It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sirius documentary: Reported project financial improprieties and "Dead Man's Trigger" fabrication

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
www.medscape.com...

In 2011, emergency medicine (EM) physicians earned a mean income of $237,000 -- less than in the previous year. About a quarter of EM physicians earned $300,000 or more in 2011, whereas one third earned that much in 2010. Finally, in 2011, 13% of EM physicians earned less than $100,000. In 2010, only about 6% earned that amount.

Not hard to believe he was on that kind of money, being the team leader, which means his salary would be even higher.

Also in regards to being an emergency room doctor, he was accepted in the Alpha Omega Alpha national honor society. You'll see his name listed.

en.wikipedia.org...

Membership importance

As the years have gone by, membership in ΑΩΑ has become highly sought after, especially for those applying to competitive residencies. In many schools, students are ranked based on grades and USMLE Step 1 scores and the top one-sixth are inducted into the society, although this is in conflict with the national guidelines. The importance of ΑΩΑ membership to residency applications varies among specialties and programs. For highly competitive specialties, it can offer a significant advantage.

I'm surprised your statements are lacking basic research Phage, like so many others who bash this
edit on 4-6-2013 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by raiden12

Not hard to believe he was on that kind of money, being the team leader.
Now see if you can find the figures for when he quit and the hospital he was at. May as well find out what his malpractice insurance was costing him too, that would help to figure out how well he was doing.

Why does he have to make stuff up?

Also in regards to being an emergency room doctor, he was accepted in the Alpha Omega Alpha national honor society. You'll see his name listed.
I have no doubt he's smart.

I'm surprised your arguments are lacking basic research Phage, like so many others who bash this guy.
You mean like looking up how much emergency doctors make? I did.

You think this is not a con man? (good sized group of people, no?)

A tour through an invisible space ship. Cool!
edit on 6/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Making stuff up, like he's a Narcissist and he went into UFOlogy to get some groupies. A fairly ridiculous off hand statement, in light of the fact that common sense should tell you if he is indeed a Narcissist, then saving peoples lives and the adoration from that would be a great deal more satisfying than from a career in UFOlogy.

I can tell your on the lets bash Greer because it's fun and it's easy and he's a funny looking, sounding guy bandwagon. But when you break down some of the accusations, they are mostly unfounded, and contain very little evidence, just opinionated rants.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

and contain very little evidence

And no evidence that anything he says is true.

Moths. Squiggly...nothings. Invisible space ships. Mummified aliens that aren't.
He's a liar.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The way people carry on about Greer, you'd think he had set their grandmothers on fire.

Has Greer ever been charged with Fraud?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What are you talking about? Seriously? No evidence that anything he says is true? Hell of a sweeping statement.

There's plenty of documentation on his website, he has already laid out for you where he references his information in regards to UFOlogy from. Ive been through some of them,

He went and interviewed hundreds of ex military and government officials to put on the record, organised the disclosure conference.

And all you can pick on are his expeditions that came much later? If you could contact ET's in deep meditation, and these experiences were deeply personal and something to be experienced by yourself, i'd probably do the same thing he is doing, have people come validate it for themselves.

I've seen all i needed to see to make up my own mind, i don't think he's a con man at all. I think the bias runs deep, and when you question the skeptics on the evidence that he's in it for the money, or he's crazy, or he's a con man, you get some snide remarks about Narcissism and a link to an old group video from 2000 like its the holy grail of evidence.

edit on 5-6-2013 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

He has a treasure trove of documents on his website, he went and interviewed hundreds of ex military and government officials to put on the record, organised the disclosure conference.
Ex military people can't lie, can't be mistaken? Government "officials" can't lie, can't be mistaken? Not all of them of course. But out of all of those people what is the predominant theme? "Someone told me something about something". Second and third hand information with the original source not named. The Disclosure conference was a good effort though. What happened?

And all you can pick on are his expeditions that came much later?
As the saying goes, "that's all great but what has he done lately?"

I've seen all i needed to see to make up my own mind, i don't think he's a con man at all.
Ok. Delusional. Better? Maybe he really thinks he was walking through an invisible space ship. Maybe he really thinks a moth was ET.

edit on 6/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Ex military people can't lie, can't be mistaken? Government "officials" can't lie, can't be mistaken? Not all of them of course. But out of all of those people what is the predominant theme? "Someone told me something about something". Second and third hand information with the original source not named. The Disclosure conference was a good effort though. What happened?

Your attacking the credibility of UFOlogy in general here Phage, and it's outside the scope of this discussion. Each and every case is different, some first hand witness testimony, some second hand, some with radar, some with thousands of witnesses to the same event. As you said though, not everyone of course, and you only need one to be true for it to be the biggest story in mankinds history.

As the saying goes, "that's all great but what has he done lately?"

My point was, he has a reputable background, you obviously don't disagree.

