It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 day Challenge to Atheists - Confirm your Skepticism

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

I answered the question based on my own experience with faith. Like the soul, faith is not something I own. It's given to us. We cannot approach God apart from faith. The key to the outcome of collapsing wave function is for the conscious observer to take an indeterminate state and collapse it into our determined reality. No states here can be changed unless we, the observer, draw them out of the fifth dimensional probability space. See this thread for how this works: Quantum Mechanics

I have waited some time in this thread to show what I know. For our request to God to validate into existence, we must have some measure of faith. Anyone who asks for a test must already have some measure of faith present or the request is a dead letter. Our prayers are words to God. How are they heard by God? A connection must be present and a gateway must be open. What hinders our prayers? To answer this, I can show you what opens our prayers to God. The inner man must be awakened. This happens when our heart is softened toward God. A hardened heart breaks the connection. This is why belief in God is so vital and why scripture goes into such detail trying to keep our hearts opened toward God. We are entirely responsible for this first step.

The answer to the questions above are simple. For me, I know the connection is open. I can ask for a test and the test comes in an obvious way. Between the test and what it reveals, I can then see an area of my life to adjust and work toward mending. Faith allows the eyes and ears to open. The more I see and hear from my own heart, the more the light reveals the work that needs to be accomplished. Each time, my faith is strengthened. The closer I am to God, the more I see and hear.

What does this say of the person who actively runs from this work and faith? Will God test the Atheist? The answer is yes. No request is necessary. God is actively trying to allow circumstances to speak to our hearts. That voice bounces off if the heart is hard.

That's your answer to this thread and the reason we will not be hearing much on the subject from participants. If we do hear a story, there is a measure of faith in that individual and the heart is able to be softened.

Read this thread on Clay and Glass Jars: Ceramic and Glass Jars: Hidden Secret to the Breath of God

How can the breath blow into us if we are ceramic with a facade? Only glass can be heated and molded. Ceramic cannot be remade. The same sun that melts wax also hardens clay. Water keeps the clay soft. We are that clay and there is a potter. For our facade to be removed, we must willingly allow God to see our sin. Transparency is what reveals our hearts to God so he can then come in and mend our vessel. An Atheist has painted himself with an outer shell that cannot be penetrated. A believer has confessed the sin and removed it from the vessel. Christ is the one that provides the heat (Trail by fire) so that we can be remade. Spirit then clothes the new vessel and keeps it wrapped in love and not hate.

Again, I am speaking directly to your inner man. I am showing you the inner meaning, which is the truth in the word. If you only look at the outer shell, the core of the onion will never reveal itself. Peel back the layers of the word to peel back your own layers. Let the light shine. Engage the flame.

edit on 18-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
So let me get this straight, you want us to practice self-deception and extreme superstition until something clicks? No thanks, that's what made me find religion to be idiotic in the first place.

No. Just ask for a test from God. If he is real, you will receive your test. If not, you can go on with your life as usual and nothing will happen.

So what are the logical outcomes here? From what you've said, if we're tested then the test is from God and he is real. It would be reasonable to assume then that you'll be open to the suggestion that if God doesn't present a test, then he isn't real? yes?

Or maybe he's only real in the minds of some people?

I have followed this path many times. I already know the answer.

Care to answer some of those questions then? Until then, I'll just keep presuming that your logic is spurious at best.

Simply listen to this: What do you hear at the end? Listen To Job

What did God test first? The Earth. Before providing for us, the wisdom was locked and tested in plain sight.

Go back and read this thread: Glass and Ceramic Read the symbolism between both reflecting points, then compare yourself to the image of the Father as you are locked in the image of the Mother (Mater / Matrix / Material). Where do you look for wisdom and understanding?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

What did you hear? Let me give you some keys, then go back and do it again.

Where does it dwell, that hidden treasure?

He views the ends of the Earth (TIME)

Sees everything under the heavens (Time keeps everything from happening at once)

Established the force of the wind (Strong and weak nuclear forces / Emerald Tablet of Hermes / Spirit moving on the waters - See John 3 and the wind moving about)

Measured out the waters (Baptism / We are the dew. The sun rises and distills the dew as it returns / You must be born again)

Decree for the rain (1 Kings 17) and a path for the thunderstorm (Trials)

The truth: Fear the Lord and shun evil. That's is wisdom.

Where is the test? From beginning to end. God has already seen it and it is good. Along the way, you can choose to see what he sees or look away. It's a choice. The test continues in time. You are the dew being distilled season after season.

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.
20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

What did God keep at the end? What he elected to keep. While we wait to see, we have the ability to look and change over time. Why would we miss the opportunity?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Isaiah 26

their bodies will rise—

Sounds like a zombie apocalypse

Do I pass the test 'superior' Ed?

I do hope you don't proselytize like this to the members of your school band.......

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Isaiah 26

their bodies will rise—

Sounds like a zombie apocalypse

Do I pass the test 'superior' Ed?

I do hope you don't proselytize like this to the members of your school band.......

No words are needed beyond a life well lived. The witness of character tells more than words can. As for the verse above, this is a picture of the coming wrath and restoration. Life is a circle and history repeats. Fire is used as symbolism for the first and last.

Matthew 20:16

"So the last will be first, and the first will be last."

Those who put themselves first (Pride) are last to get out of the image. Those who put themselves last (Humility) are first to receive salvation from the image. The last (Those who refuse to use the water to repent) will be left in the fire. The first (Those who put out fire with the waters of baptism) will be removed before the coming wrath. Baptism is our immersion in the waters of life.

