It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is really not a way to start off the week!!!! But I'm guessing that whoever did this apparently had other plans. I'm sorry for all the people that were there and saw firsthand of the explosions. I'm curious to find out who did this and why this happened!!!! Haven't we, as americans, seen or been thru enough of this type of thing happening???

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Abraham Lincoln died on April 15th. Weird how that movie just came out.

edit on 15-4-2013 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

link   
I just wanted to reply to the "Facebook page" that was allegedly created two days earlier.

It's a slice of cake to edit text using Chrome, simply by right clicking on it > inspect element > changing the text. I'm not saying it's untrue, but so easy to alter. The whole "the page was deleted" is the perfect alibi for trolls... just seems sketchy to me.

Edit: the image above is one of my Facebook pages.
edit on 15-4-2013 by CraigSnedeker because: (no reason given)

link   
Looks like the news has dried up..
edit on 15-4-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Taissa

Originally posted by greatpiino
reply to post by Taissa

You're mistaken. I've seen military present at the event firsthand in past years.

No, I'm sorry, I'm not. My uncle has run in it for most of his life, he told me himself that this is the first year he has seen military presence. He has seen a large police presence, but not military. He's supposed to phone me to talk about some other vehicles he saw parked there at the beginning of the race that he's never seen before too. Thanks.

I just spoke to a friend of mine that has run in it for the past 5 years and claims he remembers seeing a military presence there every year.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
You know, I watched Obama praise the 1st responders, I applaud them also. But what I didn't hear and never seem to hear. Is praise for the average people who did not hesitate for one second to leap to their country men's aid.

If you watched the videos I'm sure you saw the girl carrying another girl away on her back, or the guy in the cowboy hat clearing debris away behind the fence. How about the young man frantically trying to remove the fence ? Many people dropped everything and ran into danger to help.

IMO this is the American Spirit showing that no matter what WE ARE ONE. Just once I would like to hear from the MSM or the Government, good job folks. Instead if self-vilification from them and stay where you are WE WILL take care of you.

Well thanks for the help, but we are able to help ourselves also.

Very valid points. To be fair, some of the talking heads on FNC did mention how people in the area were trying to help one another. Very refreshing to hear.

link   

Originally posted by scottromansky
reply to post by Power_Semi

Live feed from the Boston news, there is video of a person carrying "2 backpacks".

Another report is a person "acting suspicious" and one person being questioned with burns.

With all thousands of people looking at the race, its easy to walk through crowds carrying multiple bags unnoticed.

Not 4 or 5 or more, you'd also suspect they'd be quite heavy.

The last 2 at the same time of course, since they're on the same street, drop one, then the other, but you can't walk into a library with 3 or 4 backpacks without looking out of place.

link   
reply to post by Taissa

I'm sorry to disagree with you on the military presence but, one of my co-workers is a national guardsman and he worked the marathon last year. They've done so for many years.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

and my vote is for "black powder" as it is the only material currently not restricted or highly regulated.
but we'll see, won't we ?

link   
reply to post by randyvs

CNN just a few minutes ago said that we should not just jump to "al qaeda". Funny they jumped to it in minutes on 911.

How funny I was just about to say the same thing.

You aren't the only one. I keep hearing them remind us "not to jump to conclusions". Its hard for me to hear that and not think of 911 also. Peter Jennings mentioned UBL before the second building even collapsed, I think?

Here they are keeping a lid on their "observations" tight.

link   
reply to post by bill3969

I really have no idea. I'm just posting it here for dissection and discussion.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienzombie666
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I don't know why my mind has been conditioned to think like this but with out even reading anything my flash judgment is the US government did this and what is their agenda now? It's horrible that I have to think like this but the way the government has been acting and trying to ban everything and make more laws strip us of more of our rights I'm wondering what is next

It's called paranoia... or perhaps: paranoid delusion.

link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by nancyliedersdeaddog
This is sad and I hope they get who's ever responsible! I pray everyone finds their missing love ones asap.

On another note I can't believe alex jones ( on twitter) already said this looks like a false flag event 30 mins after the attack happened, he just gave me another reason not to like him.

Thats what he does. If the president sneezes, its a false flag in his opinion. So long as he keeps calling EVERYTHING a false flag, he will eventually be right, and then can use that to toot his own horn for the next 10 years.

Its his M.O.

I agree 100%! I get a good laugh that AJ talks about other people having an agenda when it's pretty clear he has one too. Hopefully his fans and sponsors will call him out on his stupid comment and tell him he's not any better then Nida Khan and msn already placing blame on patriots or muslim extremists.

link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

Originally posted by alienzombie666
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I don't know why my mind has been conditioned to think like this but with out even reading anything my flash judgment is the US government did this and what is their agenda now? It's horrible that I have to think like this but the way the government has been acting and trying to ban everything and make more laws strip us of more of our rights I'm wondering what is next

It's called paranoia... or perhaps: paranoid delusion.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

reply to post by crazyewok

It was small enough to fit in a backpack and for one person to carry multiple ones easily and not be detected.

You can't carry multiple backpacks simultaneously and not look suspicious

Have you ever been a viewer, runner, coached or been married to/friends with a runner?

Yes you can carry several backpacks and not look suspicious. Any other event I'd be likely to concur.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Power_Semi

Live feed from the Boston news, there is video of a person carrying "2 backpacks".

Another report is a person "acting suspicious" and one person being questioned with burns.

With all thousands of people looking at the race, its easy to walk through crowds carrying multiple bags unnoticed.

The library "bomb" apparently was a "controlled demolition" with one of the bombs that was found intact.
edit on 15-4-2013 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

www.broadcastify.com...

@ 8:24 PM EST Request for back up call to dispatch. They have a Moroccan man with a large bag, extremely agitated. Officers on scene requested backup and Arabic translator. Probably nothing, but listening to this is interesting.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

Nothing personal just theorizing, if two of my friends were running and I would take care of their bags I would have carried two maybe three bags right? I would like to see the vids.

link   

Originally posted by ludshed

Originally posted by Power_Semi

reply to post by crazyewok

It was small enough to fit in a backpack and for one person to carry multiple ones easily and not be detected.

You can't carry multiple backpacks simultaneously and not look suspicious

Have you ever been a viewer, runner, coached or been married to/friends with a runner?

Yes you can carry several backpacks and not look suspicious. Any other event I'd be likely to concur.

Not in a library, and not on a bus or train by yourself.

The library is 3 miles away and must have been the first bomb planted.

link   

The JFK Presidential Library and Museum was evacuated this afternoon after a fire and a possible explosion that are being investigated for links to the blasts near the Boston Marathon finish line. Tom Putnam, director of the library said the problem there appeared to be a mechanical fire that had nothing to do with the Back Bay bombings.

About the JFK Library bombings

@dumbass i know me too, i want to see the videos too, maybe they will be released in the next few days.
edit on 15-4-2013 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by randyvs

CNN just a few minutes ago said that we should not just jump to "al qaeda". Funny they jumped to it in minutes on 911.

How funny I was just about to say the same thing.

You aren't the only one. I keep hearing them remind us "not to jump to conclusions". Its hard for me to hear that and not think of 911 also. Peter Jennings mentioned UBL before the second building even collapsed, I think?

Here they are keeping a lid on their "observations" tight.

The thing is, Al Qaeda had already targeted the world trade centre, so it was very likely that was the reason why the suspected them so early on. I also think a lot of journalistic professionalism went out the window that morning, due to the shocking circumstances unravelling.

Anyway, this is completely off topic, so I shall leave it there.

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join