It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kabbalah

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The first text I examined was the Kybalion and I was surprised at how easily I was able to fit its principles into what I had already learned on my own. Up to this point, I thought that I might be crazy, because I seemed to see things that others did not, but this introduction to Kabbalah, convinced me that I was not crazy, since I had been able to teach myself Kabbalah without ever having to study a Kabbalic text.
reply to post by swordwords

Same here. When I read the Kybalion I understood that how I interpreted ancient texts was not unique at all and no longer did I feel alone in my thinking. It made my day!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Question...

Is Enoch not considered to be Hermes in Islamic tradition?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Question...

Is Enoch not considered to be Hermes in Islamic tradition?

It could be. When Nimrod's Babylon was cut by language, I think this was the moment that names changed. To me, the identity of Hermes could be none other than Enoch.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I am so far behind you with my studies, fill me in please.

I'm just now making the connection myself, or so it seems to be a connection.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I am familiar with the Golden Dawn's teachings on Kabbalah and also it's relevance to their Magickal Tarot.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I am so far behind you with my studies, fill me in please.

I'm just now making the connection myself, or so it seems to be a connection.

Each nation has archetypes of the same characters from history. Each tells a piece of their story. The Greeks related Hermes, but Enoch was the origin. In Egypt, Thoth was their version of Hermes. Compare all three and you find the similarities are too much to deny. Study Nimrod and then compare this to Osiris. Compare this to the Masons trying to decipher the symbols from every culture. What they are really trying to do is put Osiris back together again so they can decipher the mystery. Enoch called this the worthless mystery. This all goes back to God confusing mankind to delay their progress toward building the temple.

16.2 And now to the Watchers, who sent you to petition on their behalf,
who were formerly in Heaven:

16.3 "You were in Heaven but its secrets had not yet been revealed to you;
and a worthless mystery you knew. This you made known to women, in
the hardness of your hearts. And through this mystery the women and the
men cause evil to increase on the Earth."

16.4 Say to them therefore: "You will not have peace."

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Saurus, I had no idea...
Pleased to see another hermeticist on the boards!

A Frater whom I really admire recently posted this message on another site and I thought it was great explanation & advice:

Modern Magick by Kraig and Self Initiation... by the Ciceros really have two different focuses. Kraig's book is intended to teach you practical ceremonial magick. The Cicero's book is meant to guide you through an initiatory path *similar to* the work you would do in a functioning Temple.

If you choose to use them together, I suggest you start with the Cicero's book. Then once you have completed the Portal gradwork, start with Kraig's lessons. In fact, in such a case, you would do well to complete the Self Initiation book and then study Kraig's book alongside of Regardie's "The Golden Dawn." Do that, and you'll have a solid foundation in GD material and nearly any Temple in the world would be happy to have you.

edit on 20-3-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Did anyone else learn the strategies of war and the effects of it on the candidate of trials and errors???
I learned cabal-law, protocols of the elders and the warbook of Exodus.
Am I alone in my affairs? ??

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

Of course you're not alone. Your Muse is with you.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The reason for the war:

edit on 20-3-2013 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2013 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Do you mean this?

edit on 20-3-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Likely for me... hangedman can't put down his foot nor raise up to arms his arm/fist.
I think the arts have cursed me to war...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

This all goes back to God confusing mankind to delay their progress toward building the temple.

But, why?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

No, I never learned that.

And....

Op what was that? lol

Gosh, I am so far behind.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

This all goes back to God confusing mankind to delay their progress toward building the temple.

But, why?

Raising the temple to heaven is the goal of any Creation of God. The trouble with mankind raising the temple is our sin nature. Until that is corrected, the gates of heaven cannot be opened to us. This is why the Son of God was immersed with us in baptism. Through His blood, we are made right with God. The gates of heaven will literally open when the blood (DNA) of Christ changes our nature to holiness.

Nimrod wanted to storm the gates of God. The intention was not the same as what God outlines here:

Acts 17

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

The Gate is narrow and entrance comes by the name of Christ. That name is his character. Giving is the will of God and until we show repentance for being thieves, we stay here. We simply repeat the same cycles over and over again with different names and characters pointing us home. Egypt is a refinery. The last leg of the journey is the one through the wilderness with the remnant. Crossing the Jordan requires one generation dying and the next being reborn. First, they are scattered across the wilderness.

The Mystery of Moses and our new Robe

edit on 20-3-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

A Frater whom I really admire recently posted this message on another site and I thought it was great explanation & advice:

Modern Magick by Kraig and Self Initiation... by the Ciceros really have two different focuses. Kraig's book is intended to teach you practical ceremonial magick. The Cicero's book is meant to guide you through an initiatory path *similar to* the work you would do in a functioning Temple.

If you choose to use them together, I suggest you start with the Cicero's book. Then once you have completed the Portal gradwork, start with Kraig's lessons. In fact, in such a case, you would do well to complete the Self Initiation book and then study Kraig's book alongside of Regardie's "The Golden Dawn." Do that, and you'll have a solid foundation in GD material and nearly any Temple in the world would be happy to have you.

edit on 20-3-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

Very nice find, Gypsy!

I agree - the advice is 100% sound - the perfect reading order.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I just so happen to have both of those.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Saurus

I just so happen to have both of those.

The important thing to keep in mind is to use your patience. A lot of initiates get impatient and try to rush through the book instead of taking the appropriate amount of time suggested to do each section. For example, the PRE-WORK in the Cicero book is around 4-6 months (I think, been a while since I looked at the book). Don't cut yourself short by ignoring it or shortening it. There are reasons why these suggestions are made. Transmutation does not happen overnight.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I have been reading the Fundamentals of Esoteric Knowledge, by Jean Dubuis lately. I must say I thoroughly enjoy it. I have made a lot of connections while reading it. It has been recommended as a precursor to his books on Spagyrics, which will form the basis of my medical treatments.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I cannot say that I am familiar with all of the different forms of Kabalah or Qabala or however one would choose to spell it (I will admit my ignorance to its many different forms and teachings). But I would like to point out an interesting book which I found on Qabbalah in Free Masonry.. its titled. The 32 Secret Paths Of Solomon: A New Examination Of The Qabbalah In Freemasonry by Timothy Hogan. Its an easy enough read and seems to have been put together by a 32nd degree Mason. Other than what I've read in this book concerning the topic my only other knowledge comes from a Jewish friend I have who told me in Judaism they don't teach you about it until you've matured in age. (Not sure how true that is).

In any case I suggest you take a look at that book, might find some useful things in there..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join