It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women men from past lives and men women from the past?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The idea is not new, karma and reincarnation concepts have been around for centuries. But it makes sense in a world where woman want to be more like men and men like dressing up as women. It would seem that lingering desires of past genders can spill over from one life to the next. There are numerous accounts of people claiming to remember their past lives and being sent back to earth for a do-over.

Gender equality may be more intrinsic than we could ever have imagined. If we all have been both male and female perhaps numerous times in past lives that would render sexist ideas mute. Homosexually would also lose its stigma, and have little meaning in an existence where gender is nothing more than a change of attire, we wear different outfits in different lives.

It's possible that gender is only a physical manifestation and when we die and go to another place on the other side of this existence, that we have no gender. Gender serves mostly for procreation, spirits don't need to have babies and therefore don't need the junk

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
To throw my two cents in.... I don't believe species or genders mix and change across lives. Memory is an imperfect thing, even for something a few days ago in many cases. Genetic, Spiritual or just "Soul" memory (however one wants to describe it) is hardly more reliable and actually, far FAR less so in my experience for this area. It's a Faith issue in my life that I speak of here.

Having said all that? I don't know of gender swapping across past lives..but again, my two cents can be of varying value at times.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

There's a lot more to gender than whether your willy is on the inside or the outside.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
could be.
Maybe that's why there are so many homesexuals and cross-dressers these days?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Or maybe some men simply get a thrill out of dressing up in womens clothing & tucking their penis between their legs?

Or that most women don't like the sexist stereotypes that most of the high ranking job roles carry, so they push their selves to be equel/better than most men they know?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

That would explain "the gays"

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
My sister told me a few weeks ago that she can remember a past life, and that she was a man in that life with a wife and two daughters.

She said she can remember that she died suddenly of a heart attack aged about 46ish, and she said that she can remember being outside the body, and witnessing the wife and daughters sobbing and beside themselves with grief at the funeral.

Weird stuff.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

A bit of a side note, but also supportive to the thread as a whole if it worked out....there is something helpful here to suggest on that.

Modern technology and the access to geo-spatial resources online (Terra-Server....Google Earth...and quite a lot more) make things like fixing a location by remembered landscapes a realistic thing to do ...anywhere in the world. That's a recent development but a priceless one for this area. Things like intense past memory of death in a far off land with simply the mountain ridges and geography seen without awareness of where specifically that could have been? Can now be located ..or proven false..with absolute certainty in many cases.

I'd explore that a bit ..and the above is something I've used and seen others use to great success in some specific instances. Given the gender side of what she said, it'd be worth exploring a bit more to try and confirm or put aside the memory as genuine or projection of something else emotional?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Maybe.

Maybe not.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
To throw my two cents in.... I don't believe species or genders mix and change across lives. Memory is an imperfect thing, even for something a few days ago in many cases. Genetic, Spiritual or just "Soul" memory (however one wants to describe it) is hardly more reliable and actually, far FAR less so in my experience for this area. It's a Faith issue in my life that I speak of here.

Having said all that? I don't know of gender swapping across past lives..but again, my two cents can be of varying value at times.

Most people would not remember a past life or much of this life for that matter, as you insinuated most of us can't remember what we did a few minutes ago.

That's the whole idea, if we did remember other lives it would spoil all the fun in this life...but it would make the pain more bearable, especially if we "knew" it was karmic payback that we were having to endure.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for that. I will ask her to try and remember any other details and see if we can get any further with it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by sleeper

There's a lot more to gender than whether your willy is on the inside or the outside.

I agree, but if you drive a car to work and then get behind a locomotive, bus, airplane or any number of vehicles humans operate, they all have their own set of gears, buttons and abilities...far different that what was in the car your drove to work in.

When a soul, or whatever substance that inhabits a human body, enters a different vehicle/body they operate the vehicle, the vehicle doesn't operate them.

You learn to deal with the new/different equipment. That's what childhood is all about, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don't believe in reincarnation. I don't necessarily DISbelieve it, but I have no real reason to believe it. I think it's just another religious supposition.

