It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration charges NSA whistleblower Snowden with espionage

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

the government waited as long as it could. the news has been moving away from the NSA illegal operations, and instead has been focusing on the IRS and market issues. people began to forget about snowden, and now that most have, he is being charged.

when this eventually shows up on the news, it will come with "assurances" that snowden was selling secrets, and examples of his "unpatriotic" actions so the masses will treat him like bradley manning.

i hope he gets away.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

yep you cant trust this administration anymore than you could trust the previous one. anyone that is not learning is because they are obtuse or have something to gain.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
Bring in the firing squad. This guy is a traitor.

Is there anyway to ban thecrimsonghost from ats?

Aren't 99.999% of us in agreement that snowden is a hero?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

i find it so strange that today's modern "patriot" supports gross rights violations. they will claim the first amendment, then use it to trash due process and uphold a corrupt government cuz 'MERICA!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by TheMagus

If Rand Paul or others with similar integrity to his father exist, there are ways they could get Snowden back safely, if they choose to. I don't think they will, but it's interesting to consider and perhaps remember because they could.

They actually had existing investigations, ongoing. He's very relevant to those in an official way. Legally, it would all fit as far as I know. It would just take some in Congress (and not even that many) with guts to use the power they really do have to effectively move an individual in this case. Once he talked and truly said all in an open forum and on the record, there wouldn't be half the personal reasons to go after him, by far, and no remaining legal ones at all. They've done it before when investigations mean enough.

again, my friend, what's to prevent some "lone wolf" allegedly Crazy Person, as we'll be told by the media , from assassinating Snowden?

government response :

...Once he talked and truly said all in an open forum and on the record, there wouldn't be half the personal reasons to go after him, by far, and no remaining legal ones at all. They've done it before when investigations mean enough.

ORLY?
alas Br'er Wrabbit you seem to retain some misplaced faith in the law, or it's being respected by "people" who follow the iron rule of oligarchy
do you truly believe that "fixers" have not been sent to Plug the Leak?

or that having had their machinations exposed, with the resultant damage to their reputations, indeed, perhaps a visit to a federal pen, perhaps in some cases, charges that could lead to a death penalty, those who stand the most to lose due snowdens whistleblowing [past & future ] will "take it on the chin", say "fair cop" and resign themselves?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If he has committed espionage then the same to his superiors. The way I see it he should be acquitted for his patriotism of selfless act to bring out the truth for all people. Without truth there is no justice and without justice there is no America. Those in government that was his superiors that break the constitutional laws should be the ones behind bars.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
this administration is a joke.
they were the ones breaking the law, how come we can't try them?
what's the lesson here? report corruption=go to jail

Where is the outrage by the public over the dictatorship this country is turning into?

I say we are there NOW in a 1984 Big Brother situation. The WORST is here NOW

Many whistle blowers coming forward over the last 2 years
rampant spying by our Gov on American citizens.
Drones used on American Citizens,
Food that is so denatured and poisoned that it's killing us,
Almost half the American people are on food stamps ( and they just cut 2 billion for that leaving more hungry),
A president that seeks to throw away the US Constitution,
A congress that doesn't listen to We the People but rather to the lobbyists of the big corporations making laws to protect them and their agenda
Voting machine fraud is out of control
Sending troops to wars where there was not any war just to secure someones agenda
The people who want to do right to make a difference in this cesspool are branded as Traitors.
( I could go on..)

Go ahead my fellow Americans. I dare you to tell me this government is not corrupt and getting worse by the day.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
He did what he thought was survival to him, in spite of the espionage accusation risks which were there automatically by breaking his contracts of secrecy. But he went big with the breach instead of sneaking it out to another country and making a buck from it, or just telling some friends and getting cornered for it, because he cared about other people and their lives. If he didn't care he wouldn't have said anything, but run off to let the rest of the country figure it out for themselves...which is what most participants of unethical programs are doing these days, because look, he had coworkers, and what are they doing but going on acting like it didn't happen? That's not right.

If someone runs out and says the accounting is wrong with the company, the company gets stopped, the papers get seized, the details get inspected and called proof of his claim. Or at least, that is the way that makes sense but who is going to look now, the UN?

The cyberwarfare agenda must have been too much that he figured he had better speak up before nobody had rights anymore. He took the risk, he stood for his beliefs. And yeah the system is going to robotically chase him now using all the legalese and politico-speak they can manage. So now what, is he innocent before proven guilty? Or does he also know of some secret courts where they judge in absentia?

So then what, the truth gets swept under the rug until more agents run around risking their lives telling the public the truth? The fruit of that system is people who run away from their country and it's likely to get to every person it employs as long as they know what's not right. These aren't little things, but broad constitutional rights, generic things that come equal to everybody under US. Not the piddly rules about what color paint on the road or no smokes until you're 18, or no big gulps; these are the big ones that make the US the best in the world.

The quality workers are protesting. Figure that out. By the way, he could get a death penalty. He could get millions of dollars in fines and years in prison. Even in the face of that he thinks it's worth speaking up about it. And there are generals trampling all over the rights of ...everybody... from the sound of things. So is Snowden the only one to be considered for treason and being a traitor after news like that?

This is just more NorthCom new plans waiting to happen. They put in a new program a few months ago, and here is the transition into different power, military cyber police state.

Keep the dictionary free. Speak up for US.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
Bring in the firing squad. This guy is a traitor.

I'd say you are the traitor for supporting the corrupt acts of this government.

Unless.....you were just being sarcastic....

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The Government cannot classify in order to cover up their illegal treason against the American people. So Snowden cannot be charged with a crime.

All government officials taking action against Snowden are obviously traitors.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
He did the right thing to expose the real threat to us and our freedoms.

