It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Heaven? How do we make it there?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc4denmark

Originally posted by Leuan

reply to post by Leuan

Exactly, you build, destroy or ignore. But that does not come from god, that is from humans self, you dont need a deity to tell you that, it is common knowledge, which our ancient ancestors knew to perfection. And they did not believe in Jesus

One can believe anything he wants to, as long as hes believe wont directly or indirectly have impacts on those who don't believe. Then we all can live in peaceful harmony

Building doesn't come from God? What? Where did we come from then? A galactic gangbang? Please. I know you're trying, but have some reflection and really ponder your existence.
Do you really hate this gift of life? Do you really believe it means NOTHING?

Wow, you are really stretching for straws here aren't you, It is not called gangbang, it is called the BIG BANG, or maybe it is really the big bounce, as some physicians have theorized.

The humans have EVOVLED, our brains have evolved to, meaning we where able to create new societies and BUILD weapons, houses and so on.

Come on, explain me why it took God SO long before he told people that he was the one, and not Odin and Thor, or the greek gods. Why did the Sumer's, Mayans, Aztecs and Egyptians all believe in multiple Gods and not Jesus? Christianity first got mainstream when the Romans used it for political and military reasons.

Try to use some common sense and pick up a history book ones in a while will ya.

PS where in the world do you get that I hate my life? I love my life, my friends and all the experience I have had.

It seems like whenever you feel pressed, you attack the person, the other one told me I did not take my life seriously, you told the other one he was a fool, and now you ask me if I hate my life ?! Come on dude, have some respect.
edit on 16-2-2013 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

Exactly you have more faith in theories of men than anything else. The joke was, I'm a believer and I believe in multiverse theory or the possibility that it's true. Anything is possible and any physivist will agree.
In regards to the roman/greek pantheons: that's your arguement against the Father? He came in the flesh to Right the wrongs that were destroying our society.
Look at how fast we're going down hill. And you would be the type to say "it's gods fault"

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I didn't mention the planet
I replied to a post that did I spoke of eternity

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mc4denmark

And those Christians would say the exactly same thing about you, that you where wrong and they where right. Sooo many people say they found god, but all have their version of what he wants. Its remarkable how many people who are "false" Christians if you ask the nex one.

This is very true. Fundamentalists, who consider themselves the cream of the christian crop, teach a literal hell, a literal lake of fire, and eternal punishment. Literally. They will tell you any other teaching about it is wrong, and from the devil himself.

They would also say anyone not teaching a literal hell, is teaching false doctrine, and bound for hell themselves, if they don't repent.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

I would actually really like to know, if you believe that the world was created by God in 7 days, and that it is no older that 6000 years?

7 of our days? No.
I believe the erd is more than 6000 years old. I also believe that carbon dating is flawed just like these stinky "additions" made into the bible by men from the hollows

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Ok I'll bite,
Yes I declare that your (jealous) god is not real.
And I declare before all humanity that Yahweh your Essenite god of storms is a figment of bloodthirsty mysoginistic male focus. Which has been spectacularly sucessful in moulding human society to its own ends.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by mc4denmark

And those Christians would say the exactly same thing about you, that you where wrong and they where right. Sooo many people say they found god, but all have their version of what he wants. Its remarkable how many people who are "false" Christians if you ask the nex one.

This is very true. Fundamentalists, who consider themselves the cream of the christian crop, teach a literal hell, a literal lake of fire, and eternal punishment. Literally. They will tell you any other teaching about it is wrong, and from the devil himself.

They would also say anyone not teaching a literal hell, is teaching false doctrine, and bound for hell themselves, if they don't repent.

Fundamentalists, aka those who follow the fundamentals of the word, don't preach about hell and they certainly don't FORCE people to convert. It's the opposite. If you're so upset about seeing the words of Christians, then stop leveling accusations out of ignorance.
Peave

eta: to make sure you don't dodge: the idea of hell was a man made ideal from the catholic church. Whether catholics in the general population believe this, is up for debate
edit on 16-2-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
reply to post by Leuan

Ok I'll bite,
And I declare before all humanity that Yahweh your Essenite god of storms is a figment of bloodthirsty mysoginistic male focus. Which has been spectacularly sucessful in moulding human society to its own ends.

