It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Grimpachi

Latching onto this "cracker" angle is looking really desperate. Did he actually say it to George, or even within earshot of a white person? No, he didn't, is the answer you are looking for. He said it in private conversation to a friend in very out of the ordinary circumstances. What happened to that much vaunted freedom of speech you all talk so highly about? The Phelps family can picket funerals and chant the most hateful bile imaginable, and you are denying a dead kid the right to call a man who appeared to be white and who'd followed him in a vehicle for the last couple of minutes, a cracker?

Earlier in this mega thread, someone mentioned Jeffrey Dahmer and was roundly criticised for even suggesting George was like JD, as if that was the point. But, for black kids who've been fed on the urban myth of JD and his predeliction for young blacks, it's hardly surprising that they might associate any kind of stalking behaviour with "that crazy white pedo."

edit on 7/7/13 by masqua because: edited to replace comment accidentally removed

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The prosecution is Zimmerman's best defense.
This is all a bad joke, the prosecution knows he is innocent, in fact they seem to be helping him lol.
So far the evidence shows, that he will walk. And rightly so from what I have seen so far.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

How are you allowed to use the C word, but not the N word here?
Seems like a double standard to me, but then again a double standard is exactly what is going on here.

Would the MODs warn me or ban me if I typed the "N" word?
Lets see if they say anything to you.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I never suggested that being racist was a crime if it was I think there would be a lot more people in jail.

That doesn't diminish the fact that he was making racist comments yet this whole trial was promoted based of the assumption that it was George being the racist now that the facts have come out it seems they same ones who tried to make it an issue now want it to go away like it was never being made an issue to begin with.

That is one hell of a double standard being pushed.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

It's great to be a superhero. It's great to think you might do "insert whatever here" when you are talking. What people say they will do, and what they actually do, is usually two different things, and that is when they are trained. I have seen cops freeze up like little girls, I have seen volunteers step up and do what people are supposed to be payed to do.

You have your experiences, and I have mine. You don't have to accept it, but I've been in far more drastic spots than George claims he was in, and I'm still here, older and a little bit wiser. Do you have any particular argument for why your opinion is more valid than my own?

You seem to think it takes some sort of superhero ability to overcome someone physically without a boom boom stick, a pointy weapon, or a club, but really, it doesn't take much to beat an untrained thug, especially one who is used to hitting people who don't hit back.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

People don't care..... If people held me to the same standards, people would be pissed. How dare I talk about white people! It wasn't until white kids were being harassed too that my complaints got taken seriously. And yet, I don't blame white people, it was just how it was in my town. Us young kids took action, and got our whole police force abolished. It only happened because my town had not many minorities to smash on, so they smashed on the young. This was 12 years ago in NY, one of the most racially diverse places, as far as citizens go.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

He was talking to his friend. Did he say "hey you creepy a$$ cracker what are you doing stalking me like a freak"?? Well, your boy George didn't say that so it could NOT have happened, right..??

*asks self why are you talking to this guy*

Let's read one of your last posts and try to figure out your thinking:

When I was growing up in NC that term was thrown at whites with the intent to demoralize but it usually failed. Maybe it was thick skin but we knew the intent behind it only fools wouldn’t.

Proof of this was when Martins family and spokesman came out that day and declaired the trial wasn’t racial. Why out of all the days would they do that?? Probably because they knew their son was acting racist.

So you had thick skin and wouldn't be demoralized by that vicious racist word "cracker". And the proof of that lies in the Martin's family comments.

Do you get that you don't make sense when you talk?? I am not going to put you down because of your lack of a secondary education or critical thinking skills. I am just pointing out that you don't make sense most of the time when you are trying to make a point. Maybe you should try using Skype, or something. You know, so people can at least ask what the heck you are talking about when you are trying to string together thoughts.

Just a suggestion.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Most people who run their mouth about what they would do in any situation, have never been in that situation. Maybe you are an exception, but I kinda doubt it. Especially as most of the mouth runners are trained and can't react. Maybe you are one of the many, but I seriously doubt it.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Originally posted by GrantedBail

LOL. Yeah you keep listening to Rush and O'Reilly. Oh, and consult with your friends on freerepublic.

