It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illegal Alien Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yeah, I went there.

Illegal aliens. "Undocumented Individuals".

We sure do have an issue about it in America. Well, I have a solution that'll irritate the snot out of EVERYONE!

Beezzer's Solution to Illegal Aliens

1. Complete amnesty.
-WTF? Yes. Complete amnesty. For everyone. *ta-daaa!*

BUT!

2. Since they came illegally, treat them as felons. No voting rights. No rights to own a firearm. Can't serve on a jury.

Anyway, just a random or not so random thought to kick off a Friday!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

why not make it a free world and travel as you please? would you wanted to be treated as a felon if you decided to move over seas?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Why not also make them wear a green star on their right sleeve while we're at it?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

I can't call the shots for the planet. Plus that kinda smells like a One-world-order type of deal.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why not also make them wear a green star on their right sleeve while we're at it?

They want citizenship? Give it to them.

But since they did it "illegally" then they should pay the price!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

So paying back taxes, a fine and making them wait in line behind applicants who did it the right way is not enough?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beez~ You crack me up.... With that~ I like your style.... I like your swagger!~ Great way to start a Friday!~

I AGREE~

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

So paying back taxes, a fine and making them wait in line behind applicants who did it the right way is not enough?

Hey, if you're all for not punishing crimes, then rock on! I'm offering at least a solution that isn't politically motivated.

If you don't feel that criminals should be punished, then just say so.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yes only if all "illegally" came immigrants to what now called the united states treated as felons. The country would be full of em!

I just say grant them Citizenship, make them appear on the grid like the rest of us, that is enough punishment for them.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I just say grant them Citizenship, make them appear on the grid like the rest of us, that is enough punishment for them.

It's so true ~

I'd take it farther and say no more perks for them either. If you want to make it, join the grind like the rest of the law abiding, tax paying citizens.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Amnesty is nothing more than taking poor people who came here illegally and using them as a political tool.

I'm just removing the political motivation and making it more about treating people fairly.

If they came to the US illegally, that makes them criminals. Grant amnesty but make them pay for their past transgressions.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Hey, if you're all for not punishing crimes, then rock on! I'm offering at least a solution that isn't politically motivated.

If you don't feel that criminals should be punished, then just say so.

I believe in giving people second chances to prove that they can be productive members of our country. Instead of focusing on how we can socially chastise a group of people to make them feel like second class citizens, we should be focusing on finding a humane solution to our immigration problem. A solution that won't tear apart families and will give people an opportunity to come out of the shadows.
edit on 4/26/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/26/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Then why is this so terrible? They broke the law. They receive punishment in the form of restricted rights, but they are able to live, work and be productive members of society!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

According to the Associated Press, last week they declared a new standard in that they Now refer to "Illegal Aliens" as "Immigrants that are in the country Illegally"

The reasoning is that they are afraid they are hurting the immigrants feeling when they call them illegal. AND, it might make them feel badly, like they are criminals.

I really don’t understand it. It makes no sense as the term “Illegal” is still in the phrase.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I see what you are doing here... you don't them voting because they would never vote for a party that don't cater to them? now come on..

ALL Political party cater to specific people.

There is the religious tool

There is the race tool

There is the class tool

and many more!

Its like me saying politicians that use god should be treated as felons because they are recruiting religious folks to vote for them, thus religious folks can't vote...due to conflict of interest!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Most of y'all are too young to remember the first time amnesty was given, by President Reagan in 1986.

Amnesty often has been given to individual illegal immigrants who otherwise would have been deported. However, there never was any large-scale, group amnesty given in the U.S. until 1986. The 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act gave amnesty to roughly 2.8 million illegal aliens. At least six other group amnesties have been granted since then, sometimes to specific nationalities. For example, almost 1 million Central American illegal immigrants were granted amnesty in 1997 and 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti received amnesty in 1998.

curiosity.discovery.com...

Has this curbed illegal immigration, or has it fostered it? Why do we have immigration laws if we're going to just toss them out and allow whole groups of illegals to not be punished for breaking the law?

I see this as a boon for business owners who hire these people under the table, pay no taxes and no benefits, and pocket the profits.

Although it severely chaps my hide to see this amnesty B.S. continue to be used as a way for sleazy politicians to win votes for their party, and the fact that my own parents had to immigrate as per US law and would have been tossed back over the ocean had they broken them, I see US policy working as a carrot on a stick for these people.

I think punishing the large business owners and corporate farming operations will be the only way to stop the flood, because our laws certainly aren't deterrent enough.

If we were to throw every illegal in jail, well...there just wouldn't be enough jail cells to hold them all. That's how freaking porous our borders are.

I'd like to see them all sent back to where they came from, but they'd just walk right back over.

Punish the businesses who hire them and screw over American workers like the traitors that they are, and you'll see this problem dry up and blow away. And DON'T give me that line that they do jobs Americans refuse to do, that's total crap, a lie pushed by these very businesses and politicians who stand to gain from this insanity.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by beezzer

According to the Associated Press, last week they declared a new standard in that they Now refer to "Illegal Aliens" as "Immigrants that are in the country Illegally"

The reasoning is that they are afraid they are hurting the immigrants feeling when they call them illegal. AND, it might make them feel badly, like they are criminals.

I really don’t understand it. It makes no sense as the term “Illegal” is still in the phrase.

They commit a crime and we're worried about hurt feelings?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I don't want politicians doing something JUST for votes

I want politicians to do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by muse7

Then why is this so terrible? They broke the law. They receive punishment in the form of restricted rights, but they are able to live, work and be productive members of society!

It's terrible because it would create a whole class of second grade citizens.

Do you honestly think that it's reasonable to group immigrants that came here seeking a better life and to escape whatever hardships they were facing at home, with rapists, murderers etc?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

So a citizen with the same rights as a felon free from jail is worse than being an illegal alien?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join