It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does my 3 1/2y.o. son keep saying that he wants to go home?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
For the last several months now, my son will say: "Daddy, I wanna go home." I say you are home son. Then he points in no particular direction and says: "No daddy! I wanna go home." So I ask him where home is. Most of the time he looks around and just changes the subject or walks away. He's told my wife this a bunch of times too. I believe in reincarnation and think this is what's going on here. It hurts me a little everytime he says it. What I wanna know is, has anyone here had this happen? And how did you deal with it?

I'd also like to add that my other son, who is 4 1/2, was repeatedly talking about a "green lady" and a "helicopter crash" when he was 1 1/2, up until now. He talked about it more then than he does now, though.

Thoughts? Comments?

Hi Fylgje,
what an interesting topic! Thanks for sharing.
In my opinion he might refer simply to where he was before he was born, I don't know what to call it, (it depends so much on what your religion is I guess ;-)). After lots of reading on the subject over the years I have come to picture it as a place of souls where everything is beautiful and feels good, like another dimension that is close to ours but on another vibration, a higher one, so we can't see it. The biggest difference between that place and ours here is that there everything always feels good, (like one would imagine how it feels to be in heaven) so maybe your little one remembers that feeling and whenever something upsets him here he says: I wanna go home (because there I always felt wonderful). Can you remember the moments he said that in and how he was feeling then?

I only have one story of a close child of mine that showed a connection to that other side, where the souls live. He was still a very tiny baby then, maybe 6 or 7 months (he is ten now, so it's been a while ago ;-)) and he would lie on his changing table staring at the ceiling with a joy in his eyes, he would laugh out and reach with his little hands up and fixate on something we, who were standing around him, weren't able to see. It happened every day by that time, and back then me and my sister used to say, maybe that's granny and grandpa, who both had died two years prior, who came to visit the little guy and to show us they know about him. My sister and I always loved that and told him later many times, but he couldn't remember any of it (of course).

I think the older kids get, the less they remember of before or see what may be visible of the soul world even around us every day.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

For the last several months now, my son will say: "Daddy, I wanna go home." I say you are home son. Then he points in no particular direction and says: "No daddy! I wanna go home." So I ask him where home is. Most of the time he looks around and just changes the subject or walks away. He's told my wife this a bunch of times too. I believe in reincarnation and think this is what's going on here. It hurts me a little everytime he says it. What I wanna know is, has anyone here had this happen? And how did you deal with it?

I'd also like to add that my other son, who is 4 1/2, was repeatedly talking about a "green lady" and a "helicopter crash" when he was 1 1/2, up until now. He talked about it more then than he does now, though.

Thoughts? Comments?

I'm not so much a believer in reincarnation, as I am a proponent of genetic memory: Whereby memories within the brain [see proteins] are stored within one's DNA spectrum. Once in the DNA, those memories are allowed to be passed on generation after generation. If I were you, I'd do a little background searching through your parents and grandparents histories to see if anything is recognizable by your kids as 'home.'

Yeah, it might seem 'out there' but it has a solid scientific basis. When I was a kid, I remembered 'attending my parents wedding,' even though I wasn't even born yet. The wedding I may have attended was never uncovered through research, but more than likely it was a memory of an ancestor that was passed down to me, and my childhood brain activity opened the memory whilst 'unpacking.'

This sort of genetic memory also explains 'habits' and 'instincts' of both humans and animals alike. An example of this, how a foal knows how to stand within minutes of being born, or how dolphin kids know to surface immediately upon birth.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over your kids wanting to 'go home.' They're just confused by an inert memory that they can't recognize as being someone else's.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
When does your child say it? My little sister often says the same when she feels unconfortable. That's because our home is where we feel safe and confortable. Kids will say it even when they are in their bedroom. I still call for my mom when i'm in the roller coaster.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
No such thing as reincarnation.

He's under the age of accountability, until he learns good and evil. So in that regard right now he doesn't belong to this world, not yet anyways.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I think it is probably just cuz kids have wild imaginations.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
He probably belongs somewhere else, and has incarnated here for a certain reason....
I'm sure u can work that one out, look around you.
Their are many like him.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

Originally posted by Galadriel
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I still feel like that, when I look at the stars and the sky at night the feel and smell of the air feels strange and foreign,the ambient sounds that usually sound normal suddenly sound foreign and strange when I look at stars.

It`s kind of like when you go away from home on vacation and the place you are staying has a differnet smell and different ambient sounds than the place where you live.even if you close your eyes and try to imagine that you are at home your brain knows that you aren`t because things sound and smell different.

edit on 4-3-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

I think the example you gave is so clear. I know that feeling when you go away somewhere. Everything feels different - sounds, light, smells, even how you are within your own skin. Perfect description of how it feels when you look up at the night sky, and everything around you seems odd and indeed a bit strange.

I went outside last night around 9 pm to shovel the front walk. It was so still, so quiet and "big" feeling. The sky feels so large - and even though there was some cloud cover, the stars were visible here and there. Such an overwhelming sensation. I just stopped and stood there, not wanting to end the spell, not wanting to lose the sensation.

Sorry original OP, don't mean to get off topic here. Related to the "going home" sensation but not directly to your comments.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
My mom told me that I used to say this often(when at home) when I was a child.
My son also did this around the age of 4 years.

I don't usually post, but I just PM'd the OP to tell her I did this too!! My parents told me on several occasions that I use to say "I want to go home" and that it really worried my mom.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I remember asking my mom this when I was a kid.

I would be at home but I didn't feel like i was at home. I'd ask to go home and my mom would just look at me and say " you are home!"

