It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls For Dictatorship In America! Communists Democrats Cheer! Treason Caught On Video!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by sealing
Do you remember the movie The Princess Bride?
There's a scene where an old woman yells
Boo! Boo! Boo!
That's how I feel about that stupid video.

Kudos for the reference to The Princess Bride....but....

It's not even based in any kind of reality .
There's no merit . No information, just clip cut and paste
till we can make barry HUSSIEN obama say whatever we want.
It's just sad wishful hate.

There is a slight merit to the video, regardless of the bias it was made under. President Obama has, made three or more references in passing about "bypassing Congress"...or the "want" of him to do so. To that, this video has highlighted. Every video, every post, doesn't need to be about hard-hitting, cutting edged information; sometimes a rehash is valid.

So it isn't wishful hate, it is questioning the president on why does he continually lament that he cannot "bypass Congress".

There is absolutely no merit to the video, the only merit is the one you are trying to give it. I think most presidents wished they could implement all of the changes they promised to the people that voted for them, and no president has had to work with a party so hell bent on sabotaging his term than Obama is right now.

"I wish I could bypass congress...but I can't

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by elouina

I fail to see the Treason.

Is it because he said that he is "Tempted" to bypass congress and make the laws on his own?

Just because someone says that they are "tempted" does Not constitute Treason by any stretch.

However, I can easily see that Far-Left Republicans put this video together. Do they have any clue that by doing so they have committed the Highest form of Treason. AND it is documented.

If you speak Against your Commander in Chief in such a manner, it is by Definition Treason.

So to sum things up. They have committed a Treasonous Act to assert a lie against the Command in Chief.

I am not personally happy about OUR choice of Leader, but, I also don’t go out of my way to perpetrate a fabrication by using documentation out of context.
Maybe you should get you left and right straightened out before you comment. Just sayin'!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss
Obeying the laws of our land.
Like the Patriot Act?

And he said "Can't" by the way.

Agreed on the later part here; he said "can't". Now onto the meat of your post.

It can be contended that President Obama has effectively, via Executive decree, skirted the Laws set forth through Legislation, because he doesn't agree with them or finds them a hindrance. He isn't the only President to do so, but since we are living in the now, it should be tackled.

The most blaring of these is his decree to exclude businesses from the Patient Protection Act (or Obamacare), thus overstepping his authority and side-stepping the precedence of shared and equal powers between three and separate equal branches of government.

To that, the President is charged with executing the laws of the land in full faith. The Congress is to create the laws and the Judiciary is to judge them. In this manner, President Obama has decided to recreate the law and judge it to his will as it may be done.

I won't call the man a dictator. He isn't. He is too soft and a puppet. But these actions (among others) shows me, as a student of American Constitutionalism, that the President is no friend of it. He has lamented that it is a hindrance, he has acted upon it and has actively sidestepped it.

So a video of former President Bush saying it would be "easier" -- doesn't phase me. It would be easier to have one man ruling the nation but it would also be disastrous.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
There is absolutely no merit to the video, the only merit is the one you are trying to give it. I think most presidents wished they could implement all of the changes they promised to the people that voted for them, and no president has had to work with a party so hell bent on sabotaging his term than Obama is right now.

You "think" as opposed to actual quotes is a big difference. President Bush commented that it would be easier to be a dictatorship (which isn't that inaccurate) and President Obama has lamented, via speech, in a passive way; that if only he could bypass Congress.

If you think President Obama is the only president having to deal with the opposing party bent on his demise....you need to read up on your history. I am sure Hamilton gave Adams just as much trouble in his time and quite possible there was more sophistry happening then than there is now. I suggest you read up on it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The last day of Obamas administration shall come, and if hes still there, then we'll deal with the problem....the whole kitten kabootle

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I see the Far-Left as those with political views that do not agree with my own.

~just sayin'

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

He said can.

Turn up your speaker volume and listen to how wrong you are. He says "Can't".
There's a distinct "t" sound at the end formed by the conjunction of "Can" and "Not."

Not trying to sound like your parent, but go clean your ears.

edit on 3-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

He said can.

Turn up your speaker volume and listen to how wrong you are. He says "Can't".
There's a distinct "t" sound at the end formed by the conjunction of "Can" and "Not."

