It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls For Dictatorship In America! Communists Democrats Cheer! Treason Caught On Video!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

The Supreme Court cases doesn't really back up the blanket internment, rather the restrictions placed on certain areas. The Justices at the time were very clear on that manner. They didn't rule that the Government had; at its discretion, the ability to say a group, either based on ethnicity, color or creed; wholesale authority to encamp people.

It recognized that during a time of war (which we have been, in terms of how the Government defines it since WWII), there are interests to protect -- including areas.

That said, while I hold opinions of the Supreme Court valuable, they are not infallible. Even after the repeal of the Executive Order, many Nisei (those born here in the United States) had nothing to return to; the Government effectively executed eminent domain without compensating the citizen it affected.

Even as such, with it being "constitutional", the United States government offered to award decedents $20,000. To me, if such an act were "constitutional", why offer the award?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

you chose to ignore the egregious obstructionism of the Republican senate minority and their constant filibustering of most all bills brought up in the Senate

I have seriously had my fill of the ENDLESS Democrat victimization complex.

Always,Always,Always,Always someone else's fault.

Thank you for not disappointing me in my expectations of conservative ATS'ers and their tenuous grasp of political facts.

Thank you for proving the 'superiority complex' conservative opposites love to think they have TO DATE non have ever proven it.

Republican and Tea Party favorite Scott Brown, whose disgusting, ethnic-smearing campaign against Elisabeth Warren in his re-election bid showed that he had no business being a US senator.

So what way do you want to have it?

Republican or Teaparty Brown can't be both 'ethnic smears' ARE YOU kidding me how Warren was going around saying she was 'Native American' was a reason to vote for her?

Please stop wasting my time

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Does filibustering make one an obstructionist? As for the Senate minority, they are making objections to legislation that will not benefit their State (remember...Senators are to represent the States they are elected -- regardless if it is a majority vote that got them there).

So in your statement, it was the minority of senators, legislating to what they thought were the interest of the State they represented. And you call that obstructionism?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Clearly Republicans are suppose to roll over and play dead and let the Democrats do what ever the hell they want.

In their minds that is the way 'government' is suppose to work,
edit on 6-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sadly these are the same whining calls Republicans make when they are in power. Honestly, Ever since Hamilton we have been on a party-system that has continually divided our nation. Party politics, down to how States require you to be a "recognized party" is what is causing many of these issues.

We all have ideas. Some may transcend our neatly defined Government box of a Party, but that shouldn't be. A nation that can freely exchange and better the ideas presented through discussion and dissension, will be better off.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Maybe so but those whiny calls about the right are just that whiny considering 2 years of Democrats run amuck the 2010 midterms they saw their butts handed to them on a silver platter and ever since then it's 'Republican's fault'.

They got a bad case of cognitive dissonance going on.

The people spoke, and gave us a trifecta of Democrats they spoke again and changed that equation to block the Democrats..

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree it is a back and forth game. It was since the beginning even prior to my reference to Hamilton. That is what makes our nation so unique. It was a collection of free thinking ideas, of people of ordinary stature, placed into positions of power. No knighthood or political affiliation (though that has changed!) needed.

On a more satirical note: The Peoples' Republic of North America is only being hindered by the dreaded and archaic practice of an Electoral College. Just think, that is all that is holding us back from becoming a near pure Democracy. Hail Athens!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

That said, while I hold opinions of the Supreme Court valuable, they are not infallible. Even after the repeal of the Executive Order, many Nisei (those born here in the United States) had nothing to return to; the Government effectively executed eminent domain without compensating the citizen it affected.

Even as such, with it being "constitutional", the United States government offered to award decedents $20,000. To me, if such an act were "constitutional", why offer the award?

They got it wrong. Big Time. MHO

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Oh I completely agree and the great thing is, such could be challenged to this day. The opinion of the Court is not so set in stone that new and more creative arguments cannot shift the pillars of their precedents. Looking over the opinion of that case, I believe the court made the right argument regarding military zones and the victim should have attacked that aspect; the government defining private property as military zones and thus the effect of the executive order.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join