It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ivbnu

Exactly, that's probably why it doesn't occur often in this country, save for when the FBI sets it up.

There's just nothing to gain...

Or maybe there is, you see if, according to the USGov:

“They hate us for our freedoms!”

which of course is bs, they hate Predator Drones blowing up innocent people as "collateral damages" – in countries we are not even at war with, but I digress.

Okay, so
Q
they hate us for our "freedom", so what do we do?
A
Extiguish the light of any remaining "freedoms" with an over-bearing, boot-stomping-on-throat-for-eternity Orwellian police-state, with blue-garbed, subpar-IQ'd weirdos in airports, molesting people's kids to check for “explosives”, and confiscating fruitcakes (seriously), DHS psychos in turrets atop armored personal carriers barreling down residential streets, police so over-militarized that people can't distinguish between them and the actual military, etcetera, etcetera ad nauseum.

That way, there will be no more “freedoms” left for them to "hate"—

edit on 28-4-2013 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have a question for all those who oppose this type of action:

Why, as a member of a society, would you NOT want to help the police in catching dangerous and armed criminals who had already murdered 3 people and injured over 200 more? Why would you want to make it MORE difficult to find that person?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Covertblack

Logos are important.
That is how we identify things. The term 'military police' actually means something. It refers to departments in the branches of the military when we are speaking of the US. That vehicle was labeled military police. It may have been a National Guard vehicle, which would not be surprising, as it is said that they were activated. I just am not convinced that this vehicle is DHS.

Honestly, some of the equipment DHS has is not far from what the military carries.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

The lockdown actually began an hour after police came out with Dzohkar's name. Why did they wait an hour if this lockdown was so effing necessary and important?
Perhaps because they knew it was an extreme measure, was a lot to ask of the people, and that there would be people out there itching to act in a foolish manner just to prove they dont have to listen?

Just postulating...
So they did it anyway? What sense does that make?
Aren't you the guy that doesn't want to hear 'what ifs'?

I read you first post in this thread. The first sentence of that post is a 'what if'.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

The lockdown actually began an hour after police came out with Dzohkar's name. Why did they wait an hour if this lockdown was so effing necessary and important?
Perhaps because they knew it was an extreme measure, was a lot to ask of the people, and that there would be people out there itching to act in a foolish manner just to prove they dont have to listen?

Just postulating...

I read you first post in this thread. The first sentence of that post is a 'what if'.

Can I ask what do you think would have been a proper response? I'm not being a smart.....you know what. I just want to know how you would have handled the situation.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

Logos are important.
That is how we identify things. The term 'military police' actually means something. It refers to departments in the branches of the military when we are speaking of the US. That vehicle was labeled military police. It may have been a National Guard vehicle, which would not be surprising, as it is said that they were activated. I just am not convinced that this vehicle is DHS.

Honestly, some of the equipment DHS has is not far from what the military carries.
No doubt about that. I read that they have the turret gun mounts removed and not a lot else done to them.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I'm glad your not a fan. The problem is though this will promote MORE terrorism. The "terrorist" have won cause everyone jumps every time someone farts. Freaking out and over reacting makes us look like FOOLS not heros.

Reports have come out recently stating there is NO credible terrist threat against the us some calm down.
There are not terrorist everywhere waiting to get us. If there were what are they waiting for?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
To all those laughing about the fact that I mentioned tanks were used in the manhunt, you need to educate yourselves.
www.ufppc.org...

Friday's large and militarized manhunt in Boston and environs was without precedent in American history. -- Armored tanks and vehicles, automatic weapons, SWAT teams, attack helicopters, thermal-imaging cameras, sharpshooters, police and FBI agents shut down an entire urban area, the Boston Herald said.[1] -- The Secret Service and a Navy bomb squad stationed in Newport, Rhode Island, were also involved, NPR said.[2] -- In addition to the cost of the vast deployment of forces, an economist estimated that the economic cost of shutting down Boston for a day was about $333 million, according to Bloomberg Businessweek.[3] -- The Boston metropolitan area provides "2 percent of the $45 billion in overall U.S. daily economic activity," the New York Daily News reported.[4] -- The London Daily Mail posted a collection of dramatic photographs of the event.[5]....

1. 'UNPRECEDENTED' SHOW OF FORCE
By Gary J. Remal

Boston Herald
April 20, 2013

bostonherald.com...

BOSTON -- Armored tanks, automatic weapons, SWAT teams, and a thermal-imaging camera on a helicopter were part of the massive arsenal that helped hunt down a 19-year-old college student wanted for bombing the Boston Marathon and killing a Massachusetts Institute of Technology policeman.

