It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three people injured after 12-gauge shotgun goes off at NC gun show

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Maybe statistic are higher because....Well uh, cars are designed to hold a good capacity of people. The ratios are completely unfair if you were to compare. If you can show me the statistics in a 1:1 ratio then I'll kindly leave.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by R N G

That's why SOME people shouldn't have guns.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by R N G

But don't they say the rifles they're trying to ban are designed to kill a larger number of people? So, the statistics would still be fair, right?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by HomerinNC

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They now want them for everybody so they can protect their ears. They want to get rid of the licences needed for them.

GOOD! A $200 tax stamp for a sound limiting device is rather absurd, don't you think?

Have you really ever heard what a gun sounds like with a silencer? Its not like in the James Bond movies or video games, its still very loud.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
Before today, has anybody ever heard of such an accident at a gun show??

Really. I'm not saying it has never happened, but I haven't heard of one. But, suddenly, in the midst of a heavy national debate on gun control and what regulation needs to be administered, we have today's event?
you are absolutely right, this is a rarity, I myself have never heard of this happening. Personally I wouldn't put it past some anti gun nut, or unercover fed agent to sabotage some upcoming gun shows. This may well have been an accident, but for the timing of the accident, and the way the media swoops in on this story.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
lol the last people on earth youd want to have guns are american's.
yet they have all the world's gun's.
i guess that's life huh

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by R N G

Maybe statistic are higher because....Well uh, cars are designed to hold a good capacity of people. The ratios are completely unfair if you were to compare. If you can show me the statistics in a 1:1 ratio then I'll kindly leave.

Oh but the argument is that these massively evil weapons can kill so many people at one time.. Right?
Btw, doctors kill more people each year through malpractice than both of these examples put together and that doesnt even count abortions, which go into the millions.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's interesting that every single story about this includes some form of this statement...

The fairground is operated by the state agriculture department. Agency spokesman Brian Long said the shotgun's owner brought the weapon to the show to find a private buyer.

Why do they all feel the need to specify what the owner's intentions were, at the show, as if they have ANY bearing on the story or the incident?

Also, many versions include this....

The show ... will continue Sunday as planned, but no private gun sales will be allowed, and personal guns will not be allowed on property.

Sounds like "conditioning" to me....

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
lol the last people on earth youd want to have guns are american's.
yet they have all the world's gun's.
i guess that's life huh

What a childish barb.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

did you mean blurb?
and yes it was childish.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
These gun shows should be gun-free zo- oh, wait, what?

C'mon! Someone did something stupid. A few people got hurt. I hope they're okay.

But if you can't laugh at the irony, then I don't know what to say!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by HomerinNC

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They now want them for everybody so they can protect their ears. They want to get rid of the licences needed for them.

GOOD! A $200 tax stamp for a sound limiting device is rather absurd, don't you think?

Have you really ever heard what a gun sounds like with a silencer? Its not like in the James Bond movies or video games, its still very loud.

You might take notice that I did NOT use the improper word "silencer" in my response...Muffler may be a better term. Or, "suppressor", as those who manufacture them use...

The FFL I worked for, was not Class 3, but we did machine a few guns to accept suppressors, for our customers.

I was fortunate enough to shoot a customer's suppressed 1911 and another's .22 Hornet. I am well aware of what they can and can't do...

The .45 actually had a greater decrease in decibels than the Hornet, when using subsonic ammunition. Go figure...

edit on 1/19/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: not...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I was fortunate enough to shoot a customer's suppressed 1911 and another's .22 Hornet. I am well aware of what they can and can't do...

Oh well, my apologies, I didnt realize you were an expert but maybe others here arent aware of the sounds they actually make when fired through.. Ever think of that?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Oh well, my apologies, I didnt realize you were an expert but maybe others here arent aware of the sounds they actually make when fired through.. Ever think of that?

??? I wasn't bashing your post! But you did quote mine, when you responded. Just stating my experiences. I'm no expert on suppressors. Guns in general, though...I can hold my own...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
reply to post by queenofswords

did you mean blurb?
and yes it was childish.

No. I meant just what I said, "barb". (From Meriam-Webster: b : a biting or pointedly critical remark or comment)
But, sense you admitted it was childish, you're forgiven

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I didnt mean to come off sounding so harsh. Having never heard a "silenced" shot personally, I was mistakenly led to believe that they were as quiet as they were in the movies and games.
I was just trying to pass on what ive learned.

The .45 actually had a greater decrease in decibels than the Hornet, when using subsonic ammunition. Go figure...

the .22 Hornets a pretty hot round though..very high FPS
edit on 1/19/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I didnt mean to come off sounding so harsh. Having never heard a "silenced" shot personally, I was mistakenly led to believe that they were as quiet as they were in the movies and games.
I was just trying to pass on what ive learned.

the .22 Hornets a pretty hot round though..very high FPS
edit on 1/19/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

No problem....Yes the Hornet is very under appreciated, but highly accurate and devastating. I am rather partial to it, and it has taken it's fair share of deer, in my neck of the woods...An excellent survival round, and rather plentiful. When the .223 dries up from all of the hype, everyone still has plenty of Hornet!!!...

Shhhhh...Don't let my secret out...

edit on 1/19/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: oops

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Yes, well, time to protect the people and shut down gun shows for good.

I have to ask, why shut down the gun show! If it was a car show and a car rolled forward injuring three people would the car show be shut down? No!

Any excuse!

P
i am pro gun but in a car show , people doing stupid reckles things has happened and yes they have shut them down , insurance & lawyers yea know everybodies afraid of lawsuits lol

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Oh but the argument is that these massively evil weapons can kill so many people at one time.. Right?
Btw, doctors kill more people each year through malpractice than both of these examples put together and that doesnt even count abortions, which go into the millions.

By the way. I'm talking about all kinds of gun; Handguns, Shotties, ARs, etc. I'm not specifically debating ARs, although I know that's the one being proposed to get banned. Just giving a general feeling on how I feel on guns as a whole.

I really don't get it when people compare these statistics. In the case of a malpractice, if you're dying and need surgery, it's already a 50/50 gamble; you either accept fate or put in a hands of another there's nothing you can do about that. Abortion is just stupidity; Keep your pants on or learn how to have sex right. It's all about you as an individual and whether you can keep yourself out of these situations, especially if you need an abortion; easily avoidable.

Guns is different, harder to avoid a conceal weapon 'cause every nut in town has them. IF you're saying that's why I need it for protection, then no. Having a gun for protection means I'm never the the aggressor, meaning I would have to been shot or attack first (and possibly already be dead for me to run and grab my gun to counter attack.) Uh...yeah it's easier just to take all guns.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

By the way. I'm talking about all kinds of gun; Handguns, Shotties, ARs, etc. I'm not specifically debating ARs, although I know that's the one being proposed to get banned. Just giving a general feeling on how I feel on guns as a whole.

I really don't get it when people compare these statistics. In the case of a malpractice, if you're dying and need surgery, it's already a 50/50 gamble; you either accept fate or put in a hands of another there's nothing you can do about that. Abortion is just stupidity; Keep your pants on or learn how to have sex right. It's all about you as an individual and whether you can keep yourself out of these situations, especially if you need an abortion; easily avoidable.

Guns is different, harder to avoid a conceal weapon 'cause every nut in town has them. IF you're saying that's why I need it for protection, then no. Having a gun for protection means I'm never the the aggressor, meaning I would have to been shot or attack first (and possibly already be dead for me to run and grab my gun to counter attack.) Uh...yeah it's easier just to take all guns.

Uh...just let it go man...

Vs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join