It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston is a Farce to Take your Rights Away

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckrogerstime

Originally posted by stussy123
You're the main one. That guy in the wheelchair is sitting up with 2 legs blown off. The helpers have no blood on them . No blood on the wheelchair. He's grasping his leg. No tourniquet. There are arteries in the leg you know. Somebody posted a very nice sequence of frames that shows that guy with a hood on and glasses clearly putting on prosthetics. No blood!!! I may be only 19 but Im not stupid. Why is it that the guy with the missing legs is thought to be an ex marine that lost both legs. Looks just like him. But im supposed to ignore that comparison but look at the suspect's comparison with pics of them on the scene and pics of them in life. Im impartial. And like I said Im not dumb

I know you're 19, and so you've led a pretty full life. Tell me: do you have a lot of experience with getting your legs blown off at point-blank range? Where was the blood when it happened?

Also, I'm sure you realize there is blood all over Jeff Bauman in that photograph.

Sir I have not seen a lot but I go to UCLA and have talked to EMTs and current Med majors. He would've been bleeding out in that pic. All I know is you cant explain that one pic. And if you cant explain Im inclined to believe its fake. Hey all I am is a Pre-Pharmacy major. But I grew up in Los Angeles around gang violence. While I have never seen legs blown off, Ive seen gruesome shootings that involved more blood than this injury.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You're the main one. That guy in the wheelchair is sitting up with 2 legs blown off. The helpers have no blood on them . No blood on the wheelchair. He's grasping his leg. No tourniquet. There are arteries in the leg you know. Somebody posted a very nice sequence of frames that shows that guy with a hood on and glasses clearly putting on prosthetics. No blood!!! I may be only 19 but Im not stupid. Why is it that the guy with the missing legs is thought to be an ex marine that lost both legs. Looks just like him. But im supposed to ignore that comparison but look at the suspect's comparison with pics of them on the scene and pics of them in life. Im impartial. And like I said Im not dumb

Come to the hospital where I work, I will give you the address, and ask any of the ER\Trauma Docs and Nurses their thoughts on that photo. Good thing I didn't do that before I left work over the last few days so you can blow me away with your impartial knowledge.

Exactly who do you think the guy in the photo is? Certainly not the person this article is about..his parents are obviously liars.

www.philly.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Im starting to think some people are in denial. They have no substantial argument to the many questions we have. Nobody hasn't explained the guy with the fake legs blown off injury. Nobody has explained why they said these 2 people robbed a 7/11 and shot a traffic cop then the story changed to it was 2 African American gangmembers but the Chechens were there too. What about the guy that was running with the ripped up shorts? What about the names we were given at first and they tied the picture to the names then switched them? Do you have concrete proof they were throwing grenades and IEDs out the window? No you were told that. The people who says there was no govt involvement has no arguments.

I know right..just as frustrating as the people that think they know for a fact that the guy in the crowd didn't have his legs blown off..Or the photo of the alleged guy smiling? or how their was Martial Law declared even though their wasn't. Or how the Police terrorized Boston. Or how the suspect is only a poor 19 year old victim. Or how the suspect was going to be killed in the shoot out because it's a govt act.

You're comparing suppositions made on a website with statements, photographs and videos offered by major media outlets and law enforcement agencies. That's a classic false equivalency.

Without resorting to conspiracy theories, we know the media does lie. And we know that members of the media are intelligence agency assets. We also know that (under the guise of the "war on terror") our rights have been abridged in a variety of ways.

These are indisputable facts.

This doesn't mean every news story is a government engineered lie. Or that every police action is an excuse to abuse the citizenry.

But some are. So a healthy degree of skepticism and vigilance seems warranted.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Isn't this thread about the implications of the de facto martial law that occured? (VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE)

Wouldn't discussion of doctored photos, the sorts pertaining to doctors, BE OFF TOPIC??

Are there yet any reports of what happened to the people who didnt adhere to house arrest, who dared venture out and try to get things in their life accomplished??
edit on 20-4-2013 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I reiterate.... I live in Boston and Martial Law was not declared. Residents in Watertown, Newton, Cambridge, Boston and Arlington were asked to Shelter in Place because there was a terrorist on the loose, this entailed public transportation and taxi service ordered shut down (so that there was less chance he could escape).

Yes it was unnerving to see on the news, and probably more so in the neighborhoods directly affected, armored trucks, bomb containment apparatus, black hawk helicopters rolling through residential areas... it was crazy to see a shopping mall many local residents are very familiar with turned into a command center for FBI, state and local police and obviously some degree of military involvement. Personally, I felt strange having been asked to stay at home for something other than weather.

