It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I actually need a powerful gun TO LIVE, everyday folks

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianFlanders

Originally posted by bknapple32
And call me crazy but I'm pretty sure Obama isn't banning all guns. Just the assault rifles.

OK. Let's do a relatively simple analogy.

1. Let's say that a person is standing at the bottom of a flight of stairs.

2. At the top of that flight of stairs is a sign that says "NO TRESPASSING BEYOND THIS POINT"

3. Every few minutes, the person goes up one step and stops. Each time he takes a step, the owner comes out and tells him he can't come up. He says he's not climbing the stairs. He says he's only taking one step.

Do you think anyone would believe he's not actually climbing the stairs simply because he's not doing it all at once?

If you should have learned anything in this life by now it's that there is almost nothing that only happens once. When someone does something once, there will be a repeat performance sooner or later if they succeeded last time.
edit on 20-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

I would be with you on this analogy but there was an assault weapons ban once before and it was allowed to expire. My guess is history will repeat itself. Despite what the fear mongers say, it won't go past assault weapons. Too many moderate Democrats to allow that to happen.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
doggies
reply to post by LightOrange

Yes it will. Get a hold of yourself. Most of these animals would run away from a 9 yr old setting off firecrackers for God's sake.

Oh really? In a non television encounter - confronting a wild animal - on their turf - when they are hungry and their blood is up? A firecracker?

AHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Get a hold of yourself?

Let’s interject a little reality here. I’ve been there done that as they say and without my H&K? I’d of been nothing but a pile a coyote poop the next morning.

Let's stick you out in the middle of the woods with a pack of wild animals who’ve systematically tracked and circled you precisely cunningly and logistically for one reason. To eat you alive.

There you are face to face with hundreds of teeth just ready to tear you apart and we’ll give you a choice between a firecracker and a handgun.

And if you chose that handgun - which and sane person would - let’s then see if you shoot it in the air 'to make the bad doggies run away’ - or - if you chose to shoot AT them to save your life.

‘Shooting in the air’ is idealistic on television and unrealistic in any crisis situation. All you’ve accomplished is to spend one precious bullet which might make the difference between your living or dying - all while improperly discharging a firearm in a dangerous manner.

When an animal is hungry and in hunt mode? No firecracker is gonna cut it. None.

Just like when the most ferocious and cunning animal of all - man - is in 'hunt mode'. You’re not gonna stop the attacker by shooting in the air - or waiting on the cops. Ok, so you might not end up being people poop the next day - but dead, is dead.

peace

edit on 20-1-2013 by silo13 because: remove bold

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I would be with you on this analogy but there was an assault weapons ban once before and it was allowed to expire. My guess is history will repeat itself. Despite what the fear mongers say, it won't go past assault weapons. Too many moderate Democrats to allow that to happen.

And I believe it was allowed to expire for one simple reason. The Republicans were running the show and it expired right before the election (IIRC). Do you really think the Republicans could have held on if they had alienated their base by assisting in renewing it right before the election?

The way I see it, Democrats and Republicans are really all on the same team but they need to switch teams from time to time so they can accomplish all their goals. Republicans can't enact very liberal laws and Democrats can't enact very conservative ones. The liberal vs conservative divide is very real in the population so the politicians have to play the game that way.

And they want more than a gun ban. Read some of the other threads about this. Watch Fox News and listen to what they're really saying. They all know a gun ban is a goal that's only going to be achievable incrementally. But they're looking to establish what will essentially be the thought police in America as well. If you don't behave the way they want you to, not only will you not be allowed to have a gun, you will be sent for what they will call "treatment". Involuntarily, of course.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianFlanders

And I believe it was allowed to expire for one simple reason. The Republicans were running the show and it expired right before the election. Do you really think the Republicans could have held on if they had alienated their base by assisting in renewing it right before the election?

The way I see it, Democrats and Republicans are really all on the same team but they need to switch teams from time to time so they can accomplish all their goals. Republicans can't enact very liberal laws and Democrats can't enact very conservative ones. The liberal vs conservative divide is very real in the population so the politicians have to play the game that way.

And they want more than a gun ban. Read some of the other threads about this. Watch Fox News and listen to what they're really saying. They all know a gun ban is a goal that's only going to be achievable incrementally. But they're looking to establish what will essentially be the thought police in America as well. If you don't behave the way they want you to, not only will you not be allowed to have a gun, you will be sent for what they will call "treatment". Involuntarily, of course.

Listen to fizz news? No thanks.
But you're right. Republicans had to play to the base. What makes you think that won't happen again? This one will expire as well and will not go past whatever compromise is reached just like last time this happen
edit on 20-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
Do you eat things that were never alive ?

Do you eat everything you kill ?

Originally posted by HelenConway
I hate this ' lets kill anything that moves ' mentality.

Me too.
To truly appreciate nature, humans need to 'assimilate'
to preserve the planet.
Unfortunately the sick-power-mad individuals will doom this
planet with their exploitation.

edit on 20/1/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 1YellowRose

OP what a truthful and honest post straight from your heart

People living in cities just don't get it, and most of them would starve to death if they ever had to rely on their wits for food

Thank you for posting what we all need to hear.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1YellowRose
I really should respond to this...

Isn't it odd how those that do not live off the land really have no clue what life is like outside the concrete jungle. In the country kids learn to handle a firearm at really young ages. And are taught to be accountable for their actions or lack thereof.

