It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does my 3 1/2y.o. son keep saying that he wants to go home?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
Hmmm, Did he go somewhere, from home, before he started to say this. I believe children are much more open minded and may see things, that the average adult has become blind too

No. He's only lived here. They do go to the grand parents house, but when they ask to go there, they say "mamaw and papaws".

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck

Wow. That's incredible. I never really thought that deep into it but I'm open-minded. Stuff like this facinates me.

I have to step out but will be back this evening. I'll catch up.
edit on 4-3-2013 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
BTW I did S@F this thread, seems members are feeling selfish with the stars these days.

Pretty much if I post in a thread the OP will receive at lest a star from me if not both S@F.

The reason I personally gave this thread an S@F was because it attracts more members to take a look and this is an interesting subject with some great responses, I would love to hear more comments.

*Seems your children are normal, natural and adorable*

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I always thought one of the scariest lines in any movie I ever saw (I can't even remember the move...fire in the sky??) was where this little boy's being put to bed and he says to his dad: "I don't want the little doctors to come tonight" because he was being abducted by aliens every night. Then I had kids of my own, and they say all sorts of weird stuff, and I don't discourage it because it's nice to let them develop their imaginations.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Ask him to describe "home" and see what he says. Perhaps ask him who else is there at his home. See if you can get a few details. Maybe even ask him to draw a picture.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What if he is a precog? You know and he thinks "His" home is that one you haven't moved into yet. Or maybe like my pot head friend (no offense here) he just forgets he is home. You know that 3 year old brains not yet hardwired for total comprehension yet.

Now if he said "Daddy I was a King of Mesopotamia" or "Daddy I was the Tzar of Russia", or my personal favorite, "Daddy...I miss Atlantis!" then you might have a case for reincarnation, cause as far as I have read only famous people make it back through for another spin cycle!

I am of course kidding. My daughter at that age could read and tell me about Dinosaurs...but I never put the correlation she could have been talking from a past life!
edit on 4-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So strange! My son (also coincidentally 3 1/2) says he wants to go home as well. When I asked him where home is he replied, " up in the Buddha ship." Children are so sensitive to things most of us are oblivious to. It doesn't make me uneasy, just piques my curiosity!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Your thread has struck a chord with me, for a long time now my daughter has done a similar thing...Often say's she wants to go home, even though she is at home.

Its never really made any sense, she is six now, and I just popped into her room, to ask her why she says it.

She say's she doesn't really know why she says it, just that she does, she even just said to me "I'll stop saying it if you want me to Mummy!"

Of course I have said there is no need, and she may continue to say it, if that is how she feels.

Very strange, sorry I can't give you anymore insight, I thought that perhaps, as she was a little older, she may give more indication, but alas not.

It's almost as though she feels compelled to say it, without understanding why she says it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So a 3 year old child is saying he wants to go home, while at home.
And people start jumping to conclusions that he must be experiencing some memory of his 'past life'. Kids have a vivid imagination. Then they listen to their parents talking about reincarnations....

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
One of the best ways for him to express would be drawing. For a 3 yr old that might be a stretch, but he might be a prodige also lol.....ask him to draw different pictures of "home". If he draws say, 5 different ones, you might have 1 where you might understand where home is for him, or you might be confused, but its worth a shot.

Ask your other child to draw also before they forget!

Please post update on them if you or your wife are able to figure it out, good luck!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well i was kinda skeptical at first reading your OP. but then reading on I realized the phenomenon is prevalent and historically there are famous people who claimed to remember where they came from. I will name the obvious: Jesus. Its amazing that he didn't forget where he was from until the day he died.

What I suggest you do, is take a tape recorder and just ask him to describe it. Its always good to keep a journal of these things. Who knows, maybe answers will come one day.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

So a 3 year old child is saying he wants to go home, while at home. And people start jumping to conclusions that he must be experiencing some memory of his 'past life'. Kids have a vivid imagination. Then they listen to their parents talking about reincarnations....

It’s what happens on ATS, give it a couple of days and this thread will have close to 100 flags and a few hundred replies.

