It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Pictures w/ astronauts? Something doesn't look right!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I am sure this has been discussed before, though haven't seen anything recent. I decided to take a look at some pictures and when I look at these, something about the shadows doesn't seem right to me. I really want to believe they went, because I was taught this in school as a kid....it has to be true, but seems as though the lighting and the shadows don't match up. Look at the flag, is there wind on the moon? I am sure someone much smarter than me can explain these anomalies better than I can.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Read through here. some knowledgeable people have asked the same questions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Search is your friend.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Looking at the U.S. flag in these photos, it appears the same in all photos. I would guess it was stiffened / starched in some way to make a good photo, knowing that otherwise it would just hang down, and have no visual impact ?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Actually there is a myth busters episode where they put a flag in a chamber with no oxygen and it waves more than when put in a chamber with oxygen, reason being the flag in the chamber with no oxygen has nothing to resist against , no wind resistance equals more waving and yes the flag they used was held out with a small rod running across the top of the flag........so they say 0_o...?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Top photo: the lander's shadow and the astronaut's shadow are at different angles.
Bottom photo: astronaut's shadow appears to be MIA.

/TOA

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

You are correct. Thanks for noticing.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Top photo: the lander's shadow and the astronaut's shadow are at different angles.

/TOA

Not only that, but how about shadows from different directions, look at the flag, seems to be shadows in both directions.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The shadow from the bottom one is not missing, the astronaut is jumping and the shadow is offset due to him being airborne. the thing about the shadows is how they are in the same direction when shot from another angle.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Actually ....

It isn't...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Actually why don't you take the picture I used take it to windows paint and draw a big round circle where the shadow is....I am curious to know what you think you are showing that is the shadow, when in fact the angle of the shadow from the module and the way the astronaut is standing should present a shadow in the same direction...and it does no such thing.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAoxx
The shadow from the bottom one is not missing, the astronaut is jumping and the shadow is offset due to him being airborne. the thing about the shadows is how they are in the same direction when shot from another angle.

even if he is jumping the angle in the second picture doesn't match. In the first picture, tell me what is causing that shadow in front of the flag?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yea Myth Busters ended this a long time ago. The shadow angles are correct and natural. Take a look at the data we get from the mirrors that were placed on the moon. The data we just got as to the size of the meteors that hit the moon last week were collected from the movement of those mirrors.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You know that its all fake right? Till this day no one and I mean NO ONE has gone back to the moon, WHY?? cause we dont have the technology to do it.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Updated picture...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister1
Yea Myth Busters ended this a long time ago. The shadow angles are correct and natural. Take a look at the data we get from the mirrors that were placed on the moon. The data we just got as to the size of the meteors that hit the moon last week were collected from the movement of those mirrors.

Not to argue too much on a worn out story but could the mirrors not have been planted by an unmanned aircraft?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I think they did go, but not the way we've been shown.

Is it just me, or does the shadow from the flag seem a little....missing!?
The top image doesn't show the flags shadow IMO, but probably that of a rock or small bump in front of the flag and just out of picture on the left side.

edit on 25-5-2013 by MysterX because: added text

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart

Originally posted by Magister1

Not to argue too much on a worn out story but could the mirrors not have been planted by an unmanned aircraft?

Yes, they could have been placed remotely.

Or indeed placed using hidden technology craft and there and back in time for tea.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

There's no connecting shadow to the astronaut. He appears to be standing behind the small hill, and the shadow originates from in front of it.

/TOA

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

He appears to be standing behind the small hill, and the shadow originates from in front of it.

You may want to look again, as he is not behind the hill.

You wouldn't see the fronts of his boots if he were standing behind the hill, yet we see the front of the boots so how is he behind the hill?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaone
You know that its all fake right? Till this day no one and I mean NO ONE has gone back to the moon, WHY?? cause we dont have the technology to do it.
This link may be hard for you to accept but here it is anyway. history.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join