It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 day Challenge to Atheists - Confirm your Skepticism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
I have different suggestion than this test, only if you are sincere, prey to God 3 times a day for 7 days straight using his name, asking for the truth about God and the bible to be revealed to you. And see what happens.
John 8:32

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free

Note: Tying to figure what what name to use, here is a hint, click the link in my signature.

The truth is already evident from nature. It has already been produced by God clearly. What I am suggesting with this test is simply noticing God working in your life. It will be undeniable.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ReformedII

A test is a good spark to start the fires burning. Asking God to act on our behalf for a good cause is like asking a mother to feed a baby. It's a simple request that will be answered. I am a Christian and I have asked for testing many times. In those times, events engage in my life and I never quite know what to expect. Typically, these test bring me to the brink of what I think I can endure. Each time, I know the correct pathway out. I allow God room to work and I stick to the high road of truth. There is no question that God is there producing my circumstances. It's a simple way of showing the skeptical mind some evidence. The Word of God promises two things: He will provide a way out and He will not give more than we can endure. What he will give is evidence he is there.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrael

Your six children are loved by you, but will be used for upcoming wars. How do you feel about that? The Christian cause is the only cause worth fighting for at the end of the day. No matter what it has been used for, it remains true to it's narrative. No matter what ideologies have claimed it in vain, it still rises to the top of all ideologies. When viewed correctly, agape love is the answer to all division. Unity is the object of Christian faith. Brotherly love is the foundation. Taking the name requires taking the character of Christ. Why do we fight for this truth to be proclaimed? So you have the right to raise your six children in peace with your fellow man. Until the government rests upon HIS shoulders, your shoulders cannot protect your children alone. This is why we fight for the one truth worth fighting for.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The shear amount of mockery in this thread is a testament to the fear of a realization that God exists...

Im not sure that 30 days is long enough honestly... but im interested to hear of peoples results

IF there are any...

edit on 12-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

The shear amount of mockery in this thread is a testament to the fear of a realization that God exists...

Im not sure that 30 days is long enough honestly... but im interested to hear of peoples results

IF there are any...

edit on 12-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

If I were an Atheist, I would be afraid as well. If they would just follow the path with surrender, they would exchange that fear for true fear (Deference). The one with all the fear has all the power. The one with fear (who is fearful with dread) has no power to overcome. This is the point. Allowing God the authority opens all doors in the world and removes the barrier of the law. When God asked Abraham to give up Issac as a sacrifice, he never intended Abraham to part with what he loved. Abraham's willingness to give up to God allowed God to give it back to him in the proper context to truth.

Matthew 6:33

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

What is God asking all of us to do? Seek righteousness above all else, then what we love will be added to us as well. All 'these things' are not being taken. They are being given in proper context. Let's view this from the current situation. God seeks to give, yet mankind seeks to take for his own selfish ends. We produce technology that pollutes the earth and breaks after few uses. Is this the pathway to perpetual life on Earth? No. We are committing suicide over time for our greed. Are there ways for technology to last longer and biodegrade, giving back to nature? Yes. God gave us this technology already. Is it possible to have free energy that does not pollute? Yes. What stands in the way? Only our own selfish natures. In the end, this is the mark of the beast (Animal Nature). Selfishness is the mark we take willingly.

2 Timothy 3

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

---"Mark THIS!," he says. Indeed. There are 18 items (6+6+6). What type of person is this? Read on:

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

Why do I tell them to seek a test from God? To reveal the nature above. God will oblige and they know the result already. I say face this fear. Walk with God away from the man listed above. God will help you out and you too can claim the verse below:

Revelation 3:21

To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Who does God trust to rule in the coming kingdom? Those who are faithful to His laws. Faith is the only way to overcome because we cannot do it on our own. We need God's help. A simple test will reveal that what I say is true.

Do they dare?

edit on 12-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Doesn't the bible say that there is no fear in love? How can one with all the fear also have all the love?

Maybe fear is what drives you to believe the unbelievable?

1 John 4
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

And if god favors those who keep his law, then why did he decide to end it with Jesus?

edit on 12-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

While I do agree with you, I wouldn't say that this is only something that "Atheists" are guilty of... Many that do believe in God still display many of those qualities you listed.

Fear is also a personal defence mechanism... in this case it keeps one in the dark believing something can't be real IF it doesn't show itself.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

How do you know god is 'he' and what about all the other deities like Viking gods, Polynesian gods, Egyptian Gods, Eskimo Gods etc..?

Do they not exist as well (if not why not)?

I suppose you wouldn't have to have faith in a thing if it were irrefutable fact so please explain yourself.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You should rename this to "30 day challenge to Agnostics." Most of the athiests on this site didnt become athests just because it was convenient or because it's opposite of what their parents believed.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

@OP, Interesting thread.

FTR, I'm a staunch atheist. HOWEVER, I once had a very disconcerting experience that scared me to my existential marrow.

