It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pork is dirty meat, hence the word.. pork.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't like pork either, but mmm bacon is gooood!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Says the guy who has never eaten/tasted pork or else you are one of those so called "inpure".
I wonder why it tastes so good to my tastebuds then if it is nothing but tasteless slime poison.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Pork can be healthy for a person...of course it depends upon how the pig was raised...and also the quality of the pork you buy. You don't want any that is cured and has nitrates and preservatives etc. in it. You want to buy your pork fresh with no preservatives in it.

Link: www.menshealth.com...

I get the point that you don't like pork...but in reality if it is all natural and of good quality...some bacon, a pork chop, or a good pork roast does not hurt a person; once in a while.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You can have my bacon when you pry it from my cold dead bacony hands

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't know how pork tastes like in your planet, but on our lovely pale blue dot it tastes DELICIOUS.
Shoot through and taste for yourself.

As a matter of fact, today I'm bbqing some pork, lamp chops, chicken and beef. Everyone is invited.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
I don't know how pork tastes like in your planet, but on our lovely pale blue dot it tastes DELICIOUS.

As a matter of fact, today I'm bbqing some pork, lamp chops, chicken and beef. Everyone is invited.

That sounds like the perfect meal for a PETA member, no not that one, the other one; People Eating Tasty Animals. Our motto is "There is room for all of God's creatures; right next to the potatoes and gravy".

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

That sounds like the perfect meal for a PETA member, no not that one, the other one; People Eating Tasty Animals. Our motto is "There is room for all of God's creatures; right next to the potatoes and gravy".

Forgot to add I bbq tomatoes, eggplant, hot green peppers and either eat them individually or dice them and mix them together. That quote made me LOL
. It's not only about what I'm eating, it's enjoying and adding the ingrediant if love onto anything I'm preparing for my guests and I. Sometimes I lose my appetite when I'm preparing all the food, as if I'm recieving the nutrition from the preparing.
edit on 2-2-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Forgot to add I bbq tomatoes, eggplant, hot green peppers and either eat them individually or dice them and mix them together. That quote made me LOL . It's not only about what I'm eating, it's enjoying and adding the ingrediant if love onto anything I'm preparing for my guests and I. Sometimes I lose my appetite when I'm preparing all the food, as if I'm recieving the nutrition from the preparing.

When I used to live where I could grill I loved to grill all kinds of veggies too. I would take zucchini, eggplant, large portabella mushroom caps and thick onion slices held together with small bamboo skewers and coat them with olive oil and Italian seasoning then grill them to perfection. There is also nothing like a 1-1/2" thick porterhouse marinated in my home made marinating mix and grilled over high heat so the outside would be well well browned and the inside would still be able to complain when you stuck a fork in it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

No baby batter that I've sampled ever tasted like pork. At all. If it was to taste like bacon, however, by husband would be a VERY happy man

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
OP is a little out there.. Pork is delicious.
The meat is white and clean and when cooked right, is very tasty.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is a PORK troll....or a religious troll

And besides...BACON!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

This is a PORK troll....or a religious troll

Im going with religion.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You sound like a muslim i like pork i will continue to eat it..Provide us with proof your not pushing this for religious genders..
edit on 2-2-2013 by n00b2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Forgot to add I bbq tomatoes, eggplant, hot green peppers and either eat them individually or dice them and mix them together. That quote made me LOL . It's not only about what I'm eating, it's enjoying and adding the ingrediant if love onto anything I'm preparing for my guests and I. Sometimes I lose my appetite when I'm preparing all the food, as if I'm recieving the nutrition from the preparing.

When I used to live where I could grill I loved to grill all kinds of veggies too. I would take zucchini, eggplant, large portabella mushroom caps and thick onion slices held together with small bamboo skewers and coat them with olive oil and Italian seasoning then grill them to perfection. There is also nothing like a 1-1/2" thick porterhouse marinated in my home made marinating mix and grilled over high heat so the outside would be well well browned and the inside would still be able to complain when you stuck a fork in it.

Yes. I just love and enjoy standing next to the fire (not the ones that work with gas, wood charcoal gives it a better taste) and cooking the meat. It's like a meditation, a ritual...something very subtle ignites within me as I develop a form of a connection with the process of cooking.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The taboo of pigs is ancient and probably has little or nothing to do with their literal cleanliness. "Unclean" could have a more figurative meaning, like evil.
In ancient Egypt, the god Seth was often represented by the pig totem or likeness.
Sometime between the 21st and 25th dynasties (1080-664 BC) and in the timeframe where Moses was a part of the upper class of Egypt and subsequently led the flight of Jews, Seth worship became taboo. Seth was identified as the embodiment of evil and opposition to good. Seth statues, totems, likenesses were defaced and destroyed, and the upper or royal class removed pig meat from their diets.
If Moses was actually raised like a prince, he would have been indoctrinated into this pig/Seth = bad ideology.
What if that is the where he came up with the law forbidding pigs that he passed onto his people?
Also, Egypt being the dominate power in the region, the pig/Seth taboo would have spread like wildfire.
If Islam was established half of a millennia later, and it's foundations heavily built on Judaism, and the population probably also influenced by the more ancient taboo that lingered regarding the god Seth, than Islam's taboo against pork would also not be based on the cleanliness of the pig.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
I was given pork for meal since I was young. After spiritual influence I came (today), eating pork, (and after eating sheep this week) to the conclusion pork truly makes one lazy and stuff.

I advise to eat other meat. You guys, sirs are all about pork. It all the best meat you've eaten. You slimey.. argh,

You may eat meat, but no porkie pork sir

I'm sorry to inform you , that unfortunately, there is no way that I am going to a) give up Bacon, and b) give up sausage and pepperoni on m Pizza based upon the words of someone with poor grammar and a smiling snake as an avatar ..

So there..

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This thread including the responses has reminded me why I don't get on ATS very much anymore.

Bacon is tasty though. The anti-pork propaganda comes from religious texts, back in the day you were much more likely to get sick from eating pork than other meats. Today with food sanitation it's not so much an issue.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiendchikx138
reply to post by Angle

No baby batter that I've sampled ever tasted like pork. At all. If it was to taste like bacon, however, by husband would be a VERY happy man
Uh, mine tastes like bacon!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Pork was the Norman word for 'pig', the latter being the Saxon translation. English has the only trend of using different words for the animal and its meat.
That said, I'm not a fan of the taste... with the extreme exception of crunchy greasy bacon.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A post about a totally personal opinion with no facts to back it up.

And a very strange point of view at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join