All this spying on us is stupid really because all it will do is make the terrorists use other forms of communications.
Im sure they will start to use snail mail or other forms of communications that dont use any form of technology.

They will use the old spying techniques and other trade crafts that were used 50+ years ago.

So in the end they will just be spying on ordinary folks. The truth is they are using terrorists as an excuse for a far more darker agenda.

Spying on the majority to catch a very small minority is a joke tbh. its all lies to gain more control of normal decent citizens.

If they can spy on us that easy then they can spy on their own. Imagine how much blackmail could be going on behind the scenes. Blackmail of government members and the sorts...

Governments and alphabet angencies are the real traitors here.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Just to put this into some context:

June 21 Obama administration charges NSA whistleblower Snowden with espionage

June 18 Michael Hastings (supposedly!) died in car 'accident'

June 18 Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Robinson, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

June 17 Snowden: 'Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped.'

June 10 Snowden is identified as the NSA-whistleblower behind Glenn Greenwald's story in the Guardian

June 7 Hastings LAST article: Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans Guys, this one is a must read!!!

June 6 Glenn Greenwald breaks the NSA story in an exclusive on the Guardian

Seriously!? Connect the dots! Michael Hastings had an 'accident' because he already had some (yet unpublished) information that together with some of Snowdens infos would have added up to something much more threatening for the three letter agencies and/or the administration...

or

Hastings fate was intended to discourage Snowden and investigative journalists like Glenn Greenwald from publishing further (and probably even more damaging) material on the NSA.

That at least is my take on this! And if you haven't yet please do read Hastings LAST article: Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans It will blow your mind!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Edward Snowden is like a slave exposing slavery. Of course his masters want to keep him and all their other slaves under control. If one gets unruly the best thing to do is to put him down.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I doubt the Chinese will consider the execution in their decision. . . . Not exactly know to be a humanitarian bastion...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Edward Snowden is like a slave exposing slavery. Of course his masters want to keep him and all their other slaves under control. If one gets unruly the best thing to do is to put him down.

I do so agree
MsAphrodite
He is my Mighty Quinn
See, I was list'ning in

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
reply to post by crazyewok

Tis a sad day when I am afraid to comment.........

I agree, but fear is exactly what has kept them in the game and in control for so long in my opinion. There are good people in the government still, I believe; corporations and media etc also. I think the public need to encourage them to speak up and take action.

I think now more than ever, people should let their voices be heard and speak up.

We the *people* have the power, if we so choose. I can't claim to know where all this is heading for certain, but from my own perspective it has challenged me to ask some tough questions to myself. I Think of it this way, without fear how could anyone find courage? People should be free to express themselves in any country that has fought and given many lives in order to defend this right. They will never get my soul (or however you wish to term it, consent, etc.) this much I do know.

"History is a nightmare from which I'm trying to awake", This little show has been on re-runs every season for awhile now, maybe people are due to wake up from the dream (or nightmare) soon. Not like it's anything new, just seems more visible lately. The internet has been such a major impetus in all these expose's in my opinion. Social media has done wonders, it isn't just TPTB that can watch us... we are starting to see them now too.

Perhaps "they" are afraid as well. Dominoes seem to be starting to fall at an increasing rate.

Peace. ~

edit on 22-6-2013 by Runciter33 because: changed it up! what!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
FYI, espionage doesn't include the death penalty, your thinking of treason, they are two different charges. Their ability to prove he is guilty of espionage would rest on the prosecution being able to show that he caused harm to the government while simultaneously helping it's enemies.

Unless the American people are the governments enemies, I am unsure at this time how they would plan to do that

Trust me. The traitorous pieces of garbage in congress and the president look at us as enemies of their masters. This is why we are all being monitored.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
this administration is a joke.
they were the ones breaking the law, how come we can't try them?
what's the lesson here? report corruption=go to jail

Where is the outrage by the public over the dictatorship this country is turning into?

I say we are there NOW in a 1984 Big Brother situation. The WORST is here NOW

Many whistle blowers coming forward over the last 2 years
rampant spying by our Gov on American citizens.
Drones used on American Citizens,
Food that is so denatured and poisoned that it's killing us,
Almost half the American people are on food stamps ( and they just cut 2 billion for that leaving more hungry),
A president that seeks to throw away the US Constitution,
A congress that doesn't listen to We the People but rather to the lobbyists of the big corporations making laws to protect them and their agenda
Voting machine fraud is out of control
Sending troops to wars where there was not any war just to secure someones agenda
The people who want to do right to make a difference in this cesspool are branded as Traitors.
( I could go on..)

Go ahead my fellow Americans. I dare you to tell me this government is not corrupt and getting worse by the day.

Our fellow Americans are still drunk with privilege. When the financial situation here at home deteriorates to the point of no return, only then will they awaken.

Nothing will change in this country until everyone suffers.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I read this on skynews and think this whole thing is the most Hypocritical thing going on right now.

The Government are spying on all of us, yet it is allowed and when someone blows the whistle, they get done for 'Espionage'.

Unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
While I am not belittling anyones service here, it is suspect to me that the primary support for his guilt comes from that direction. Perhaps their viewpoint has been tainted by the military brainwashing apparatus (bootcamp and stiffly regimented life).

Either that, or we're more familiar with laws and regulations he violated, and we're actually paying attention to what he's releasing and we don't buy his "whistleblower" cover story. When you travel to a foreign country and leak US intelligence operations against that country, and when you leak a liaison service's operations against third parties they targeted in their own country, you are guilty of espionage. It does not matter how popular you are with civil libertarians on the internet. Perhaps their viewpoint has been tainted by the media brainwashing apparatus (internet echo chamber and mass media perception management, mostly through the Guardian).

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join