It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Weeks to Renew an Existing Driver's License, Coming to Your State Soon!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeyv23
reply to post by Destinyone

It's beautiful up there
My best friend has a family cabin up there just south of the Appalachian Trail. I think it worries me more that it's happening in rural places at ALL. That's not to discount the travesty of having them conduct these ILLEGAL searches in cities too.. but damn... damn.

I will admit...there are a lot of people, old timers, of the prepper mentality up here. I've wondered if that is part of the reason.....Hunting is also part of the lifestyle up here...a lot of guns.

Des

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I will admit...there are a lot of people, old timers, of the prepper mentality up here. I've wondered if that is part of the reason.....Hunting is also part of the lifestyle up here...a lot of guns.

Des

This makes perfect sense
edit on 3/30/2013 by joeyv23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeyv23
reply to post by sonnny1

I gave more than enough of my blood to the govt when I enlisted in the Navy. I don't normally get sick, and therefore don't go to the Dr's Office. I wont bring my issues about Obummercare here, but I will say that if somebody comes at me with a needle asking for my blood, in THIS day and age... I may forget my pacifist ways ...

edit on 3/30/2013 by joeyv23 because: (no reason given)

Too funny!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think all of this is leading to scannable health histories, ala obozocare, and the obozocare is administered by the IRS - if you haven't paid your taxes, gotten you mandated vaccines, are considered a criminal (are they going to use them for "universal ID checks to buy not only guns, but ammo?"

Papers, please. to do just about anything? Buy groceries? "Let me scan your ID"

Sounds crazy? Look what's happening already.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Looking back now, it should have been obvious that the day would come, when technology would advance far enough. And enable the tyranny, that our owners were only able to dream about, for centuries. Now it is possible
for only a very few, to force billions, to bend over and submit to their will.

The whole damn system needs to come down. .

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Just the fact that I couldn't provide a copy, nor a printout from a legitimate online government public records site, and had to provide only original or certified records freaked me out.

The type of records I had to provide had absolutely nothing to do with me driving a legal car. That is the reason so many people are having to come back so many times. Luckily, I did find my original birth certificate after 5 weeks of searching 62 years worth of saved crap in boxes in storage. I'm still waiting for the $24.00 certified copy of it, I sent off for 4 weeks ago when I got frustrated. Otherwise, I'd still be sitting on my thumbs waiting for a BC to renew my DL.

What about the people who've lost it all to fires, and floods...just lost paper work over time and moving. One old Lady, older than me was crying her head off saying I don't know where to even begin looking for original marriage and divorce documents. I lost all those papers years ago. She said the last time she saw her BC, was when her Mama was alive, and that was 30 years ago. It's sad and frustrating for so many.

Not to even mention the homeless, who need their cars for transportation, some even to live in. It's crazy sick....

Des

edit on 30-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by speeddr2000
Its real fun when you have to prove where you live when you go paperless on all your bills.

Add to that living in a town that has no mail delivery, only a po box, and your address does not even show up on google maps, or Fed x shipping etc. LOL .. As it is, because of all my documents going to PO box I can not even get a credit card, because homeland security requires that my DR have a home address, but why would I do that when my bank statements goto a PO address and need to match license.

THis crap is really getting ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

These new rigid, back door, invasive laws, infringing on our personal information, will only lead to more and more people driving without a valid DL. And those who shouldn't have the right to have one in my country, getting one with a ride to the voting polls as a benefit. It's ass-backwards.

Des

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

We have to ask ourselves "why"/ Why is our gov't wanting lifelong US citizens to be so encumbered? And giving a pass to outsiders? What is their motive? What is the outcome they wish for?

I'm thinking that - I was going to say that they want us all to be criminals of some sort - but the illegal aliens - although most are happy to be here and are/or will be, honest about paying taxes - the criminals are going to just flaunt the regulations.

What is their desired outcome? China/NK like communism? All of us living like slaves? Only recieveing what "they" think we deserve in rations?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Can you imagine the sheer insanity of being adopted, and having no idea where your original birth certificate may be, nor what names are on it....there is no provision in the Real ID Act for those people......

Once again, government pushing through an ill thought out, back door law...that has devastating impact on people's lives. The Real ID Act is about as impractical as Obomacare All in the lust for power and control over people.

Des

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I don't know Happy1. All I can tell you is....I felt like I was in a foreign country with no papers. I felt like someone was going to walk up to me, and in their best Colonel Klink voice say *show me your papers*....

It gave a chill to the bone. How did this happen so fast. It's like so many sci-fi books I read so many years ago.

That never could happen futuristic, Big Brother society...it's here. I'm living in it. It's scares the crap out of me.

Des

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

My boyfriend's son is turning 16, and will be getting a driver's license. I was going to sign my extra car over to his name and let him drive it. Per Progressive - insurance for him in the state of MN, where he resides, having a car in his name - 2002 ford focus, paid for - would be $700.00 for the first month, and then payments of $400.00 for the next 3 months. WTF!

The kid's on the honor roll, no problems with "discipline", no legal problems.

When my son turned 16, back in 1997, insurance on his own, paid for car was $126.00 a month - high, but he needed to have a car to be able to have a part-time job to pay for it.

These car insurance payments are like a house payment!!!!

Getting rid of cars? and the pollution and freedom they may cause? I wonder what that's about.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
It took me 10 minutes to get my drivers license renewed for 8 years yesterday.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Well it looks like I'll be going to jail. I have no need for a liscense because I walk and if I have to jump through all of these hoops just to renew a non-drivers ID, someone has another thing coming. I willnot be cataloged any further than what they already have, my Birth Certificate, SS Card, DD214, Current picture, etc. I refuse to be part of some National catalog. Next thing you know, they'll divide you by year of birth, and have some massive Logan's Run society.

Peace SnF OP.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
At least we know you are who you say you are.

Nothing wrong with Real ID. I applaud its implementation and have yet to see a reasonable argument against it.

Here's an argument. They won't use these IDs to keep illegal aliens from voting, they don't track how many times an individual votes, so what's the point? Now, there going to give DL to the illegals, why should an American citizen have to jump through hoops to prove who we are? They are not worried about terrorists, otherwise our borders would be much better patrolled. Stupidity, enacted by power hungry idiots.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I am starting to think a good number of people on this sight are overly sensitive sensationalist whiners.
just sayin.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have to renew my DL next year by May. I have no idea where my original bc is and my mother says she doesn't have it. I will see if I can renew by the end of this year, here's hoping...

Man, maybe Texas should secede. I hate all these ridiculous laws! Y'all need to move to Texas and secede with us!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I love this!

Make people actually show proof of who they are. It is kind of a reset to weed out the millions of fake IDs. so what is the big deal if you need to wait 6 weeks and bring in birth certs.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I just want to say this has been one of the better threads I have read on what my future holds. I know this much if we as a people don't get our act together soon........were not gonna have an act. SnF.............thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join