One time, late at night in bed, lying next to my girl friend at the time, I was having "late-night thoughts" and on a whim I challenged any entity listening me -- whether it be God or aliens -- telepathically (for I didn't say it out loud) to show me that he/she/it/they were out there, i.e. show me a sign. IMMEDIATELY I heard a loud rushing/roar, like that of wind, and my right arm was pulled upwards, until it was vertical. I immediately freaked out, pulled my arm down and hunkered-down under the covers. The sensation ended just as quickly. I looked around; it was my bedroom, and my sleeping girlfriend lay next to me still. After a few minutes, convinced that whatever presence had left, I went to sleep.

I'm as confident as I could reasonably be that I wasn't dreaming at the time. Whenever I have had anything approaching lucid dreaming, I have known the difference after waking up. To the best of my knowledge I was awake this whole time, though it is not impossible that it could have been otherwise. Anyway, I told my GF about the experience the next day; she just laughed at me. So much for my S.O. taking my spiritual/paranormal experiences seriously.

Also, I am a very down-to-earth person and very much a skeptic on such matters generally. Like I said previously, I think this experience of mine was real and occurred when I was conscious, but it could have been a case of quick-onset dreaming possibly, but if so, it was like none other that I have had before or since. The experience unsettled me so, that I have never attempted it again, and consequently, @OP, I am not taking you up on your challenge because of this.

I'd imagine some atheists will call me a sellout or a crypto sock puppet of the Faithful, but that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

I've thought about making a post describing this incident, but was hesitant to do so. @OP, your thread inspired me to come forward with it.

But I'll also add this: if there is some omnipotent being/entity, and he/she/it is a just and vindictive one, then a whole lot of monotheists have a lot more to fear than myself -- unless, of course, said being is very vain and demands the worship by us mortals of him/her/it/they. As unlike a lot of monotheists of the Juedo-Christian persuasion, I happen to follow some of the more weighty of the Ten Commandments, e.g. Thou Shall Not Kill.

edit on 12-5-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Why is it so hard for an atheist to comprehend that christians tell you about God because they love you not because they hate you.They would hope you to accept faith in God is all and Jesus Christ.Most christians don't want to force you to believe.
edit on 12-5-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

I get that bit,.
It is the preachy evil ones I don't like..

He loves you!!
But if you don't love him back, you will burn FOR EVER !!!

This is love?
This is God?

No thank you...
And I say this with the UTMOST respect.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

I believe WIFI is there, yet I cannot connect to it without a modem. I can't see it or sense it, yet it is passing through me every second. I am not asking anyone to believe. I am suggesting that asking for a test will produce results. I am under the continued impression that Atheists do believe in God's existence, they just do not agree with him. Fear would keep most from allowing God to test their character. You must admit, there is a bit of fear in the mind wondering what would happen.

Fear?
I FEAR THE WORLD GOD COULD STEP IN AND HELP..
But noooooooooooooo...
"He works in mysterious ways"

My Mum got told last week she is dying, she believes in God and goes to Church.
Is this Gods will? Is this the God you ask people to "Try"? I am sorry. But I believe in what I see and feel.
If God was really there, he would stop a peado from raping a child. Why doesn't he?

I am of course wasting my time asking.
As its "His way"
I am disabled, I am in AGONY. "He is testing my will"
He won, my will is broken. And I am still in pain..

Live and let live...
You believe in invisible people.
I will believe in what I see and feel..

And again..
With the UTMOST respect

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

If I were an Atheist, I would be afraid as well.

Really?
Do you know this as a fact?
Religion scares me, why? Because you all fight and cause wars.
Religion will kill this world. Organised religion will kill is all.
And all you are doing here is giving your opinion.
I respect that.
But I have more proof does not exist, than you do that God exists.
This is a fact you would be in fear of yes?

Why would an Atheist be in fear? or afraid?
I don't get your logic here at all?

And you Avatar..
Enoch who?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
No challenge from me, I believe God exist you are right and I know him and we can prove God exist easily now from the verification of the foundations of the world with the opened book God has provided for us through the Kingdom of Heaven.

The atheist cannot prove that God does not exist, they are stuffed in their falsehood with no where to go, they are cornered like a rat and act accordingly. The atheist is the greatest thief and liar of them all, robbing people of their eternal heritage without a scrap of evidence.

I'm not sure what worse Islam or Atheism, maybe atheism, Islam can change their ways unto God, unto the demonstrated truth supporting the Golden rule and the ways of Jesus. Atheists have no hope, they don't even try to find God in truth and demonstration, they instead hide under mountains hoping truth goes away speaking their crap in utter falsehood like a liar and a spiritual robber.
edit on 13-5-2013 by sevens8 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sevens8
The atheist cannot prove that God does not exist, they are stuffed in their falsehood with no where to go, they are cornered like a rat and act accordingly. The atheist is the greatest thief and liar of them all, robbing people of their eternal heritage without a scrap of evidence.

