It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I actually need a powerful gun TO LIVE, everyday folks

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
Bombs are ordinance, not firearms. But, I can understand the confusion.

Also, Machine guns are inaccurate, and a waste of ammunition. The fire rate of your standard M-16 is 850 rounds per minute. A liberal figure, for one the common magazine capacity is 30. it's gonna take around 3 seconds to reload for most people familiar with the gun, and you'll have to reload 28 times in that minute just your 28 reloads will take quite a bit longer than a minute.

Machine guns aren't the "efficient killing machines" that people think they are. A standard Machine gun in the Military is the common heavy machine gun, it's a mounted weapon, too heavy to carry on your own. The ammo chain usually contains 100 rounds, after firing 200 rounds sustained fire, it is recommended that you change the barrel. Because a hot barrel can cause a variety of severe problems.

But, Machine guns aren't exactly illegal either, you can even legally own them in California.

As far as "designed for military use" that's a silly statement, most guns were designed for military use. Here are some common ones: Enfield .303, Springfield 03, Colt 1911, Beretta 9mm, Colt army and navy revolver, Winchester 1894. That's two common pistols, a lever action rifle, and two bolt action rifles. Want to know what weapon wasn't designed for Military use? AR-15, the civilian semi-auto version of the M-16. In fact, the AR-15 started out, as the M-16, and was redesigned for civilian use and dubbed the AR-15, by the way, the AR does not stand for "assault rifle", that's a common misconception, what does AR mean? It's an abbreviation for Armalite, the company that first produced it.

Actually it stands for Armalite Rifle.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 1YellowRose

But an assault rifle?

I've lived in Kodiak, Alaska, so I know a thing or two about bears...and yes, a .22 would be like shooting it with a BB gun...but you don't need an AR-15 either...any good high-powered hunting rifle will do. Of course, generally the sound alone would scare them off.....

That said, I do think that if someone wants to shell out the dough for an assault rifle, and legally purchases it, I don't have a problem with it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Something to keep in mind about the so called assault rifle ban.

This info is straight from the FBI (2011)

Murders..

With rifle (of any kind, assault, hunting, singleshot, etc) 323
With Shotgun 356
With Handgun 6220
Firearms not listed 1684
With Knife (sharp instrument) 1694
Blunt objects (hammers, clubs, etc) 496
Personal objects (hands, feet, fists, etc) 728

Does anyone see what I see? Even with including ALL rifles it accounts for the fewest number of murders/deaths. If the goal actually is safety, they should focus on handguns, knives, and baseball bats before going after the rifles. Hell, shotguns account for more than all rifles, but they are not after the shotguns. So call BS on anyone after the "assault rifle" ban as uninformed opportunists.

Edit. just so the uninformed opportunists cant claim I'm pulling numbers out of my a$$.

www.fbi.gov...
edit on 27-2-2013 by spacedebris because: adding source.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

When did I ever say I needed or wanted a assault rifle ie fully auto Or specifically an AR for that matter???

Go back and read this post Here
If you can't be bothered to read any other posts of mine.

Or go back to sleep...

And a million times I must say thank you to the ones that do truly understand what I am saying, as for the others.... zipped lips
edit on 3-3-2013 by 1YellowRose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

the DHS recently put in a bid to purchase 7000 AR-15's with selective firing (semi auto, 3 round burst, and full auto), yet they called them "Personal Defense Weapons" (PDW), not assault rifles.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is seeking to purchase up to 7,000 “personal defense weapons” (PDW)

DHS said the "select-fire" weapons are “suitable for personal defense use in close quarters.” The weapons sought by the DHS would be capable of semi-automatic and automatic fire and would be equipped with high-capacity 30-round magazines

www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 1YellowRose

In your OP, the video clearly shows Assault Rifles. Since there is no other info as to the type of gun you were trying to justify, it was the natural assumption this is what you were talking about.

I apologize for misconstruing anything, but can you at least see how I drew the conclusion?

the DHS recently put in a bid to purchase 7000 AR-15's with selective firing (semi auto, 3 round burst, and full auto), yet they called them "Personal Defense Weapons" (PDW), not assault rifles.

Cool, so we can use their own words against them!

edit on 6-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join