But do you know what was more unnerving? Knowing a terrorist was hiding out in a neighborhood that looks just like mine. Knowing that hours before he and his brother had been lobbing explosives at police and now he could potentially have invaded some family's home, did he have more explosives on him? I would have been furious if law enforcement hadn't responded the way it did, and likely most everyone on here screaming about martial law would have been just as furious.

Everything is back to normal today, we are 'allowed' back outside... taxis and public transportation are running. We might be slightly hung over though because as soon as the terrorist was caught everyone in the areas affected poured out into the streets and partied. Every cop car that passed a crowd of celebrators was cheered.

We are happy today, we begin to heal today. It's been a hard, nerve wracking week... our piece of mind and our hearts were shattered on Monday. A system I tend to not have much faith in and will continue to be skeptical of, worked yesterday and I am happy for that, people in the areas affected are happy for that. So choose to think negatively if you want, that is your right... but know the facts directly debunk your 'theories' and your darkness does not touch our doorsteps today.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Come to the hospital where I work, I will give you the address, and ask any of the ERTrauma Docs and Nurses their thoughts on that photo. Good thing I didn't do that before I left work over the last few days so you can blow me away with your impartial knowledge.

Talk about speedy recovery. Its kinda nice to see that I get accused of partial knowledge from inconsistencies Im merely pointing out. I think Im on to something! lol. Ive already asked about the photo. It has already been proven fake. YOU HAVE NO EXPLANATION OF THE PHOTO LIKE I SAID. If you work at a hospital then you would know. And UCLA Medical Center sources gave me the info so why would I look somewhere else.

edit on 20-4-2013 by stussy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stussy123

Stop derailing the thread with this off topic non-sense. Go start a 'the photos were doctored' no planer thread and beat that issue to death there.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How many people are going to be short on rent now after losing a crucial day of work? Think about it, 4 MILLION peoples lives put on total STOP. How many people aren't going to have much to eat this week because their food budget was blown up by these government mandates?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
How many people are going to be short on rent now after losing a crucial day of work? Think about it, 4 MILLION peoples lives put on total STOP. How many people aren't going to have much to eat this week because their food budget was blown up by these government mandates?

How many days of work and money would be lost if Boston's policy was to allow terrorists to run around without any consequences?

How many days of work and money would be lost if a terrorist took entire buildings/buses hostage because no one was warned to stay at home?

When I was a teenager, a large fire engulfed my town. Boy, it was hard for my parents to pay rent that week. I wish the firefighters had let my parents work in a flaming office building.

edit on 20-4-2013 by buckrogerstime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

My analysis of the pic relates to the thread topic. It gives evidence that it is a farce. And don't tell me about having nothing to eat! You don't know where I have came from. I don't think you had to rely on EBT or anything because of things you couldn't handle. I don't think you grew up in a 2 room apartment with 5 brothers and sisters. Your food budget statement is irrelevant

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

My analysis of the pic relates to the thread topic. It gives evidence that it is a farce. And don't tell me about having nothing to eat! You don't know where I have came from. I don't think you had to rely on EBT or anything because of things you couldn't handle. I don't think you grew up in a 2 room apartment with 5 brothers and sisters. Your food budget statement is irrelevant

No, I'm pretty sure you agree with Blisss. He's saying the citywide lockdown in Boston was unjustifiable, especially since many Bostonians suffered serious economic harm from losing a day of work.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckrogerstime

No, I'm pretty sure you agree with Blisss. He's saying the citywide lockdown in Boston was unjustifiable, especially since many Bostonians suffered serious economic harm from losing a day of work.

Yes Im afraid I did. Sorry, his first post threw me off by accusing me of derailment when Im contributing questions that need to be answered

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buckrogerstime

So the entire 4 MILLION should all stop over a teenager?

Okay, fine, but for how many days? Whats the upper limit here?

All they had to do was road block checkpoints everywhere, strategically based on timelines and data driven factors.

reply to post by buckrogerstime

The jist I get from reading the OP is its about the home raiding and liberty revoking. 29 of 30 lines scream it.

Well good for you that you get to go to Walmart and overfill multiple shopping carts with junk food on EBT day. I have to work for my money, but luckily I work from home. But I'm still empathizing for the people who have to leave their home to work (most people who actually do work).

What about people who needed important prescriptions filled that day? What about them, were people hospitalized over those dictations?

BOSTON - Millions of residents of the Boston metropolitan were ordered to stay in a “lockdown” on Friday as police and the FBI hunted down the second of the Boston Marathon bombers.

I was among them and for most of the day, my family and I stayed inside our home behind locked doors, watching the news and following the Twitter feed. On Friday night, synagogues in the Boston area even cancelled Shabbat services and one local Orthodox rabbi permitted his members to leave a radio on over the weekend for updates.