Not trying to sound like your parent, but go clean your ears.

meh she's a lost cause...just let her live in her own little world

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Führer Obama can't be a**ed with congress anymore!. At least he's being honest about something.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Although we may not entirely agree, thank you for bringing constructive conversation into this thread. I enjoyed reading your post, and you did have some valid points that I agree with.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

No President is a "friend of the Constitution." But Obama has excercised his use of executive powers far less than others, far less than one might expect when faced with a crumbling economy and stone walling on the house floor.

Executive Orders by President:
Claimed numbers vs. Actual

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Ok, here Obama says that as president, if needed, he is obligated to do what he can without congress.

Watch at the 2 min 15 second mark.

edit on 4-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

Very true but we have to also include the use of the bureaucratic machine that is the Federal Government and how the President has used it. The Department of Justice has actively exhibited its willingness to not enforce some laws while manipulating others (not exclusive to this presidency and unfortunately, I wasn't a member here during the Bush years or you would be hearing the same as you are now). Other agencies within the Federal Government, under the Executive branch are also flexing their bureaucratic muscles that stretch the limits of a limited Government.

This also highlights the acquiescence of Congress (both Democrat and Republican (along with the independents) and their willingness to create far reaching and broad legislation that delegates their responsibility to the bureaucracy.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Ok, this is what I am saying... He is finding other ways of achieving his means. How many people thought that Obama was responsible for halting the deportation of illegal immigrants? Well, he was, but it was actually Napolitano, that did his dirty work. This was not an executive order!

Comparing Obama’s use of executive power to his predecessors is tricky, however, since presidents can wield their authority in a number of ways. His executive orders tell only part of the story, experts say.

Instead of executive orders, Obama has enacted policy shifts through informal “executive actions” on issues like gun control, immigration and drone strikes overseas.

His 2011 decision to halt the deportations of hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants, for example, was communicated via a memo from Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. “Clearly, she was acting as an instrument of the president,” said Mayer, who penned a book on executive power entitled, “With the Stroke of a Pen.”

“He’s circumventing Congress with a directive he may not have the authority to execute,” Grassley said at the time.

Obama finding ways to wield power without executive orders

edit on 4-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

For those that cannot view the video, I transcribed what the President said as highlighted by elouina:

"...I wanna [sic] work with Congress to get them [ideas] done. But, when Congress refuses to act and as a result hurts our economy and puts our people at risk, then I have an obligation as president to do what I can without them."

This is patently false what the President states. He has limited powers granted by the People, via the States and as enshrined in Article II of the Constitution as to what the president can do. None of which is to circumvent the powers of an equal branch of Government because they feel like they can or under the guise of "hurt[ing] our economy and put[ting] our people at risk..."

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Yeah yeah. Tons of things sound wrong when you take them out of context. Here's what he actually said.

"I want to work with Congress to get them done. Butwhen Congress refuses to act, and as a result, hurts our economy, and puts our people at risk, then I have an obligation as President to do what I can without them."

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I find it interesting that people are comparing the number of Executive Orders.

I think ANY that amount more than "NONE" is tantamount to an end-run around the Constitution and the laws and structures put in place by the Founding Fathers.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Very true but we have to also include the use of the bureaucratic machine that is the Federal Government and how the President has used it. The Department of Justice has actively exhibited its willingness to not enforce some laws while manipulating others (not exclusive to this presidency and unfortunately, I wasn't a member here during the Bush years or you would be hearing the same as you are now). Other agencies within the Federal Government, under the Executive branch are also flexing their bureaucratic muscles that stretch the limits of a limited Government.

This also highlights the acquiescence of Congress (both Democrat and Republican (along with the independents) and their willingness to create far reaching and broad legislation that delegates their responsibility to the bureaucracy.

How is that different than any what the last guy did? Or the guy before that? Or the former's father before him?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

But you KNOW he had his fingers crossed behind his back too !!

And he was crying on the inside.

With Obama and all the proven lies, we MUST always assume the opposite.

Just think if Obama actually did the opposite of everything he's done !!

What a country

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

How is that different than any what the last guy did? Or the guy before that? Or the former's father before him?

I am not excusing them and this conversation is about the current President; are you agree that he is engaging in such behavior? Or are you trying to create a straw-man?

Post Script:

How is the above out of context? When the president wants to do something he cannot act unilaterally unless it is authorized by Congress; i.e. War Powers Act. The Executive Branch cannot just decide it knows best against the Legislative Branch -- you know, that branch that is composed of the People and the States.
edit on 4-8-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join