It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illegal Alien Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You got me way wrong. You don't think I feel for the poor of the country?? I feel for all poor people irrespective of their nationalities.

If the companies were hiring them instead of good ol white folk it was probably cuz they got away with paying them less than minimum wage.

I am not blind to the economic realities that this country faces right now. Your anger is directed at the wrong person.

If all you have in your area are minimum wage jobs, I am sorry. That sucks. But, why would an employer hire an illegal over a US citizen? Think about that for a minute and get back.

Maybe you are angry at the wrong people? Ever think of that?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Are you in California or some bordering state? There is no need to answer if you are uncomfortable giving an answer, I am just curious as to weather Geography plays any role.
Also, what is the prejudice based on? As far as Color, Culture, or is it just the fact that they are coming here to find jobs?
On a side note Psychologically speaking, someone who is prejudice like that finds themselves to be "Holier Than Thou". That type of person is Not going to be looking for a job that consists of less than desirable labor. It is beyond them. So, my point is really a question, Why does someone get mad that "Illegal Immigrants" are coming into OUR Country to take the jobs NOBODY Wants. . .. ?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Yes, I am a Californian. And perhaps you got my posts switched up in your head with someone else. I am not trippin on the Mexican population.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

You got me way wrong. You don't think I feel for the poor of the country?? I feel for all poor people irrespective of their nationalities.

If the companies were hiring them instead of good ol white folk it was probably cuz they got away with paying them less than minimum wage.

I am not blind to the economic realities that this country faces right now. Your anger is directed at the wrong person.

If all you have in your area are minimum wage jobs, I am sorry. That sucks. But, why would an employer hire an illegal over a US citizen? Think about that for a minute and get back.

Maybe you are angry at the wrong people? Ever think of that?

Though I blame corporations for hiring illegals for less and treating them as less, the illegals are not completely blameless. I resent the fact that so many of my former co-workers were so deceitful and recieving benefits through deciet. They were not poor! They took advantage. We have people having to wait years for cheap housing while these people lie and live on easy street. When I asked them why they would do such a thing, one lady said, "Because America is stupid." She said, "You could do the same thing!"

Many are only here to make the bucks and return to their home countries better off. We are being used! I'm not saying all, but many. They cry poverty yet it cost them money to come here illegally. When you are poor,you are in debt, you don't have a spare penny!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I am not calling you a liar, but what you reported reminds me eerily of chain emails I see in my husband's inbox from his Rush Limbaugh loving friends and family.

So are you telling me that they get subsidized housing as an illegal, is that what you are saying? And they come here for the food stamps? Oh, yeah, and they think we are stupid?

Wow. This sounds like a radio show I once listened to.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Are you in California or some bordering state? There is no need to answer if you are uncomfortable giving an answer, I am just curious as to weather Geography plays any role.
Also, what is the prejudice based on? As far as Color, Culture, or is it just the fact that they are coming here to find jobs?
On a side note Psychologically speaking, someone who is prejudice like that finds themselves to be "Holier Than Thou". That type of person is Not going to be looking for a job that consists of less than desirable labor. It is beyond them. So, my point is really a question, Why does someone get mad that "Illegal Immigrants" are coming into OUR Country to take the jobs NOBODY Wants. . .. ?

They are not just taking the jobs that nobody wants!!!!!!!! As I have said earlier, when ICE used to do raids on places and deported the illegals, every single position was then filled quickly and easily by citizens!!!

Believe me, if you have a hungry family to feed, there is no job that is beneath you.

No one cares what color, what culture they are, that has nothing to do with this.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I am not calling you a liar, but what you reported reminds me eerily of chain emails I see in my husband's inbox from his Rush Limbaugh loving friends and family.

So are you telling me that they get subsidized housing as an illegal, is that what you are saying? And they come here for the food stamps? Oh, yeah, and they think we are stupid?

Wow. This sounds like a radio show I once listened to.

It is the absolute truth, believe it or not. Why else would I be upset????

We used to have some intense conversations when they would speak english that is. I asked them if they were trying for their citizenship, Only a couple were. The others said they 'get more' by being illegal. Some said they had no intention of staying, just saving money because ours is worth a LOT more in their home country.

Just pointing out that it isn't just poor starving folk who are coming here. I have yet to meet a starving illegal.

If each country took care of its own, we wouldn't have poor struggling and suffering people all over the world. If America could help them all, we would, but we can't. We don't even care for many of our own.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by muse7
Why not also make them wear a green star on their right sleeve while we're at it?

They want citizenship? Give it to them.
But since they did it "illegally" then they should pay the price!

