It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope frontrunner issues call for a World Government, "Birth of a New Society"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hi,
Apocaliptic Literature
Development of the old testament canon
Christian biblical canons
Ethiopian orthodox tewahedo church
Book of Enoch

I remember when the television would beg and plea for me to send my charity to the children of Ethiopia...

I'd be flabbergasted when I'd attend a catholic service in such an adorned structure while knowing there are children in Ethiopia dying by the hundreds per day.

We are the World I guess we forgot?

Is spirituality a religion that must be administered to the flock by a man in a robe?
Who counsels me when I think to myself when the idea/solution comes to me out of the air?

The problem with serving others is lost in the administration.

WCC

edit on (2/28/1313 by loveguy because: 4got last link

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Good catch
"befriending spirit"

Pope resigns, lighting strikes, Cardinal Claudio dies, and Turkson fits the bill perfectly.

I don't know about getting too buried into scripture anymore. Perhaps we have been given a playbill. Seems like the Vatican has the complete script for the play and it is going according to plan.

Peter Turkson will be the next Pope. He will liberalize the Church. He will destroy the Westphalian Order and lead Rome to the NWO.

Make's Dan Browns stuff seem a bit dry eh?
edit on 28-2-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I am a Christian and I see the pope as just another man, no one special... God loves him no more than he loves me or anyone else.

The Catholic church doesn't say that God loves the pope more than anyone else.
In fact, the Catholic church says that God loves everyone EQUALLY.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Good catch
"befriending spirit"

Pope resigns, lighting strikes, Cardinal Claudio dies, and Turkson fits the bill perfectly.

I don't know about getting too buried into scripture anymore. Perhaps we have been given a playbill. Seems like the Vatican has the complete script for the play and it is going according to plan.

Peter Turkson will be the next Pope. He will liberalize the Church. He will destroy the Westphalian Order and lead Rome to the NWO.

Make's Dan Browns stuff seem a bit dry eh?
edit on 28-2-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

I'm thinking that the Vatican is guilty of purposeful, self-fulfilling prophecy. What better way is there to distract the attention away from banking and molestation scandals, as well as a possible decline in global relevance, than to play on the very fear-based prophecies that have held a world in anticipation for Armageddon for two millennia?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Whomever becomes pope becomes the leader of the Old Nag Church will have some interesting shoes to fill. The church was a barnstorming, witch burning, heretic slaying banshee in her youth. She kept the populace ignorant of basic ideas like reading, mathmatics, science, and philosophy. She would not hear of any other view but her own. Today's taliban took a lot of notes from her playbook. She bullied kings and emperors, stirred dissent among the populace, and executed jews and muslims with equal bloodthirsty glee. In her name entire civilizations were razed and raped for their land and gold. Survivors were sold as mere slaves, and the histories of proud peoples vanished in the incense laden chapels. Now, in her dottage, she craves the limelight once more. She had a good man, The last pope. He was quiet, retiring, yet forceful in his longing to do good in spite of old mother church's mean streak. He reminded me of the kindly old man married to a bitter old hellcat.. constantly trying to make up for the shortcomings of his other half. Ratzinger ( yeah, I know, spelled wrong I am sure) was a far better match for the Nag. Both of them spit vitriol with equal vigor. He was a nazi youth not through being told to do so, but willingly and lovingly embracing the Nazi propaganda in the latter days of its existence. I saw in this pope's eyes not love but hardness. Heard in his voice not compassion but complacency for the economic shortcomings of the world's smallest country and downright dismissal of priests committing unspeakable acts of cruelty to children and the defenseless. This was the very man who was solely in charge of getting these pedophiles reported then brought to justice! What was done? Nothing. I will not be amazed or shocked by what sort of man is put on the throne next. I am glad the Old Hag is past her prime. We have another banshee knocking at our door now.. fundamental islamists. Not all islamists, mind you. Just those crazies who think you should bow 5 times a day in prayer or loose your head. Ahh, religion, ain't it grand?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The Roman Empire was the "world government" at the begining of Christianity. Has he forgotten that? Has he forgotten what happened to Christians during that time? What place does he see for organized religion in a one world government (NWO)?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Not only did Jesus not mention a New world government. You watch the atheist church try and team up with the Catholics. And even one day the pope might say " The Bible is outdated we need to update it!" ..watch

Anyway the Illumined want a NWO badly, so they wont stop. Their determined

Yeah yeah mock religion, three fingers pointing back, psychos.
edit on 28-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

How very wrong, the catholics address earthly matters head on too.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Who are you to tell people what they should believe?

Just because you enjoyed the book " The God delusion" doesnt mean everyone else should..

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Nobody cares about your "faith" or your "war." They just want your brand loyalty. Ponder that the next time someone asks you to raise a flag or cross in their own interest.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

The only "world government" we are to support is when Jesus comes back and reigns.

Hey Laz.. me again...

These types of statements are why I cannot believe in Christianity. To me it sounds as ridiculous as, The only wld government we are to support is when santa clause comes back and reigns...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I am a Christian and I see the pope as just another man, no one special... God loves him no more than he loves me or anyone else.

The Catholic church doesn't say that God loves the pope more than anyone else.
In fact, the Catholic church says that God loves everyone EQUALLY.

What the church "says" and what it "does" are two different things. The kissing of the ring is so absurd to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

The only "world government" we are to support is when Jesus comes back and reigns.

Or Horus or Buddah or Muhamed or Marduk or Hermes or Thoth or
Quetzalcoatl or Zeus or Dionysus...etc etc

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Catholicism is reckoned as being nothing like true Christianity, by a large percentage of Christians.

