It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One hell of a deal: Pope Francis offers reduced time in Purgatory for Catholics that follow him on T

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Sure Ok, removing fictitious time spent in a make believe land for 'sins' commited simply for following the church on your social media?
Wow what a farce the church has become, if you want I have a bridge for sale going cheap seeing as you believe nonsense.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I didn't realize he had that kind of pull with Christ!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I am also a ex-Catholic, I wouldn't step my little toe in the Vatican. Sell the Vatican FEED the World. The Vatican has miles & miles of Documents hidden from the World. What are they hiding? Other than pedo's. Why do we allow them to hide important information. Religion over all has been a BIG dissapiontment for me. I do pray, I do believe in a creator, I follow my heart. This World is truly backwards, upsidedown, lies are truth, truth is lies. Jesus is NOT happy with the Vatican. His deeds are clear for all to see

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

If you had clicked the link in the OP and checked out the article you would know that it was the actual title of the news article the thread is about and not of my construction. Maybe next time you should try reading the source material, that is what links are for.My religious beliefs are none of your business.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You are entitled to your opinion. Since you are convinced Roman Catholics are the only one's going to Heaven and that you will be among them I will happily enjoy mt stay in Hell rather than spend eternity listening to your holier than thou , sanctimonious horse puckey! Oh, and my dad and step-mother (devout Catholics) when I discussed the issue with them seem to think that judgemental jackwipes probably wont be allowed into Heaven either- tough luck for you!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Let's hope the Pope has a better sense of humor than our friend Colbe, because he's gonna need it. The interwebs are all "abuzz" and "atwitter" over this story.

edit on 18-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I guess if he throws in some virgins like their competitor is offering I might think about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

I guess if he throws in some virgins like their competitor is offering I might think about it.

Be careful what you wish for! The virgins could turn out to be members of The Geek Squad who live in their mother's basements!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Again, please disbelievers. Satan has infiltrated the Church, try to figure out the reason. Okay, another, why do Satanists mimic the Holy Mass with black masses? Why do they steal and desecrate consecrated hosts?

Satan and his followers haven't had a damn thing to say in all the years I have been alive and observant. All I see is Christians hating on him and trying to defame him even though most of the bad stuff happening in the religious world comes from yet another bastard of Judaism. That's right, Islam, I'm looking at you.

And yet Satan is a bad guy. Never been able to tell his story, doesn't have anybody preaching Satanism or trying to convert or undermine the world, hasn't so much as thrown his Bat signal on the clouds of Gotham, and yet everyone apparently thinks he's the worst thing this world has to fear. You know what I think?

I think we should be more afraid of the kool aid y'all been drinking. Sounds like it's been laced.

edit on 18-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Let's hope the Pope has a better sense of humor than our friend Colbe, because he's gonna need it. The interwebs are all "abuzz" and "atwitter" over this story.

edit on 18-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

I love Pope Francis, especially his granting the indulgence for World Youth Day 2013 NOT the mocks here of the faith because they do not understand the gift of indulgences.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I want the GPS coordinates for Purgatory, an iphone app for Purgatory...then I *may* follow him on Twitter.....

Des

"This is your pilot speaking. The crew and myself would like to thank you for choosing to fly with us on a direct flight from Purgatory to downtown Eternal Damnation. We apologize for the delay in the arrival and departure of our flight, due entirely due to minor technical difficulties with the engines on the way down. Our ground crew has had a good poke around with their pitchforks and as nothing has fallen off, we're going to cross our fingers, take our chances and depart before the major electric storm comes in. We'll be flying at a height of approximately 6666 meters above the ground for the duration of the flight. A Last meal and Mass will be served half-way though the flight for all those that wish one. I'd like to remind everyone that we are currently offering discounts on all indulgences and blessings contained in our gift catalog. Any purchases can be collected on departure from the plane. Passengers on our frequent flyer scheme may also make use of their Purification Points to buy items. Once again, the crew and myself would like to thank you for flying with Damnation Airlines".

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is what caused, among 94 other things, Martin Luther's 95th Treaties that kicked off the protestant sect of christianity. He stated that the catholic church was and had always derogated from the original intent of christ. At some point Roman historians found that initially there were two notable camps of christianity before Constantine the Great made christianity the national religion of the Holy Roman Empire. The first camp believed in a more fluid and spiritual type discipline, walk as you talk, that required more acting not devotional. The second camp was all about devotional and allowing the church to develop a strict orthodoxy and method of training its followers. Guess which one the Holy Roman Church adopted.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This article should clear some things up. It's not quite what the media's making it out to be (shocker, I know).

edit on 7/18/2013 by IsidoreOfSeville because: Modified link to make it work.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Originally posted by votan

Be careful what you wish for! The virgins could turn out to be members of The Geek Squad who live in their mother's basements!

