It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GITMO Spoils Inmates While Many Americans Go Hungry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
GITMO spoils the Inmates while many Americans go hungry.

NY Post - 'Waist' of money at GITMO - detainees get 'infidel' gym replaced

But just a few years ago, detainees got so plump from overeating hummus and other dishes from the camp’s Islamically correct menu that commanders specially ordered treadmills to help them lose weight.

Then they ordered them again — because they weren’t made by Muslims.

“Even the hunger strikers were gaining weight because of all the food, so we go out and buy all this exercise equipment and throw it in the rec yard,” a Gitmo official said of a 2007 requisition. “Within the first week, there were guys saying, ‘Hey, this stuff is made in the US — made by infidels — and we’re not going to use it.’

“So what did we do?” added the official, who requested anonymity. “We took all of that s--t out, gave it to the soldiers to use, and bought them equipment that was made in a Muslim part of the world.”

The Pentagon declined to comment.

- All meals are Halal. 4 choices for Halal meals.
- the terrorists get a new $750,000 soccer field.
- the terrorists get Islamic prayer beads, rugs, and a Qu'ran with it's own little hammock for each one.
- the terrorists get 'Muslim library with 10,000 Islamic books and videos stocked by a Muslim librarian,
- the terrorists get Arabic TV.
- the terrorists get Muslim clerics preaching in Arabic.
- the terrorists get high end medical care.
- the terrorists get housing which is usually better than the housing they have back home.

And get this ... the terrorist detainees managed to get GITMO not to fly the American flag in sight of them. It's an American military base and yet the flag can't be flown where these terrorists will see it because it might upset them.

The USA should either run GITMO like a prison full of terrorists should be run. Or they should CLOSE IT and put the GITMO prisoners in civilian prisons instead of in the country club where they are now. The inmates have better food and better medical care and better everything in GITMO than they ever had back in their homelands. It's a better standard of living than many many Americans have. And it's all at tax payer expense.

And for crying out loud ... the terrorists aren't going to detach from their extremist muslim beliefs if they are continually provided access to it. Common sense .. cut them off from it so they can detox from that deadly terrorist cult they are in.

"Just let them go" some will say. No. These are terrorists who have tried to kill innocent people and who plan terrorist attacks. Those we have let go just end up back on the battlefields with their bombs and weapons. The battle cry of the far left is that these are inmates are innocent people. But they aren't. They are terrorists. Those we've let go have just ended up back at terrorist camps and engaging in terrorist activities.

'They are imprisoned and miss their families and homeland' some say. So what? That's what happens when you engage in terrorist activities. If you can't do the time, then don't do the crime.

'Just get out of Afghanistan" ... Sure. I"m all for it. But that doesn't do anything about the terrorists that have been caught and are in GITMO.

"put them on trial in civilian court" .. sure.. lets spend more money. Usually in war time prisoners of war aren't put on trial. (although Eric Holders firm is just itching to get the $$ making business and so is pushing for this) But then what happens when they are found guilty of terrorist activities? Put them in civilian prisons or keep the GITMO country club open? And would the prisons bend over backwards for these terrorists like the GITMO prison has? That's just shifting the cost from the feds to the states.

It's just not right that the terrorist inmates have a much better life than many Americans and that American tax payers are picking it up. And NO PRISONER ... be it at GITMO or in the American prison system .. should have a better life than the average American who is behaving him/her self and not in jail. IMHO

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Man you know it's bad when terrorist's in gitmo are living better than you.

15 snackbar reps.
Followed by 40 aleiykum-ups.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

These Gitmo terrorists are living a relatively stress free life, and by all measures that are being adopted to rehabilitate will ensure they are fully rested and able to resume with terrorist activities once released.

The Gitmo prisoner rehab program is going to take a while and cost millions. Sending them to a commercial prison sounds like a cheaper solution, although Im unsure if it will yield any positive outcomes for their moderating their radical views towards the west.

