It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge in Bradley Manning trial just tweeted: "All of you need to know the truth" (unconfirmed)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Judge in Bradley Manning trial just tweeted: "All of you need to know the truth. Mr. Manning is innocent. I'm being pressured by the Government and Military to prosecute an innocent young man."

First 5 tweets:

For all of you who don't know me I'm the Judge in Bradley Manning's trial. I have some things to say to the American people before the Government tries to silence me. All of you need to know the truth. Mr. #Manning is innocent. I'm being pressured by the Government and Military to prosecute an innocent young man. The Government and Military want to use Mr. #Manning as an example for future whistle-blowers,don't report our crimes.

Hello guys,

for obvious reasons I posted this in the gray area. (could do skunk works as well but since this is unconfirmed either or should suffice.)

I was just browsing FB and twitter and saw this. its almost too good to be true (Most likely is) but I just wanted to share this and maybe get to the bottom of this to see if its true or not.

in my opinion, I don't think it is but you never know..

Reddit.com

vip.upriser.com...

twitter account: twitter.com...
edit on 1/19/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/19/2013 by ugie1028 because: FIxed links.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Its a fake account....

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Going to call "hoax" on this one. She has 17 tweets total, every single one of them about Manning, and the oldest one made 3 hours ago. Cmon man don't be so gullible.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

yea, most likely. (Why i posted it int he gray area.)

But you never know. I just want to find out where this is coming from. I hope its true, but again as I said its most likely not true.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

gullible? I said it was most likely not true. I did not claim it was true.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If this is true I would risk my own life to protect that of the Judge that tweeted this. If he truly tweeted that he is a selfless hero willing to risk his life and at the minimum, his career to speak the truth. He would be a hero of epic proportions.

I don't tweet, never been to the site (:
edit on 19-1-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

If this judge's twitter account is real. Unconfirmed and most likely not true.

I brought this up because people are already cheering for joy and what-not and want to see this debunked or proven.

Its what ATS is good for sometimes.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
well he is guilty there is no doubt about that.. but is he wrong for doing it and should he get in trouble for exposing crimes.. NO. The government cannot be held to a different standard then its people.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

No matter what anyone's opinion of Bradley Manning the fact is he's definitely guilty of leaking classified material. Now I agree what he leaked the public needed to know but regardless, he did break the law doing it. So with this new, and unverified, twitter account claiming to be from the judge, it doesn't make sense the judge would say hes innocent when he's clearly guilty.

That said, free Bradley Manning!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I agree, a lot of reasons why this can be false.

Manning is guilty, thats a given. we already know he released those cables to Assange & wiki-leaks.

I dont think he should serve jail time or be used as an example for other potential whistle-blowers. someone had to point out the crimes, or possible crimes to someone. who polices the police?

With that being said... "truth is treason in the empire of lies" -GO

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
manning committed acts against his nation, his service and his friends who trusted him. Guilt or Innocence is a legal construct and who knows how this turns out on that. Maybe he does skate...but I HIGHLY doubt it. Obama wants his head on a pike. Clinton would take it in a hat box if it had to come that way, I have no doubt. He burned them both..PERSONALLY and made their lives one living hell for anything international in nature. Probably for many Presidents to come, too.

As much as I would hypothetically have enjoyed reading the State Dept cables ..since we're not legally supposed to, after all... I'll never understand the logic which says dumping the entire SIPRNET databases he could access was anything short of reckless stupidity that I have NO QUESTION in my mind has gotten good people killed. it may be unprovable...but I'd love to know where the informants and simply contacts of a local nature are today that were named in the flood he let loose to the world. I'm willing to bet good health and happiness isn't the case for a good # of them.

That being said... IF a sitting Judge actually said this? He shouldn't be on the Bench any longer ...period. Recuse himself and retire...then say all he's like. This way though? Yeah.. I guess he WOULD think Manning a nice young man, since he would have just done exactly what Manning did himself. Circumvent, weasel around and generally play games to take a stand without having the courage to take a stand.

Realistically? I kinda doubt this came from a Judge to begin with. There are ways to end a career...but this would be spectacular by any standard ...and actionable for prosecution, if I'm not terribly mistaken?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

No matter what anyone's opinion of Bradley Manning the fact is he's definitely guilty of leaking classified material. Now I agree what he leaked the public needed to know but regardless, he did break the law doing it. So with this new, and unverified, twitter account claiming to be from the judge, it doesn't make sense the judge would say hes innocent when he's clearly guilty.

That said, free Bradley Manning!

The real question here is, would he have been violating his oath by not reporting it? It is my stance that if what he reported could be construed in any way as encroachment on anyone's constitutional rights, he did his duty. This would mean that his oath of secrecy was superseded by his oath to the constitution and therefore no crime has been committed!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And i bet if he could do it all again he would, those documents uncovered allot of messed up stuff that our government does. I would easily give up my life to give thousands more just a pinch of freedom. To me that man is a martyr..

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Having a serious problem buying this.Must be bogus twitter account.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

How do you question the current administration, in one breath, and then defend them in the next is beyond me!

Manning, did something he believed to be right, in exposing the lies and corruption of our government, whom you have questioned yourself. Yet! You condemn Manning for trying to get out the truth..........???? WTF???

And just who was killed because of what Manning did?
edit on 19-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

everyone's initial reaction to this is a fake twitter account. I also think its fake.

Seeing the attention this got as fast as it did made me want to dig into this a little more. end the hoax before people start taking this as truth and at the same time preventing another confusing untrue conspiracy theory.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Many would agree he was upholding his oath but on the other hand when you receive a clearance you sign a contract stating you will never divulge or leak classified material, no matter what. Whistle blowers are definitely important and needed but WB who hold clearances really are stuck between a rock and a hard place because they can and will be prosecuted every time.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

If indeed that is the case, it is wrong on so many levels! I still see the Constitutional Oath as be all, end all when it comes down to it. Upholding the later is far more important to a Constitutional Republic!

Also, I see a violation on the most important oath to a Constitutional Republic as making any other oath to thwart that one NULL and VOID!
edit on 19-1-2013 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Oh that's definitely the case. If you hold a clearance, whether Confidential, Secret, Top Secret or Top Secret/SCI, you are bound by legal contracts to never divulge what you know. Some cases are the exception, like former clearance holders writing a book and having the Pentagon green light or red light it for publish, but in the case of Manning he took military classified material and leaked it to a foreign civilian. Leaking military classified info to a foreign civilian is about as bad as it gets in the intel world. He knew when he leaked that info he knew was going to military prison for the rest of his life. He knew he wasn't gonna get away with it and looking back on it he probably could have taken a different path that would have kept him out of prison, but clearly leaking it to the public made a much bigger impact then any other path he would have chosen.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Perhaps he expected something similar to what I've laid out? That being the Constitution protecting him from illegal persecution as it was meant to!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join