It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illegal Alien Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
If all illegal aliens are granted amnesty, will it stop there? Will more flock here or will the problem be solved? How many jobs will be lost? Have many jobs will be created? What will be the official unemployment number? Will the influx of these immigrants cause a greater number of people to be placed on unemployment and other forms of welfare?

I don't understand why we have to change a system where laws are already in place. There are plenty of Legal Immigrants (or should I say Proud Americans) who have worked their butts off to become a citizen of this country. Hell, many have even joined the military and sacrificed their lives to this country in hopes that they could be granted citizenship.

I understand a millions of Americans immigrated here a hundred years ago when the world economy wasn't as complex as it is today. The fact of the matter is, the population has tripled since the year 1900 (76.2 million) when comparing it to today's population (313.9 million). Our nation can barely support its citizens as it currently stands.

I'd love to believe in the idealistic thought that everyone belongs to planet earth and should share their resources accordingly. However, the world is nothing more than a place of UNLIMITED wants/desires with only a LIMITED amount of resources.
edit on 4/27/13 by SmoothRhythm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You are adorable. Nice to meet the real you.

Yeah, we will just agree to disagree.

Betcha we have more in common than we don't

Sleep tight.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
If they're willing to break the law to come here, what other laws are they willing to break, once they're here?

Now excuse me while I disregard my neighbor's 'NO TRESPASSING' sign, and make myself at home on his lawn. And then b***tch when law enforcement arrives and DEPORTS my ass back behind the fence. "I obviously don't give a s***hit about your laws, so I'll just burglarize my way in instead."
edit on 27-4-2013 by Solarfall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Small problem with your logic. The only one of those rights in your list is a federal level ban, and it isn't voting or serving on a jury. I really hate it when the roundheads start talking about what rights a felon does or does not have without even doing the most basic of research.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarfall
If they're willing to break the law to come here, what other laws are they willing to break, once they're here?

Now excuse me while I disregard my neighbor's 'NO TRESPASSING' sign, and make myself at home on his lawn. And then b***tch when law enforcement arrives and DEPORTS my ass back behind the fence. "I obviously don't give a s***hit about your laws, so I'll just burglarize my way in instead."

That's an unfair analogy. This one is better: Your lawn is raging on fire, so you run to your neighbor's lawn to escape with your life. Then, your neighbor calls law enforcement to kick you back over to your raging fire - because they don't give a crap about you.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

I typically hear "our jobs are being taken".

But I have yet to see an illegal alien working as a nurse, or a book keeper. The typical job is housekeeper in a hotel, or for the males, working a ranch or oilfield crew. In the state of Texas we have very low unemployment, and actually need the additional labor to provide the energy for the rest of the nation (our wind and oil is big).

Funny thing, though....i rarely hear about the Canadian and Philipino nurses that are here working, "taking our jobs". Nursing is a good, solid job. It isn't like housekeeping which lacks reward to esteem or finances.

This argument IS about Mexicans. I don't think it is racism But who knows.

For what it is worth, though....i would hang out with a group of "beaners" any day. Those are my people.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I used to run a 400 seat bilingual call center. I say "USED TO" because we closed. The reason being, we couldn't find enough staff, and our client went overseas.

I even tried to get a VISA sponsorship program going so I could recruit from Mexico. Not only was that disallowed, but I wasn't allowed to hire anyone here who didn't have a valid SS.

So, we lost a 400 seat call center in our small town. The country lost the revenue, while Panama benefitted from the movement of business to them.

ICE raids the more eggregious places. But where the rubber meets the road, it is often that they are taking jobs that no one else wants That is, unless you think anyone you know would chop cotton for 8 hours, or gin cotton for 12 hours a day.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
"Americans" are themselves illegal immigrants to the Natives...

