It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting Prevented - Student Disarms Gunman…Gets Suspended?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I think its the fact that the fight was one on one, so he would have probably just shot that one guy and split. To say that a mass shooting was prevented is stretching it at least a bit.

Just my take.

I understand, but what constitutes “mass”? I think a gunman with a loaded revolver on a school bus could create a “mass” murder. How many people need to die before it’s a “mass” shooting?

I think some people are trying to distract others with semantics because it’s easier than debating the issue.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
I understand, but what constitutes “mass”? I think a gunman with a loaded revolver on a school bus could create a “mass” murder. How many people need to die before it’s a “mass” shooting?

But it was a one on one argument so chances are there would have only been one and that is if the guy with the gun actually intended to shoot and wasn't just grandstanding.

I think some people are trying to distract others with semantics because it’s easier than debating the issue.

There really is no issue. SOP states all parties in a fight get suspended till things cool down and are sorted out. That in no way means that the kid is not considered a hero.

edit on 5-3-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Infi8nity

You want to know why i am annoyed? Because its a lie.
Your on a site witch is supposed to represent truth. Yet....
How can I trust you when make up titles to get people to view your threads.

Please tell me what I made up…or move along.

I don’t know how much more clearly I can make it.

Mass Shooting Prevented

Student Disarms Gunman

Student Suspended

Because it did not say ANY THING about him wanting to kill multiple people.
Just ONE person.

You know what you did you admitted it all ready.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Just ONE person.

Well, when a lunatic starts shooting in a crowded bus, I’m confident there will be more than one casualty. If a person has made the decision to take a life, when confronted by opposition, he will likely take out anyone in his way. This is the mindset of a killer. This isn’t the food and cooking forum that you frequent, so it requires a different mindset to grasp the mentality.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Just ONE person.

Well, when a lunatic starts shooting in a crowded bus, I’m confident there will be more than one casualty. If a person has made the decision to take a life, when confronted by opposition, he will likely take out anyone in his way. This is the mindset of a killer. This isn’t the food and cooking forum that you frequent, so it requires a different mindset to grasp the mentality.

The mentality is, they are a TEAM he wanted to kill that ONE person. They wear on a bus talking witch means the target was probably at close range and not hard to hit. As if that matters....
Now we are both pulling # out of asses.

You all ready admitted what i pointed out.
Its pointless arguing, you know what you did.

The FBI's definition of a mass shooting is killing 4 or more people. You really think he would have killed 4 of his team mates, his possible friends.... I grew up in a rough neighborhood, every one has compassion no matter what the main stream media wants you to think. I can grasp the mentality I grew up and am still living in a rough neighborhood. People have compassion no matter what the main stream media brain washed you to believe.

edit on 5-3-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Haha, I'm not shocked by this in the slightest.

When I was in school I was suspended for many stupid things. I unknowingly sat in a girls seat
at lunch time. Instead of saying something to me, she went to the principal and told him I threatened
to kill her. I was suspended for 10 days, AND brought to court, 1 year probation, AND anger management/therapy.
I was interviewed by detectives, as were my parents. All the while, I was an innocent 13 year old boy.

I know a girl (who was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome, poor girl) that went through a similar
mess. All she had to do was have a small nail in her hand. She was just tapping it and holding it.

This takes the cake though.
THE EDUCATION SYSTEM IS A JOKE.... Ahem.. sorry!
Alas, We still all agree that these kids are heroes, and they should be immensely proud.
On the other hand, the principle of that school should be ashamed of himself.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

not sure about others but, i perceive all 3 of them as 'heros' for disarming a clearly disturbed student. it was a 'team' effort that was reported.

as for your 'devil's advocate' position, considering what's been published, that'd be a stretch.

however, i think you and many others are still missing a vital point ... the 'gun' travelled to, through, and after school, during an after-school activity and back again, before it made an appearance

considering our current climate, how did THAT happen ??
especially with children who are not legally old enough to 'possess' one ??

the gun was loaded, so he had the capability to kill a minimum of 6 and quite possibly more depending on the model of gun.

and as for a potential body count, you do realize 1 bullet can kill more than one person, right ? especially in such close quarters.

this is beyond bullying.
and, if 'bullying' necessitating the use of a gun existed, there would be a record of it and these boys certainly wouldn't be 'team-mates'

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartesia

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by cartesia
bet that kid would feel a bit different if him trying to wrestle the gun away had gotten the other guy killed... chances are the guy with the gun would never have pulled the trigger if left be.
edit on 4-3-2013 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

Wow that has to be one of the most idiotic statements I have ever heard.... Lets see kid has LOADED gun pointing at another kid threatening to kill him with it yeah lets wait around and see if he really means it... Geeze what is wrong with you? Someone points a gun at you or anyone else and threatens to kill you/them you have no choice but to assume he means it and take what ever action you can to stop him. You think the police wait around to see it you mean it if you point a gun at them... Sigh!

You ever shot someone just cos you hate them? think if you worked up the courage to pull a gun on them you could actually go through with it?

You think if I'm pointing a gun at someone and he has no equally capable weapon he's gonna come at me? I'm talkin about real life, not a #in kung fu movie.

Come at me while I'm pointin a gun and the shot will be off regardless how fast you move. Such is the case for anyone who's determined to shoot. My question is why didnt the kid kill the other kid, if you're so sure he had it in him? Either that or he wanted to be wrestled down. which means he never had it in him in the first place.

Jesus hell please tell me you are not really this stupid??? Yeah lets psychoanalyze the situation while one person is pointing a gun at another and verbally threatens to shoot him.... un effing believable!!! Dude just shut it now anbd spare yourself any further embarrassment...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Well thank you ATS police. Not sure what we would do without your nitpicking to keep us all straight.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Kids...they're damned if they do and damned if they don't!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The title is a bit misleading as another member already stated, but the primary idea is spot on and I entirely agree that this student should be honored instead of punished.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here is a little more info of what happened:
Student Suspended After Disarming Gunman

Officials later revealed the student was suspended because he didn't cooperate with the investigation.

The boy's mother said she believes her son wouldn't reveal the details to police because he was "born and raised" not to "snitch."

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I realy don't know what the real reason is for, but, I can notice they are producing panic and fear into people, with that. I am not sure that any other reason exists, except terorising. I think that should be prevented in some way.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join