It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I thought the military weren't allowed on U.S. streets?

They sure look like the military to me in that picture. The police in the U.S. have been so militarised there's not much distinction with equipment like that.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

They sure look like the military to me in that picture. The police in the U.S. have been so militarised there's not much distinction with equipment like that.

DHS is funding the purchase of military gear by Bay Area police departments. Critics of the program say the money allocated for the war on terror is blurring the line between local law enforcement focusing on crime fighting and soldiers fighting in an enemy war zone.

It's DHS

The agencies, however, are also using the money for staff, training, outreach, and military-grade equipment for law enforcement. “We try to prepare our community for any disaster,” Craig Dziedzic, Bay Area UASI general manager, told the Times. “The top priority is still to protect the community. That hasn’t changed at all. … But in order to be funded, you need a nexus to terrorism.”

www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com...
edit on 28-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Amen Brother! Its looking pretty grim. I have two kids and it makes me sick that this is considered good and soon to become normal.
I guess being normal in a sick world isn't much to aspire to.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Yet the stencil on the side of the Humvee reads 'Military Police'.
Is DHS part of the military now?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

For all intensive purposes against terror, yes. Not saying I agree or not but it's the way it is now.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Yes you are right it IS a holy war and the COPS are on the wrong side. They are all good men doing what they think is the right thing but they are WRONG. More violence will NEVER stop violence. Humansare just too stupid to realize it cause big daddy gov. has said tey can provide security when they never can because they unwhittingly endorse everyday.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

For all intensive purposes against terror, yes. Not saying I agree or not but it's the way it is now.

There have been threads about the DHS military vehicles before, and all the pics of what they say are DHS equipment have Department of Homeland Security logos painted on them.
Maybe they can't afford to label them properly any more?

Or maybe it was an actual military Humvee!

If it said department of water and sewers on the side.... would you automatically think that it was DHS?

edit on 28-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
#BostonStrong ???

#BostonWrong-UnbelievablyWeak-SettingIncrediblyDangerousPrecedent-InAOncePridefulCity

Know that we, in less neutered parts of this country, watched in disgust as you cheered.
I have lived in Boston, so this is far from blind criticism from my end..

To the poster (Bone75) who wrote:

Whether you like it or not, we are in the middle of a holy war that has been waged upon us by radical islamists. It was an act of war and it was DEALT WITH by the proper authorities.

WRONG!

I'll take the 19yo cookery-wielding Chechen any day of the week. Not a$$hats aiming MP5's in my kids' windows.

You'd better not venture anywhere north of Rampart St. down in the Big Easy.

You'd be recommending that the entire forces of NATO be called in to establish “safety”.

edit on 28-4-2013 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

You bring up some very good points but in my opinion that steers attention away from the real problem. First the innercity "condition" was also manufactured to keep people in line. Crack coc aine, which started the plauge, is imo a cia product.
The whole entire system is set up as a control mechanism, this is just the next step and sadly more voilence is what people want, so shall they get.
To kill a snake cut its head off, don't feed it plump mice to eat.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

More important, I believe, is whether a civilian under a citywide lockdown is required to be able to identify the military vehicle as a tank, armored personnel carrier, etc in order to be justified in feeling threatened. Are they?

No, of course it's not required. But if they think a TANK is driving up and down their street, they have more reason to fear a military or police presence in their town.

If this lock-down hadn't happened and the brothers Tsarnaev had been permitted to continue their crimes to the extent they had originally planned, we'd be hearing a whole different criticism of the police action (or inaction) in this case.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 3mperorConstantinE

I agree with you it is stupid to claim 'Islamist". Why don't poeple look at who gains from it. Its never the supposed terrorist.
Every single time something happens its always "we need more guns,more money, more control over you, more intrusion in your life.
WHO ALWAYS WINS?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

There have been threads about the DHS military vehicles before, and all the pics of what they say are DHS equipment have Department of Homeland Security logos painted on them.
Maybe they can't afford to label them properly any more?

Or maybe it was an actual military Humvee!

If it said department of water and sewers on the side.... would you automatically think that it was DHS?

edit on 28-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

If you are alluding to them grabbing military equipment, what's the difference of the logo, it's a military vehicle. That I will agree with.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The lockdown did not have any effect on the elder brother. He was deceased when it began. If the lockdown had not occurred at all the other brother would have been apprehended in likely the same fashion or would have died in the boat.

The lockdown actually began an hour after police came out with Dzohkar's name. Why did they wait an hour if this lockdown was so effing necessary and important?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

That is Martial law,. I thought America had procedures to prevent a military takeover of society indeed it was one of the reasons the civilian intelligence agency's were founded and for using the threat of lethal force against citizens in there own home's should the FBI not investigate what is actually a breech of civil authority and right's by the military and at least arrest the commanding officer and the soldier whom caused this infraction for questioning, I understand the complexity of compartmentalised governance but the FBI in particular has a mandate that in the correct hand's makes them UNTOUCHABLE should they choose to use that as is there agency's right, indeed one of there first roles was the countering of corruption and arrest of high ranking political and police figures whom were breeching your law's.

I am not American though and am merely venturing a disgusted opinion, that is all you need a trigger happy soldier killing civilians in there own home.
edit on 28-4-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu
reply to post by 3mperorConstantinE

I agree with you it is stupid to claim 'Islamist". Why don't poeple look at who gains from it. Its never the supposed terrorist.
Every single time something happens its always "we need more guns,more money, more control over you, more intrusion in your life.
WHO ALWAYS WINS?

SSHHHUUSSHHH, you making too much sense in all of your posts, soon even a stray mod will attempt to say that emotionally driven rhetoric is more important than facts.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Where do you get your information that they were going to carry out more destruction? I'm not trying to be a pain but i guess for some reason I have trust issues. Do you think the police would have admitted they had an hour long gun fight with an unarmed man, if no one was around to see it? ( i admittedly have no idea where this info came from). Just wondering.
I filled my pc with rocks to see how far I could thrw it. Not too affective.
Anyway are you relying solely on police and fbi? So.........thier word?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Whos society. This isn't standard procedure in our country. This is something thy are trying to introduce and get us used to. I don't want to live in a society where this is normal.
And don't say " if you don't like leave" cause its not like i'm rejecting something "normal". Military police on the streets no matter how scared YOU are isn't benificial to a free society.

Is it normal, though? This was a very extreme circumstance. As I said earlier in the thread, this starts to happen in lesser events, You'll see me change my tune quickly. But this was extreme, from all sides.

And the truth is, I find the response horrifying. To bring in national guard, DHS, the FBI, etc, to catch one person, is over the top to the max. I fear for our future if we allow this to become a norm in criminal chases.

But there is far more to this than meets the eye. As has already said, this is political. And its even more than that. There HAD to be a show of force, as a deterrent to those that would try things like this in the future.

For the record, I am not scared. those running around making baseless accusations, screaming 'martial law!', using sensationalism, etc, are quite obviously scared.

Me? I'm sitting back and looking at the situation as a whole, and analyzing it.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

National Guard is absolutely allowed on US streets.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Logos are important.
That is how we identify things. The term 'military police' actually means something. It refers to departments in the branches of the military when we are speaking of the US. That vehicle was labeled military police. It may have been a National Guard vehicle, which would not be surprising, as it is said that they were activated. I just am not convinced that this vehicle is DHS.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The lockdown actually began an hour after police came out with Dzohkar's name. Why did they wait an hour if this lockdown was so effing necessary and important?
Perhaps because they knew it was an extreme measure, was a lot to ask of the people, and that there would be people out there itching to act in a foolish manner just to prove they dont have to listen?

Just postulating...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join