It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I actually need a powerful gun TO LIVE, everyday folks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is just one example of what a young grizz can do with locked doors. No this is not as secure as it could be. If I could find the other pics of what was done to much more secure buildings, I will post them. But I am seeing that I had not backed up many good pics before my last crash. Which is a major bummer

I will see if the neighbors still have their pics and get them up. This is at the neighbors place There was one chest freezer and an upright. Both were opened and contents enjoyed

And this is the bear that did it. Big mommas kid got himself in trouble. And was taken way out in the mountains. No we do not kill anything if we do not have to.

edit on 19-1-2013 by 1YellowRose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Did they buy from a FFL dealer or from a private sale? There is a difference. The Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA) allows FFLs to transfer firearms at gun shows provided they follow the provisions of the GCA and other pertinent federal regulations. This includes filing a NICS on the person they transferring the gun to. So your friend is either lying or bought from a private party at the gun show. Private Parties are not required to perform background checks if they are not "in the business" of trading firearms. Which by that happenstance I could take out an add in the paper to sell my firearm and never file a background check. No laws are circumnavigated by gun shows. The gun shows give private sellers more exposure but maybe EVERY firearm sale private or not needs to have a background check filed. I'm totally ok with that if it means one less crazy can get a gun.

Just don't change a law or definition with intent to infringe on the rights of a law-abiding citizen to own, possess, buy or sell.

edit on 19-1-2013 by HellstormRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by HellstormRising

That's interesting... considering I know people who bought guns at gun shows without any background check. Roughly 40% of gun sales go without a check

My glock and other guns are bought with a background check however.
edit on 19-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

I've been to gun shows also. There were no vendors at those shows who were not required to run a 4473. The only "loophole" that exists pertain to the few people who walk around with a sign advertising the gun they are selling, and that ends up being a private sale like any other private sale, except that it is conducted inside the gun show premises between the two individuals. Also, those guns that are for sale are checked by the state police at the door to make sure they are legal and unloaded. So the police are perfectly fine with the "loophole".

How about we start telling the truth around here rather than making sh*t up. 40% is so over the top false. You see a gun show with 150 vendors, and maybe 20 guys walking around wanting to do a private sale. They could just as easily sell on any number of websites like jasonsguns.

edit on 19-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I have to laugh. I am 49, going on 90. It is the city that actually made me choose this life. I would not step foot back in california even if you paid me. I am tired of the lack of integrity, respect, honesty etc that I dealt with.

And before someone screams "there are decent people in the city".
If I could have found more the 4 or 5 people. Then I just might still be there...

I wish I could have grown up n these parts.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Private sale. But then what's the point. Make private sales at gunshows illegal.

I was just recently at the shot show in Vegas and I didn't see any private sellers to be honest. But I also want actively seeking them out either

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Private Sales at gun shows account for maybe 1/3 of the sales there but only 4-9% of ALL gun sales in the U.S. I can't really see making private sales illegal at gun shows having much impact overall. I think the answer that infringes the least and still ensures that safety is number one is making all gun sales long gun or handgun, private or dealer be required to file a NICS. Currently only FFL dealers have to do this on all sales but not the individual seller. There should be a hotline to call where anyone's criminal background can be called up in the act of filing for a firearms transfer. It may require faxing in the transfer paperwork prior to getting it approved but none of this infringes on the right of a law-abiding citizen to own, posses, buy or sell to another law-abiding citizen.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What about a gun license so to speak. You only have to pass one deep check. From then you don't have to have a background check with every purchase. And if you do something wrong. Your license gets flagged for future purchases

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

No that's not correct. Although you do pass a deep background check once to get your license (at the federal level) every gun that is sold is required to file a NICS. This is simply a phone call to the DPS of your state confirming that you're still not a known felon and that your permit information is still valid. If the FED finds you to be on any alerts their systems will quickly revoke your permit by identifying you to the state. If the state fails on that it's not the fault of the dealer, private seller or even the person who handed the permit to the attendant(unless he knows). Often times any investigations on your person will trigger a series of events that will deny you the right to buy a firearm regardless of whether you have a permit or not.

I've seen it happen.
edit on 19-1-2013 by HellstormRising because: My Apologies, I thought you were saying that it is an issue that's how they handle it. Above is the actual process from my understanding of and explanation to me by dealers, and police alike....

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I was more suggesting that as a way to handle things

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

to form a militia you mean

And they went taking anything you own.Nothing of your property is being taken away.

Your right to bear tank, missiles, an nukes as arms has been infringed for years wheres the Outrage for that?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But it is best to not push a citizen ran militia, else you're a terrorist and will soon be on some guy's video screen.
edit on 1/19/2013 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Without welfare, universal medical care, public transport, mandatory schooling, pale grants etc.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
if you ban semi auto's you're basically back to muskets, a single shot rifle.

just a little faster reload, which is what the "founding fathers" were talking about when they said "arms".

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 1YellowRose

Hello,

Just wanted to say that I think you are just plain awesome. My grandmother farmed and packed heat.

I was just wondering though, excuse me if I have missed it in your posts, but we know that you have found a 22 to be insufficient for your needs and then the video with the scoped assault style rifles.

What are you actually taking out in the field with you?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You hunting bears and predators outside your house in podunk town is a conspiracy how? And call me crazy but I'm pretty sure Obama isn't banning all guns. Just the assault rifles. My goodness, just how did people in the 18th and 19th century live? !

edit on 19-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

Bear Traps.

But I guess those are out of style. And if someone is having to fix their fence EVERY DAY........

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Is this powerful enough for you? Should be able to put anything down with one shot.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So, a Shotgun wouldn't work for you, eh? You need an assault rifle? Armor piercing rounds too?

Wonder how those pioneers with shotguns and rifles ever made it...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Thanks exactly what I've been saying This Entire thread

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
trying to take guns from americans is like trying to take a bone from a dog. wont happen.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecludedGamer
trying to take guns from americans is like trying to take a bone from a dog. wont happen.

Good thing no one is doing that . Whatever you own today, you will have tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Bravo! Thank you for stating this part of the issue so eloquently! I have nothing more to say, but this side of the issue probably isn't addressed much. And I noticed Silo stated the same stuff too. I haven't read much yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join