It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GITMO Spoils Inmates While Many Americans Go Hungry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

"Terrorists"???

Aren't you an American? Do you not value due process? These individuals have not been tried. Them being in Gitmo is a human rights violation. The people that keep them there are our government. The hungry people here in the US vote for our government.

I should feel bad why???

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Close it down is my firm answer. Those individuals deserve a trial. If the shoe was on the other foot and Americans were being treated like this, we would have a different opinion on how these prisoners should be handled.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm betting that 3/4 of a million dollar soccer field is more for the base personnel than the "well-behaved" prisoners. Dollars to donuts the amount of Muslim books and media is vastly overblown as well. That's not only a lot of crap to keep track of, but needs a lot of storage space. Gotta build that, or repurpose for it & move things around. Where have things been moved to, or what buildings are new(er) to house such entertainment? I'm betting they're lucky if they have a handful of unkempt small store rooms for any entertainment materials. Any influx of additional money going into that sh**hole is undoubtedly going to the personnel first & foremost. Prisoners may get the proverbial scrap remains of those funds for medical care & food, & hand-me-down items at best.

It's far beyond time to close Gitmo. Charge those you can charge, send the rest home, and burn the base to the ground. Let the Cubans do the torching, I'm sure they'd find it gratifying & cathartic after having their own land held by a hostile neighbor for so long.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
I'm betting that 3/4 of a million dollar soccer field is more for the base personnel than the "well-behaved" prisoners. Dollars to donuts the amount of Muslim books and media is vastly overblown as well. That's not only a lot of crap to keep track of, but needs a lot of storage space. Gotta build that, or repurpose for it & move things around. Where have things been moved to, or what buildings are new(er) to house such entertainment? I'm betting they're lucky if they have a handful of unkempt small store rooms for any entertainment materials. Any influx of additional money going into that sh**hole is undoubtedly going to the personnel first & foremost. Prisoners may get the proverbial scrap remains of those funds for medical care & food, & hand-me-down items at best.

It's far beyond time to close Gitmo. Charge those you can charge, send the rest home, and burn the base to the ground. Let the Cubans do the torching, I'm sure they'd find it gratifying & cathartic after having their own land held by a hostile neighbor for so long.

750,000 for a soccer field?

IT'S GRASS, a few poles. lines and nets. Unless the soccer ball costs 700,000, I'm betting that 700,000 went somewhere else.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Close it down is my firm answer. Those individuals deserve a trial. If the shoe was on the other foot and Americans were being treated like this, we would have a different opinion on how these prisoners should be handled.

Peace

What Happened to the America of my youth?
It used to be that American's would take pride in themselves and claim that many of the pow's would rather be captured by American's than the other enemies in many wars past.

So much for that with many saying execute them.
We are not the beacon of light anymore in this world.

The Government sponsored propaganda is working.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

The base at Guantanamo Bay is much more than the prison. You know that, right? It has served a very important purpose for the security of the USA for many, many decades. The prison should be closed, but the rest of the base will remain functioning for many more decades.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

What do you mean it is working? We elect the people who feed us that propaganda. It is beyond me how anyone could vote for anyone that has had a D or and R next to their name. Yet it happens every single freaking year.

I mean, even a total idiot learns to leave that hot pan handle alone after a few burns.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
In America the bigger the crime the better your treated, and that my friends is a FACT! Just ask anyone whos been to jail. The Federal Prison is where its at.....they eat better and get more stuff, so it doesn't surprise me that they up the anty for Gitmo......its crazy!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
the other option was a board and some water, dogs, ropes n hoods. but it was too inhumane

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

your ignorance on this matter is disturbing.

you obviously have no idea what has gone on at this ILLEGAL AMERICAN TORTURE camp.

shame on you.

this thread should be in propaganda hoax bin

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Apologies if my post stepped over the mark.

I can tolerate other's opinions, but not opinions such as yours that you peddle as facts.

I don't care about your off topic erroneous personal view of me.

Learn to tolerate other peoples' opinons.

That's the problem. In many of your threads, if anyone brings up an utterly opposing view you claim they are "off topic" and you just ignore it completely. You say tolerate other's opinions, but I think you are blinded by your own,

If you think that GITMO is worth the money ... that's your choice.

I don't think anything of the sort. As I mentioned, I believe the base should be closed and Guantanamo handed back to Cuba. I think it should be closed because it's a huge glaring lie to the often touted belief that the United States stands for human rights and liberty.

The reason you want it closed is because you seem to think it's some sort of luxury holiday camp, which is preposterous. If it's so lovely why are many inmates on hunger strike?

Considering how many Americans are in pain and suffering

So what? I don't see how that is meant to justify locking all those people up without trial. Considering your country invaded the Middle East and probably two of the countries some of those inmates come from, it's a rather self-centred hypocritical attitude to take when talking about the "suffering" of Americans. Did you stop for even a second to contemplate the suffering that your own country has inflicted upon others, all in the grand name of freedom and democracy?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Just about sums it up...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

It is unfortunate that so many Americans are not represented by their government.

It is even more unfortunate that so many Americans tolerate their nonrepresentative government.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Its one of the things a civilized country does when they detain some one, provide for their basic needs. Sure prisoners get 3 square meals a day, medical treatment but its not like they are in a position to provide for them self's. Im guessing the gitmo inmates got fat because they are kept in isolation for about 23 hrs a day in a 1m by 1m cell. Detention with out charge/ due process has never sat right with me. Release them and save some case. There a reason the prison is out side US boarders, the conditions would be illegal in the country has detained them. If people are as hungry in the US is as bad as you say you have bigger issues than what prisoners are being fed.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

These Gitmo terrorists are living a relatively stress free life, and by all measures that are being adopted to rehabilitate will ensure they are fully rested and able to resume with terrorist activities once released.

The Gitmo prisoner rehab program is going to take a while and cost millions. Sending them to a commercial prison sounds like a cheaper solution, although Im unsure if it will yield any positive outcomes for their moderating their radical views towards the west.

At the least the TV entertainment could give options for watching western sitcoms/ movies alongside the eastern Muslim religious channels. I think eventually over time some prisoners would switch over to western entertainment in an attempt to try and escape the trapped feelings of boredom.
edit on 30-6-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Rehabilitate terrorist? you mad? If there was solid evidence against them they will go to jail for life.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty or that only apply to white people?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The true irony of this thread is that Flyers - who is a good poster on ATS (even if I often disagree) - has chosen not to return to this thread to answer his critics.

That simple freedom to speak freely and not return is representative of significantly more rights than the alleged 'terrorists' contained at this facility.

We live in a weird world, what can I say?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

Which proves my point in my above post that the OP deliberately ignores views which are contrary to her own.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join