It was a weird feeling that I remember still. I would look at my family but yet it seemed like they weren't my family. I felt like i Was in someone elses body looking at the world. It's hard to put into words but I had this feeling all thru my childhood and remember it well.

I still don't know what it meant. Maybe it as just being a kid or maybe it as something more. I dont know.

Wow... This is my favorite ATS thread ever!!! Exact same story with me!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think kids "see / know" a LOT more than we adults do.

When my daughter was about 3-4 years old she started screaming bloody murder one night that she didn't want to go outside because "it is going to kill me". Did NOT want to look out the window when I tried to reassure her that nothing was out there and would not calm down until I closed the curtain. An hour or so later we were outside in the yard hanging out with the neighbors as if nothing had ever happened.

She was truly terrified. This was not a childhood game or a wild imagination. I am certain she saw / heard / knew SOMETHING and it was NOT good!! Still no idea where it came from, never acted like that or said that again, and honestly, I am not sure I really have the courage to know what it was that threatened her like that.

However, a completely valid explanation could be related to all of the advertising, television, and things they hear from adults on a daily basis. Cartoons are really not very innocent if you actually look at them. In our case, I think we turn the tv on maybe once every 2 weeks and only for some history / discovery / etc. type show and even then it may only be on for the first 10-20 minutes before we get fed up with the crap and turn it back off again!!

I agree with the suggestions of getting your baby to color and draw out their thoughts. As above all give them love and support no matter what happens! =)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Home is where in your heart is

Same as with adults.

I often find myself feeling out of place when
around certain people or around bad energy and
just want to 'Go home'. (refuge)

Could be that your son is just saying that he is
feeling uneasy and out of place and in need of 'refuge'.,
but can't find the words to express himself so he simply
says ' I want to go home ' awwwwww cute

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
iv been thinking about your story.... its definatly nothing

but ,,,, my selfish intrigue says

next time he says something
dont confront it.
encourage it
say... come on lets go... lets go and see who there

if its in the subconcious, dont try and use ration....it "awakens" the brain and he will forget all about it

just a guess... thought id mention...

but as i said its nothing, or a vivid dream he had one humid night

peace

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've felt like "going home" as long as I can remember (I'm in my early 20s), no idea why. Just like the members that posted here, my parents always tell me I AM home but I still feel like going back...

There's a thread that talks about these sort of feelings here, I thought maybe it could help reading how adults feel that way too and what they remember from their childhood.

Have you ever been surrounded by familiar things, people or places, and suddenly had an overwhelming feeling of homesickness. However, as you are quite "at home" in your environment, it makes no sense whatsoever?

Homesick for unremembered places

Best wishes to you and your little one

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Dang you beat me to it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I haven't read all the replies, but perhaps you could ask him to draw a picture of 'home' and his family. Also the other things he remembers. I think he needs some validation to help him understand. He may stop talking about it if he sees it makes you upset and eventually forget. Course, if that is what you want...

Best wishes whatever you decide.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra

Homesick for unremembered places

Thanks for posting this thread link. It was an awesome thread. Unfortunately, I didn't recognize most of the members who posted in it. Wondering if they've all stopped participating on ATS (the thread is from 2011). All echoed many of the things I've felt, thought, experienced.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

The girl is a lebanese woman now and talks to her previous life husband just about every day. He aknowledges that it is her.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I'd also like to add that my other son, who is 4 1/2, was repeatedly talking about a "green lady" and a "helicopter crash" when he was 1 1/2, up until now. He talked about it more then than he does now, though

Thoughts? Comments?

Green lady (Statue of Liberty?) Helicopter crash

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This threads title gave me goosebumps all over my skin, EVERYTHING you wrote about your son mirrors a similarity with my own life. I am a 22 year old woman, and ever since I was a small child starting at the age of 3- to early teenage years when she passed away, I always said to my mother "I want to go home!" I would always say this when I was distressed or upset and it always brought me comfort saying this. I had no reason to say this because most of the times I would say this when I was at my home and we never moved houses. Even to this day I sometimes will say it when I am distressed and for some reason a calming effect sometimes occurs.

I also asked according to my mom and family, not in my recollection, "Am i a Hooman bean" when I was just learning to talk. LOL. I don't believe I am anything but a human, but its really strange huh?

Another thing I find strikingly similar is I have a VERY VERY vivid and SCARY memory, one of the first memories I can even remember in my life, of me in a bathroom taking a shower, my mom had left the room for a minute and I heard a VERY deep and "evil" sounding voice say my name, and something else that I can't remember anymore but it scared the crap out of me whatever they said, I looked around the shower curtain to see who it was and there was a Green man's face in the mirror for a second, I screamed and ran to my mother.

I also as a child from very small to right before adolescence I would have extremely haunting and real dreams about flying and aliens. I remember having them before as a little girl before I even knew what a alien was. It would scare me so much, I always dreamed they were going to come and take me away from my mom and family. I also had extremely precognitive dreams of things that would happen then they would!!! I had them so commonly as a child and it has slowly dissolved over the years but I still have it occur sometimes randomly, or get strong "feelings" about something. For example ever since pre-school I was telling my mom she was going to die of lung cancer and I needed her to stop smoking and go to the doctor, and this was before I knew the two was linked. strange enough she passed away when I was 14 with advanced stage lung cancer, and I felt like I failed at something.

Anyways, I wont go into more detail unless anyone is curious of some other strange things that have happened in my life, but your title about "going home, and the "green lady" really made me have to reply.. I normally am just a lurker. Hope all is well with everyone.
edit on 4-3-2013 by tomorrowseer because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2013 by tomorrowseer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join