At the least the TV entertainment could give options for watching western sitcoms/ movies alongside the eastern Muslim religious channels. I think eventually over time some prisoners would switch over to western entertainment in an attempt to try and escape the trapped feelings of boredom.
edit on 30-6-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Most of the detainees are held without charge or any really good reason, so I think it's fair that they get real treatment. Most of them are probably just as criminal as you and I. If the prisoners were infact held on obvious charges, I wouldn't like them to get that kind of service.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phlake
Most of the detainees are held without charge or any really good reason, ....

I'm not sure that people who are prisoners of war need to be charged.

As for 'really good reason' ... they are foreigners caught engaging in terrorist activities.
That's a pretty good reason to hold them as prisoners of war. IMHO.
I know others disagree. I respect their right to disagree.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Sending them to a commercial prison sounds like a cheaper solution, although Im unsure if it will yield any positive outcomes for their moderating their radical views towards the west.

That's just it. The GITMO country club isn't rehabilitating anyone. These people are getting better food, housing, clothing, medical care, gym equipment, exercise programs, etc etc than many Americans are. These prisoners are still deeply entrenched in the extremist cult materials while in the prison. Nothing has been done to break the link to the extremist cult. They aren't detoxing from it. But instead, they are being fattened up and made physically healthy all the while they are still getting the rhetoric from the extremist cult that caused them to go out and try to kill people. There is no rehabilitation going on. Just a strengthening them for more jihad when they get released.

And it's all at tax payer expense ... and it's all while Americans are sending their kids to school hungry ... etc

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

These prisoners are still deeply entrenched in the extremist cult materials while in the prison

I wonder how the Gitmo inmate would react if they were told that access to the Islamic materials was only allowed on weekends after completing a week of hard labour. Make it a privilege earned by hard work to allow them access to their material.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Flyersfan you are just ignorant.

Spend a week or two in Guantanamo then tell me how pleasant it is.

The complete tosh you come out with at times is staggering.

In my personal opinion you are unquestionably a bigot. You deliberately go out of your way to post negative threads about Muslims. It seems to me you hate Muslims.

These prisoners are still deeply entrenched in the extremist cult materials while in the prison. Nothing has been done to break the link to the extremist cult

This is based on what? Have you visited there recently?

caught engaging in terrorist activities.

You know that for a fact?

The camp at Guantanamo Bay should be closed and Guantanamo returned to Cuba.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

"Just let them go" some will say. No. These are terrorists who have tried to kill innocent people and who plan terrorist attacks. Those we have let go just end up back on the battlefields with their bombs and weapons. The battle cry of the far left is that these are inmates are innocent people. But they aren't. They are terrorists. Those we've let go have just ended up back at terrorist camps and engaging in terrorist activities.

And you have proof of these people being terrorist right? If you want to put them on trial then do it whats the matter afraid you don't have proof to back up the accusations? Over half of the people there have already been cleared for release because they were wrongly accused. GITMO is an insult as to how the American justice system works to think you can just grab someone and throw them into prison without being charged is moronic.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Over half of the people there have already been cleared for release because they were wrongly accused.

Weekly Standard - State Dept says GITMO Recidivism Rate Doubled

Many are committed to JIHAD and return to the battlefield and to terrorist activities when released.

edit on 6/30/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

That's just it. The GITMO country club isn't rehabilitating anyone.

Country club? Yeah these guys look like they are having a great time.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Are you serious?

You seem less educated about GITMO, as an American, than millions of people around the world. These are not all terrorists, they were people picked up and accused, then locked up indefinitely without trial and without recourse. There is no justice there.

These people were kidnapped and locked up at the behest of some unknown and unaccountable authority.

And as for the delusional assertion that people should be angry that they are being treated like this while Americans go hungry, the mathematics of this are so ridiculous you should be embarrassed.

It would cost billions to fix the economic divide in the US, and you're worried about this drop in the ocean, paying for people who were kidnapped and then held without due process?

I like you, I've seen some interesting posts from you in the past. But this thread undoes some of that in my opinion. You're comparing a massive economic problem in the US to paying for the upkeep of a detention facility filled with people who probably shouldn't even be there. One is a massive bill, the other is a drop in the ocean by comparison.