Just because there is an armored vehicle in the Op's photo doesn't mean there weren't tanks there. They were there. You folks are simply listening to just the MSM who isn't mentioning them. I'm pretty sure that if the Boston Herald is reporting that tanks were on the streets, you can safely assume they're not lying.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I would have put out APB and BOL for the seriously wounded brother. I would not have told the police to drive down residential streets pointing guns at innocent families. I would have cordoned the area off, meaning the use of roadblocks and checkpoints.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

If it was a last resort tactic, it makes perfect sense.

It was? Let's check, shall we:

Here's a question for those that have a huge issue with this pic:
Nope, no what if there. Let's go further:

What would you do if the shoe was on the other foot?
Nope, still no what if....

You are part of a tactical team tasked with catching someone who is willing to kill a lot of people. You are clearing a street. Suddenly, you see the curtain on a window pull back. You see a shadow of a figure through it. That figure raises something to eye level, pointed right at you.
Still looking for it....

Would you assume "oh, its just some guy taking a picture", or would you think "it is possible this is the suspect. I need to have him in my sights until I know it is safe". I mean really. Lets think for a second people.

Its funny. All of you over-emotional, 'ye-haw' folks are prone to resorting to lying to try and discredit a poster. Why is that I wonder....

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I would have put out APB and BOL for the seriously wounded brother. I would not have told the police to drive down residential streets pointing guns at innocent families. I would have cordoned the area off, meaning the use of roadblocks and checkpoints.

Fair enough. But if you were calling the shots would you want your officers to come out alive? What I mean is, I would make sure they had the best equipment for the situation, so they could go home at night.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with helping police but this situation imo did not warret 9k men by any strech of the imagination.
The fbi should have shut thier mouth and gone to thier homes and picked them up BEFORE they released the photos. There is just NO excuse. They allowed this to happen they were in charge of the scene

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu

I'm glad your not a fan. The problem is though this will promote MORE terrorism. The "terrorist" have won cause everyone jumps every time someone farts. Freaking out and over reacting makes us look like FOOLS not heros.

Reports have come out recently stating there is NO credible terrist threat against the us some calm down.
There are not terrorist everywhere waiting to get us. If there were what are they waiting for?

Sure does. You know what else makes everyone look like fools? Freaking out and overreacting in the opposite direction, as in "OMG, MARTIAL LAW!"

So calm down? Ive been quite calm this whole time, even while facing lies, ad hom attacks, ridicule, and many other less than savory attacks in this thread. Im not sure what you are asking me to calm down about.

When did I say that there were terrorists everywhere? What are you even talking about? Not sure if you are confusing my posts with someone else's, or are just plain confused, but Ive never said a thing about 'terrorists around every corner". In fact, if you go back in check, you'll have a heck of a hard time finding me using the word 'terrorist' anywhere.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Its too dangerous...

I apologize if this image has already been posted though even if it has, its probably worth a second look.

When I first saw it, I was at a loss for words.

Clearly, the photographer was using his camera, was that his crime, taking a pic?

Is the threat of lethal force appropriate for taking a picture?

There are a variety of suppositions and hypotheticals that we can discuss here but irregardless, IMHO "America" is heading down a very disturbing path...

edit on 27-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

is heading???????? bit late for "is heading" I am afraid...That path is already open

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Here, I will make it big for you, it was the portion of the first sentence after the colon.

WHAT would you do IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT?

It IS a 'WHAT IF'!

ETA: and you call me a liar?
edit on 28-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

link   
And what would happen to the little boy who looked out his bedroom window and saw the guy with the gun and thought it fun to pull out his toy gun to play cowboys and Indians?

edit on 28-4-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ivbnu

I don't have a problem with helping police but this situation imo did not warret 9k men by any strech of the imagination.
The fbi should have shut thier mouth and gone to thier homes and picked them up BEFORE they released the photos. There is just NO excuse. They allowed this to happen they were in charge of the scene
Are you deliberately distorting the sequence of events, or are you really that confused about what happened? They asked for help in identifying the suspects. Meaning they did not know who they were are where they were. The next contact they had was 7/11 cam photos and then the murder at MIT.

At what point do you think they had the chance to go and quietly pick them up?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

National Guard is absolutely allowed on US streets.

And they're the military in all but name.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Here, I will make it big for you, it was the portion of the first sentence after the colon.

WHAT would you do IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT?

It IS a 'WHAT IF'!

No, it says what would you do, just like you quoted. Bolding certain words in a sentence does not change that sentence.

Now please stop attempting to derail the thread with lies.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

National Guard is absolutely allowed on US streets.

And they're the military in all but name.
Yeah, they are. That doesnt mean its illegal

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join