Wait a sec - I hope you're not proposing you put them in jail (coz the it's paid for by taxpayers!! nonsense)
ad I hope you understand then when people aren't allowed to live 'normally' then they might turn to crime out of desparation or become one of those druggie-ghettoes where baddies force drugs and other things in.

So, better just give them full amnesty but tax the living # out of them for say, 5 years - after that, they're 'home free' and can be just normal citizens like everybody else. I agree that it should be difficult for an illegal to get firearms because just in case they have a criminal idea it would be harder for them to implement it, on the other hand, just because someone's a native-born or naturalized citizen doesn't mean they only buy guns for noble purposes such as self-defense!!

I used to be a big fan of a borderless world, but due to the malintent of TPTB it might just become a nightmare instead of a big ol' village where everyone goes where they might find happiness & a chance to build prosperity.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I have seen many struggling and hungry kids and families. Most of them don't even have computers for their kids to do their homework on which most teachers have went to online formats. I see them walk their kids to school while their husbands ride a bike to work.

I see them. You don't. You probably wouldn't let yourself.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I have seen many struggling and hungry kids and families. Most of them don't even have computers for their kids to do their homework on which most teachers have went to online formats. I see them walk their kids to school while their husbands ride a bike to work.

I see them. You don't. You probably wouldn't let yourself.

Was I supposed to dignify that with a reply? It was rather childish and uncalled for. I shared my experiences with all honesty. First you pull the race card, then you doubt my honesty and now just assume things. You know, if I were so racist, I could have easily turned in every illegal co-worker I ever worked beside, but I didn't. Please think before posting. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

No Night Star you didn't have to reply. But since you did, I will respond. I don't believe you. I think you are a racist and are making stuff up or repeating something from a chain email or hate radio program. That is my opinion, I am entitled to it.

There aren't any "mexicans" causing havoc here in the land of illegal immigration, California.

And by the way, I am in Cabo in the picture. I was drinking a Tecate. I am not hispanic, I just died my hair dark for a while.

edit on 27-4-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
legal immigrationreply to post by beezzer

Beezzer, I like you and all but I have to really question your logic here. I’m not sure if you’re confusing legitimate refugees who show up with a sad story and ask (legally) for refuge with criminals who are just taking advantage of the U.S., but I’m going to focus on the issue of illegal immigrants receiving amnesty. If illegal immigration is OK with you and you think that should be rewarded (or that it's OK if it is,) then I have some questions for you:

1. Where do you draw the line? If the line is no longer drawn at legal immigration, then where and when is it to be drawn? Today? For those who have been here x-many years? How about all the others, and what if they refuse to leave? What about the more to come? Is there a number of illegal immigrants that you would consider to be enough? 10 million? 1 billion? 10 billion? Really, that deserves an answer.

Call me crazy, but I think legal immigration is a rather good place to draw the line. If Americans feel that they can allow in more immigrants, that there are plenty of jobs available for more people to take, then the amount of immigrants allowed in could be extended. Of course, this isn't exactly the case, is it?

2. How do you propose to settle all the stolen ID’s that they’ve taken (mostly from American children?) Would you suggest a law be passed that would allow them to admit to this and hand over the ID’s they’ve taken without legal charges being pressed against them? Of course, all legal and financial strain on resolving the mistreatment of people’s ID’s would fall on some government department, at the taxpayers’ expense.

3. How do you suggest going about dealing with the huge boost in criminality in the States due to accepting the illegals? Some of them may be fairly decent people who just broke the law in this one way, but many others are thieves, murderers, rapists, hit-and-runner types, drug dealers, child molesters, etc. Breaking into a country and purchasing false ID’s is criminal and so, obviously, many criminals are taking advantage of the privilege which Bush and Obama have allowed them (solely for the benefit of big corporate interests of course.) Also, how does allowing them to get away with breaking the law and then rewarding them by making them citizens discourage criminal behavior? It seems to me that criminality will just continue to escalate.

4. How do you intend to deport all the friends and family members of those who receive amnesty who did not also qualify for it? Would you deport people below or above a certain age? If so, would that include their caretakers? If so, if more sneak in with more children and/or elderly, they can stay also?

5. How is it fair for those who are trying to get into the States legally to be with family, etc? And how could you expect them, or anyone else, to ever bother to pursue it the legal way? Or do you consider legal immigration obsolete?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

No Night Star you didn't have to reply. But since you did, I will respond. I don't believe you. I think you are a racist and are making stuff up or repeating something from a chain email or hate radio program. That is my opinion, I am entitled to it.