If you really want to scream about economic injustice then focus on something that actually mathematically equates to the problem. How about military spending? How about the waste of contractors? How about that new facility in Utah? How about the hundreds of thousands of people locked up for minor crimes in an effort to bloat the prison system across the US and create a slave labor force?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Over half of the people there have already been cleared for release because they were wrongly accused.

Weekly Standard - State Dept says GITMO Recidivism Rate Doubled

Many are committed to JIHAD and return to the battlefield and to terrorist activities when released.

edit on 6/30/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

After you had been wrongly held for years wouldn't you want some kind of payback? If they were guilty then why were they released because we had no proof when we locked them up. They weren't terrorist when we put them in there so you could say we made them into terrorist.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
REMINDER of the TOPIC - GITMO spoils the Inmates while many Americans go hungry.

We are spending a fortune to bend over backwards for these terrorist prisoners of war. They have a better life than many Americans. Better food. Better medical care. Better housing. And yet many Americans send their kids to school hungry. Many Americans live in rat infested inner city housing. Many Americans are homeless. Many American children are stuck attending schools that are dangerous beyond belief. Many Americans suffer from lack of medical care. But the terrorist prisoners at GITMO get it all, and even thumb their plumped up noses at the high end gym equipment because it was 'made by infidels'.

America can't afford this. Either run GITMO like a prison should be, or shut it down and ship the prisoners out to civilian prisons. But to continue this extravagance is not fair to American tax payers.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

That's just it. The GITMO country club isn't rehabilitating anyone.

Country club? Yeah these guys look like they are having a great time.

The bottom photo is not Gitmo. The uniforms on the Soldiers tell me that.

I would say that Gitmo is a failure though, on so many levels. Last I read, 25% of those released return to their terroristic ways. I have not seen what happens to the other 75% though.

I say try them and either let them go or send them to Leavenworth. If they are released and later found on the battlefield again...shoot 'em.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Inflammatory. That's not how life is there. That's transferring prisoners.
And it's not even photos of gitmo. I can find more than a few of them playing soccer
and eating rather well. But that's not the point ....

SPENDING MONEY on this when so many Americans are hurting ... that's the point.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
Are you serious?

Yep. It's a waste of money. If you think it's worth the money to keep it going and have all these things going on ... that's your right. I see GITMO as a total waste of money.

And as for the delusional assertion that people should be angry that they are being treated like this while Americans go hungry, the mathematics of this are so ridiculous you should be embarrassed.

:shk: Personal insults .... how silly. It isn't delusional that Americans should be angry about this. It's more waste of our money. There is no reason to be running a prison like this. Either run it correctly .. or close it.

It would cost billions to fix the economic divide in the US, and you're worried about this drop in the ocean, paying for people who were kidnapped and then held without due process?

1 - EVERY penny counts. Just because the cost here isnt' as high as other costs, doesn't mean a blind eye should be turned to the waste that is GITMO.
2 - They weren't kidnapped. Its' a war.

If you really want to scream about economic injustice then focus on something that actually mathematically equates to the problem. How about military spending? How about the waste of contractors? How about that new facility in Utah?

All waste and worthy of complaint AS WELL AS the waste at GITMO. As I said .. just because those cost more doesn't mean that GITMO isn't worthy of complaining about.

Make GITMO work correctly ... or close it.
As it is .. it's a waste of money. That money can be used elsewhere.
edit on 6/30/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I don't care about your off topic erroneous personal view of me. If you think that GITMO is worth the money ... that's your choice. Learn to tolerate other peoples' opinons. Considering how many Americans are in pain and suffering, I don't see that Americans should be spending money on GITMO. Either run it correctly ... or close it.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The bottom photo is not Gitmo. The uniforms on the Soldiers tell me that.

Where's the proof?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
They are being tortured and probably killed in modern day concentration camps!

Your ignorant statement is in the same line as Fukushima being revenge for Pearl Harbour.

edit on 30/6/13 by sevensheeps because: Update

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join