It’s what happens on ATs, after all it is a conspiracy site so I wouldn’t be to surprise by this, I just accept it now people get excited about the prospect of precog kids or “proof” of reincarnation so people who hold such views will flock to this thread. It’s unfortunate but it’s going to probably happen, and members like you and I may even end up getting flamed for being so dismissive of the idea because we’re not “awake”.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Although there could be a number of different reasons, I definitely wouldn't put 'reincarnation' out of the question.
I recently read the book 'Only Love is Real' by Brian Weiss MD. If you've ever wanted to learn more about reincarnation or put some scientific/academic research towards the idea, I would highly recommend checking out his books.

Also, this kind of reminds me of a little 3 year old girl I met a few months ago. Her mom brought her into my work and as I was checking them out the girl was sitting on the counter top. She looked right at me and said 'I'm from mars.' I looked at her mom, whom laughed a little bit and said 'Oh, she says that all the time.' They passed it off as a 'vivid imagination' but I couldn't help but think "I believe you!" I wanted to ask her more questions about it, but I didn't want to make the mom uncomfortable.

Anyway, I would say to keep asking your kid about 'home.' Try to learn as much as you can about what 'home' is to him, and see how it changes as he grows up.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
So a 3 year old child is saying he wants to go home, while at home.
And people start jumping to conclusions that he must be experiencing some memory of his 'past life'. Kids have a vivid imagination. Then they listen to their parents talking about reincarnations....

reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ever read the book 'Only Love is Real' by Brian Weiss MD (or any other of his books) ?

If not, I would recommend that you do. There is a lot more to reincarnation than you may think, and honestly, it's pretty ignorant to pass it off as nothing without truly learning about reincarnation and the academic proof there is to back it up.

Cheers.
edit on 4-3-2013 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I believe the reason newborn humans are not able to communicate effectively until much later , is because they are not allowed to.

The mysteries of life and universe would be revealed if babies could talk right after birth.

But you know, after being saturated for a few first years with the sesame street freaks or stuffed fluffy animals that talk, telletubies, disney etc, absolute little geniuses get manufactured into a few years down the assembly line. What a shame.

G.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

When I was around 4 yrs. old I remember standing at the kitchen sink and crying because I wanted to go home... but I was home. I did not want to stay here, but I knew I had to.

I am in my fifties now, and I can still remember the sadness, the homesickness, the yearning to go back to a place I remember as being beautiful with loving people all around.

Your child is "remembering" a REAL memory. I don't think all these people coming forward with children saying the same thing is something that is coming from their imagination. I know my memories/feelings were as real as it gets... enough to make me cry my eyes out, and beg them to come get me!

They didn't come...
I have things to do first.

Flagged your thread.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
They could also be reassuring themselves that this is home...

I made a couple of quips because this lacked any other indication that this is a case of reincarnation. But everyone posted immediately about that.

What other evidence do you offer that this is re-incarnation or is this one of those threads that is not that descriptive but just vague enough leading to speculation?

I have a theory about this and may start a new thread called.

Why does my Dog stare at me like that?

And a very brief but introductory description of my dogs visual antics and then let it loose on ATS.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Well, i have felt like i wanna go home since i was a youngster, still feel that way everyday.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sadly thats more true, than not which is why I advocate the OP testing out the information. If the data his kid gives him has some merit, then the conversation can evolve. Then again if this IS nothing more then a kids fantasy, then it can be written off, case closed.

"We of the un-awaken demand testing". (LOL that should be on a door somewhere)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
For the last several months now, my son will say: "Daddy, I wanna go home." I say you are home son. Then he points in no particular direction and says: "No daddy! I wanna go home." So I ask him where home is. Most of the time he looks around and just changes the subject or walks away. He's told my wife this a bunch of times too. I believe in reincarnation and think this is what's going on here. It hurts me a little everytime he says it. What I wanna know is, has anyone here had this happen? And how did you deal with it?

I'd also like to add that my other son, who is 4 1/2, was repeatedly talking about a "green lady" and a "helicopter crash" when he was 1 1/2, up until now. He talked about it more then than he does now, though.

Thoughts? Comments?

All, start from above, and above is referred to as home to those who reference it. Most young ones will retain the memory of above before being placed here.

Your other son could have seen the events play out before he was sent into the physical.

As far as past life's, that is possible he would remember, but it would not be in the body in this current cycle. He would have had to remember from a previous cycle.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join