It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One hell of a deal: Pope Francis offers reduced time in Purgatory for Catholics that follow him on T

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by colbe

Did you bother reading the original post at all? Your pope is a sham! And why do you assume that every dissenting voice is a disgruntled former catholic? Maybe we just have brains!

An atheist checking the faith threads. Hmmm, I've shared, God is working on you. Did you see my question mark? I don't know for sure, maybe the OP is a non-Catholic anti-Catholic.

The Holy Father is holy, I can share a private revelation (prophecy), God and all of Heaven would know.

And check the news here, most of the world agrees in this short time of Pope Francis' papacy.

God bless you AI,

colbe

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Reread the originally post. Read it carefully. The bible doesn't say anything about reduced time in purgatory for following the pope on twitter.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The thread isn't anti- Catholic, and I have cursed no one. God does want us to think of him, but I don't think he gives bonus points for "tweets". If you want to believe that a MAN can give you a get out of jail card for following him on Twitter you go right ahead. Last time I checked only Jesus could put a word in, not a man with a pointy hat. You can believe whatever you like!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Destinyone

I'd settle for a good, old fashioned "snail mail" address!
Never know though, I could probably use all the help I can get; I have a feeling if I have a vacation in Purgatory in the afterlife I could be in for a rough stay!

What's next..huh. Half off penance coupons in confessionals ?

Des

I kind of like the "Buy Two Get One Free" confessional deal, because my favorite
definition of a lapsed Lutheran (my yoke) is a regular memory lapse when the
confession part of the liturgy comes by. I guess the Protestants just bundle that
stuff right into the service to keep your whole Saturday open.

Anyway, after a couple of tries I always noticed having inadverdently left something
out.. and stopping back for a third and a full flush would be cool without having to
stoke the plate. I'm unfotunately too human and prone to error, or suffer fear of reprisal
for piping up, more likely. But I never worried about having that few dates either.

@littled too.. I don't worry much about the Halfway House to Heaven, it sounds like
another job you get to do even after you're dead. And besides, with our hearts in the
right place known individually, what that guy did about 2000 years ago was supposed
to do the whole trick anyway. Sometimes I just don't get it.

EDIT:: Maybe for all of us, and if I could paraphrase that really good dead comedian a
lot of us here looked up to: "Anyone who professes an inroad into, or claims to have the
ear of the Supreme Being is to be avoided at all costs, because it'll probably cost you plenty."

edit on 17-7-2013 by derfreebie because: Cardinal Glick strikes again

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Rofl, how can people possibly put any faith into the church after witnessing this?

Pretty much admitting that man can twist god's will to meet his needs, and his needs are money.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by colbe

Reread the originally post. Read it carefully. The bible doesn't say anything about reduced time in purgatory for following the pope on twitter.

Oh, so you've converted to Protestantism AI. Er...why is an atheist professing Sola Scriptura? Sola Scriptura
is heresy. God has named a leader on earth, The Bible is not our authority, the Bible says the "Church" is
our authority (1 Tim 3:15), led by the Vicar of Christ, Pope Francis.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Do not listen to those who mock the faith.

I share a recent post from one of my threads at ATS. I would become Catholic for this one day, the Sunday after Easter. Jesus promises, follow His request on Divine Mercy Sunday and your Purgatory time is taken away.

The thread title: This coming Sunday, April 7th, Our Lord pours His unfathomable divine mercy on everybody who wishes

Originally posted by colbe
You all know, I repeat often at ATS, Jesus wants everyone to become Roman Catholic. He is going to show the entire world, each person personally. Heaven says "soon" in the messages of Heaven.

Back to the thread subject. I noticed an older audiosancto homily had 40 "likes" so I listened. Father's homily reminds you...

Holy Sanctuary in the Divine Mercy of God (under sermon categories: Christology)
The first part of the homily, Father explains indulgences. Listen about 8:58 to hear about Jesus' beautiful promise.

www.audiosancto.org...

I would become Roman Catholic for this promise of Our Lord. Wow~! Jesus' gift given on one day of the year, the Sunday after Easter on the feast of Divine Mercy. Jesus promises if you will receive Holy Communion and go to Confession on or within a few days before or after the Feast Day, all your sins are forgiven AND your Purgatory time, the reparation to be made for the effects of your sins are removed. Your soul is now in the state it was at the moment of Baptism.

