It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pork is dirty meat, hence the word.. pork.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by godofme

Originally posted by godofme
We have all drank water that has "passed" through millions of other people already

All the people it goes through won't bother Angle - it is just the pigs.
edit on 2-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I assume that you consider eating pork is almost like eating people.However; humanity does not have the luxury of being picky,There are countless people who on this planet that need food and I doubt that any of them would turn down a side of bacon.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
It's kind of like eating your own sperm.

You're wierd if you know what that's like.

I bet you drink bovine extract most days. Not something natural to humans. Normal, but not natural.

You will never convince bacon eaters to give up pork.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The majority of animals which are grown for human consumption are so pumped full of hormones and who knows what else, and are so diseased these days, that they are just as bad as pork!

I honestly believe that the only way to know that your food is clean enough to eat is to grow it yourself- both animals and vegetables. It's not bad to eat meat (clean meats, not unclean), just bad to eat all the dangerous chemicals they are polluted with.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Right pork is bad.
Allah told us not eat pork.
Those of you eat pork are going to shaitan in hell.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I was given pork for meal since I was young. After spiritual influence I came (today), eating pork, (and after eating sheep this week) to the conclusion pork truly makes one lazy and stuff.

I advise to eat other meat. You guys, sirs are all about pork. It all the best meat you've eaten. You slimey.. argh,

You may eat meat, but no porkie pork sir

It's just a phase - you will be back to your old self in no time.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Nothing more needs to be said.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamatia
Right pork is bad.

Lol.

Do they serve bacon there? Mmmm. Heeeell.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
When I read your post my initial response was 'what a nutter' but then I did a bit of looking about and found this:

Are pigs dirty

Part of a very well explained answer (with links too) was this:

Bad effects of pork consumption Pig's bodies contain many toxins, worms and latent diseases. Although some of these infestations are harbored in other animals, modern veterinarians say that pigs are far more predisposed to these illnesses than other animals. This could be because pigs like to scavenge and will eat any kind of food, including dead insects, worms, rotting carcasses, excreta (including their own), garbage, and other pigs. Influenza (flu) is one of the most famous illnesses which pigs share with humans. This illness is harbored in the lungs of pigs during the summer months and tends to affect pigs and humans in the cooler months. Sausage contains bits of pigs' lungs, so those who eat pork sausage tend to suffer more during epidemics of influenza. Pig meat contains excessive quantities of histamine and imidazole compounds, which can lead to itching and inflammation; growth hormone, which promotes inflammation and growth; sulfur-containing mesenchymal mucus, which leads to swelling and deposits of mucus in tendons and cartilage, resulting in arthritis, rheumatism, etc. Sulfur helps cause firm human tendons and ligaments to be replaced by the pig's soft mesenchymal tissues, and degeneration of human cartilage. Eating pork can also lead to gallstones and obesity, probably due to its high cholesterol and saturated fat content. The pig is the main carrier of the taenia solium worm, which is found it its flesh. These tapeworms are found in human intestines with greater frequency in nations where pigs are eaten. This type of tapeworm can pass through the intestines and affect many other organs, and is incurable once it reaches beyond a certain stage. One in six people in the US and Canada has trichinosis from eating trichina worms, which are found in pork. Many people have no symptoms to warn them of this, and when they do, they resemble symptoms of many other illnesses. These worms are not noticed during meat inspections, nor does salting or smoking kill them. Few people cook the meat long enough to kill the trichinae. The rat (another scavenger) also harbors this disease. There are dozens of other worms, germs, diseases and bacteria which are commonly found in pigs, many of which are specific to the pig, or found in greater frequency in pigs.

Having read the whole answer the person gave I now think I might just have to change my initial thoughts on the OP and actually agree with you on this. Mostly we eat chicken but sometimes we have pork mince or sausages or bacon but I think I will be looking to change that in the future.
edit on 2-2-2013 by CthulhuMythos because: of my grammar Nazi-ism I just had to change a bit.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You make the mistake of assuming ATS Users are as easily swayed as the sheeple that inhabit 90% of the planet, you also make the mistake of assuming we will be swayed by religious belief, but fail to recognize that a lot of us have reached passed the element of control that is religion, and moved onto bigger, more realistic things. You make many mistakes and as such, we're all laughing at your attempts to sway us to your opinion, Try your bullsh*t elsewhere as we are not as easily led as the main population of the planet

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Zamatia
Right pork is bad.

Lol.

