It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Interesting Mars Picture I've Come Across.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Cool finds! From that alternate view link (photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...) and to the left and down from 'B' there was this straight object (next to a rock where the shadows make it look like a face nonetheless...but I am talking about the straight object).

The straight object and its color seem to stick out. It could just be the edge of a very straight rock facing the camera, but it just seems a little off. Not sure how big it is - maybe that would help.

Maybe martians smoke cigars? If that's a cuban then they're in trouble

Good thread...it was fun zooming around mars from my browser. Thanks!
edit on 24-1-2013 by ratboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The pictures are from Yellowknife bay wich is apart of the Gale crater.
Gale crater is ancient and is thought to at one time be mostly underwater.
Overtime sediments accumilated and solidified into slabs of sedimentry rock, some of
the surface still resembles dried mud and has smooth pebbles. There is also alot of what seams
to be veins of calcium deposits with the rocks.
Mars rover Curiosity is about to perform simple drill tests at the site wich is where the pics come from.

edit on 24-1-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Then there is this!

edit on 24-1-2013 by iceman22 because: (no reason given)

Or this :

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by iceman22

Doh!
Trumped by the "it's all bull#" theory.
Well played

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
reply to post by iceman22

Doh!
Trumped by the "it's all bull#" theory.
Well played

Well you have to admit, its a valid alternative perspective isn’t it! Makes one ponder a little deeper anyway.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The panel is totally awsome!!...looks like a metal sheet or some kind ,that was cut in certain dimensions...you got me there...i worked in construction......

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Rocks. There is a great thread by impaired of Gigapan Yellowknife Bay images, and there you can look around all you want, at this site and others. imparied puts his newest gigapans on the thread, which you can find by going to all the pages. The link to that thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gigapans, if you don't know, are pics that you can zoom in on to make out fine details, and use a technology developed for the rover missions. On the gigapan site itself impaired has done most of the images of the Curiosity mission, including many of Yellowknife Bay.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
You had me at 'Panel'.

That's got artificial written all over it, that's the first image iv'e seen with a thin geometrical rectangle shape from mars you got some eagle eyes there, I don't think I'd have it in me to sift through hundreds of rock photos.
I always had my mind blown with Mike Singhs mars threads, you've just blown it again.

I'm surprised the local resident debunkers haven't rolled up with all guns blazing yet.
You're making their job harder, so you can expect the standard 'attacking' debunking procedures used to derail such good material.

edit on 24-1-2013 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just to mess with my own head and everyone else as well. This is, mind blowing stuff. Bloody Anicent aliens get everywhere.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I like it how people in this thread are geology experts who can say "those aren't natural formations", or archeology experts who can say "those are ruins".

/sarcasm

Still, those are very interesting rocks and sediment formations. Make no mistake that there's a whole bunch of geologists looking at the images from Curiosity and making their judgement.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well someone had to stack these rocks

And this looks like an alien riding a tricycle

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by iceman22
Well you have to admit, its valid alternative perspective isn’t it! Makes one ponder a little deeper anyway.

It's not, it's an example of ignorance overpowering willingness to learn.

The people that made those videos should be learning something about what they talk about.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 24/1/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
I like it how people in this thread are geology experts who can say "those aren't natural formations", or archeology experts who can say "those are ruins".

/sarcasm

Still, those are very interesting rocks and sediment formations. Make no mistake that there's a whole bunch of geologists looking at the images from Curiosity and making their judgement.

Sorry but I don’t put too much faith in so called experts nowadays, we know what established archeologists and some geologists say about the pyramids and how they were built, not to mention the real history of humanity.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

If we knew more about basic science then we could nit pick a bit more. Off hand it looks like a scene from the aftermath of a catastrophic event. I am in my sixties and although ignorant scientifically it smacks of something
other than a natural scene. If it is all natural we sure have a lot to learn about the basic forces at work in the universe. Looking at the pictures is sort of like rummaging through a garbage dump..you don't see many leaves or trees most of the time but you sure can see what we used. Since most of us don't have any credentials to protect we can say exactly what we think we see within the martian landscape. If rocks etc are not rusted does that
indicate a lack of oxygen? Why does mars appear to be made of reddish material? I wonder what little kids
think of these picture? You know how open minded some of them are.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

S&F-This is great!!! Some of the triangles defiantly look too straight, and to quote Prometheus

"God doesn't build in straight lines"

I just got done watching it like three times in a row...,..
edit on 1/24/2013 by Djayed because: Math guy....

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It's funny I asked my 9-year old son what the one picture looks like and he said a sheet of metal or wood laying on the ground. This whole area is full of artifacts! Wowsers.
None of these objects look like they are from nature-especially the one with the piece of sheet metal or whatever-that is not a rock!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You need to get out more and look around.

These are just rocks.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I love these kind of photo's! This is one of the biggest reasons I came to ATS in the first place! S+F

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
interesting stuff. particularly this;

That picture is so strange! One wonders if it's an old covering to a mine shaft or something. The whole site looks like a mining area or an archaeological digging spot. Neat find!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
I can hear all the skeptics nay-saying most of those pics as natural formations, but one cant be natural and that is the panel.
That has definitely been manufactured by someone and if indeed it is on Mars then either we have been there before or someone who needs to create an artificial barrier ie. wall or door or panel has .
I draw 2 conclusions, either they are not on Mars and are faking the pics for some reason or they are there and have missed this real evidence during one of their photoshop parties.
S & F

A panel or a door?? All I see is yet another stone...
The only thing that this thread proves is that most of you are fooled by pareidolia effect.
Besides the evidence of past water the only interesting rock is the "gold mine" one. But still impossible to say from a pictures what exactly it is.
edit on 24-1-2013 by juleol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join