More proof you have no idea what we're about. I'm about done in here if this is the pinnacle of your thoughts- yaweh? I worship yaweh? The god of Israel?
What is "Israel"? Or what do you mean by that? The mapped Israel?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

The theories ? You mean the fact that we find ancient scriptures carved in stone, from Mayans and how the Egyptians tells their story's in wall painting in the giant pyramids, yes I tend to believe that this is what they believed at the time, more than I believe in a much younger bible, that also have been created by man. We see from bones that evolution is not a theory, the missing links does not really exist anymore. We have found tools dated 500.000 years ago in Africa. Now tell me why you would think that the known history is fake?

Soo, when the Christian god was on it best, we had the dark ages and people where literary being butched in the name of God. Are we better today ? Well, many people are waking up, claiming they want liberation, which is a sign of being awakened, we have our first steps at a unified people, it is called the internet. So even though we have many horrors, we also have developed tools for the betterment of mankind - Am I blaming God for the horrors? No, I don't believe in a God taking actions in our realm. What I am blaming is the capitalistic way of life and the financial structures of societies.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

Ok I'll bite,
I

More proof you have no idea what we're about. I'm about done in here if this is the pinnacle of your thoughts- yaweh? I worship yaweh? The god of Israel?

Go on then,
Refute the god of the israelites,
Father of your 'Christ'
Why have you forsaken me ?

Cause he doesn't exist.
edit on 16-2-2013 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Fundamentalists, aka those who follow the fundamentals of the word, don't preach about hell and they certainly don't FORCE people to convert.

You are obviously not a fundamentalist. And I didn't say they forced anyone to convert to anything.

If you're so upset about seeing the words of Christians, then stop leveling accusations out of ignorance.

I'm not upset at all. Nor did I make any accusations. I merely responded to a post I agreed with.

eta: to make sure you don't dodge: the idea of hell was a man made ideal from the catholic church. Whether catholics in the general population believe this, is up for debate

Dodge what? I didn't say it didn't come from the Catholic church. I simply stated what fundamentalists teach and believe.

Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

Ok I'll bite,
I

Go on then,
Refute the god of the israelites,
Father of your 'Christ'
Why have you forsaken me ?

Cause he doesn't exist.
edit on 16-2-2013 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

Father of my Christ? Wow. You have a pop culture idea of what God is all about. Sorry I don't know how to respond well to people that refuse to even read the 10 commandments or the core of the bible.
We know it has been changed, we know all about it. It's ours, remember?

None of this matters without the holy spirit, break! water

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Father of my Christ? Wow. You have a pop culture idea of what God is all about. Sorry I don't know how to respond well to people that refuse to even read the 10 commandments or the core of the bible.

Big words from someone who doesn't even know where Christianity got its traditions and beliefs. Christianity is the fruit of plagiarism. You can drop you armchair degree in the nearest waste basket on your way to the library, because it obviously isn't worth anything.

Jesus, Ash Wednesday, Christmas, Easter, "God", the holy trinity, baptism, the virgin mother...all of it was taken from cultures that were old before your Jesus is reputed to have been born. Go do some research instead of making a fool of yourself on a conspiracy website.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by Leuan

Fundamentalists, aka those who follow the fundamentals of the word, don't preach about hell and they certainly don't FORCE people to convert.

You are obviously not a fundamentalist. And I didn't say they forced anyone to convert to anything.

If you're so upset about seeing the words of Christians, then stop leveling accusations out of ignorance.

I'm not upset at all. Nor did I make any accusations. I merely responded to a post I agreed with.

Dodge what? I didn't say it didn't come from the Catholic church. I simply stated what fundamentalists teach and believe.

Have a nice day.

I agree, have a nice day too. Next time don't confuse us with the RCC

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

reply to post by EnochWasRight

By being not allowed to gain knowledge, you are being kept in the darkness. As such, your god kept Adam and eve in darkness, Satan gave them knowledge and therefor gave them enlightenment.

If you smoke, you get cancer. This is the debt you pay for being a thief. On the other hand, if you work out in a gym instead, you gain life. Cancer is not generated by exercise. This is because working for the gift you receive requires suffering. Either you suffer as the result of being a thief and taking or you suffer first to gain the reward. God offered us free knowledge. Instead, we choose to take that knowledge and eat of it by our own hands. Because of this, we toil for our food (Knowledge). The fruit of the garden is what it can produce. God gave it in perfection. By transmuting the garden, we make our own fruit from the Carbon.

