It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does my 3 1/2y.o. son keep saying that he wants to go home?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Every parent thinks their kid is special. But to start wondering if their behavior is paranormal in some way and seriously posting about it on a forum?

Id expect this kind of thinking from some tribe in a 3rd world country but not in a first world country.I hope you don't traumatize the poor kid by making him think there's something wrong with him or telling him hes got ghosts in side him or something. I find this very worrying.

edit on 4-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I remember asking my mom this when I was a kid.

I would be at home but I didn't feel like i was at home. I'd ask to go home and my mom would just look at me and say " you are home!"

It was a weird feeling that I remember still. I would look at my family but yet it seemed like they weren't my family. I felt like i Was in someone elses body looking at the world. It's hard to put into words but I had this feeling all thru my childhood and remember it well.

I still don't know what it meant. Maybe it as just being a kid or maybe it as something more. I dont know.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
There are a great many children, right now on Earth, that tell the same story as your son. They don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings in wanting to go home. Children are very pure and are the closest things we have to perfect love. Please consider going to Amazon and picking up a book about "diamond children". Or get Delores Cannon's book "The three waves of volunteers and the new earth". Your getting informed now will help you much later in life when you child decides to try and save the planet. (That's exactly what these littles ones are here to do....) Ok, it's a bit scary and it sounds new agey. Just put all that garbage aside. You don't have to tell him what you are doing or why. However, it WILL give you some ideas about what he is feeling now and facing in the days ahead. Personally, I am thrilled to see parents like you seeking out info in this subject area. Cudos to you for being a good dad!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Kids are more aware of spiritual stuff than adults who rationalize everything. You started as a spiritual being and you return that way again. Maybe he can somehow remember? It's your responsibility then to make sure he gets home.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Instead of asking him where home is try asking him what home is like. He may not know where it was /is but he may be able to give you details about it that will allow you to figure out where he is talking about.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
My son is also about 3 and a half yrs right now and for the last 7-8 months has has also been asking to go home. After we assure him he is already home he looks around and will turn to my wife and I and pronounce that he is not in his home.
I am guessing that he might be having a little memory of the time in the womb, especially because he looks visibly upset, shakes at times when he asks to go home and then will find his mom, crawl up on her belly and almost immediately be calmed down and withing minutes, asleep.

Maybe "home" to my son is a proximity to his mothers heartbeat, I don't really know for sure but I have seen it enough times to know what soothes him.

my .02
edit on 4-3-2013 by evc1shop because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Omg, that was weird...when i first started reading this thread, i thought to myself 'wow, thats kinda how my son was at age 3or 4...because he was convinced he was from Texas'. Then i scroll to read the next reply and you mentioned ur son and texas....bizzaarre!
. So what is it with texas? (We live in Indiana, btw) Hes 8 now, and doesnt remember ever saying that. Just curious, did your son ever watch spongebob? Sandy the squirrel on there, always talks about texas. My son did watch a some spongebob...so i just thought maybe thats where he got from. Whos knows, kids say the darnest things!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
reply to post by sulaw

I did! I questioned him many different times about the green lady and the helicopter. He would descibe a crash by motioning his hand going down, but that's really all I ever got from him. I asked him who the green lady was but he would just shrug his shoulders.
May I suggest "the green lady" might be the Statue of Liberty?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you very much. That's very kind of you. Oh, if you seen my two boys you would absolutely fall in love. Those two are characters and fill my days with happiness. And they can be hellions too. LOL

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

So you actually remember it! That's great. Thank you for posting that.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Every parent thinks their kid is special. But to start wondering if their behavior is paranormal in some way and seriously posting about it on a forum?

Id expect this kind of thinking from some tribe in a 3rd world country but not in a first world country.I hope you don't traumatize the poor kid by making him think there's something wrong with him or telling him hes got ghosts in side him or something. I find this very worrying.

edit on 4-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

3rd-world country? No. I don't get excited, or come running, or make a big deal about it any time he says it. In a normal tone, I just ask him where home is. When he asks, the tone of his voice changes like he is longing. The only time he gets that tone in his voice is when he wants something. My wife asked him if he wanted to go to mamaw and papaws and he said no! He wanted to go home. This is while we are standing in our living room and he knows no other 'home'. I'm keeping an open mind and trying not to rush to any conclusions about it.

I started this thread to see if maybe anyone here has experienced this, and as you can see, there are!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by evc1shop
My son is also about 3 and a half yrs right now and for the last 7-8 months has has also been asking to go home. After we assure him he is already home he looks around and will turn to my wife and I and pronounce that he is not in his home.
I am guessing that he might be having a little memory of the time in the womb, especially because he looks visibly upset, shakes at times when he asks to go home and then will find his mom, crawl up on her belly and almost immediately be calmed down and withing minutes, asleep.

