It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Heaven? How do we make it there?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

I am ADVOCATING for knowledge ! Knowledge about how stuff works, not what a old book has to say, a book filled with contradictions by the way.

Scientist and scholars teach knowledge, the church tries to prevent it, luckily they are failing at it know

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mc4denmark

Allso, damn man, you got some nerve telling complete strangers they don't take anything serious, yea you must be the good man Jesus preached about (throw the first stone right?)

You are so full of yourself, think you are better people because you found the lord ! You must be proud of yourself.

I judged your words not you. And how do you infer what you have said here without any evidence? I have shown you mine.

It has become a personal argument, which is fitting of trolls, and I am not wrong, as this reply of your also was bait.
edit on 16-2-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Ha ha ha,
Omnivores, yes, but vegetarians,
We choose compassion over death.
Its a choice, a choice whether to contribute to suffering or not.
That's the difference between you and me.
I have choices.
You align your whole being with someone elses choices.

BTW. Thou shalt not kill.
Seems pretty straightforward as the literal word of your god.
But maybe you prefer to go with the 'interpretation' that your goat-herder (who would buy my meat) prophets imagined.

Also calling me a fool? Very christian of you.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

And those Christians would say the exactly same thing about you, that you where wrong and they where right. Sooo many people say they found god, but all have their version of what he wants. Its remarkable how many people who are "false" Christians if you ask the nex one.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You seem like the type, who tend to cherry pick what you want to respond to. Calling one a troller, when the troller is actually giving you ARGUMENTS, is just showing that you put yourself in a corner and does not have the braincells to reply with anything constructive. You are a lost cause, and I wont be giving your anymore attention in this thread.

Judge my words, Ha. What i was saying was that you don't get to gain any life knowledge if you never been there. You don't learn experience from a book, you learn that from being where it happens. No one can gain higher knowledge or higher conciseness from words only, one have to experience the situation them self.

edit on 16-2-2013 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
reply to post by Leuan

Ha ha ha,
I have choices.

But maybe you prefer to go with the 'interpretation' that your goat-herder (who would buy my meat) prophets imagined.

Well maybe not a fool but that comment was foolish. Who told you we believe "Thou shall not kill"????
That is a classic trojan horse attack on the faith. It's very explicitly "THOU SHALL NOT MURDER"
Self defense isn't a sin, neither is killing animals for food stuffs. I know it's a convenienent angle to attack from, but it holds no water

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

And those Christians would say the exactly same thing about you, that you where wrong and they where right. Sooo many people say they found god, but all have their version of what he wants. Its remarkable how many people who are "false" Christians if you ask the nex one.

I personally don't care what any other denomination thinks of me and I believe the message is unity, not drawing lines everywhere because we have crayons and a paper blanket on the table for cloth.
It's very simple, you either build or destroy, orrr ignore..

EVEn the destroyers know this is the true game at hand. High stakes poker with souls

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Exactly, you build, destroy or ignore. But that does not come from god, that is from humans self, you dont need a deity to tell you that, it is common knowledge, which our ancient ancestors knew to perfection. And they did not believe in Jesus

One can believe anything he wants to, as long as hes believe wont directly or indirectly have impacts on those who don't believe. Then we all can live in peaceful harmony

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Jesus said a lot of stuff
So did Hitler
Both had a massive following and both had slaughter done in their names.
Am I comparing Jesus to Hitler ? NO
Just an observation that sheeple follow strong speech makers.
Then said people spend a lifetime trying to impose their ideals on free thinking minds; usually without result. Why ? A free thinking mind is a part of a free thinking soul. If you want the truth look into yourself , see past the teaching, and look to learn.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leuan

reply to post by Leuan

Ha ha ha,
I have choices.

Well maybe not a fool but that comment was foolish. Who told you we believe "Thou shall not kill"????
That is a classic trojan horse attack on the faith. It's very explicitly "THOU SHALL NOT MURDER"
Self defense isn't a sin, neither is killing animals for food stuffs. I know it's a convenienent angle to attack from, but it holds no water

Holds no water.
This is exactly why you are so hollow.
You take a translation, of a translation and then an interpretation of your translation and impose it as an absoloute.
Compassion is subordinate to dodgy words.
Your Christ would throw you out of your temple.
You really don't get it do you?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

Exactly, you build, destroy or ignore. But that does not come from god, that is from humans self, you dont need a deity to tell you that, it is common knowledge, which our ancient ancestors knew to perfection. And they did not believe in Jesus

One can believe anything he wants to, as long as hes believe wont directly or indirectly have impacts on those who don't believe. Then we all can live in peaceful harmony

Building doesn't come from God? What? Where did we come from then? A galactic gangbang? Please. I know you're trying, but have some reflection and really ponder your existence.
Do you really hate this gift of life? Do you really believe it means NOTHING?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Gotta agree
Christ would judge most Christians in a bad way, I'm pretty sure he'd hate the hypocrisy and politics involved in the church, Simple love simply doesn't exist in the church.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

Ha ha ha,
I have choices.

Holds no water.
This is exactly why you are so hollow.
You take a translation, of a translation and then an interpretation of your translation and impose it as an absoloute.
Compassion is subordinate to dodgy words.
You really don't get it do you?

Wait a second, I just corrected your bs and now I need to prove my God (who you don't believe in) is real?
Where do you get these lies about us? Question that please

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

Building doesn't come from God? What? Where did we come from then? A galactic gangbang? Please. I know you're trying, but have some reflection and really ponder your existence.
Do you really hate this gift of life? Do you really believe it means NOTHING?

Wow, you are really stretching for straws here aren't you, It is not called gangbang, it is called the BIG BANG, or maybe it is really the big bounce, as some physicians have theorized.

The humans have EVOVLED, our brains have evolved to, meaning we where able to create new societies and BUILD weapons, houses and so on.

Come on, explain me why it took God SO long before he told people that he was the one, and not Odin and Thor, or the greek gods. Why did the Sumer's, Mayans, Aztecs and Egyptians all believe in multiple Gods and not Jesus? Christianity first got mainstream when the Romans used it for political and military reasons.

Try to use some common sense and pick up a history book ones in a while will ya.

PS where in the world do you get that I hate my life? I love my life, my friends and all the experience I have had.

It seems like whenever you feel pressed, you attack the person, the other one told me I did not take my life seriously, you told the other one he was a fool, and now you ask me if I hate my life ?! Come on dude, have some respect.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Gotta agree
Christ would judge most Christians in a bad way, I'm pretty sure he'd hate the hypocrisy and politics involved in the church, Simple love simply doesn't exist in the church.

That is the irony of christianity.
Jesus loved,
Christians judge.
edit on 16-2-2013 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Gotta agree

That is the irony of christianity.
Jesus loved,
Christian judge.

Bang on
The quicker they learn that the quicker the world can move on and have peace

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

I would actually really like to know, if you believe that the world was created by God in 7 days, and that it is no older that 6000 years?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

I would actually really like to know, if you believe that the world was created by God in 7 days, and that it is no older that 6000 years?

I'm not religious
But 7 days in Gods eternity could be millions of years it's a question of perspective.
Perspective ............ use it or lose it

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Actually, I would estimate that even if you exaggerated the timeline to the point of being absolutely ridiculous, you wouldn't be able to stretch this planet's lifespan (to date) beyond a couple million years according to the Bible.

Which is still way off the mark. Hell, the dinosaurs lasted longer than that. Sorry, but no cigar.
edit on 16-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Your absolutely right, time is relative.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join