It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have lost tolerance for new immigrants(Taking our Jobs)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Actually it starts with taking jobs and then depending on how weak you are, then it can lead to enforcing their laws. I think in the UK the muslims tried to put a shariah law in place.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Again they are not taking your land by force, rounding you up and putting you in reservations. They are not giving you smallpox, and other diseases, that will wipe most of you out over the next couple of hundred years.

Have people completely forgotten their history? One of the largest mass migrations ever was from Europe to North America.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yes, but this mass immigration from the Europe to USA caused the deaths of many native americans. This is the point, respect the land you have you arrived in. Respect their culture, or dont immigrate at all.
edit on 25-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I have nothing against the immigrants, they are eager to work and just want a better life.

What I am sick and tired of are those god damn conservatives and their rape and pillage of the Canadian middle class.

Yeah, I get it, they can't fins enough people to move to Alberta. How about help out Canadian first. There aren't any jobs in the trades outside of Alberta currently and the govt keeps lying saying that there are huge regional shortages to get people into school. Then you find out that thenonly way you are ever going to find a job is if you are lucky enough to be able to afford to move to Alberta or BC. Yeah I said afford because it's the highest cost of living in the country. So yeah uproot your family and drag them halfway across the country and spend everything you have to do it or else immigrants are going to take your jobs?? I dont think so.

So the govt will spnd hundreds of millions bringing in immigrants and fast tracking them into careers when there are thousands of Canadians who are educated and can't find work??? Yet they won't give us a dime to get through school or have a relocation program for those willing to go west. BS.

What a f#&$ing joke.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Oh.. youre going to attempt the Native American guilt trip BS on a thread that has nothing to do with Native Americans.
Ill save you some trouble, you cant guilt me. Its in the past, I had nothing to do with it, I dont care.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is why the de-population or condensing down of people would be good. Because the world looks to go the way of " who breeds the most" sadly, and I think there is an element of revenge in immigrants, at times. Not always. Whats best is to mix, another idea, say mexicans mix with the european americans and then you will form a new culture altogeather . lol but people wont shag each other readily, they worry too much about the outcome. Really the outcome would be the solution , in all honesty.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
While I understand the sentiments of the OP, the problem is not caused by 'new immigrants'...and it is unfair to heap the blame onto these groups, and borders on xenophobia (albeit a by-product that can incite in the weak-minded)...There is a clever 'chicken & egg', cause and effect...riddle to this issue...that distracts from the machinations of large governments and corporations, that are stoking the fires of it...While we all bemoan the details of what's happening, we are unfocused on the bigger pictures...trees for the wood...

A99

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I love how people are still so angry at something caused be people who have been dead for hundreds of years and how not one person today has anything to do with it yet gets blamed for it and is expected to feel bad about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well the point is we refer to history to learn from it.
Just because someone is dead doesnt mean I cant learn from them. The history of who has died is important, Id want to be remembered if I was wiped out by some looney.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Stop blaming the immigrants, and learn what the root cause of it is. You are the offspring of immigrants. At least these immigrants are only taking your jobs, not forcing you to assimilate to their culture, or taking your land, and your life.

* Immigrants contribute far more in taxes than they use in government services. They pay sales, property, income and Social Security taxes even though most of them are ineligible for the social service programs these taxes are used for — such as food stamps or Medicaid — unless they have been here for five years as lawful permanent residents. According to the National Academy of Sciences, immigrants on average pay $80,000 more in taxes than they receive in government benefits over their lifetimes....

Immigration Myths: Facts underline the need for comprehensive reform

edit on 1/25/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

I'm afraid you misread. It is my own government I'm placing blame on.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It has everything to do with migration. The migration to the Americas by Europeans killed thousands of Native Americans. You are the result of that immigration. The new immigrants are not wiping you out, the hysteria is stupid.

Also the new migration to the States has a lot to do with Americas, and Europe's, foreign policies.

Sorry you failed to understand the point. Stop blaming the immigrants for doing what you yourself would do in their situation.

What happens when Americans migrate? Do they assimilate? Or do they create their own culture within the native culture? Yes they do. Not too mention all your military basses in foreign countries. How would you react to the Italians, or the Germans, or any foreign nation putting a military base in America?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Was my reply directed at you?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
I love how people are still so angry at something caused be people who have been dead for hundreds of years and how not one person today has anything to do with it yet gets blamed for it and is expected to feel bad about it.

You are missing the point. I am not angry about anything. I am just trying to point out the hypocrisy of immigrants hating on immigrants. It's stupid and ignorant. We are all the result of immigration. If it wasn't for migration you wouldn't be here.

Humans have been migrating since day one.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I see I have stirred the pot a bit much. I'm going to state this once again...
I'm placing blame ON MY GOVERNMENT, not the immigrants themselves. They have basically no idea what we are going through and see Canada as a fresh start and probably in most cases a far better life. It is NOT THEIR FAULT.
It is also true that a century ago, a mass immigration INCLUDING my family came here and took land away from the First Nations people. That is NOT the issue at hand here, and is a topic all on it's own for which I would gladly take the native side. However, it was not the purpose of my thread.
this is about my government leaving the front door open for all to walk in while we all starve on the street...natives included if not foremost.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by ANOK

Oh, its no different than the people that still constantly bring up the issue of slavery in the US.. Even though other countries practiced slavery for thousands of years, long before the US was even considered.
Spain, England, Portugal etc... Not to mention the Africans that actually helped rounded up their own kind to sell to slave traders.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

your off topic lol this thread refers to immigrants not slaves.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

your off topic lol this thread refers to immigrants not slaves.

Im well aware what the thread is about. I was making a comparison regarding people trying to create guilt among US citizens, particularly white US citizens regarding the Indians and slavery..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Was my reply directed at you?

Oh wow..by all means I'll just kipihtowew.
Last time I checked I was fully capable of clarifying what I meant IN MY OWN THREAD to avoid the confusion I was seeing.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wow page 2 and no one has posted this?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
well dont feel guilt. just mix and mingle with the immigrants and soon enough you will create a new generation of more compatible americans. im kidding. your choice, eh.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join