It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate fox News!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
While I may be an average every-day citizen, I am informed of all the issues that go on politically yet I cannot stand listening to fox news!! Why would I not stand to watch a news program designed to inform the public? It's simple really, for about a couple reasons.

1. When they convey both sides of the issues it's so obvious that Fox is pro-bush and during the time they the anti-bush supporters points of view the side which isn't pro-bush tends to be obviously scripted, not concrete, and also gets portrayed in a way which is not true.
2. They stated the war on Iraq was mainly condoned because there was a holocaust going on there, if that's the case, why didn't clinton do that during his term of Presidency? Also on the subject, the person who was against Bush and was a reporter never mentioned once North Korea, Iran, or other things which might be conceived as facts to prove them wrong.
3. I think it's just a major propeganda scheme set up by the fact that one of Bush's relatives works in the Fox News corporations

Does anyone else agree with me here? Who else is surprised that although Fox News is so biased, they still managed to beat all their competitors?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I pretty much wrote them off when they started to use less known polls to show Bush winning certain states instead of using the ones they had been using all along. Their bias is very obvious. But which one is good? Its either the Faux News channel or the Clinton News Network.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
I pretty much wrote them off when they started to use less known polls to show Bush winning certain states instead of using the ones they had been using all along. Their bias is very obvious. But which one is good? Its either the Faux News channel or the Clinton News Network.

Neither, I'd recommend keeping at heart to the sites motto "Denying Ignorance." I have stopped getting the news from the major news sources such as CNN, Fox News, or that other one. I've only gone to watch news channels when they are pro-kerry or anti-bush, I just cant stand the other ones; there's so many things wrong with them it isn't even funny.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
May I offer an alternative?

www.atsnn.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
May I offer an alternative?

www.atsnn.com...

, that's where I always get my information! I never trust major news sites since they will obviously heavily favor one thing or the other.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I still remember watching the Ticker (you know, that little banner that runs across the bottom of the screen) on CNN the day that Congress knocked down the Gay Marriage Ban Amendment.

The Ticker told me how many Democrats voted FOR the ban...and how many Republicans voted AGAINST the ban...and very little else!

'nuff said!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The only news network that can claim non-partisanship is the BBC.

Fox news is only capitalising on the consertive-thinking market. I am not American so i can see the humour in their "fair and balanced" journalism. I'm Australian, so i can also sympathise with others who have to suffer the Murdoch media juggernaut.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
You have to get your info from various media and sort out the truth...personally I use NY1...Fox...Daily News...and MSNBC...it takes more time but you get a better idea of the truth...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I like Fox news. I don't rely on it exclusively for my news, but I do find it entertaining. I love O'Reilly ... not because I always agree with him, but because I like that he brings up an issue and then has people from both sides debating it.

I cannot stand CNN. It is way too left-leaning and is NOT balanced. They were so transparent on election night as things started to go in Bush's favor. Some of them looked like they were going to cry!

MSNBC is O.K. but I generally go to them after going to Fox and CNN.

The BEST way to get news is to watch Fox, CNN, MSNBC for the breaking stories and then rush to ATS to see what the REAL story is.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWObringer
I've only gone to watch news channels when they are pro-kerry or anti-bush, I just cant stand the other ones; there's so many things wrong with them it isn't even funny.

Isnt that just another form of watching a biased News network? Being pro-anything is completely disregarding the 'other side'. Being pro or anti anything is just removing unity from the american people.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It is bizzare ho wmost people form all their opinions on what they see on the news... get worked up over events etc because the news media says it's occuring. Personally I don't like to take sides over the whole IRAQ issue mainly because the only information I have is through the media and I have no way of validating any of the ideas... Good to know there are other people out there who don't trust everything they read and see on the television!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That's why you have to get with the metaprogram people.

I still don't understand why the vast majority of ATS members still don't realize that they're constantly being manipulated 24/7!!!

Just read this thread. Please see what all those big media giants are doing. Now I really starting to believe the NWO is here already.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
That's why you have to get with the metaprogram people.

I still don't understand why the vast majority of ATS members still don't realize that they're constantly being manipulated 24/7!!!

Just read this thread. Please see what all those big media giants are doing. Now I really starting to believe the NWO is here already.

Hmm...? Are you indirectly inferring that the NWO runs this website? I don't watch those big media giants anyway.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Hmm...? Are you indirectly inferring that the NWO runs this website? I don't watch those big media giants anyway.

Nope.. I'm just supporting SO's suspicion that there is something really screwy going on in the United States right now. That's what I' m saying.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Nope.. I'm just supporting SO's suspicion that there is something really screwy going on in the United States right now. That's what I' m saying.

I see what you mean, I'd like to quote my friend which might explain some of your problems. He said that the Republicans are fully in control of the house and the senate, which maintains the right to make laws, which overrides the checks and balances. I think that's part of the reason politics in the U.S.A are so screwy over here right now.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by NWObringer]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I watch them all.
NO one place will really ever be unbiased.
BUT, If you watch with a skeptical eye, I think there is knowledge to be gained. Just like the various threads here, a lot are biased, some are not.
You've got to read them all. If there is time!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think the best place to get unbiased news would be The News Hour with Jim Lehrer. On the show, they do more interviewing than reporting, plus, PBS is a station that isn't concerned with ratings.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i cannot believe anyone takes mainstream media seriously here at Ats!

thats what makes this site so great as we all have a chance of seeing through the b/s

as i have mentioned before in previous post - it is not the war on terror it is the media we have got to keep a beady eye on!

it really does make me sick that the media jerkoffs spin spin spin - guess it's jus part of the mind control

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
WHO CARES IF YOU HATE FOX NEWS ? I HAVE IN ON 24/7 AND LOVE IT!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

He said that the Republicans are fully in control of the house and the senate, which maintains the right to make laws, which overrides the checks and balances. I think that's part of the reason politics in the U.S.A are so screwy over here right now.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by NWObringer]

The Supreme Court still exists...they have the final say as to the constitutionality of a law...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join