I'm tired. I will start babbling if I haven't already. If I do not call it a night

Oh and if it wasn't for us country folk they would not have food on there table.

Ignore the city slickers who haven't a clue Rose

And keep in mind ATS has both paid posters and government volunteers who try to always deflect and misinform

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

And no one is taking your guns away.

Anything you Currently own is yours to keep

I have to seriously question your competency as a Human Being

when you don't understand that my children will need protection from the government TOO

Call me paranoid, but I believe ATS has posters with specific agenda,

I start to wonder about such things when I read posts by people like you who seem intelligent and yet fail on logic

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JewAgainstZionism

Well thanks for at least including a point in your post instead of just a personal attack on me. So spend your time questioning my being a competent human being. And I'll keep bringing logic to these topics, because some of you are far too emotional to have a civil conversation.

As for your singular point. Again, like 1992, this assault ban will expire in due time as well. Or moderate dems and Republicans will come to a deal that the people can go with. Your kids will be fine.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Listen to fizz news? No thanks.

I don't watch them often either but I think it's important to do so occasionally because the MSM is near the epicenter of whatever is going on. It's not always easy but if you can figure out what the MSM wants you to believe, you can often figure out what's closer to the truth.

But you're right. Republicans had to play to the base. What makes you think that won't happen again? This one will expire as well and will not go past whatever compromise is reached just like last time this happen

It might happen again and it might not. The last time may have been a mistake in planning or something else we don't know about. But I think it's safe to assume that if they're all "in it together" in the end, the last thing they want is a populace that can defend itself. None of them really want civilians to own weapons. And if they must concede to some sort of weapons, they would certainly rather people have single shot shotguns than AR-15s and Glocks and so on. So you can bet that their ultimate plan (among other things) is a step by step process that will end in what will amount to an almost complete gun ban.

And again, at the moment, they probably figure they can kill two birds with one stone. They can make progress on their incremental gun ban and they can continue to establish the concept of thoughtcrime as real crime in this country and the thought police as the solution. They will start to integrate psychiatry into the process of political oppression using things like guns and mass shootings as their predicate.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JewAgainstZionism

Id get your nose checked if that's what you're smelling.

See I now know you're just a fear mongerer. You call me a rat amongst other things. You have no idea what you're talking about. I've been on here 5 years and thousands of posts, but yes, the world revolves around you and the government has spotted you specifically cause you are so special.

Or I'm a gun owner who doesn't happen to let the fear mongering get to me.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Id get your nose checked if that's what you're smelling.

See I now know you're just a fear mongerer. You call me a rat amongst other things. You have no idea what you're talking about. I've been on here 5 years and thousands of posts, but yes, the world revolves around you and the government has spotted you specifically cause you are so special.

Or I'm a gun owner who doesn't happen to let the fear mongering get to me.

If you want to live in La La land, that's your choice.

Let me tell other people who are reading this........ a little about MY choice.

I lost a friend on 9/11

I was angry at the Terrorists

Later on, it turns out terrorists were/are CIA and Mossad

At that point I realized that Government simply can not be trusted, and those who do, are morons.

The End

Short and Sweet.
edit on 20-1-2013 by JewAgainstZionism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Doesn't mean they are responsible for every thing that happens in this world. We agree on 9/11 though

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Originally posted by Dustytoad
Do you eat things that were never alive ?

Do you eat everything you kill ?

Me too.
To truly appreciate nature, humans need to 'assimilate'
to preserve the planet.
Unfortunately the sick-power-mad individuals will doom this
planet with their exploitation.

edit on 20/1/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

I know and what makes me so sad is they are in the majority or if they are not those who are indifferent certainly are. It is the most tragic thing .. the fourth great extinction event, we are watching it unfold. We could change it, but the present 'system' is just accelerating the end. It is also sidelining and penalising anyone who speaks out about the destruction of the planet and her life.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

This little ol story seems a little ol far fetched

This is seems like ol fashion pandering.

Maybe you should stop steeling the ol honey from the bear.

Sorry, but I'm a big bad wolf.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Why should the government get to tell me what a firearm is? I think bazookas and grenade launchers are firearms too.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Why should the government get to tell me what a firearm is? I think bazookas and grenade launchers are firearms too.

Again, obvious straw man. The vast majority of people don't want to own such weapons and I think the difference between a semiautomatic rifle and a bomb should be obvious. Bombs are designed specifically for indiscriminate killing.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

why do you have to kill sentient creatures - it is disgusting and evil.
Why not just scare them away and lock your meat up properly.

maybe try walking a mile in her shoes before you condemn her. is self preservation evil? wild animals don't always scare very easily especially when competing for food.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

why do you have to kill sentient creatures - it is disgusting and evil.
Why not just scare them away and lock your meat up properly.

maybe try walking a mile in her shoes before you condemn her. is self preservation evil? wild animals don't always scare very easily especially when competing for food.

I have already clarified this with yellow rose - she said she does not kill animals. Only if her life is threatened.

The point I was making is that there is a lobby of gun users in America and England who love killing beautiful creatures for fun.

Like the wolf and bear hunters - they are evil in my book.

Like the rich English /Americans / Europeans - people who go to Africa so that they can enjoy the fun of killing an elephant or a lion - they are sociopaths in my book.

edit on 20-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join