We who are outside the Catholic faith disagree over many things (often in ridiculous ways) but there is a majority consensus that the Catholic Church is rife with idolatry, greed/ worship of money & power structures (including the church's organisational structure in itself), abuse of power in various forms, theft from the poor, being 'in bed' with the world, exercising control by duplicitous arrangements with other states/ groups, etc.

Many evangelicals believe that the Catholic Church is one of the 'beasts' in the multi-dimensional prophetic Book of Revelation. The Great Whore, Babylon the Great, etc.

So, the issue of what the prospective Pope says or doesn't say, isn't really about Christianity at all - it's about Catholicism. Which is, in the eyes of many, quite different from what was originally intended to be a model of 'church'. *

Catholicism in itself seems to revel in being disobedient to the higher calls of Christian living.

Jesus clearly spoke against a number of Catholic practices - such as that of calling men 'Father' (IE - not to do so, as it would falsely distinguish them as being superior in the eyes of God - in Truth, all are equal..) Additionally, the Bible is full of direct instructions not to waft around with pomp and circumstance, wearing luxurious robes, making elaborate public prayers to gain the attention of mankind. Jesus also clearly made a point about his earthly mother being blessed, but that more blessed would be those who actually obeyed His commands. So, in effect, He was saying that any number of living humans can be more blessed than Mary; therefore, how can she herself be a conduit to God's blessing?

NB - It only makes sense to obey His commands if He is what He claimed to be.

* NB - Church, as it should be, is a place for developing a shared expression of personal faith, based upon the inspired sharing of individual personal experience & a shared experience of God's presence. It's also a place wherein the administration of charitable endeavour takes shape. It is fellowship upon Earth, living 'right' & being accountable to each other, practicing charity & devotion - yes, sharing the sacraments with reverence - but without all the empty materialistic window dressing.

Postscript, for anyone who might want to read it:

Jesus is either that which was claimed of Him, and that which He claimed (the incarnate, then ascended, 'Living Word of God', the Creative 'Son' of the Godhead) or - as CS Lewis stated - if not that, then He could only else be a madman, or 'the very devil of hell'. He isn't just another 'good moral teacher' - some of the stuff He said is too bombastic & 'out there' to be considered ordinary moral teaching. He was too intense to be considered a gentle 'spiritual man'. He gave orders to the lower spirits, and they had no choice but to obey. His miracles were ridiculous feats of total control over the created order of things. Jesus is either is the timeless, sovereign 'I AM' - above all things & beyond all constraints, with full authority over everything - or, He isn't.

If He is, then we are sensible to pay close attention to what He said, and what was said by His close followers. In fact, we are greatly blessed for opening that door, as per consistent testimony down the millennia (from devotees in various denominational groups) showing the remarkable clarity of insight, the wondrous mystical experience & richness of blessing associated with deep Christian meditative lifestyles. It's not about a 'ticket to Heaven', it's about a living connection with God, and about serving the needs of your fellow man whilst on Earth in a physical body..

Much needs to be taken on faith, as the ancient records themselves are simple textual & oral traditions passed down. But, the experience of those who have taken the traditions at their self-stated 'face value', has often been one of incredible power, wonder, healing, renewal, freedom & joy. Ultimately, a choice to follow Christ (to become a Christian) should lead a person to total selflessness in societal endeavour & personal sacrifice beyond what could have been imagined for anything not entirely TRUE, and enough of a reward in itself to justify a lifetime of commitment. Time & again, this has proven true in the lives of saintly folk for two thousand years, and people continue to lay down their lives as a witness to the living reality of their faith in the eternal Lordship of Jesus Christ.

It is the world's most controversial faith, because it has the potential to get someone totally in line with Truth, thus the 'Enemy of our souls' HATES it. Demonic powers thus work hard to discredit/ pervert it, sadly with a great deal of success in many ways.

FITO.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Your utterly inane comment demonstrates that you have zero knowledge of comparative theology, and yet you get two stars for trying to sound 'cool'.

Well done. /sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AtticusRye

Is this Cardinal Peter Turkson(Peter the roman)?

If they pick this guy. TSOfficiallyHTF.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
bout time the church said something slightly reasonable.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Whether you are Christian, Catholic or any other, they all come under the same book. Whats the difference? Do you have a different interpretation of the bible or something?

Actually, Yes.
Every Christian Religious Group, be they Lutheran, Baptist, Catholic or Adventist Cherry Pick through the Bible Picking and choosing what they deem to be the most important scriptures and which to ignore.
edit on 28-2-2013 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

But, what is true christianity? Orthodox Christianity? Many scholars classify any that accept the Trinity established by the Council of Nicea as neo-Christianity.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AtticusRye

Interesting could this be the real reason why Benedict resigned? So they could promote world government and he was not on board?

Having said that World government at this stage is the most stupid and dangerous thing anyone could advocate. I don't care how good the intentions are consolidating that kind of power into one ruling body is just insane and the psychopaths would come out of the woodwork to try and get hold of and usurp that kind of power as they are already doing and pushing for now. With the historical track record of governments. (they have murdered more people then any other group of people through out history) it is pure insanity to think of it.

Humanity has a long way to go in evolution for the world to be united. And when humanity reaches that point in evolution to where we can all work together voluntarily there will be no need for government. If the Christ or his representative comes and reigns it will not be like people think where he will be a benevolent dictator. There will be no use of force as current governments do. It will be only when Humanity is ready to cooperate voluntarily with each other and treat each other right with love and respect and using the golden rule that he will bother to come.

edit on 28-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join