It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge in Bradley Manning trial just tweeted: "All of you need to know the truth" (unconfirmed)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Fake or not we all know its true.you want confirmed lier's to tell you what's what?you want the W.H. to tell you there is other life in the universe when you already know?come on use your own brain.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

You did not read enough nor did you comprhend what you did read. That poster was referring to the Twitter Account and why it was not banned. This has nothing to do with the OP's Thread being banned...it is a legitimate thread in which the OP even stated from the beginning he wasn't sure if it was real. Also posted in the grey area.

You may not like how Mods mod but its not your call nor is it your site. I believe the Op's thread is a legitimate news thread as this story will most dif make it onto the mainstream news if not already there.....very well could still cause a problem in the court room if the lawyers press it...again this has nothing to do with ATS mods nor should the thread be closed beacuse the twitter is fake...try reading and comprehending all of the thread next time.

edit on 1/20/2013 by DJMSN because: corrections

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
sell it like it's real on the public viral info scene anyway. that's what the government does. it doesnt matter as long as enough ppl get behind the idea.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Who gives power to those that hides the truth?Why is it within the rights of Government to deny the truth to the people...they took an oath to serve the interest of the American people.But then it's their right to make conflict of interest laws then subjugate people for trying to call this out in a justifiable manner?.....hmmmmmm?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN

You did not read enough nor did you comprhend what you did read. That poster was referring to the Twitter Account and why it was not banned. This has nothing to do with the OP's Thread being banned...it is a legitimate thread in which the OP even stated from the beginning he wasn't sure if it was real. Also posted in the grey area.

You may not like how Mods mod but its not your call nor is it your site. I believe the Op's thread is a legitimate news thread as this story will most dif make it onto the mainstream news if not already there.....very well could still cause a problem in the court room if the lawyers press it...again this has nothing to do with ATS mods nor should the thread be closed beacuse the twitter is fake...try reading and comprehending all of the thread next time.

edit on 1/20/2013 by DJMSN because: corrections

yeah you're right I was still pissed about all their past shoddy moderating and attached my frustration to this subject. I know it's not my site, that doesn't change the fact many of the mods are agenda driven otherwise why would they leave a closed topic up on the headlines?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

If this judge passes away anytime in the next 6 months we know it was true then.

just saying.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Its not closed...it is still a relevant topic in that a fake twitter account has been created in the name of a judge on the Manning case. It also brings to light the fact that people are capable of creating fake twitter accounts that look as if they have been verified. I did not know this and apparently several other members were unawares of this as well.

My understanding of how a topic is displayed on the front page is based on how many times it is visited, not because a Mod places it there. The Mods have a opportunity and a tough job to balance what is and is not on the sight. I think they do a reasonable job considering how much junk gets posted....I have seen where I felt that they had made mistakes (my opinion) and closed a thread but after reflection they admitted and opened it back up. They are human and sometimes humans makes errors but for the most part they mange to keep it a fairly balanced sight with both sides displayed.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
There is now way this is real, because Manning is in fact guilty. But with that said, I think that his motive is a very important piece of information, and this is likely why the judge will not allow it as a defense. The fact that he did not attempt to get money for them instantly takes him out of a certain realm or area of classification. This is a special case because what he did leak allowed the American public to witness firsthand the injustice and lies perpetrated by our government. THAT is why they want to punish him, and this is why he should not be punished. But very few appreciated the gesture, nor cared about the fact they were being lied to, as proven by the gov.'s own documents.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

The tweet is a hoax. Manny is guilty of leaking information but nothing more.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

I'm talking about the other one which is now off the headlines. Why would they leave a closed topic up on the headlines for days? anyway it doesn't matter it's not my site and I choose to come here just like I can choose to leave.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Who is Bradley manning?
This is new to me and I've been lurking 5 years! Can anyone fill me in please? : )

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

He released this video to wikileaks
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Along with the video, he released a database of government cables (Communications) between international leaders. (Super paraphrased)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I suggest you do a few google/ats searches to catch up on this.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by samuel1990
Who is Bradley manning?
This is new to me and I've been lurking 5 years! Can anyone fill me in please? : )

This might help a bit... He did this.

Now he is making his most brazen disclosure yet: 391,832 secret documents on the Iraqi war. He held a news conference in London on Saturday, saying that the release “constituted the most comprehensive and detailed account of any war ever to have entered the public record.”

Twelve weeks ago, he posted on his organization’s Web site some 77,000 classified Pentagon documents on the Afghan conflict.

But now, WikiLeaks has been met with new doubts. Amnesty International and Reporters Without Borders have joined the Pentagon in criticizing the organization for risking people’s lives by publishing war logs identifying Afghans working for the Americans or acting as informers.

A Taliban spokesman in Afghanistan using the pseudonym Zabiullah Mujahid said in a telephone interview that the Taliban had formed a nine-member “commission” after the Afghan documents were posted “to find about people who are spying.” He said the Taliban had a “wanted” list of 1,800 Afghans and was comparing that with names WikiLeaks provided.
Source

Manning was the source of that material and that was a story from early on. There was much more to come in volume and importance. Added to the data dump on Iraq and Afghanistan that the enemy during a shooting war found useful as they said themselves .... He dumped over 250,000 State Department reports and cables from just about every Embassy and Consulate in the world.

Considering no other nation had all their dirty laundry hung out to gawk at and utterly destroy all levels of diplomatic trust .... it put the U.S. at a singular disadvantage to be exceptionally KIND about what this kid did to his nation.

(What a coincidence.... the entire mission of the State Department was basically obliterated by the leak of it's massive cable databases ....just before the Arab Spring and so much else started for unrest between and within nations everywhere. History ought to be interesting for how it views all this with details we can't know yet.)
edit on 21-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Breaking the law to report on breaking the law shouldn't be a crime.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
If this is true I would risk my own life to protect that of the Judge that tweeted this. If he truly tweeted that he is a selfless hero willing to risk his life and at the minimum, his career to speak the truth. He would be a hero of epic proportions.

I don't tweet, never been to the site (:
edit on 19-1-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

It's patently a hoax, and she wouldn't be a hero, there would be an immediate retrial and the judge would be arrested for sharing information with the public during a trial as would a juror. She would lose both his job and credibility, but I wouldn't worry about what is such an obvious hoax.

edit on 21-1-2013 by something wicked because: typo

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by doesntmakesense

Going to call "hoax" on this one. She has 17 tweets total, every single one of them about Manning, and the oldest one made 3 hours ago. Cmon man don't be so gullible.

I was going to ask how old is the account.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by samuel1990
Who is Bradley manning?

Have you been living under a rock? lmgtfy.com...

How is this thread on the front page of ATS, so obviously a hoax tweeter

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Has anyone been able to provide irrefutable evidence that the tweeter is a person other than the judge? Has anyone been able to verify with undeniable evidence that the twitter account is a bogus account? It would make sense that the judge would cover his/her tracks so to speak rather than be fully known when making such a history making comment.

I am soooooooo wanting this to be true. When a person in a position of authority has the conscience to speak the truth it gives a person a much needed boost to their spirit. It is the same as Bradley Manning - he and his actions are awesome.

Much Peace...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

No evidence at all that its real.

I also think a large percentage of us want it to be true. I know I want it to be true but I know it isn't.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Two new tweets from the fake judge.

This includes Governments that had illegal dealing with the US.

Read everything #Wikileaks published.Everyone who wants #Manning to serve time are the ones embarrassed by #Wikileaks
twitter.com...

I am surprised the twitter account wasn't removed yet. im not saying that means its true, just wondering why twitter is keeping the fake account around.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join