* If you have a MORTAL sin on your soul, you must go to Confession BEFORE you receive Communion on the Feast of Divine Mercy.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

The thread isn't anti- Catholic, and I have cursed no one. God does want us to think of him, but I don't think he gives bonus points for "tweets". If you want to believe that a MAN can give you a get out of jail card for following him on Twitter you go right ahead. Last time I checked only Jesus could put a word in, not a man with a pointy hat. You can believe whatever you like!

"One hell of deal" in your thread title is mocking, the intention. And you continue on here. Are you a Protestant or a baptized Catholic fallen away? What is the "chip" in your shoulder? I asked previously, why don't you explain.

Fallen away Catholics start a lot of anti-Catholic threads. This is one.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
Next, they'll have ACH/debit card payment plans to pray for the souls of dead relatives.

Yeah...they kind of already do....sort of! Always have.
You can pay to have masses said for living or dead people.
And for all kinds of intentions...for someone who is sick, has cancer, etc.

And you can have your estate set up to have masses said for you,
on a regular basis, for as long as you want, after you are gone!
Kind of like insurance, if you're really worried about Purgatory!

A regular mass is around $10. That might be different depending on the area.
Probably in the big cities/ cathedrals it's more expensive, just like everything else?
People have masses said when someone dies instead of sending flowers.

Special Gregorian masses, which are only said in certain places,
were $150, the last time I checked, for 30 days of masses.
That gets the person who the masses are offered for, released from Purgatory.

Sounds like a good deal to me!
Who wants to spend any more time in Purgatory than they have too???

It's said, whatever is bound on earth will be bound in heaven,
& whatever is loosed on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Sooo..for the price of a pizza, you can have a mass said.
And it's a lot better for you!!!
If it works...how great!
If it doesn't...no harm done!
You shouldn't be eating that much pizza anyway!!!

WOQ

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Everyone can't go to Rio, the Holy Father is granting a plenary indulgence to those who listen to (radio) or watch the televised events at World Youth Day 2013. You have to meet the other conditions for a plenary indulgences also.

Thanks OP, you help make this gift known. No hard feelings, it is difficult to read some of the replies when I as a Catholic hold the faith so dear, I pray one day you will too.

colbe

_ _ _

Pope grants indulgences for World Youth Day

...“The young people and the faithful who are adequately prepared will obtain the Plenary Indulgence, once a day and under the usual conditions (sacramental Confession, Eucharistic communion and prayer in accordance with the intentions of the Holy Father), applicable also to the souls of deceased faithful,” states the decree published July 9.

The document adds that people WHO CANNOT attend World Youth Day can receive it “under the usual spiritual, sacramental and prayer conditions, in a spirit of filial submission to the Roman Pontiff.”

But this means they must participate “in the sacred functions on the days indicated, following the same rites and spiritual exercises as they occur via television or radio or, with due devotion, via the new means of social communication.”

Cardinal Monteiro de Castro and Bishop Nykiel added that the faithful can also obtain a partial indulgence – a remission of some temporal punishment due to sin.

This will be for Catholics who “in any place and between the indicated days, with a contrite heart raise devout prayers to God, concluding with the official prayer of the World Youth Day.”

They will also need to invoke “the Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of Brazil (with the title Nossa Senhora da Conceicao Aparecida) as well as other patrons and intercessors of the same meeting, that they may encourage the young to reinforce their faith and lead a holy life.”

The granting of indulgences by the Pope comes from Jesus’ response to Peter, the first Pope, when he proclaimed that Jesus is “the Christ, the Son of the living God” in Matthew 16.

Jesus replied to Peter, “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

www.ewtnnews.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I have a feeling the new Pope doesn't agree with the Vatican Court on many matters. As if they could intercede on our behalf? What gall and arrogance! I suspect at least a few of them may spend time in Purgatory or worse!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

I understand. Dad's family took me to Mass and Mom's family took me to Southern Baptist services until I hit my teen years. I'm still a religious person (Baptist) but I think i suffered information overload in my youth.