Carbon is the mark of mankind and life. Carbon is the primary source of transmutation of the garden for our own fruit--technology.

Revelation 13

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e-or of mankind] That number is 666.

Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. It is the mark of mankind. We are the beast, yet we also have a divine soul. We must overcome the mark of Carbon by overcoming with the Word. The word is spoken with the breath.

Nitrogen has 7 electrons, 7 neutrons and 7 protons. Oxygen is 888. 777 is God's number of perfection. 888 is Christ in many different translations of the number. We overcome with the Word. Christ is the Word and both God and Christ are represented by the breath.

Satan is in Darkness. Mankind has had the veil torn. It's on a timetable. The final 1000 years (Day of the Lord) is when mankind overcomes the error with Christ as the head.

The Thousand Years
Revelation 20

20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

TIMETABLE

Genesis 6

6 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

The timetable is 120 golden jubilees of 50 years. That's 120X50=6000. The Watchers were warned by Enoch that they had 5055 years (70 generations) left. A generation is one tick of the precession (26000 divided by 360=72). This is why the Watchers left a calendar of long count years 5125 years to keep track. Long Count Calendars

Witnesses and Timetable of Creation

Jubilee Timeline

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end."

2 Days -Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
2 Days -Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
2 Days -Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
1 Day -Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)
-------
7 Days (7000 years - Approximately 6000 have passed)

Job 10:21 - Before I go whence I shall not return, even to the land of darkness and the shadow of death. But now these gates, which Christ declared would be no obstacle to His church, gave way to the One who is mentioned in Psalm 107:16 - For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder. Christ also seized the keys of death and of hell. Revelation 1:18 - I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

THREE DAYS

Check the timetable above. 2 days have passed since the first century. One remains. That's three days (3000) years.

Hosea 6

Israel Unrepentant

6 “Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.
2 After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will restore us,
that we may live in his presence.
3 Let us acknowledge the Lord;
let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises,
he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth.”

YES! After 2 days we are revived. That's now. After three he raises us. 1000 years left.

edit on 16-2-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Leuan

Big words from someone who doesn't even know where Christianity got its traditions and beliefs. Christianity is the fruit of plagiarism. You can drop you armchair degree in the nearest waste basket on your way to the library, because it obviously isn't worth anything.

Jesus, Ash Wednesday, Christmas, Easter, "God", the holy trinity, baptism, the virgin mother...all of it was taken from cultures that were old before your Jesus is reputed to have been born. Go do some research instead of making a fool of yourself on a conspiracy website.

So you're using pagan rituals and events and symbolic gestures to prove the new covenent false?
You're arguing from a negative standpoint. Christ came without force and left by force. It was so significant that there is a common era based on him./ Even the romans were puzzled, as with the people who nailed him to the cross in anger.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

If you smoke, you get cancer.

You know what, Ed? I'm SICK TO DEATH of seeing you say this. It is not true. What is true is that "IF you smoke, you MIGHT get cancer." Actually, most smokers DO NOT!

Most statistics look at the overall risk of lung cancer, combining both people who smoke and those who have never smoked. Based on United States statistics, the lifetime risk that an individual (men and women combined) will develop lung cancer is 6.9%, or 1 in 13 people. Clearly this number would be higher for people who smoke and much lower for people who have never smoked.
Studies in other countries have broken down the risk further to differentiate between never smokers, former smokers, and current smokers.

In a 2006 European study, the risk of developing lung cancer was:

0.2% for men who never smoked (0.4% for women)
5.5% for male former smokers (2.6% in women)
15.9% for current male smokers (9.5% for women)
24.4% for male “heavy smokers” defined as smoking more than 5 cigarettes per day (18.5% for women)

lungcancer.about.com...

I think you have a lot of worthwhile things to say, but I want to let you know that everytime I read this "declaration" of yours, I stop reading your posts.
I know it's off-topic and don't want to derail this thread (it's interesting!), but, please, stop saying that.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I blame it all on "God". He is the one who gave us all our flaws, he is the one who created the devil, he is the one who unleashed the devil upon the earth, and he is the one who decided not to push the reset button but leave it up to us to fulfill his wish of being served by a perfect race.

