It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration charges NSA whistleblower Snowden with espionage

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
Bring in the firing squad. This guy is a traitor.

Bs he exposed illegal operations.

He is a hero for refusing to sit by and be complicite in illegal acts!

If he came to my house he would find sanctury.

If I had the address of his paypal account, I'd send him some cash.

The term "hero" does not mean a lot today when every killer and his brother gets the label. But this man is the real deal. He deserves every form of support we can offer.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I am a mixed bag about this guy. Hero or traitor are just misnomers and get thrown around like candy. I do find it peculiar that of all places to exile himself? He chooses Hong Kong which is on China's doorstep. I realize Hong Kong is a semi automous region, but they still have to answer to China proper. Furthermore, he releases more classified material and it is about the US hacking the Chinese?

EXCLUSIVE: US spies on Chinese mobile phone companies, steals SMS data: Edward Snowden

The US government is hacking Chinese mobile phone companies to steal millions of text messages, Edward Snowden has told the South China Morning Post. And the former National Security Agency contractor claims he has the evidence to prove it.

Oh, so now he is surrendering information to the benefit of China? I thought his little escapade was merely an attempt to right wrongs regarding US intelligence agenices evasedropping on Americans? Anybody who has been around here for a little while would know that China has been alleged to have breached US military networks and US corporations to gather classified data in the realm of defense, trade secrets, and commerce. Now, this guy is just giving them stuff? Aiding and abetting a potential foe?

He is lucky to have got just the espionage charge, and not treason. The guy is digging his hole deeper, and is straddling treason with his antics. Treason carries a death sentence. Therefore, I am going to reserve my judgement on this man. However, I am beginning to view him in a light of being a mole or a double agent. He seems to be far to friendly with the Chinese. As the old Naval saying goes, "Loose lips sink ships!" Lets remember that, and not jump on the bandwagon for any Tom, Dick, and Harry!
edit on 22-6-2013 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Did he break the law? Yes.
Did he flee the country? Yes.
Is he a hero? Not in my book, all my heros actually put their lives on the line to physically save other peoples lives.

So yeah he's going to have to face a court of law.

M.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i believe this is all a set-up. Snowden is stooge/role-filler and we the people
are the marks, as usual.
the U.S. has fulfilled it's role as Vatican (Roman Empire) bulldog for over
a century now.
with their job nearly done, is the bulldog being prepared to be 'put down'?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Up the bowman, Down with the money banks! King Bard King Bard!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

This is such BS. I have a question wouldn't this like me driving down a road at 100mph and the speed limit is only 55 get pulled over then arrest the officer for noise pollution for pulling me over? i had good reason for speeding i was taking a shortcut to work. My god we need to take this place back

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
Did he break the law? Yes.
Did he flee the country? Yes.
Is he a hero? Not in my book, all my heros actually put their lives on the line to physically save other peoples lives.

So yeah he's going to have to face a court of law.

M.

When did he break the law ?
Just because someone exposes the crimes of this government against the American people, they are deemed to have broken a law ?
Sorry but not in the eyes of the rest of the world.

When are the American people going to hold this government to account for the constant crimes against their people ?......instead of those who stand up against them.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

Our fellow Americans are still drunk with privilege. When the financial situation here at home deteriorates to the point of no return, only then will they awaken.

Nothing will change in this country until everyone suffers.

And by that time it will be way too late/ It's coming, faster than a speeding bullet.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I read this on skynews and think this whole thing is the most Hypocritical thing going on right now.

The Government are spying on all of us, yet it is allowed and when someone blows the whistle, they get done for 'Espionage'.

Unbelievable.

This is the precise definition of an elitist run police state. A state that claims to be fighting terrorism but is instead gathering all kinds of information to use as extortion when necessary. nwo: "What did you say mr president? Do you want me to release all your misdeeds to the media and have you locked up?" obama: "nevermind"

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
So...he exposes the NSA for spying on all of us...

Now he faces charges for spying.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Don't forget all the big talk in 2008. articles.washingtonpost.com...