Do they serve bacon there? Mmmm. Heeeell.
I've heard that they do, and it is very crispy. All you can eat, but it is extra salty and there is nothing to drink.

On the serious side, if there is one with this thread, pigs are clean animals when provided the proper environment. Cows, on the other hand, will crap in their food and water.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have a huge pork roast in the crock pot now. This afternoon I'll pull it apart add some water and a bunch of thick home made noodles. Tomorrow at the Super Bowl party I will be concidered a GOD when it arrives.

If the word pork is dirty what about the word porking? Porking is sooo good
edit on 2-2-2013 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That last sentence is what i was about to edit into mine, Its a pity we on ATS are not as easily led as people generally are, fools come to this website and attempt to fool us into being fools like themselves, badly unformed fools.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

'Bad effects of pork consumption Pig's bodies contain many toxins, worms and latent diseases. Although some of these infestations are harbored in other animals, modern veterinarians say that pigs are far more predisposed to these illnesses than other animals. This could be because pigs like to scavenge and will eat any kind of food, including dead insects, worms, rotting carcasses, excreta (including their own), garbage, and other pigs'

You do realise that pigs reared for food will rarely be able to eat the above?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Oh Jeez
Did you just slander pork ?
Man you'd better Hefficide doesn't read this thread

I used to farm pigs in Israel.....Yes you did read that correctly it was on Kibbutz Lahav Here you go, we never used anything artificial and treated the little buggers like kids. We got away with it because we pretended to be doing research at first, then the research really took off, Those that were not needed for research were slaughtered and sold as pork.
Quote from my old man, Wow best pork I ever had, it's strange that you have to come to Israel to get decent pork.
edit on 2-2-2013 by cody599 because: crap at typing

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by freakanature

I guess it comes down to how good the farm is as to what the pigs dine on. I have read in the past about some chicken farms where the conditions were so appalling that the chickens were pecking on other dead chickens and were also being fed back chicken poop, though I can't remember how they were doing that. Also if farm practices can feed meat (all be it processed into pellets) to non meat eating animals (as in the mad cow disease scandal) then who the hell knows what real pig farming conditions are like.
Hard to really trust anything these days!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

reply to post by kimish

Once you have pure taste, you'll figure it out sir.

I have noticed that pork does taste a lot different than the other meats. I've also heard there are some reasons why pork is unhealthy such as certain types of parasitic worms and what not. Do you have any information or knowledge of things like that? I'm inquisitive, i'm not trolling btw.

Pork can contain the trichinosis parasite. It's a nasty little bugger. But it is killed if you cook to 145 deg f or higher (The safe temp was considered to be 165 deg f but has been recently lowered to 145). Bear meat can also contain the same trichinosis parasite and should be cooked well done too, if you like wild game meat that is.

Pork is considered unclean in the bible and to Muslims too. I believe that the reason pork, and other animals with cloven hooves, were considered unclean in biblical times was because of the way much of the meat they ate was cooked. They would often have feasts where they would cook the whole animal. With beef and other biblicaly clean meats under cooking was not a problem. But when a whole animal was roasted it was difficult to get the entire animal, down to the marrow in the bones, fully cooked to a safe temperature without overcooking other parts. This left live parasites in the meat and they were really bad news before we had good medical practices. In fact, trichinosis is still a nasty thing to come down with.

Today we seldom roast a whole animal but we do have better methods of insuring that it is cooked safely when we do.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by my1percent
Isn't pig meat really close to human meat after all they grow human ears and stuff on pigs backs ? 1%
edit on 2-2-2013 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2013 by my1percent because: to add

Pigs are indeed very close to human meat. In fact, in colonial days, unscrupulous butchers would steal a fresh corpse and cut it up for sale. When they were suspected of this they were said to have "long pig" in their meat locker. If you really want to ruin your appetite Google "long pig" just before dinner time.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Hm... human flesh is "sweet" - had no idea it was like pork - since pork isnt "sweet"

I thought that If you ate monkey that would be the closest you get btw - yep, I've tried monkey.
(actually I did...)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I used to love bacon and sausages, but when I became a vegetarian it was the only meat that started to smell really repulsive. No word of a lie, chicken, , lamb, beef all smelled great still and tempted me, but after a while i couldn't stomach the smell of pig, especially sausages

I eat meat again now but I've never gone back to eating pig, the smell and taste still makes me nauseated. Even my favourite pigs in blankets doesn't taste nice anymore!

Not saying there's anything scientific to my opnion, just thought that i'd share my experience as someone who's been on two sides of the fence.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join