Maybe "home" to my son is a proximity to his mothers heartbeat, I don't really know for sure but I have seen it enough times to know what soothes him.

my .02
edit on 4-3-2013 by evc1shop because: punctuation

You know, I never really thought about that as that is a very interesting theory! Thanks for posting that.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 3point14

The Statue Of Liberty is called that? I should know that but don't remember it ever being referred to as that. I wonder if there were ever anty heli crashes around it? Time to do some Googling! Thanks for that!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I wish I could reply to all of you, as there are some great posts here, but I'm limited in time. I appreciate the advice and am going to try some of it right now. Just maybe ask him to draw it again or have him to try and explain it to me. I had him draw it once but he isn't really artistic. My other son was writing and drawing incredible pic's at that age, and so was my daughter, aNOT that he's slow or anything because he's perfectly normal and healthy, thankfully. He was born with two big holes in his heart but they have since closed on there own. I told my wife that he got that from me because I have a broken heart. She understands and knows what I'm talking about. But again, thank you all and I'll post as soon as I get a moment.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
My earliest memories are of feeling that I somehow didn't belong in my home and that I wanted to go home.
I am now in my late 40's and I have accepted my lot. By the way I had a loving family with absolutely no reason to feel this.
I also believe that kids until a certain age can remember things but this fades with time.
As for the green lady there is a lot in Irish and Scottish folklore about female spirits dressing in green.
My Father who is 86 and has Alzheimers has said on a few occasions of seeing a lady dressed in green at his bedside or at the door. I don't know what this means but then again he has also seen mice riding skateboards
which to me is a bigger concern.
I am sure your kids are fine.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

What an interesting post!

I've always pondered on reincarnation and in a sense find it more logical than any theory of sin and judgement/punishment and I can see why you would think this might be related. I know people say ah well kids just have stronger imaginations but I think that's a huge cop out answer that is just allowed too much power to sweep occurences under the rug and forget about them.

For example, I've always been a creative individual, excelling in art/design and problem solving while pursuing a career as an engineer (I used to love making robots out of lego as a child and providing them power packs and all these silly technical things xD) and pretty much most my friends describe me as the most imaginative person they know and wonder how I come up with some of the things I do. However, I never had imaginary friends or saw strange things and said it to my parents or anything like that. You have to ask yourself why does one child possess this ability to physically see imaginary friends or recall events that didn't happen while another doesn't, and why aren't these same children complete creative geniuses at a later stage? I mean, even though as we grow and conform to society people say our imagination is hindered, at the same time with growth and experience our capacity to imagine a greater range of things should also increase.

I definitely think there can be something more to it. I would definitely be concerned if my child said it was visited by weird people every night or something like that, because from its perspective this is REAL and happening, and who are you to say it is a complete product of the imagination rather than perhaps a childs capacity to experience a wider range of sensory input - it's very hard to prove with 100% certaintity which case it is.

Anyway, someone suggested a good idea about asking your child to draw 'home', I would be interested to see the result of that! Also that helicopter/green lady story is very interesting, perhaps the memories of your childs last life moments and well as for the green lady...my friend had an experience on a powerful shamanic substance that took him through the process of dying, meeting green reptillian like beings who told him they created humanity and was then spiritually reborn. I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous, but after reading many peoples experiences and accounts on this substance I was very shocked and surprised to hear that a significantly large proportion of users have experienced these same green reptile/mantis type beings and their link to humanity/creation/birth and death. It's absolutely mindblowing and perhaps an explanation for who this green lady was?

Ofcourse, it could all be information from the television/radio/conversations lodged in their subconscious which is manifested in a vision or thought at a later time, but where would the fun discussion be in that?!

Peace bro.
edit on 4-3-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I had the same feeling too as a child. My family didn't seem like my family sometimes. My home felt like it was in the stars. When I was about seven or so, I remember sitting by the window at night in bed and just longing to "go home" and not understanding why I felt that way.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I had the same feeling too as a child. My family didn't seem like my family sometimes. My home felt like it was in the stars. When I was about seven or so, I remember sitting by the window at night in bed and just longing to "go home" and not understanding why I felt that way.

I still feel like that, when I look at the stars and the sky at night the feel and smell of the air feels strange and foreign,the ambient sounds that usually sound normal suddenly sound foreign and strange when I look at stars.

It`s kind of like when you go away from home on vacation and the place you are staying has a differnet smell and different ambient sounds than the place where you live.even if you close your eyes and try to imagine that you are at home your brain knows that you aren`t because things sound and smell different.

edit on 4-3-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I'm wondering why it hurts you to hear your son say he wants to go home if you believe in reincarnation.

I have no idea if reincarnation is real or not, but if it is then this is just the natural order of things and having a child who remembers a past life is something that should be accepted rather than being the cause of distress.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Ok I want to toss out an idea about “let’s go home” “I want to go home” and why your kid might be saying it.

I say it to this day, and I will get into that in just a moment.

Just the other night here on ats I was reading around and I looked up memory, but ran across a thread talking about mk-ultra and programming a person’s mind. Not my kinda thing but I gave it a quick read, it was very detailed and a large thread.

Now in that thread something caught my eye and it was that same exact phrase, and it went on to say that when programmed subjects said that, they were in fact putting themselves back under the “handlers” programming. So if the subject was breaking free from the program or slipping that phrase which is embedded in the mind to bring it “Home” as you will.
Like a build in safety so the subject wasn’t lost, and required new programming.

I would like to add to your original thought on the matter in reincarnation , maybe he does feel as if he is in a different place but has a new programing where he must say the words “I want to go home” to bring him back in the current program.

Also I’ve read theories on how people say the “bright light at the end of the tunnel” is part of the reprogramming tool, and when we head to it, that is where we are reprogrammed for a new life, the idea is we are all enslaved here.

Now for me….

I say it after a large amount of drinking when the next day I feel as if I am completely lost, feel strange and as if I don’t have control of thoughts, or can’t focus and feel as if I see differently.

But I know drinking isn’t good for the mind. But had to add that because maybe I’m damaging my mind and a damaged mind isn’t very usable. I don’t believe I’m programmed by the way
more likely I feel like I’m losing it and I want to go back to normal, where the drug alcohol has made me feel foreign in my own body.

Take that as you will.

Matt

edit on 4-3-2013 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2013 by Sippy Cup because: fixed "thought"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join