But I think each of us appears somewhere along a continuum of "feminine" to "masculine". And it doesn't always correlate to our plumbing. I am female, but have a strong male side, meaning I'm mechanical, logical, "strong" and have a tendency to want to "fix" things. Likewise, my husband (who is male) has a strong feminine side, meaning he's in touch with how he feels and is very kind, generous, nurturing and a great communicator.

Gay people and cross-dressers, etc. have existed throughout time. We just hear a lot more about them because:
A. the population is much larger, therefore more of them, too.
B. they are more likely to be honest and not "closeted" these days.
C. television and the internet provide fast dissemination of information. so we hear about them.

I don't think the percentage of feminine men or masculine women has changed. We just know about it now. I predict that we will learn more and more about them as society learns to deal with the fact.

Men and women aren't that different.
edit on 1/24/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
could be.
Maybe that's why there are so many homesexuals and cross-dressers these days?

Women can now go into battle, they have been battling for that right for many years. Why anyone in their right mind would want to go into battle is beyond comprehension. Fighting has been an exclusive, more or less, male aggressive desire. Now days women want some of that action and have made careers as police, firefighters and the military...presumably for more than just a paycheck, probably also for the adrenalin rush.

And many men have come out of the closet concerning homosexual preference and admitting that they enjoy the feminine side of life, and some choosing to be stay at home fathers.

It's possible that people don't have a choice when they are given a different gender and when they are born into that new gender they rebel or are drawn to do things that traditionally belonged to their previous gender.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Or maybe some men simply get a thrill out of dressing up in womens clothing & tucking their penis between their legs?

Or that most women don't like the sexist stereotypes that most of the high ranking job roles carry, so they push their selves to be equel/better than most men they know?

Or we humans get to experience both sides of that fence...whether we want to or not. There is a lot more to life than meets the eye or the mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I was a woman in my last life. I was brutally murdered by my husband. I remember pleading for my life. It haunts me every day. Such a horrible way to die. I like being a man better. Next time I will chose to be a man again.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
My sister told me a few weeks ago that she can remember a past life, and that she was a man in that life with a wife and two daughters.

She said she can remember that she died suddenly of a heart attack aged about 46ish, and she said that she can remember being outside the body, and witnessing the wife and daughters sobbing and beside themselves with grief at the funeral.

Weird stuff.

I think if you Google you will find many cases similar to that scenario. Humans are far more connected to each other than most would prefer to know. Nevertheless, I believe that human brains are wired to not know such things.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

S&F! This is one of my favorite discussions and the OP presented it in a interesting way. But I believe or agree more or less with BH (
) I would love to have proof we or even I had formerly lived a previous life, but dreams or visions or even hypnosis really to me isn't enough proof for it to stick. For many others though, it is enough and they are very adamant and passionate that we've all been here before. I admire that passion but I do not share it as much as I wish I did.

I believe in the Bible and there isn't really anything written there to support it, so I guessed even if it were true it's not important enough we are told. Other Religions do support this belief and Karma etc...

That's just it...maybe it's not important to us to know, maybe what's important is to know we are here only once, one live, one chance and one shot at doing the absolute best we can for ourselves and others and learning not from a past life, but a past mistake in this life and applying it to this life.

I love this subject though and am always reading about it when I come across it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Men and women aren't that different.

Especially when men are women and women are men in a never ending circle of changing roles (a reason most people don't like the idea of reincarnation and karma). Some people hold onto their last incarnation and display it in their new roles, makes them more comfortable...I'm guessing.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If these people could remember their past life as soon as they come out of the womb in this life, then it is possible that they are remembering a past life. But if they develop this memory later in life, it is more likely they are remembering a dream, or perhaps a repressed memory.

A child is born with a clean slate memory, not even developed enough to be able to retain everything (this is why we cannot remember our birth). But this wouldn't be true of someone able to remember a past life, as the memory would have to be ingrained from before birth. This would mean that the child's memory retention would have to be fully developed at birth and already retain memories. This means that, along with the past life, the person should also remember coming out of the birth-canal.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join