It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I really hope it was no American that did this, it really would be a black eye to the United States as the Boston Marathon is a global event!!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I don't know why my mind has been conditioned to think like this but with out even reading anything my flash judgment is the US government did this and what is their agenda now? It's horrible that I have to think like this but the way the government has been acting and trying to ban everything and make more laws strip us of more of our rights I'm wondering what is next

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I haven't seen this anywhere but, this is April 15th Tax Day.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just a guess but it doesn't seem to have been a huge device as the windows on the shops next door seem to be intact. Either it was a small bomb or the device didn't really detonate efficiently. Luckily! Well sort of luckily as it sucks that people got killed/Hurt but could of been allot worse.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatpiino
reply to post by Taissa

You're mistaken. I've seen military present at the event firsthand in past years.

No, I'm sorry, I'm not. My uncle has run in it for most of his life, he told me himself that this is the first year he has seen military presence. He has seen a large police presence, but not military. He's supposed to phone me to talk about some other vehicles he saw parked there at the beginning of the race that he's never seen before too. Thanks.

link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Ok, I give. What could this possibly have to do with tax day?

link   
reply to post by crazyewok

It was small enough to fit in a backpack and for one person to carry multiple ones easily and not be detected.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

Originally posted by JBA2848
Does this photo show a black scorch mark for ground zero of the blast?

I would say it does.

You can almost make out a blast pattern in a diagonal line up the building face, especially through the lettering.

It also looks like a perfect placement where a trash can would be placed, if an explosive was placed in it.

Agreed. If you use the zoom feature it is also the "cleanest" (as in clean swept) patch of ground there.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys

Iraq was a war started on false pretenses and Afghanistan happened because some dude America used to like annoyed them and lived there at some time. The only victims of Middle Eastern terrorism are people in the Middle East. Not you, not me, and not the vast majority of people on this board. You should take that stick and beat some sense into yourself with it instead of suggesting you go threatening a bunch of people for causing trouble your lot started in the first place.

Sometimes learning from your mistakes hurts, and it can hurt quite badly. It's a process all children go through.
edit on 15-4-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

Neither Iraq nor Afghanistan would have happened but for 9/11.

How do you figure we started this? I suppose you are one of those that believe that we deserved 9/11....

Or...did we start this by supporting the Jew's return to Israel?

Please, do let us know how it was we "started this"...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

CNN just a few minutes ago said that we should not just jump to "al qaeda". Funny they jumped to it in minutes on 911.

How funny I was just about to say the same thing.

Also, why is it Obama and his whole administration, full of smarter people than we are on ATS. And supposed to
be in the know and looking at all the possibilities. Nor the media, with all the academically incline investigative reporters and researchers, constantly looking for, " A real story ". Why do they just report things like, "Oh there just happened to be a drill of this very same nature ", since 911 and even before that. And then fail to ever even mention the fact of at least a major coincidence, like no one could imagine ? But ordinary people paying attention
point it out, and their labeled for life ? I mean it's so retarded it's all drive'n me out of my mind.
We need to deal with these people, if that's what they even are ?

They don't even acknowledge the coincidence. Unbelievable !
edit on 15-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottromansky

It was small enough to fit in a backpack and for one person to carry multiple ones easily and not be detected.

You can't carry multiple backpacks simultaneously and not look suspicious, which is why I said they must either:

a) live or be staying locally;
b) have travelled in by car or van;
c) there must be more than 1 bomber;

If it's a lone person they must have had somewhere to stash the bombs while planting at least the library one.

The library bomb must have been planted first clearly, backpacks on the street need to be done at the last possible moment to make sure they aren't found or moved.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa
No, I'm sorry, I'm not. My uncle has run in it for most of his life, he told me himself that this is the first year he has seen military presence. He has seen a large police presence, but not military. He's supposed to phone me to talk about some other vehicles he saw parked there at the beginning of the race that he's never seen before too. Thanks.

He must not have noticed. On more than one occasion, on more than one year, I have seen uniformed military at the Boston marathon. No reason for me to lie about this. In fact here's a link from 2009 about the Mass. National Guard working at the marathon. So yeah, like I said before, you're mistaken. Thanks.

www.defense.gov...

link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

That video looks like the explosion starts there, but if you look at previous post still pictures, it looks like the blast originated more to the right. That may be where the blast moved first.

link   

Originally posted by scottromansky

You can get allot of a bang out of a backpack. People on the scene said they smelt a cordite smell.

Indicates Gunpowder or Cordite which would give a "small" bang compared to say TCAP,Ammoniam Nitrate and RDX which are common high explosive used in IED's.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
We will obviously see something from the Obama administration today and I'm willing to bet that they will use this to tie into some policy he is trying to enact.

After all, it was his own chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel that has infamously said to not let a good tragedy go to waste.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Live feed from the Boston news, there is video of a person carrying "2 backpacks".

Another report is a person "acting suspicious" and one person being questioned with burns.

With all thousands of people looking at the race, its easy to walk through crowds carrying multiple bags unnoticed.

The library "bomb" apparently was a "controlled demolition" with one of the bombs that was found intact.
edit on 15-4-2013 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Fox News, Swat team just pulled up to emergency room exit.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

But it does not make since with this picture.

Wood table inside the fenced area is whole in other pictures it is destroyed. The black spot that looks like ground zero has some one laying on it with some one helping him?

edit on 15-4-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join