I will make sure to read the fine print and ask about these virgins.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

You are entitled to your opinion. Since you are convinced Roman Catholics are the only one's going to Heaven and that you will be among them I will happily enjoy mt stay in Hell rather than spend eternity listening to your holier than thou , sanctimonious horse puckey! Oh, and my dad and step-mother (devout Catholics) when I discussed the issue with them seem to think that judgemental jackwipes probably wont be allowed into Heaven either- tough luck for you!

I am sorry your mother died. "Devout Catholics" do not divorce.

Go to Mass with your father and step-mother, you don't have to remain Baptist as your Mom was while she was alive. Study the faith, you can become Catholic, the Remnant is Roman Catholic. Your other comments...

You must realize, when you start a thread to question or make fun of Pope Francis' actions, this is no good. It goes along with the denial of Purgatory, thinking there are no consequences for our actions. I explained indulgences, why they are a gift.

I can't say who makes it to Heaven, I am a person like you. God is the judge, He wants everyone to go to Heaven BUT all the souls in Heaven no matter their belief here are now Catholic.

Remember, vulgar language, do not use it, it takes away from what YOU say.

Jesus wants you to become Roman Catholic little16. There was another Protestant message from Heaven given yesterday, Our Lord reminds of the Great Warning coming soon. Get ready everyone, we all must confess our mortal sins to God now and pray every day (Catholics, go to Confession), two things to do to prepare for the Great Warning. I can post an excerpt of the message if you like, divine events are closer.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You can save your preaching- I signed the papers to help my Dad have his marriage to my mother annulled as did my sister, and he has re-married by the arch bishop of the diocese with me standing for him. My mother is alive and well, and a reformed Wiccan turned Pentacostal. My religious beliefs have nothing to do with my family and are mine alone. There is no need for any intermediary to God other than Christ so I have no need to confess my sins to ANY man- so keep your confessional and your message.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here is the messge, this is not a message to a Catholic seer, Julie is Protestant. God wants us all to believe the same and very soon, Jesus is going to show everyone.

People will not feel the spiritual pain of seeing CONFESSED sins during the NDE like life review of God's divine act of Mercy. Believe. Protestants in prophecy hear it called the "awakening", Catholics know it as the Great Warning. Heaven in the messages has said, when the world is at its worst, the Great Warning will happen.

+ + +

Messages to Julie Whedbee

www.IAmCallingYouNow.blogspot.com...

MY GREATEST ACT OF MERCY
July 16th, 2013

I am indeed coming down to the hearts of men and I will demonstrate Myself in such a way that has never occurred in history. I am about to reveal Myself powerfully and directly to every soul on this earth. Not one person will be able to dispute who I am, the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords. This act is the greatest demonstration of My mercy that one could ever know. I am confirming to you what I have revealed to Bonnie so there will be no more uncertainty in your hearts. I have spoken to many concerning this event, and it is one and the same. You will be shown what I see, your true hearts will be revealed to you. You will see for yourselves the condition of your souls. For many, this will be a terrible experience and so I ask My remnant body to prepare now to minister to those who will be presented to you after this occurs. I am allowing this final act, this final WARNING, because of My infinite love for each one of you. Do not fear My children, only be obedient as I have required, and ensure that your spiritual house is in order. Once a soul sees its unrighteousness before a holy God, that soul chooses for itself its eternal destination. I desire that not one would be lost, but again it is a personal choice. ...

Yeshua

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

You can save your preaching- I signed the papers to help my Dad have his marriage to my mother annulled as did my sister, and he has re-married by the arch bishop of the diocese with me standing for him. My mother is alive and well, and a reformed Wiccan turned Pentacostal. My religious beliefs have nothing to do with my family and are mine alone. There is no need for any intermediary to God other than Christ so I have no need to confess my sins to ANY man- so keep your confessional and your message.

Ditto for your vulgarity and anti-Catholic "preaching", the reason you started this thread.

Really, the "arch bishop" remarried your father with you there? Being there sure didn't touch you, "Baptist" turned "Wiccan", now "Pentacostal."

Indulgences are a gift and not to be made fun of little16.

Julie, the messenger could be "Pentacostal", a Protestant denomination. Believe her message, the "awakening" is going to happen.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Oi you how dare you make judgements about other people here, I am getting sick of your self righteous BS, what have you ever done in your life eh? do you go and help others or just deride them for not being a ruddy catholic.
I suggest you do one pal, everything you type is lip service nothing more, you judge and judge when the only thing that can do that is god..not you.
Go and do something good for other people for once eh? instead of acting all high and mighty.
Plus flyersfan has shown us all you are no Catholic, you follow the wrong path.
Repent on your knees colbe for If anyone on this board is going to Hell it is YOU.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Hopefully it's an awakening to your delusions so you'll stop trying to force your opinions on others.

All I hear from your posts is "I'm better than you because I'm Catholic, so you should be just like me." Give it a rest, no one is buying your snake oil.
edit on 18-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join