It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WEIRD! A Pack of cats attack a woman and dog in France

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

As a rule, cats of any size, house cats, or tigers, can take down, and kill most anything up to 3 times their own weight.
Doing so isn't typical, but, as an example, Tigers have been known to attack and take down an elephant.
House cats have this same ability of weight to threat/prey ratio.

It's pretty fascinating cats don't consistently exploit this where instead they most often go after game easier and smaller.

My little 10lb "bandercat" took down an 80lb boxer from inside the dog's mouth... I freaked for a moment because I thought the little a-hole finally met his match... not so much. The dog took ALL of the punishment... bleeding from multiple bite and claw wounds with my cat in his gaping jaws. The dog has since been adopted, and I bet he NEVER messes with a kitty cat again

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by 727Sky

This is bizarre. Totally not the style of cats. They don't attack unless they are hunting or threatened to death. Maybe they were rabid?

Actually feral cats become a lot more like wild cats and operate larger territories which they will defend. They tend to operate a pride like structure.

Ive even seen a group of normal female cats team up to teach the local bully male a lesson...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I recently watched a bbc documentary "secret lifes of cats" or something. It was quite brilliant. They mounted cameras and gps on cats and in one village and followed their anticks. I think it was +50 cats that were gps tracked. Even pet cats had territories they regularly patrolled. So they do keep many of the wild traits. One curious discovery was that they actually sneak into each others houses alot and eat other cats foods instead of hunt.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Also had a cat when i was young. She once showed the neighbours boxer who s the boss and scratched his nose (a very sensitive part of dogs ) since that day the boxer kept running when my cat showed up :-)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
It's pretty fascinating cats don't consistently exploit this where instead they most often go after game easier and smaller.

Cats, like any predator seek the easiest meal that will suit their needs. Larger prey equals larger risk, and injured hunter is a dead hunter, it would take extenuating circumstances for them to risk the danger of injury.

So things like weakened larger pray from injury or age, and perhaps starvation for them to make the choice to go after an animal that could harm them.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the cats true target was not the human, but the poodle.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Yes I agree, either these cats are rabid or starving. Usually feral cats will run away when they see people. This is not common behavior for them at all.

Kittens. The "feral" will attack dogs mostly when kittens are nearby. And I mean they will go helter skelter on that azz.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

They may be alien, but, they're scared of the lizards, too

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
reply to post by Druscilla

not to mention how high they can jump

I've recently taken up akali Escrima, and by no means am I good but I totally get why there are guys who wear tigers now.
edit on 28-7-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EasyPleaseMe

..... Really? I find female house cats to be very solitary when they are feral.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Oh Yes! star for that LOLs

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

My brother and I have both decided that we can't be in serious relationships with girls that really like cats. Just too different type of person. Dog person or it's pointless to even go on a date.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by madmac5150

My brother and I have both decided that we can't be in serious relationships with girls that really like cats. Just too different type of person. Dog person or it's pointless to even go on a date.

There was actually a book written by a couple of Airline Captains that listed the things to stay away from when considering a future mate...Cats and tattoos were very high on the list of things to avoid in a woman...so you have others who would agree with you. The book was written over 25 years ago so things might have changed...

Male cats are very loving much more than the females in my experience...Unfortunately I do not want cats around unless in a barn killing rats...I like birds, and cats that run wild decimate all the baby birds when they have left the nest but still can't fly..One June I saved 5 baby Mocking birds from neighborhood cats in Houston...Notice my Avatar...he is not wearing a chute!!
The following is a video about a man who turned traitor in his dogs eyes by getting a cat....actually a good video in an animal sort of way...and worth seeing.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If any animal shows no fear and shows extreme confidence in their actions, other animals will most often back down. This same thing happens in humans. If you challenge someone, they often use different techniques to suppress you using the same sort of tactics. Try challenging a professor and they will use words and evidence to suppress you, many times evidence that is misapplied. If you arm yourself with knowledge and the ability to reason, you can challenge them in a debate to try to adjust their consciousness. If you challenge them without adequate knowledge it will cause you to be intimidated by your peers. Some people do not like to be challenged and will say your information will not apply to the situation and throw evidence that is severely distorted at you. Remember that to do this, you have to have confidence and be right or it will lower your reputation. When they find you know what you are talking about, they usually get mad and say they have to go. I Suppose you should not challenge them who have authority over you though, you could fail the class.

I have seen humans do things like a cat when confronted with danger from bigger animals. A bear usually does not want to hurt you but if you run or it senses fear in you it will chase you. When there are more than one cat, their confidence goes up, if the other cat was not present in the video, the outcome of the alligator/cat video may have been a lot different. The observers there also gave more confidence to the cat. Cats can collect energy from their surrounding through their hair if they are dry.

Our outside cat sometimes bites me when I quit petting it. It feels like he broke the bone in my finger, but there isn't even a mark. He seems to have shocked me. I see that they just grab a chippy and lightly bite it and somehow the chippy gets shorted out like it was zapped by a stun gun. If you keep the cat away, it recovers and runs away unhurt. I think the cats have the abillity to stun an animal, ruffling their fir up to store energy. I also noticed that cats seem so light sometimes when picked up and their fir seems charged, they can fly up a tree like gravity doesn't exist. Two hours later, they are heavy again. Can fir actually collect and store energy?
Do cats actually possess a capacitor quality? Rub a balloon on your hair and stick it to a wall, does this energy help a cat run up a tree? Does the shape of the feathers help a bird fly.

Humans have such limitations compared to other species I feel, I feel if we weren't so intelligent that we would be extinct, we traded off some of these properties in evolution to be able to think better I suppose. The wings of planes are designed all wrong, we aren't as smart as we think.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
that is all

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Fleas the size of rats sucked on rats the size of cats...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

What a shame.... ......apparently a simple case of pissed off friends of 'Walter', the woman's cat who she locked in the bathroom while she took 'Ralphie' her poodle out for a walk.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

They don't attack unless they are hunting or threatened to death. Maybe they were rabid?
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

No they were definately cats Rabids don't have long tails or retractable claws

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

They don't attack unless they are hunting or threatened to death. Maybe they were rabid?
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

No they were definately cats Rabids don't have long tails or retractable claws

Rabbis?

2nd.

I've seen a rabbi throw down some pretty vicious doctrine.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Had to laugh at this, I used to own both cat's and dog's and am in general an animal lover.
Now My dog lived with cat's so He and I were unprepared when a large Tom cat ran across the street and latched itself firmly on my dog's head trying to get His eye's, I had to drag the cat by the scruff of it's neck (I have had many cat's and would never hurt one) off my dog and chase it away from my whimpering dog (whom was at least 6 times bigger than the very large Tom), as I quickly got my dog away the cat ran back and stood mewling to make sure we were gone from his territory, I have often laughed and thought sadly of my long dead Pet, If that had been my pet cat I would have named it Damien.
Actually though cat's are one of man's most essential urban and farm pet animals as they have keep the vermin down, vermin that carry disease and other than the bad habit of stealing your bed when you are out they are actually very loving pet's but as the Thread Author say's, they seem to think they are the boss and we are there pet's.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I love my evil cats but that's too much. I wish one would...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join