With attitudes such as yours, is it any wonder that atheists fail to be attracted to the religion you preach?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The word "religion" comes from the Latin word "religio" which has a meaning influenced by the verb "religare" to bind, in the sense of "place an obligation on" (World Book Dictionary).

Yeah well, it may very well be just a tool to "bind" or control us, the masses. Yet I remain AGNOSTIC since I shall keep this wide berth for the chance that a supreme being out there rules and influences, maybe not control like an egomaniac or a control-freak, but more of like a caring parent who doesn't really want to spoil children. Leaning more on apathetic.

As for being religious, been there, been that (pun intended). It's one of the reasons why religious folk fear me most. I was one of them. Now that's scary, cause im living physical proof that you can shake off the chains that bind you and actually be happier.

Some people have it in their blood to be slaves. With that, the common slave takes extra vigilance who amongst the populace sticks their head out and looks at the forbidden face of YAHWEH only to see an emperor without clothes. An alarm is instantly raised and like dumb startled sheep everyone bleats and points to the wrong-doer / sinner.

BUT some sheep do come out of the mesmerizing stupor. But it takes a lot of courage to go against everything you've gotten so used to and people you love (you were born in this world, face it, first people you meet, you'll love).

After being out of the herd for a while now, I still see people with closed minds. It's irritating for me when those real stubborn ones aren't actually religious, but fearful. Their heart isn't in it, they're just there to conform. Which reminds me of a story.

My mother was in so much fear before she died because she said that there is no heaven. I tried my best to convince that it did exist. She said, "I've lived much longer than you have and searched for the answer secretly without blowing my cover (religious fervor), but quite frankly I came to the conclusion that there is no heaven."

I tried desperately to win her faith back, but to no avail. Until finally she felt mine faith waivering. As I hinted on revealing this to my blinded brethren, she said, "Do not go against the flow!" What she meant was that I should not raise my head above the crowd for the grim reaper doth reap thy head (general public will have at my head). So I keep to myself. But sometimes it's so hard to shut up when hypocrites like those who don't really believe, almost atheist, say righteous words that don't befit them!

Same story with dad. RIP guys. We'll soon follow.
edit on 13-5-2013 by headb because: sp

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Yada yada yada...

Bah! I'm not even gonna try to prove anything to religious folk because seriously, I don't think you harm me like other religious extremist do. I know your kind especially cause I came from theres. Most loved ones are still in the nest so to speak. But the young 'uns, ooh, they be different. They see things differently and you can't just say "God this, God that" to them no more. You oughtta be more scientific man!

What really ticks me off is the closed minded super hypocritical masquerading atheist who pretends to be religious. And most of the time, I see these a-h-oles as leaders of communities, churches, and the like. The most bigoted, self-righteous, ignorant, selfish, etc. (bad stuff) person that I know of is a religious leader. And you know what they say, birds of the same feather flock together.

So I see this c*nt rubbing elbows with "religious" political personalities who "believe" in gawd.

Gawwwwddddd!!!

(and some of them are child molesters)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
So let me get this straight, you want us to practice self-deception and extreme superstition until something clicks? No thanks, that's what made me find religion to be idiotic in the first place.

No. Just ask for a test from God. If he is real, you will receive your test. If not, you can go on with your life as usual and nothing will happen.

Will this be a written test or multiple choice?

Do I have to study for it at all?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

Originally posted by sevens8

With attitudes such as yours, is it any wonder that atheists fail to be attracted to the religion you preach?

They always ask us to "prove" that god dose not exist and yet when asked to do the same the other way around, they go right to the "good book", and quote a verse and say "there, that's my proof, because this book says so"..!!

I would just once like a christian to follow suit and prove to me "physically", that his god exists..

Never going to happen.!!

It's the same with Evolution. Science had given factual, physical proof time and time again and yet to prove that creationism is real, they simply quote a line from the bible as their proof..lol

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Lets say God exists, lets assume he created the universe....
Why would he need anything from his creations, he created them so he knows everything about them, what they think, what they did and what they will do in the future. If people are doubters, atheists, skeptics etc. he created them to think like that,
Why would the ultimate power of the universe, a being with no space-time barriers and limits would even need to be worshiped by some animals living on one of the trillions planets of our galaxy which is part of billions of galaxies comblex
A being like that would have no needs, or what so ever from his creations. Remember he made them like that...
He wouldn't need churches, followers, believers, or anything like that, He would be perfect and complete by any meaning...
People don't need to be ''saved'',' there is nothing to be saved of, since everything is his creation he already knew every sin done by man since Adam n Eve. HE CREATED THEM TO bE SINNERS, So why does the ultimate power needs approval by his creations?
Why GOD is presented by bible to have human needs, human characteristics, and social aspects?
Maybe because, HE, was the one created by man afterall...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join