There aren't any "mexicans" causing havoc here in the land of illegal immigration, California.

I never brought up mexicans. Illegals come from all over the world. What would be the point of being dishonest? I have always shared my thoughts, opinions and experiences with honesty and wouldn't have it any other way. yes, you ceratinly are entitled to your opinion, wrong as it may be.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

And by the way, I am in Cabo in the picture. I was drinking a Tecate. I am not hispanic, I just died my hair dark for a while.

I actually know Night Star very well and she is one of the kindest, most compassionate human beings that I have ever known. This makes responding to your post very difficult to do politely, but I will try. Calling someone racist is no small thing. You should take more consideration before doing this than the fact that something they said somehow reminds you of some emails you've received which you felt to be discriminate. I think you should learn to consider the other side of an argument a little more seriously and not be so quick to write off another human being so easily. Your comment was not appropriate.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

I respect that and I will take that into consideration. It is a very emotional subject for most people that have participated in this thread.

I don't know her, you are right. Perhaps I was just a little too harsh. For that I will apologize.

We are all human and we make mistakes.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I apologize Night Star. That really wasn't fair to characterize you as I did. I am so used to the racists that I am surrounded by that piss me off to no end.

However, to be honest, I did think you were talking about Mexicans. If I was wrong I apologize again.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

I respect that and I will take that into consideration. It is a very emotional subject for most people that have participated in this thread.

I don't know her, you are right. Perhaps I was just a little too harsh. For that I will apologize.

We are all human and we make mistakes.

Apology accepted. I realize this is an emotionally charged subject and everyone has their opinions. Thank you. Off to bed now.

link   

Thank you.

link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2
legal immigrationreply to post by beezzer

1. Where do you draw the line? If the line is no longer drawn at legal immigration, then where and when is it to be drawn? Today? For those who have been here x-many years? How about all the others, and what if they refuse to leave? What about the more to come? Is there a number of illegal immigrants that you would consider to be enough? 10 million? 1 billion? 10 billion? Really, that deserves an answer.

Legal immigration should remain the same. Illegal immigration should be dealt with. Grant a type of amnesty but limit the rights allowed by punishing those who came here illegally with a denial to 1)vote, 2)own a firearm, 3)any other punitive measures reserved towards ex-felons.

2. How do you propose to settle all the stolen ID’s that they’ve taken (mostly from American children?) Would you suggest a law be passed that would allow them to admit to this and hand over the ID’s they’ve taken without legal charges being pressed against them? Of course, all legal and financial strain on resolving the mistreatment of people’s ID’s would fall on some government department, at the taxpayers’ expense

Legal, punitive measures should be taken if someone breaks the law. Granting a form of amnesty would be the only allowance I would assume, anything else gets punished.

3. How do you suggest going about dealing with the huge boost in criminality in the States due to accepting the illegals? Some of them may be fairly decent people who just broke the law in this one way, but many others are thieves, murderers, rapists, hit-and-runner types, drug dealers, child molesters, etc. Breaking into a country and purchasing false ID’s is criminal and so, obviously, many criminals are taking advantage of the privilege which Bush and Obama have allowed them (solely for the benefit of big corporate interests of course.) Also, how does allowing them to get away with breaking the law and then rewarding them by making them citizens discourage criminal behavior? It seems to me that criminality will just continue to escalate.

They are here now, in our communities now. I would like to think that most don't break the law on a continued basis.

4. How do you intend to deport all the friends and family members of those who receive amnesty who did not also qualify for it? Would you deport people below or above a certain age? If so, would that include their caretakers? If so, if more sneak in with more children and/or elderly, they can stay also?

Anyone who breaks the law (after amnesty) should be punished. All previous laws should be followed.

5. How is it fair for those who are trying to get into the States legally to be with family, etc? And how could you expect them, or anyone else, to ever bother to pursue it the legal way? Or do you consider legal immigration obsolete?

Legal immigrants gets all rights afforded to them.

Illegal immigrants get limited rights, the same as anyone who was released from prison after committing a crime.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I apologize Night Star. That really wasn't fair to characterize you as I did. I am so used to the racists that I am surrounded by that piss me off to no end.

However, to be honest, I did think you were talking about Mexicans. If I was wrong I apologize again.

Only some were Mexicans.
We also had a lot of Asians and Africans etc.
I get defensive sometimes because I'm so used to pro-amnesty people assuming that anyone who is against it is racist and it is so unfair. Well, thanks again,much appreciated. We have different views on the subject, but sometimes it's ok to agree to disagree. Goodnight. Ahhhhhhhh it's early morning I never slept!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join