It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three people injured after 12-gauge shotgun goes off at NC gun show

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
HI ALL

sry if this has been posted I did a search

I dont know what to say.. How does a shotgun accidently go off? And why the hell is it even loaded?

www.rawstory.com...

Three people were injured on Saturday after a 12-gauge shotgun went off while being checked at a North Carolina gun show.

Authorities said at a Saturday afternoon press conference that the shotgun was being unzipped from its case at the security entrance to the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh, North Carolina, when a round of birdshot pellets discharged, hitting three people.

The gun owner, who allegedly intended to sell the weapon at the show, was interviewed by police on Saturday afternoon, though there was no decision whether he would face charges.

The show was shut down after the incident. Before closing, however, one attendee told The Raw Story he saw “ten times” the normal amount of people in attendance

edit on 19-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Just great.

edit on 19-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Double post. Sry.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
That's why people shouldn't have guns.

R N G

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My gosh please stop it with the gun stuff! Is this really news? I bet if we all look very hard we can find mortalities on people falling off ladders, falling down the stairs, and OH let us not forget these statistics:

Texting:

Each day, more than 15 people are killed and more than 1,200 people are injured in crashes that were reported to involve a distracted driver.1 Distracted driving is driving while doing another activity that takes your attention away from driving; these activities can increase the chance of a motor vehicle crash.
www.cdc.gov...

Drunk Driving:
There were 16,885 alcohol-related fatalities in 2005 - 39 percent of the total traffic fatalities for the year. Dept of Transportation
About 41 people die a day from drunk driving accidents.

There were 16,885 alcohol-related fatalities in 2005 - 39 percent of the total traffic fatalities for the year. Dept of Transportation
About 41 people die a day from drunk driving accidents.

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Car Accidents:

car accidents (417,000)

www.forbes.com...

We just need a little regulation I believe, but to add a money making theme is going to slow down America and create more tax is all. No one should ever have to tell anyone that they keep weapons in there home. Look at the thief that went after the people who didn't have guns?

No offense to you sir-just tired of reading about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Before today, has anybody ever heard of such an accident at a gun show??

Really. I'm not saying it has never happened, but I haven't heard of one. But, suddenly, in the midst of a heavy national debate on gun control and what regulation needs to be administered, we have today's event?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

I think we can put that on the media again.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yes, well, time to protect the people and shut down gun shows for good.

I have to ask, why shut down the gun show! If it was a car show and a car rolled forward injuring three people would the car show be shut down? No!

Any excuse!

P

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Um. . . . . er. . . . . . . . .

Awkward!

link   

Originally posted by R N G

R N G

Yeah, because law enforcement goons are the only ones professional enough to handle firearms safely.

link   
of course its not the only accident at a gun show
..look it up, the problem is irresponsible gun owners..some people shouldnt own one as they have no respect or consideration for what it is..i have no problems with responsible owners

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hundreds of thusands of attendees at the recent gun shows acrossthe country and only 1accedent involving a misfire.
I think they are pretty safe.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Well at a car show the event organizer would have a lawsuit against them. Will this gun show have a lawsuit against them? Most events have to have insurance policies in place before the have it. Does this gun show have a insurance policy for accidents? I say sue them. And the guy for storing loaded guns.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
Hundreds of thusands of attendees at the recent gun shows acrossthe country and only 1accedent involving a misfire.

Yeah, but I can hear them now...."One incident is bad enough! Think of the children!"

link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by R N G

R N G

Yeah, because law enforcement goons are the only ones professional enough to handle firearms safely.

ty .never seen that b4..

link   
Well the new currency around here seems to be hollowpoints. If you got hollowpoint ammo, you might as well have money.

Hubby said Walmart was cleaned completely out here.

It's been that way for 2-3 years - but he said the difference is today it is not just ammo, but all the guns - every kind- were sold too.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just a note to all of the conclusion jumpers...It was not reported HOW the weapon discharged. Just a vague statement about what was happening when it did...For all we know, the "officer" in charge of securing the weapon prior to entering the show, (strictly for insurances purposes, I assure you) caused the discharge when installing the ZIP tie!!!!

But, that wouldn't make it into the story for obvious reasons, now, would it?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce

Originally posted by VforVendettea

Yeah, but I can hear them now...."One incident is bad enough! Think of the children!"

not the only incident..jeezus

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Millions of people attend thousands of gun shows every year. This is an anomaly.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

Think of the children.

www.wtok.com...

Gun Show Accident Injures Child, Man A 4-year-old child was injured when he was hit by fragments from a bullet that went through a wall after a gun was accidentally fired at a gun show in Tupelo. A man was grazed in the leg in the Saturday morning accident, according to The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal. Both were treated at North Mississippi Medical Center. Tupelo Police said neither had injuries that were considered life threatening. Tupelo Police Lt. Trey Weaver said the incident at the Tupelo Gun & Knife Show is under investigation. He said the preliminary investigation indicates it was an accident and no charges were expected. He did not release the names of anyone involved. Police said the child was hit as he was walking into the show with his father.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join