You obviously are incapable of thinking for yourself. That is ok. Now that I know, I am going to write it off to your Southern upbringing.

In your own words

All you have are insults. It is what people resort to when their arguments have been completely destroyed. It is obfuscation 101.

Now will you please leave me alone? I have told you numerous times I don't want to talk to you.

If you have anything pertinent to the case then say it but stop trolling. So far all you have done is appeal to emotion and made baseless claims or try to rehash things that have already been covered nothing worthy of debating from my end.

Any more and I will simply report your trolling and let the mods clean up the thread.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

So white people should be just OK with that, but people that talk the same crap about another race should probably be crucified though, right? My family should be just fine with people running their mouth, even though my family never owned any slaves? My family was a bunch of fishermen and lumberjacks back during the slave days, my white family was lumberjacks, and my native family was fisherman. I would never accept anyone treating me a certain way because of my race, wether it was my "acadian" race, or my white race.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You sure can dish it out...Can't you. I disagree with you. You insult me by responding to other's posts and making comments about me.

I am trying to stay on topic.

Topic is Zimmerman is a liar.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

My roots are from the South. My ancestors were vicious racists.

That has no bearing upon me, generations removed.

Saying a "creepy a$$ cracker" is following me does NOT denote racism.

We have a check point here in Southern California. It is referred to as the "bean screen". So if I am on my cell phone and my kid asks me where I am, and I reply, "I just passed the bean screen". Does that make me a racist??

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Topic is Zimmerman is a liar.

So are you and me plus everyone on this planet who has ever lived. Big deal but this is a court case and things must be proven.

So I will not rehash tired topics that have been properly countered in court. This is about proving murder 2 and maybe you think he is scum well I feel the same way about Martin in fact I think if he had stayed on the path he was living he would have wound up hurting a lot of people.

When I think about it in those terms it is quite possible it was god’s plan just as George said but who knows maybe the kid who was suspended from school for drug parfinailia where his mother sent him away and he was on drugs, caught with stolen property, burglary tools, liked to fight and was taped doing so. He liked to call himself a thug brag about fighting show off his gun and plant would one day grow up as a fine young man. Just maybe that would have happened but I wouldn’t have bet on it.

So yeah he is dead and everything points to George telling the truth about that night because there certainly hasn’t been anything introduced saying he didn’t and remember the prosecution has finished presenting their evidence. Hey maybe George did know that the castle doctrine had been referred to as SYG but has anyone proved that? If it was I missed it. That still does nothing for discrediting his story of the chain of events. And I am sorry if you feel his wounds were not serious enough for him to LEGALY defend himself but tough cookies that is the law. Maybe the next 17 year old punk will think twice before attacking someone they don’t know because of it. Maybe even saving many lives that were less thuggish. You being in Commiefornia I doubt you would understand our self defense laws.

edit on 7-7-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You can doubt it all you want, I have the scars to remind me and a far better memory of the events than George seems to have, so I don't need yours or anyone else's seal of approval.

Let me ask you a simple question. If you wanted to get verification on whether a described fight scenario was feasible, say for a movie, or a crime re-enaction, who would you ask for advice, the guy/gal who has no interest in what they perceive as bloodsports or violent behaviour and has read a lot of romance novels, or the one who has lived and breathed the life of being a professional exponent of violence?

I'm not the latter, btw, but as I've stated previously, I'm familiar with the type of person Trayvon is alleged to be, know people who are paid good money for their ability to deal with violent thugs fueled by beer, coc aine, steroids, and occasionally, even when stone cold sober, and have also learned a few tricks to survival, both from their combined wisdom and my own encounters.

I am far from a straight-laced person without the life experience to offer a useful opinion.

edit on 7-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Not one of your allegations have been presented at trial. Not one.

When I think about it in those terms it is quite possible it was god’s plan just as George said but who knows maybe the kid who was suspended from school for drug parfinailia where his mother sent him away and he was on drugs, caught with stolen property, burglary tools, liked to fight and was taped doing so. He liked to call himself a thug brag about fighting show off his gun and plant would one day grow up as a fine young man. Just maybe that would have happened but I wouldn’t have bet on it.

