It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration charges NSA whistleblower Snowden with espionage

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archie

Originally posted by Apollumi

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
Bring in the firing squad. This guy is a traitor.

the real traitors are the ones listening to our phone calls, reading our emails, and so on

The REAL traitors are the people that think this is all a spectator sport and hope somebody else will save their country.

freaking A-MEN!

If that is how you honestly feel, why aren't you working on stuff in Oz and ignoring American politics, we have enough partisan issues here, without foreigners being involved, I am sure there are enough scandals in your own country to worry about.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
We knew this would happen, what choice do they have? In their mind he has to be made an example out of.

I don't think he is a traitor to his country he did what he thought was right knowing the consequences would be stacked against him. The thing is we all knew this already and unfortunately we swept that info under the rug when we found out because we are more concerned with the Kardashians then we are with the devious acts commited against us by our own government.

Still I wouldn't hire him, he proved himself untrustworthy. He had a cush job well paid, pretty girlfriend living in Hawaii and he signed a paper rendering himself theirs which means exactly that. He made his bed and now he must lie in it.

Honestly I do feel for him but why he did it I don't understand. Most of us are too wrapped up in our little lives to care very much for very long, it was sadly a waste.

edit on 21-6-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by TheMagus

If Rand Paul or others with similar integrity to his father exist, there are ways they could get Snowden back safely, if they choose to. I don't think they will, but it's interesting to consider and perhaps remember because they could.

They actually had existing investigations, ongoing. He's very relevant to those in an official way. Legally, it would all fit as far as I know. It would just take some in Congress (and not even that many) with guts to use the power they really do have to effectively move an individual in this case. Once he talked and truly said all in an open forum and on the record, there wouldn't be half the personal reasons to go after him, by far, and no remaining legal ones at all. They've done it before when investigations mean enough.

I actually find it interesting that you think Rand Paul has any integrity, he didn't even support his own father.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
HE TOOK THEM TO THE FOREIGN MEDIA, HE IS A TRAITOR.

Whatever you are trying to accomplish with all caps while repeating the same thing.....i am fairly certain it isn't going to be achieved that way. I think everyone understands that is your position. You just aren't very convincing. Even with caps lock.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

How would you even begin to untangle the web? Better to just rip it down and cast it aside.

When do we Start?

Seriously.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

If Rand Paul or others with similar integrity to his father exist, there are ways they could get Snowden back safely, if they choose to. I don't think they will, but it's interesting to consider and perhaps remember because they could.

They actually had existing investigations, ongoing. He's very relevant to those in an official way. Legally, it would all fit as far as I know. It would just take some in Congress (and not even that many) with guts to use the power they really do have to effectively move an individual in this case. Once he talked and truly said all in an open forum and on the record, there wouldn't be half the personal reasons to go after him, by far, and no remaining legal ones at all. They've done it before when investigations mean enough.

I actually find it interesting that you think Rand Paul has any integrity, he didn't even support his own father.

My father was an alcoholic that was killed while drunk driving at 3pm in El Paso one day about 20 years ago. I never supported him. I have bad integrity.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

When we have enough to make a team. "Their" team is pretty big.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by smithjustinb

He hasn't been convicted because he IS the power at be... But you raise a couple good points so you earned a star from me.

-SAP-

There are checks and balances.

link   

Whatever you are trying to accomplish with all caps while repeating the same thing.....i am fairly certain it isn't going to be achieved that way. I think everyone understands that is your position. You just aren't very convincing. Even with caps lock.

I knew you wouldn't be fooled, but some cave when "YELLED AT". Do I think the Asshat (Snowden) needs a bullet put through his head, yes I do. No one has really defended him, other than partisan political BS.

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

We should ask Bender how to do it... Or maybe that's a bad idea.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
He might be a hero but he is also a criminal that has broken clearly established laws that anyone that has ever had a clearance has dealt with .

If I would have caused the unauthorized release of classified information during my time I would have been arrested and rightly so.

Regardless of if he did it for heroic reasons or otherwise those facts don't change.

If information is wrongfully/illegaly classified and someone whistleblows the corruption then I am not sure if that in itself is illegal, and if it is more or less illegal than what some government employs are doing on behalf of the government.

In other words the government is fighting itself. The heros are fighting the scum for a greater good. You are giving the scum a free pass and want the heros prosecuted. I think you got your priorities backwards to say the least and I can't say more because of this site's strict T&C!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It seems like more checks and less balances. Look at the debt...

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I am sure there are enough scandals in your own country to worry about.

Hey, Bubba, this one's for you - Australian made dissidence all the way from Melbourne...

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

My father was an alcoholic that was killed while drunk driving at 3pm in El Paso one day about 20 years ago. I never supported him. I have bad integrity.

Understand you are making a point, and condolences to you, not apples and apples. I am not a staunch Ron Paul supporter, but have respected him, and he has made some interesting points over the years. That being said, Rand Paul is an idiot, without half of the class of his father.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Seem like everyday I find more and more people that feel the same.

Makes me sad and hopeful all at the same time......

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

I worded that carefully and intentionally. I'm not entirely sure about Rand Paul and this would be a perfect time to show he shares the values of his Father in any meaningful way for ending the direction our Government has taken off in. I do very much feel his father had integrity though and it's why Ron Paul spent at least part of his career pretty much fighting both parties to different degrees. Heck, the GOP actually ran someone against him for primary on his own Congressional seat on a race prior to his run for President. Like Father like son? That is a good question.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

My defense of Snowden is that he was disobeying an unlawful order. And exposed it to the sources he felt safest with. That his position makes him privy to information that we don't have, and this information informed him to a point that he went to non-US media. To me, it is for obvious reasons as they are just (un)official government propaganda outlets at the highest levels, and his story likely wouldn't have gained traction.

Look how long it took for Fast and Furious to get any traction. And it has still just kind of stalled. Journalistic apathy, that's what it is.

RE: my father....he was a POS. My stepdad was my dad. No need for condolences, I have lived my life intent on being anything but him.

RE: Rand Paul, agreed. He is a mere shadow of his father.
edit on 21-6-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I knew you wouldn't be fooled, but some cave when "YELLED AT". Do I think the Asshat (Snowden) needs a bullet put through his head, yes I do. No one has really defended him, other than partisan political BS.

I defend him from a moral perspective but I am not his lawyer. I am very shocked that you see so much "wrong" in whistleblowing corruption and have to hang your whole arguement on legal technicalities that hold superficial merit.

I hope china or russia gives him political asylum because he deserves it wholly. Just like I hope america gives chineese whistleblowers asylum if they rat chineese corruption to the western media.

I think most people defend snowden because they are intelligent enough to comprehend what is happening.
edit on 21/6/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I think hes chances of being found a patriot depend on the level of support he gets from the US citizens. If people don't rally support for him then its not looking good for him if they deport him to back to US mainland.

This could in fact be the catalyst that defines whether or not to call the
beginning of next month Codependence Day. I for one would be surprised
if the water coolers are making more headway than the InterWeb.. but I'm
noticing people talking about this that weren't involved before.

Whether a plant or otherwise-- if TPTB wanted to Milosevik this guy before
he got anything out there, the immunity carrot before Congress wouldn't
cut any ice with me unless his testimony was all televised. I can dream,
but this is potentially a whole lot more important than Watergate.
Old enough to remember, young enough to respond...

Besides, if he's anything like what is said he's carryiing around, he's the
greatest threat to the 'public sector' since Louis McFadden.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

It seems like more checks and less balances. Look at the debt...

-SAP-

Yeah, especially a million plus check for a safari vacation.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join