I am the one who wants to be human. But I feel I am punished for being human. I feel we are ALL being punished for being human.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I am not going through all your C/P from the bible.

But:

If you smoke, you get cancer. This is the debt you pay for being a thief. On the other hand, if you work out in a gym instead, you gain life. Cancer is not generated by exercise. This is because working for the gift you receive requires suffering. Either you suffer as the result of being a thief and taking or you suffer first to gain the reward. God offered us free knowledge. Instead, we choose to take that knowledge and eat of it by our own hands. Because of this, we toil for our food (Knowledge). The fruit of the garden is what it can produce. God gave it in perfection. By transmuting the garden, we make our own fruit from the Carbon.

That is just not facts. I know plenty of people that drink and smoke and had a loong happy life, I also know people who where gym freaks who died early, and as such lost a lot of experiences. So you just cant put up like that.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

"What are some of the health problems caused by smoking?

Smoking harms nearly every organ of the body and diminishes a person’s overall health. Millions of Americans have health problems caused by smoking.

Smoking is a leading cause of cancer and death from cancer. It causes cancers of the lung, esophagus, larynx, mouth, throat, kidney, bladder, pancreas, stomach, and cervix, as well as acute myeloid leukemia (1, 2).

Smoking also causes heart disease, stroke, aortic aneurysm (a balloon-like bulge in an artery in the chest), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) (chronic bronchitis and emphysema), asthma, hip fractures, and cataracts. Smokers are at higher risk of developing pneumonia and other airway infections (1, 2).

A pregnant smoker is at higher risk of having her baby born too early and with an abnormally low birth weight. A woman who smokes during or after pregnancy increases her infant’s risk of death from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) (1, 2). Men who smoke are at greater risk of erectile dysfunction (5)."
Link

Maslow was blasted by many people for generalizing his hierarchy of needs when he introduced this concept in his Human Motivation analysis. The critics of this noted that there are exceptions. Maslow said it was a generalization and I say the same thing about my comments about smoking. It's a good reflection of self-destructive behavior that mirrors taking rather than giving. For ever pack of smokes a person buys (Drugs, Alcohol or otherwise) the family is denied something as a result. I have many kids that cannot afford clarinet reeds in my band class. Yet, their parents have enough money to purchase boxes of cigarettes. Again, it's a generalization.

I can also notice another generalization (not without exception). 100 % of homeless people I have ever seen holding a sign that says, "Will work for food," also have a cigarette hanging out of their mouth. Can I find someone without this marker of selfishness? Sure. Are we all guilty of taking instead of giving? Yes. When there becomes an imbalance, a person ends up on the street or hospital. We can argue the statistics all day, but the generalization here is that if you take more than you give, you end up empty.

Originally posted by wildtimes

If you smoke, you get cancer.

You know what, Ed? I'm SICK TO DEATH of seeing you say this. It is not true. What is true is that "IF you smoke, you MIGHT get cancer." Actually, most smokers DO NOT!

Most statistics look at the overall risk of lung cancer, combining both people who smoke and those who have never smoked. Based on United States statistics, the lifetime risk that an individual (men and women combined) will develop lung cancer is 6.9%, or 1 in 13 people. Clearly this number would be higher for people who smoke and much lower for people who have never smoked.
Studies in other countries have broken down the risk further to differentiate between never smokers, former smokers, and current smokers.

In a 2006 European study, the risk of developing lung cancer was:

0.2% for men who never smoked (0.4% for women)
5.5% for male former smokers (2.6% in women)
15.9% for current male smokers (9.5% for women)
24.4% for male “heavy smokers” defined as smoking more than 5 cigarettes per day (18.5% for women)

lungcancer.about.com...

I think you have a lot of worthwhile things to say, but I want to let you know that everytime I read this "declaration" of yours, I stop reading your posts.
I know it's off-topic and don't want to derail this thread (it's interesting!), but, please, stop saying that.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I am not going through all your C/P from the bible.

But:

That is just not facts. I know plenty of people that drink and smoke and had a loong happy life, I also know people who where gym freaks who died early, and as such lost a lot of experiences. So you just cant put up like that.

It's a generalization. Smokers will suffer from the choice. Working out offers better health. Every study shows this to be true. Your exceptions are related to other similar factors of suffering as a result or as a cause.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join