What has been presented at trial was that George lied about his awareness of the laws regarding lethal force and the application thereof in self-defense. You want to mince terms and give the guy the benefit of the doubt, go ahead. I don't buy it. George may be a wimp, but he is no dummy. He had to take classes for his CCW permit. He knew. That is just so gratuitous to even assume that he didn't know what Hannity was talking about. Come on.

Just because I live in "Commiefornia" doesn't mean I am not hip to self-defense laws. Nor does it mean that I don't support them. I may be liberal but I am all about the second amendment, and ferociously defend that right. I don't have to live in Florida to sympathize with how y'all feel about standing your ground. I am OK with all of that.

What I take issue with is the way Zimmerman pursued Trayvon and when he was getting thumped in a fight, that I believe was instigated by George, he decided to shoot a boy. I have a problem with that, a big one. Now had George been in his garage and Trayvon confronted Zimmerman and he used lethal force, I would have his back. That is far from what happened here.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I don't even believe George was getting beat up off Trayvon. I can buy Trayvon throwing a few panicky swings, but the injuries George received are NOT from the kind of beating he describes.

IF a skinny, lanky teen - albeit a very violent one - could even get the drop on a person who eats and breathes fighting crime, AND his first punch was powerful enough to drop a 204lb man - after he'd staggered 20-30 ft minimum, that is - AND George landed straight on his back, AND Trayvon was able to mount him without resistance... if Trayvon was that effective a street-fighter and George was that incompetent at defending himself, every punch Trayvon dropped down on George's face cleanly would be likely to leave visible damage, and Trayvon would only have to hit George's mouth once and he'd be likely to suffer serious hand injury from George's teeth.

I'd find it more believable that George ran into a tree while playing Hunt The Asshole, than I find it believable that he was beaten within a micro-second of losing consciousness, but was aware his jacket was moving up, Trayvon's leg had detected his gun, and then he suddenly sprang into action when he realised nobody was answering his pitiful screams for help.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

But if i, as a white male, say "creepy a** n*****" is following me, then in our society that denotes racism.

Double standard.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

reply to post by TKDRL

But if i, as a white male, say "creepy a** n*****" is following me, then in our society that denotes racism.

Double standard.

If you say it while talking to your girlfriend, nobody will be any the wiser unless you bump into a frustrated NW co-ordinator, get shot and your g/f is called to testify. And, if she was the dishonest type, she wouldn't even need to mention you'd used a word that can be highly offensive in some contexts, she could just forget it had happened and focus on the lies she'd been coached to tell by a cunning lawyer and a conniving prosecutor.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

reply to post by TKDRL

Double standard.

If you say it while talking to your girlfriend, nobody will be any the wiser unless you bump into a frustrated NW co-ordinator, get shot and your g/f is called to testify. And, if she was the dishonest type, she wouldn't even need to mention you'd used a word that can be highly offensive in some contexts, she could just forget it had happened and focus on the lies she'd been coached to tell by a cunning lawyer and a conniving prosecutor.

The point that is continually being missed here about the racist comment that Trayvon used is this:

It matters not who all heard him.

It is the fact that he observed the race of a person and uttered a racial comment based on race.

Essentially, that is called racism.

Not to be political, but is often observed that most liberals cannot see their own racism, and often try to deflect it on their counterparts.
edit on 7-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I swore I was going to stay off this thread.

But I digress...

This liberal is not racist. I don't like wanna be cops, irrespective of their race, nationality, sexual preference, voting habits, et al.

This case has never been about race to me. EVER.

This case is about a man who stalked a boy, profiled him as a burglar, and confronted him.

All the rumors that have been spread about Trayvon came from the camp of the defense. Up to and including the bs story about a fight that was reported to be about Trayvon and his friends beating up a homeless man. The defense had to come out in the news media and retract that lie. It has been a nasty game that has sullied the reputation of a boy that is dead. It is dirty as all get out. But there are those that cling to every negative rumor and spread it like it was Jesus who spoke. Makes me sick.

Let me tell you something. If that was my kid, I would be furious. I would use every resource available to me to come back at you.

You people have even criticized his parents and their parenting. However, we just saw Trayvon's older brother on the stand on Friday. He is a senior in college, and a clean cut kid.

It is disgusting the treatment that has been given this family that lost a teenager.

Shame.

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join