It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP for DUMMIES

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So, more "scientists" came out to play, with their PERSONAL opinions; trying to pass HAARP off, as some kind of radio station for Submarines??? lol
Continue on with you're party of denial. I'm looooovin' the way you're "educating us".
Like i've asked, they're using HAARP, to bounce radio waves off of the ionosphere, just so they could receive a signal, to a submarine moving underwater??? Never mind that that water is comprised of salt. lol You people are tooo much. But, i'm enjoying the comedy. Does anyone know what happens to the "radio waves" as they pass through the different atmospheres of our planet??? Has anyone ever been to a professional recording studio? No, i'm not talking a home studio, with a computer and fruity loops. I'm talking a real recording studio. You should, and find out how sound waves travel. The same thing goes with radio waves. What is going to boost the signal, as it gets lost, traveling from ground to ionosphere; from the ionosphere to somewhere underwater. Don't bother answering, you'll just spin it, however the manual you're reading from tells you to "debunk" these questions. Anyhoot, here's an experiment you can try:

How to Make Electricity from RADIO WAVES

Radio waves, both natural and man-made, contain ELECTRICAL ENERGY you can tap using simple solid-state hardware. Radio wave collectors use long, insulated copper wire antennas to drive current to a load-bearing device (cell phone charger, battery, light bulb). The electricity collected can be from a radio station or the Earth's own magnetosphere (our planet's magnetic field), depending on the length of the antenna and circuitry involved. The average backyard experimenter can make electricity from radio waves in about 1 hour.

1. Solder the bottom of the spark plug (the threaded end) to the positive terminal of the ignition coil using a small section of insulated copper wire. Ignition coils have clearly marked terminals (+/-).
2. Solder the top terminal of the spark plug to a stripped end of 200 feet of insulated wire.
3. Solder the positive terminal of the ignition coil to the negative terminal of the battery or device (cell phone charge wire, for example), using a section of insulated wire.
4. Solder the output terminal (usually on top, between the positive and negative inputs) on the ignition coil to the 2kV capacitor's lead. Either lead on the capacitor will work. Salvage your 2kV capacitor from an old television set, or buy a new capacitor. These capacitors are typically available at television repair shops, or online at circuit supply stores.
5. Solder a length of wire to the open lead on the capacitor. Less than a foot of wire will do.
6. Splice the open wire of the capacitor to a good ground, as well as to the negative terminal on the battery or device. Typically a battery can be grounded at the post to an earth ground, or large metal object. A good Earth ground would be a deeply embedded metal object, or a heavy metal plumbing pipe.
7. Straighten the 200 feet of wire coming from the spark plug, but don't allow it to touch the ground. Tacking it to a tree or ungrounded trestle will keep it straight. Unless the apparatus is connected to the final load device, no current will flow and it is safe to handle the insulated wire.
8. Attach the load to the terminals on the battery, or to the open wires coming from the negative ignition coil terminal and capacitor. The voltage will vary, depending on the length of the antenna wire and its resistance. Altering the gauge and length of the insulated wire will raise or lower the voltage. This setup can recharge a car battery in about 3 days.
And you call yourselves "scientists"?
Would you mind providing some background info, or your education? Maybe you can post a picture of you, holding your degree? Maybe, you can post a picture of you working at your "facility"?
Give us something other than, i'm a "scientist". I'm a scientist, too.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

well, if you believe that circuit will give you energy out of the air, and charge a battery, you will believe anything.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Hint - how long does an ELF transmitter antenna need to be? I suggest you look up Sanguine.

Well the TWA on the EC-135 used to be something like 10 miles IIRC. I might be off, but I remember it trailed out several miles behind the aircraft, which made them making a turn a real bitch because they'd have to make a nice gradual turn to keep it strung out nicely behind them.

Both the E-4 and the E-6B use a similar system, with a much smaller cone on the end of it, and I don't think it trails out quite as far, but it's still a couple miles behind them (I remember because there was an incident report of an E-4 landing minus the TWA and cone and they had to replace it).

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

It's on the innernet. They can't put anything that isn't true on the innernet.