Amni - River of Life (Jordan)

Amnio - Bowl that catches the blood of the sacrificial lamb

Amnion - Sac that covers the waters (Body of Man)

Amniotic Fluid - Waters of the Womb (Nourishment before entering the next Womb of the Earth)

Amnesia - Condition of the waters (Forgetfulness)

Amnesty - Cleansing of the waters

The Shepherd pulls the wool over our eyes (Amnesia). Our wool (Sin) is sheered off season after season (You must be born again). That wool is then washed white as snow and returned as a new robe (Body of our own making, but washed by the Shepherd. Also woven by Him). What you bind here is bound to the new body in heaven. What you loose here is loosed from that body. Bind yourself to sin and it is bound to your next life. What masters you will continue to return. Master it and it leaves for good.

Matthew 18:18

18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[e] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[f] loosed in heaven.

To answer your question, what masters you now is bound to return. Do you pass the test? Simply look at what keeps coming back season after season. What keeps bothering your soul? What repeats in your life and masters your will? That's the test.

The oyster cannot produce a pearly apart from the irritation of the sand.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

As for the verse above, this is a picture of the coming wrath and restoration. Life is a circle and history repeats.

It directly talks about raising the dead from the grave, no need for any of your babbling re-interpretations.....

'But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise
the earth will give birth to her dead. '

+

'the earth will conceal its slain no longer.'

Like I said, you're describing a zombie apocalypse....

To answer your question, what masters you now is bound to return. Do you pass the test? Simply look at what keeps coming back season after season.

The Simpsons? I'm a fairly huge fan TBH and once met Matt Groening (true story), but it doesn't master me. Is it me or do all religious people seem to need/want/require mastering? seems very sadomasochistic to me.

Fortune cookie wisdom? why am I not surprised......

edit on 19-5-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You must be born again. Baptism has a root meaning of birth in the water. The purpose of birth in the water, where you are now, is for repentance and rising to new life. It's an ancient process called involution and evolution.

Involution and Evolution (Rising to new life). Theology is the box we hold God inside. He is trying to take us out of that box and show us what is hidden inside. I can only tell you it is so. Your pride keeps theology locked tight.

Originally posted by Prezbo369

As for the verse above, this is a picture of the coming wrath and restoration. Life is a circle and history repeats.

It directly talks about raising the dead from the grave, no need for any of your babbling re-interpretations.....

'But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise
the earth will give birth to her dead. '

+

'the earth will conceal its slain no longer.'

Like I said, you're describing a zombie apocalypse....

To answer your question, what masters you now is bound to return. Do you pass the test? Simply look at what keeps coming back season after season.

The Simpsons? I'm a fairly huge fan TBH and once met Matt Groening (true story), but it doesn't master me. Is it me or do all religious people seem to need/want/require mastering? seems very sadomasochistic to me.

Fortune cookie wisdom? why am I not surprised......

edit on 19-5-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

reply to post by pyrael

We are not lost for many reasons. First, from the point of view of the academic, I have a map, a GPS location, and many other means at my disposal to know where I am. I am here, and I know where "here" is.

Second, in a more arcane approach to the mundane logic, I exist, therefore I cannot be lost. And even if I am unsure to exactly "where" I am, someone else most likely knows my location.

Let me point you in a slightly different direction. Consider what you are:

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

Then, consider what the tree of life consists of at its essence. Is the acorn the oak tree or the oak tree the acorn? Neither one. They are both the essence of information.

Revelation 21

26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

What does the book of life contain? Our encoded information that allows our essence to engage and express into form. With this information, we then ask the question again. Are we saved or lost?

I respect opinions and the will of ANY person, I truly do..
But all you did there was throw words from an old book at people.
It means nothing to an Atheist. These, for me are just words.
They spark no imagination or belief in me, only speaking for myself here bud

And you know I respect your views

Cheers

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

3 more days. What has the result been over the last month?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This reminds me of NA where you have to surrender to a higher power I think it is the first step.

Well I couldn’t do that without being dishonest so I refused. It has been 15 years or more and I have been off that # (heavy pain medication and alcohol) here is the kicker they actually threw me out because I wouldn’t surrender my will. Well as far as I know all these self-righteous jack arses are still addicts some of them died I think but not me.

So either I was never addicted in the first place which I know I was physically or surrendering yourself to an imaginary power is detrimental to your wellbeing and or ability to take personal responsibility.

Anyway no thanks I am tested quite frequently by life itself and I will rely on myself to pull me through unless you are suggesting god can pay my bills for me because at this point in life I am having a hard time scraping by. Maybe he would make me a TV evangelist who knows…..eh no thanks I will keep my day job at least it is honest work.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
This reminds me of NA where you have to surrender to a higher power I think it is the first step.

Well I couldn’t do that without being dishonest so I refused. It has been 15 years or more and I have been off that # (heavy pain medication and alcohol) here is the kicker they actually threw me out because I wouldn’t surrender my will.

That is also why your higher power can be almost anything you feel committed to now days.

Back to the topic, I really don't see how me asking to be tested and having to reflect back to see if any experiences can be made out to be so. For some people an answer from God would be seeing a fly go by when they are trying to decide if they should go visit a far away relative. Obviously, the only answer would be that God sent that fly to tell you to fly to them...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Ask God to test you.

Better.... ask God to test you AND to prove that it's Him doing the testing.
Otherwise, 'testing' that comes could be called random life events.
And the person saying that could easily be correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join