When I eventually ventured outside, the eerie silence on Boston and Cambridge’s empty streets was something strange. It was mid day and all of the stores were closed, including supermarkets, the neighborhood Starbucks and even gas stations.
www.jpost.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I reiterate.... I live in Boston and Martial Law was not declared. Residents in Watertown, Newton, Cambridge, Boston and Arlington were asked to Shelter in Place because there was a terrorist on the loose, this entailed public transportation and taxi service ordered shut down (so that there was less chance he could escape).

Yes it was unnerving to see on the news, and probably more so in the neighborhoods directly affected, armored trucks, bomb containment apparatus, black hawk helicopters rolling through residential areas... it was crazy to see a shopping mall many local residents are very familiar with turned into a command center for FBI, state and local police and obviously some degree of military involvement. Personally, I felt strange having been asked to stay at home for something other than weather.

But do you know what was more unnerving? Knowing a terrorist was hiding out in a neighborhood that looks just like mine. Knowing that hours before he and his brother had been lobbing explosives at police and now he could potentially have invaded some family's home, did he have more explosives on him? I would have been furious if law enforcement hadn't responded the way it did, and likely most everyone on here screaming about martial law would have been just as furious.

Everything is back to normal today, we are 'allowed' back outside... taxis and public transportation are running. We might be slightly hung over though because as soon as the terrorist was caught everyone in the areas affected poured out into the streets and partied. Every cop car that passed a crowd of celebrators was cheered.

We are happy today, we begin to heal today. It's been a hard, nerve wracking week... our piece of mind and our hearts were shattered on Monday. A system I tend to not have much faith in and will continue to be skeptical of, worked yesterday and I am happy for that, people in the areas affected are happy for that. So choose to think negatively if you want, that is your right... but know the facts directly debunk your 'theories' and your darkness does not touch our doorsteps today.

This thread is ranting about Martial Law and taking our rights away?

This was an attack by Al Qeada.

This terrorist cell was lead by a guy named Abdul Al-Alharbi.

He burned his hands trying to assemble HIS pressure cooker bomb.

There were 2 guys with him. 1 was taken into custody for Visa problems. The other

is on the run.
edit on 20-4-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

So the entire 4 MILLION should all stop over a teenager?

Okay, fine, but for how many days? Whats the upper limit here?

All they had to do was road block checkpoints everywhere, strategically based on timelines and data driven factors.

What about people who needed important prescriptions filled that day? What about them, were people hospitalized over those dictations?

First, the city was put on lockdown because of a dangerous terrorist who had already shown the intent and ability to bomb innocent civilians.

Your second question is very difficult. For the time being, it's worth noting that the citywide lockdown lasted at most 12 hours and was removed before the suspect was apprehended (probably because the police had established that he was acting alone and was unlikely to have set any more explosives).

While police were unsure of the suspect's capabilities or movements, it made sense to get people off the streets entirely and not just use checkpoints. The danger was not just the suspect's ability to escape from the area, but the ability to harm citizens through possible hostage situations or through the (actual) firefights that occurred throughout the day on public streets.

I have not heard of anyone who was unable to procure essential medicine. Obviously, all hospitals were staffed and open. As far as I know, no one was arrested, detained, or even chastised for going outside (except in the immediate Watertown area).
edit on 20-4-2013 by buckrogerstime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

This thread is ranting about Martial Law and taking our rights away?

This was an attack by Al Qeada.

This terrorist cell was lead by a guy named Abdul Al-Alharbi.

He burned his hands trying to assemble HIS crockpot bomb.

There were 2 guys with him. 1 was taken into custody for Visa problems. The other

is on the run.

And if we take what you have said as true, then you just presented a situation in which martial law can be implemented. You gave a situation of terrorists and terrorists still on the loose. WHO ARE Mike Mulugeta and Sunil Tripathi? Why were these names given first??

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

What are you talking about?
Did you reply to the wrong thread?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

The response was NOT appropriate. The ends do NOT justify the means. Their response was unconstitutional. It violates the fourth amendment and posse comitatus.

Morons that spout off that extreme situations require anticonstitutional measures need to find another country to live in so they can feel their false sense of safety.

When people fear their government, it is not safety.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Glad to hear things are returning to normal, albeit slowly.

I am a firm believer that the word conspiracy is being overused. Sometimes things are exactly the way they really are.

Stay safe Kali. Everyone has Boston in their hearts.

edit on 20-4-2013 by sonnny1 because: spelling duh

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by TauCetixeta

What are you talking about?
Did you reply to the wrong thread?

This thread is about Boston and the Marathon terrorist attack. Read the top line.

It's not a Farce. It was a terrorist attack. Nobody is taking our Rights Away.

Do you see?
edit on 20-4-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join