"We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance. Barack Obama will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government. Obama will ensure that federal agencies expedite the process for reviewing whistleblower claims and whistleblowers have full access to courts and due process."

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

First of all get your facts straight, the original Patriot Act that was signed into law by George Bush had nothing to do with targeting your everyday person. Only those suspected of or connected to some type of terrorism....
The law has since been amended many times which violates our Constitutional freedoms and rights.

To state that a contract was broken and that amounts to treason is ridiculous! Please let me clarify..Snowden signed a contract that represented the the Federal Government...thinking they were a law abiding Institution and one he could trust. While under contract he discovers the U.S. government is violating our Constitution and individual rights to such a magnitude that morally he cannot live with it.so he does what not too many people would have the balls to do; he rats them out...and knows his life will be at stake! He is a hero!

So lets say you go to work for an impeccable company.. The salary is great, the job is prestigious and it is a chance to offer your family real financial security. While on the job you discover that there are plans to destroy
the individual freedoms of every individual in your country. Do you A: Rise up to the occasion; risking everything you have including your life and the lives of your family?...or B: Turn your head tuck your tail and help them commit these acts?

It's hypothetical Bubba, no need to answer we know you would take the cowards way out......

In my opinion it would have been criminal for Snowden to "look the other way"....He made the hardest decision of his life, when he decided to put you, Bubba, before himself!

Think about it!

Pax

edit on 6/22/2013 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/22/2013 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
Bring in the firing squad. This guy is a traitor.

I see what you did there

Snowden gave up his way of life and his stature, he passed up a lot of money & a promising career then let these criminals/traitors paint a target on his head so that we could know the truth. So that maybe we can stick a dagger in this insanely corrupt Government so we might have a chance for a better future. Or as Mr Spock would say "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" it is only logical. A true hero and patriot will do just that.

Gods speed Mr Snowden ... Gods Speed
edit on 22-6-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I hope this guy stays alive. We need more people like him in the world.
Time for people to wake up.
edit on 22-6-2013 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Whistle blowing on a crime is not a crime. It's being an informant on a crime that is being committed. The IRS, NSA, DOJ, The DHS are all government agencies gone rouge against the very people they are designed to serve [ULTRA VIRES ] activities beyond and in excess of powers:authorized by law for an entity that serves the people has to be exposed and we as a nation of law abiding citizens cannot allow a branch of our government to punish a law abiding citizen for whistle blowing on crimes they have committed.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Remember, snitches get stitches or in this case a lengthy life imprisonment. The current administration loves to punish those it chooses. Assassinations, character smearing and false promises seems to be their only contribution to our country.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

All I know is that Snowden has a pair of stones on him for coming out about this, prolly knowing that this was to come from it.

I'll post more details when they are released.

What do you think ATS?

I think all spies have big stones. It takes stones to violate your oath and throw your country under the bus.

I wouldn’t have a problem with Snowden had he not fled to CHINA and divulged GOD KNOWS WHAT to the Chinese. If he simply exposed the domestic aspect of the NSA I might think differently because in that case he would be honoring his constitutional oath. It becomes rather suspect when you flee to a communist country afterwards (a country that has its own spy network infiltrating US) and act as if you did something patriotic.

Sorry, this doesn’t pass my ‘patriot smell test’!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

And you are lost without a clue. That or your part of the problem and are on here as a disinfo agent.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I can respect and honor an oath but when is it going too far. So if he found out that the government is planning a mass atack on children with a bio weapon would violation of an oath be justified then? Yeah I thought so.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Some folks are calling Snowden a traitor others are calling him a hero. Truth be told some are overlooking it, but big brother is not. Like it or not at some point treason by definition was going to have to happen to start the process of first exposing the government for what it was doing. It will need to keep happening in order for the process to continue.

So what Do i mean when i say some folks are missing "IT"? However big-brother is not? What has happened over the past year or so is the first shots (be it information) being fired in a fight to keep our freedom.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join