Ok. Delusional. Better? Maybe he really thinks he was walking through an invisible space ship. Maybe he really thinks a moth was ET.

I think you need to be there and experience it for yourself before you waltz in claiming to know everything that goes on there, and claiming he's some kind of fraud.

My point is, he has a reputable background, he made a lot of money as an ER doctor so the argument he's in it for cash doesn't make sense, he's done some exceptional work in this field and he's obviously very intelligent, not crazy so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in regards to his alien experiences until I'm shown otherwise or I've experienced it. I've seen the same arguments to discredit the man over and over again, yet when you scrutinize them they don't make a lot of sense in the greater context of his accomplishments, his demonstrated level of intelligence and what was his financial situation.

I think it's very clear that the animosity towards him is ill placed, and most of the accusations are unfounded.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The main problem with Greer is, there's no evidence that anything he says is true.

He's been spouting this garbage for years, and it never adds up. Free energy machines? Where? Aliens? Where? Proof of extraterrestrial contact? Where?

It's nowhere. He just invents it all and charges suckers to believe it.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
One thing that's clear to me is either you're Greer himself or a member of his cult.

1.) Why are you taking what's said about him soo personally?

2.) Why do you keep mentioning he made a lot of money before he became involved in Ufology? You realized he paid people $20,000 each to be a part of a hearing? He did that making less than what he did when he was working an ER? He's easily pulling in millions. You didn't mention book and DVD sales.

3.) Why do you keep mentioning that he had to be very compassionate to be in that position and loved by all the people whose lives he has saved? I can call BS on that right now. Just because he had that position doesn't mean he HAD to be a compassionate person. When my mother died a few years ago, I saw first hand how cold people in an ER can be right after a death. I'm saying goodbye to my mother and in come 2 people to unplug her and are cracking jokes as if I'm not even there. People in that position MUST have compassion? BS

Admit it. You're the con himself or someone close to him. It's a little more than obvious. I have also noticed a connection to some Greer supporters here. A good amount seem to share the same style of internet handle. Hmmm

I believe he was genuine at first. Then realized very quickly how much money he can pull in and money won over legitimately looking for the truth. He's soo blatant about it, it actually makes me sick to my stomach. You can watch that invisible UFO tour and honestly believe him?
edit on 5-6-2013 by nightmare_david because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

But out of all of those people what is the predominant theme? "Someone told me something about something". Second and third hand information with the original source not named. The Disclosure conference was a good effort though. What happened?

That's not entirely accurate. John Callahan, Michael Smith, Enrique Kolbeck, Graham Bethune, Dan Willis, Don Phillips, Robert Salas, Harland Bentley, Larry Warren, George Filer, Mark McCandlish, all had direct experience with the phenomena.

Regarding "What happened?", you'd have to be pretty naïve, to believe anything would have happened. It's going to take extreme pressure on the government for them to do anything about this subject,

What Greer did was raise awareness that highly educated and credible witnesses do exist.
Before that people use to say things like "the witnesses are all crack pots", "why aren't pilots reporting these things" etc.
Well Greer demonstrated that this is a bogus argument because highly credible witnesses do exist.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BullwinkleKicksButt

That's not entirely accurate.
Really. Eleven out of how many? That's a majority of testimony?

But off the top of my head, you need to take Salas of your list. He didn't see anything.
Callahan...nope. Didn't see anything.
Smith... nope...

Kolbeck... no

Willis? Are you kidding? He didn't see anything either but...
www.disclosureproject.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

1.) Why are you taking what's said about him soo personally?

Because, as I've shown, the accusations against him are ill founded, and I'm passionate about the truth, and getting to the truth.

2.) Why do you keep mentioning he made a lot of money before he became involved in Ufology? You realized he paid people $20,000 each to be a part of a hearing? He did that making less than what he did when he was working an ER? He's easily pulling in millions. You didn't mention book and DVD sales.

Ummm, are you talking about Steven Greer or Stephen Bassett? Two totally different people, i know Stephen Bassett paid 20k for the ex members of congress to be on the panel of the hearing, but to my knowledge Steven Greer has never held a hearing, and never paid 20k for speakers.

3.) Why do you keep mentioning that he had to be very compassionate to be in that position and loved by all the people whose lives he has saved?

I never said he must have compassion, i said it shows he's potentially a compassionate man. I also never said he was loved by everyone he saved, go back and re-read my posts, you didn't understand them. Just like your mixing up your UFOlogists.

Admit it. You're the con himself or someone close to him

I'm an IT guy, not a con man, far from it. But thanks for demonstrating how easy it is to be called a "con man" on these forums.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Two totally different people, i know Stephen Bassett paid 20k for the ex members of congress to be on the panel of the hearing,
There was no hearing. There was press conference. Just as there was no hearing in 2001.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Mock hearing.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Yea.
Con man... Delusional.
Can be hard to tell the difference when cash money is involved.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join