See the replies to follow, you suggesting the indulgence is for profit in your previous comment. You shouldn't do that, Non-Catholic Christians are still protesting indulgences. The misuse of indulgences was corrected a long, long time ago at the Council of Trent.

Study the faith, a Catholic Bible http:www.drbo.org/ read the Catechism, it is online too. www.scborromeo.org... Read Catholic writing and when you search, type in Catholic Apologetics first, then your subject of interest concerning the faith. Read the lives of the saints. Read the messages from Heaven, they are powerful and will strengthen your faith.

A direct link to the Catholic daily messages is - www.catholicbinder.com...
Ditto for the Protestant daily messages - ft111.com...

The Remnant is NOT Baptist, the Remnant is Roman Catholic. God wants you to become Catholic. He is going to show the entire world during the prophesied Great Warning (the awakening). It is soon, says Heaven.

God bless your dear parents.

colbe

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko

I have a feeling the new Pope doesn't agree with the Vatican Court on many matters. As if they could intercede on our behalf? What gall and arrogance! I suspect at least a few of them may spend time in Purgatory or worse!

True but not all Jesus' consecrated ones. The end times are a happening. Pray for Pope Francis. I wish our
brothers and sisters in Christ and non-Christians could put it together. The disconnect. The smoke of
Satan has entered the Vatican because he knows who the true faith is...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It's all part of Magisterium. Most followers of Christianity are yet to learn the truth of it's origins and it's use as power and control over people, how this was formed and it's evolution.

In Catholicism, the Magisterium is the teaching authority of the Church.[1] According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church: "The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the Magisterium of the Church, that is, to the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him."[2] Catholic theology divides the functions of the teaching office of the Church into two categories: the infallible sacred magisterium and the fallible ordinary magisterium. The infallible sacred magisterium includes the extraordinary declarations of the pope speaking ex cathedra and of ecumenical councils (traditionally expressed in conciliar creeds, canons, and decrees), as well as of the ordinary and universal magisterium. Despite its name, the "ordinary and universal magisterium" falls under the infallible sacred magisterium, and in fact is the usual manifestation of the infallibility of the Church, the decrees of popes and councils being "extraordinary".

Also part of the man made 'laws' of Catholicism claiming Papal Infallibility and Ex Cathedra

Statements by a pope which exercise papal infallibility are referred to as "solemn papal definitions" or ex cathedra teachings. Also considered infallible are the teachings of the whole body of bishops of the Church, especially but not only in an ecumenical council[13] (see Infallibility of the Church).
According to the teaching of the First Vatican Council and Catholic tradition, the conditions required for ex cathedra papal teaching are as follows:
"the Roman Pontiff"
"speaks ex cathedra" ("that is, when in the discharge of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, and by virtue of his supreme apostolic authority"....)
"he defines"
"that a doctrine concerning faith or morals"
"must be held by the whole Church" (Pastor Aeternus, chap. 4)[14]
For a teaching by a pope or ecumenical council to be recognized as infallible, the teaching must be a decision of the supreme teaching authority of the Church (pope or College of Bishops); it must concern a doctrine of faith or morals; it must bind the universal Church; and it must be proposed as something to be held firmly and immutably. The terminology of a definitive decree will usually make clear that this last condition is fulfilled, as through a formula such as "By the authority of Our Lord Jesus Christ and of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and by Our own authority, We declare, pronounce and define the doctrine . . . to be revealed by God and as such to be firmly and immutably held by all the faithful", or through an accompanying anathema stating that anyone who deliberately dissents is outside the Catholic Church.[15]
For example, in 1950, with Munificentissimus Deus, Pope Pius XII's infallible definition regarding the Assumption of Mary, there are attached these words:
Hence if anyone, which God forbid, should dare willfully to deny or to call into doubt that which We have defined, let him know that he has fallen away completely from the divine and Catholic Faith.