Seems to be missing a rectifier though...at the least.

edit on 6/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
Like i've asked, they're using HAARP, to bounce radio waves off of the ionosphere, just so they could receive a signal, to a submarine moving underwater??? Never mind that that water is comprised of salt.

Like you've been told - long wavelength electromagnetic waves can penetrate some water - VLF about 20 feet, ELF a few hundred feet.

The facts aren't in dispute by anyone except you - who apparently knows more than the rest of the world??

No - we call ourselves not as ignorant as you

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Did you actually read that and draw a diagram of it? So you think you would get enough voltage from that wire to jump a spark plug gap...... how are you going to rectify the voltage to charge the battery?

That whole description makes no sense at all - just like your claims about HAARP!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shell69

If it is such an impossibility that HAARP could be used for ANYTHING other than to study our ionosphere or atmosphere, then why are there so many reports, documentaries and people who support the possibility that it can and is being used for other purposes?

There can be a few long explanations, but in a nutshell: "people are dumb".

Humans in general have a really bad record of using critical thinking and common sense, especially if the stuff they are looking at is beyond their level of education and/or inclination to concentrate and think hard.

That HAARP conspiracy theory is not different in that regard from "chemtrails", and there is little surprise that both are promoted by exact same nutcases.

Have you heard that the New World Order is being arranged by a cabal of shape-shifting reptilians? There have been "reports". It surely must be true.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Has anyone ever been to a professional recording studio?

I used to own one. Still selling and moving gear.

I'm talking a real recording studio.

Yup.

You should, and find out how sound waves travel.

As both a physicist and a musician, I don't see how a visit to a recording studio will educate an unsuspecting person about the physics of sound propagation. That just sounds stupid.

The same thing goes with radio waves.

What exactly "goes"?

Don't bother answering

And maybe you shouldn't bother posting then.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Like i've asked, they're using HAARP, to bounce radio waves off of the ionosphere, just so they could receive a signal, to a submarine moving underwater??? Never mind that that water is comprised of salt.

Like you've been told - long wavelength electromagnetic waves can penetrate some water - VLF about 20 feet, ELF a few hundred feet.

The facts aren't in dispute by anyone except you - who apparently knows more than the rest of the world??

No - we call ourselves not as ignorant as you

APPARENTLY, you're not as "smart" as you "think" because, LIKE I SAID: Communication with submarines is difficult because radio waves do not travel well through thick electrical conductors like salt water.

NOT SURE WHAT PART YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! It's apparent you don't UNDERSTAND how WAVES operate. It doesn't matter what type of WAVES they are, whether they be: Sine Waves, ELF Waves, ULF waves, VLF waves, Gamma Waves, MicroWaves or Ocean Waves; they pretty much operate on the same principles, just for different applications. As a matter of FACT:

Sound travels far in water, and underwater loudspeakers and hydrophones can cover quite a gap. Apparently, both the American (SOSUS) and the Russian Navy have placed sonic communication equipment in the seabed of areas frequently traveled by their submarines and connected it by underwater communications cables to their land stations. If a submarine hides near such a device, it can stay in contact with its headquarters. An underwater telephone sometimes called Gertrude is also used to communicate with submersibles.
But hey, let's send an ELF wave into the ionosphere, and bounce them back through salt water. lol And i'm "ignorant"? Geeeeeesh

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Yup.

As both a physicist and a musician, I don't see how a visit to a recording studio will educate an unsuspecting person about the physics of sound propagation. That just sounds stupid.

What exactly "goes"?

Don't bother answering

How did you sound-proof your "imaginary studio"? What did you use for insulation? What type of mics do you use??? Do you have pictures of said "studio"? Is it a habit around here, to cut and paste without providing ANY type of information to your silly claims? I bet you if i need a mechanic, all i have to do is make a post on ATS, and magically, everyone's a mechanic. Same thing with the "scientists" and now owners of recording studios. lol

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Is it a habit around here, to cut and paste without providing ANY type of information to your silly claims?

Well, you just did exactly the same, cutting and pasting from wiki without showing you used it as a source....
You also cut and pasted your "How to Make Electricity from RADIO WAVES" without actually reading it, as if you had read it you would have seen it would not have worked!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Yup.

What exactly "goes"?