Hypocrisy at the highest level in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I got a better idea. How about make a big announcement that every illegal alien will be able to gain citizenship all they have to do is show up at so and so place and fill out some papers. Have a bunch of buses parked in the back and after they start showing up deport their sorry asses back to mexico.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by llBll

Not true. The Native Americans had varying notions of "rule of law" and land ownership/borders, many of which were hardly existant in either case.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
bbbbbut the cost of food will skyrocket!
And who will clean my pool?
Sensible suggestion, especially the no voting rights part.
Suddenly the immigration laws would start getting enforced I have a feeling.
You forgot we need to close the loophole for more family members to enter though.......
Failure to do so could double the illegal population.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
reply to post by beezzer

why not make it a free world and travel as you please? would you wanted to be treated as a felon if you decided to move over seas?

I'm treated as a felon if I decide to move house, without the current new house owners permission.

Why should a country be any different?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Well said.
Criminalizing refugees?
I'm having a hard time believing anyone would want that.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by kaylaluv

Well said.
Criminalizing refugees?
I'm having a hard time believing anyone would want that.

It's not difficult to do if you only see the world in black and white

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have a solution to the illegal immigrant problem.

We fail at solving this because if they are caught here, they are shipped back to their country of origin, this obviously doesn't work because they got here to begin with from their country of origin.

So, we send them to countries that we don't like! N. Korea, Iran, etc. That way, they are far less likely to return to America from these places and the leaders of those countries will have to deal with the influx of these people.

This would also act as a deterrent, if word got out that if you are caught in America illegally you would be sent to some horrible place on Earth, they probably would be less likely to come here to begin with.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Two words: Soylent Green!!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by Solarfall

That's an unfair analogy. This one is better: Your lawn is raging on fire, so you run to your neighbor's lawn to escape with your life. Then, your neighbor calls law enforcement to kick you back over to your raging fire - because they don't give a crap about you.

Not a good analogy either.

Perhaps you are living in your home but there is no food and no work. So you go next door and eat their apples, but while you are at it you cut their lawn for them. Then the police show up.....

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by llBll
"Americans" are themselves illegal immigrants to the Natives...

Hypocrisy at the highest level in my opinion.

Everytime I hear that argument I also hear...

I'm also fond of saying that I am as Native American as Geronimo. I was born here after all.

I am fully cognizant of the past as well.

I’m curious, where would I go if the U.S. were to be returned to the 100% Americans, and how many are there really left?

I’m Czech, German, Scottish and even a smidgen African (though you would never know it).

Most Americans (to include Mexicans and Canadians) these days are mutts. A very hearty breed in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
reply to post by beezzer

why not make it a free world and travel as you please? would you wanted to be treated as a felon if you decided to move over seas?

I'm treated as a felon if I decide to move house, without the current new house owners permission.

Why should a country be any different?

THis is not exactly true. You may or may not be American....I am unsure. But in the US, there are varying degrees of "squatters rights".

There was just that story about that guy in Florida who moved into a mansion and stayed. It took quite a bit of time to have him removed. And he was not arrested.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
What I find amazing is that the Mexicans are somehow more important than anyone else trying to immigrate,

Everyone else wanting in this country has to wait years and go through ridiculous red tape, but when it comes to the Mexicans, well hell, just sneak across the border and crank out nine kids, and everything is peachy.

The solution is to build a fence from San Diego to Brownsville, Texas. Gun towers every half mile or so. Seismic monitors to detect any tunneling going on. Infrared monitors pointing either way down the fence line.

And you also crush businesses that employ illegal aliens with escalating fines.

I don't want to hear the nonsense that "Oh they do work no one else will do!"

Bull.

As a teenager, not coming from a well off family, if I wanted the latest, hip, pair of shoes I had to pay for them myself. I washed dishes, delivered papers and picked Strawberries at a local berry farm. And I wasn't the only high school student at these jobs.

I bought my first piece of crap 1972 Pontiac Ventura for $300 with this money, that eventually started on fire because the fuel line to the carb was leaking fuel all over the engine block.

So I don't want to hear this crap about how nobody but Illegals wash dishes or pick berries. There are plenty of teens out there that, if they want something, they will work for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join