Scripture and primacy of Peter

On the basis of Mark 3:16, 9:2, Luke 24:34 and 1 Corinthians 15:5, the Catechism of the Catholic Church describes Peter as holding first place among the apostles. It speaks of Peter as the rock on which, because of Peter's faith, Christ said in Matthew 16:18 he would build his Church, which he declared would be victorious over the powers of death. In Luke 22:32, Jesus gave Peter the mission to keep his faith after every lapse and to strengthen his brothers in it.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church sees the power of the keys that Jesus promised to Peter alone in Matthew 16:19 as signifying authority to govern the house of God, that is, the Church, an authority that Jesus after his resurrection confirmed for Peter by instructing him in John 21:15–17 to feed Christ's sheep. The power to bind and loose, conferred on all the apostles jointly and to Peter in particular (Matthew 16:19) is seen in the Catechism of the Catholic Church as authority to absolve sins, to pronounce judgments on doctrine and to make decisions on Church discipline

Primacy of the Bishop of Rome

The first bishop to claim primacy in writing was Pope Stephen I (254-257).[36] The timing of the claim is significant, for it was made during the worst of the tumults of the third century. There were several persecutions during this century which hit the Church of Rome hard; Stephen himself and his immediate successor Pope Sixtus II were martyred. Cyprian of Carthage(d.258) stressed the Petrine primacy as well as the unity of the Church and the importance of being in communion with the bishops.[37] For him, "the Bishop of Rome is the direct heir of Peter, whereas the others are heirs only indirectly", and he insisted that "the Church of Rome is the root and matrix of the Catholic Church".[38] Pope Damasus I (366-384) was the first pope to claim that the primacy of the Church of Rome rested on Peter alone, and the first to refer to the Roman church as "the Apostolic See" (the see of the Apostle Peter). To uphold its primacy, the prestige of the city itself was no longer sufficient, but in the doctrine of apostolic succession (from Peter) the popes had an unassailable position

edit on 18-7-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
98% of ATS hates the Church while only 2% understand it.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
makes a change from laying waste to muslim countrys killing cathars and indulging in genocide to free yourself from sin as in times past .

i would tell the pope to kiss my ring but im not into that stuff

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

The Catholic Church has been offering indulgences for centuries; that's one of the many reasons Martin Luther protested against the Catholic Church and spawned Protestantism (ever wonder what that term meant?)

When this new pope releases all of its records on child-raping priests and cooperates in the prosecution of still living priests that have raped children, I might just give a rip about what else he has to say.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It seems nonsensical why the RCC hasn't made their own membership site for indulgences. Why not skip purgatory altogether and be saved by Jesus? So in a way, Pope Francis is proving to the world of all the people who have yet to know what real salvation is not based on works of twittering, which earns him all he deserves with voluntary followers.

What next, telling them to twitter their prayers, in front of the whole world? If you need a computer to get less purgatory, something is wrong with the religion.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

The Catholic Church has been offering indulgences for centuries; that's one of the many reasons Martin Luther protested against the Catholic Church and spawned Protestantism (ever wonder what that term meant?)

When this new pope releases all of its records on child-raping priests and cooperates in the prosecution of still living priests that have raped children, I might just give a rip about what else he has to say.

Luther threw out the baby with the bathwater.

His mistake. The misuse of indulgences was corrected at the Council of Trent (1641). Indulgences are a good thing. God wants everyone to come close to Him. How do we do that here? By prayer and loving acts. I have found, the more I pray, the more I want to pray but how do you get people to begin? Indulgences are a help, a motivation in a way, to pray.

The priest scandal was homosexual but since most of the world now celebrates sodomy, they have called the priest scandal pedophile. It wasn't, it was homosexual.

If you could just remember for the time ahead...

The Eucharist is true. Jesus wants us all to believe the same. Those two! God has prophesied, revealed, He is going to show every soul on the earth the true faith very soon, before the evil anti-Christ appears.

love,

colbe

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntoniusBlock
98% of ATS hates the Church while only 2% understand it.

Oh, the pain of it. I'll keep posting, prophecy has said for 15 years in my reading, the Remnant is Roma Catholic. God wants everyone to become Roman Catholic.

Again, please disbelievers. Satan has infiltrated the Church, try to figure out the reason. Okay, another, why do Satanists mimic the Holy Mass with black masses? Why do they steal and desecrate consecrated hosts?

God bless you Antonius!!!

colbe

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join