Don't bother answering

How did you sound-proof your "imaginary studio"? What did you use for insulation? What type of mics do you use??? Do you have pictures of said "studio"? Is it a habit around here, to cut and paste without providing ANY type of information to your silly claims? I bet you if i need a mechanic, all i have to do is make a post on ATS, and magically, everyone's a mechanic. Same thing with the "scientists" and now owners of recording studios. lol

I have a 48 channel Behringer MX8000 console and I used Shure mics. Now it's s synthesizer studio. But all of this is irrelevant, mostly. I'm not going to send you pics as I value my privacy. You see, you dragged this "studio" angle into this thread to try and prove something. It's preposterous, and no you are not the only guy who knows a thing or two about acoustics. And the notion that any of that has to do with HAARP is just moronic.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Did you actually read that and draw a diagram of it? So you think you would get enough voltage from that wire to jump a spark plug gap...... how are you going to rectify the voltage to charge the battery?

That whole description makes no sense at all - just like your claims about HAARP!
Yeah, just like your comment, as well. Does ANYONE want to back up ANY of their foolish claims? Or, are we just supposed to take your word for it?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Shures AREN'T studio mics, my friend. That let's me know, your claims are FALSE. NO ONE in the industry WOULD EVER record vocals on a SHURE microphone. I'm assuming yours is either the SM-57 or SM-58.
I personally use the AKG-414. Also, sound proofing a studio properly is main priority, in a real PROFESSIONAL studio because the microphones are so sensitive, they could hear a mouse fart in the room next door. Sound waves are almost like water. They can get through the smallest of cracks and ruin a great recording. Professional studios are damn near air tight, when those doors close. I wish i had a few serious debaters on here, because you people are rather boring!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Is it a habit around here, to cut and paste without providing ANY type of information to your silly claims?

Well, you just did exactly the same, cutting and pasting from wiki without showing you used it as a source....
You also cut and pasted your "How to Make Electricity from RADIO WAVES" without actually reading it, as if you had read it you would have seen it would not have worked!
And if you paid attention to this thread, you would understand that radio waves do not travel well through salt water. So, i'm not sure how or why they would send an ELF wave into the ionosphere, only to have it bounced back, knowing it won't travel through the salt water their submarines are submerged in. Unless, their submarines are submerged in fresh water. Even then, the water would absorb those ELF waves. That's just pure LOGIC. Not really much to think about, other than an alternative way to communicate with submarines because HAARP's way, in your belief system, WOULDN'T WORK!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

if you paid attention to this thread, you would understand that radio waves do not travel well through salt water.

Where in this thread did anyone say they did? No one did, it is just your very poor understanding of the topic.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Awww bless. I was wondering when your posts would degenerate into meaningless nonsense. In threads like this they always do. Once you run out of arguements and "youtube proof" you have nothing left.

Kudos for your stamina youbhave lasted longer than most. It has been an entertaining ride.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

And if you paid attention to this thread, you would understand that radio waves do not travel well through salt water. So, i'm not sure how or why they would send an ELF wave into the ionosphere, only to have it bounced back, knowing it won't travel through the salt water their submarines are submerged in. Unless, their submarines are submerged in fresh water. Even then, the water would absorb those ELF waves. That's just pure LOGIC. Not really much to think about, other than an alternative way to communicate with submarines because HAARP's way, in your belief system, WOULDN'T WORK!

And there you go you have just argued against your own theory.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

reply to post by buddhasystem

Shures AREN'T studio mics, my friend. That let's me know, your claims are FALSE. NO ONE in the industry WOULD EVER record vocals on a SHURE microphone.

Well I know people who did. This was not the focus, though, as I said it was a synth studio.

And again, it has ZELCH to do with HAARP and its supposed secret and nefarious capabilities, which idea however is so readily entertained by dimwits.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
WB, you're not incorrect about salt water dissipating radio waves. However, what you have to understand is that the degree to which this occurs is frequency dependent. The lower the frequency, the less db/meter loss you have. That's why subs use VLF and used to use ELF for communication. It certainly wasn't for any other reason - ELF is of limited bandwidth, inefficient and expensive. However, you can go look at Sanguine, Seafarer and other facets of Project Elf all over the net.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join