It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our experience with a legend be it pterosaur, thunderbird ,pterodactyl,dragon, wyvern or combination

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Batan

Sorry my son was just here and we discussed this a little. And the monkey thing was reported by some children in the southwest .It was covered by a soft downy fur which was white with light brown inflections in it.The body that is. I thought it had feathers on wings but my son said it didnt I think it was bent at the waist . . It was leaning on its bent wings when we first saw it and then it stood erect and stayed erect albeit difficultly(new word). It could barely stand and brandish those wings without falling forward. I will see if I can make him my son)come forward with the photo if he still has it whether bad or good. Sorry bout no paragraphs I was taught to indent anyway and I cant type . But if you can bare with my mistakes I believe I can contribute to this site. Thanks Oh and No it didnt look like any of the photographs. Not even close.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

Thank's so much for replying. Can't wait for the photo (if you can get it up)

Originally posted by midnightstar
son was 29 --------------------------I am 32 yjis INFO IS TAKEN right from this duds replys!!!
so the guy whos 32 has a son whos 29 honstly i think thats a better conspersie then if they seen a bird

edit on 21-1-2013 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

As for this- -well I believe your story, so I hope you don't take offence, but I have to ask again because you didn't explain it.

Honestly I was too lazy to look back at where this guy got his information, so it is very possible that he/she is mistaken, but I still want it explained.

It's a really good story- -maybe it is a new species.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Batan

Id like to know where he got his information also. It is a fallacy and someone is fishing for information on me. I never said 29 to anyone because he isnt. Suffice it to say we are both adults.But by giving people credence that are lying you give them power and I refuse to do that. So I just ignore it.I will continue to pester my son about the photo. Thanks again

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Midnightstar confused this post: post by Teye22 with yours Chardonnay, that's where the confusion over your age comes from.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I should never have given that guy credit. As I said, I believe you and hope you didn't take offence.

Back to the bird: so it had feathers, did it have wings like a pterodactyl? did it have a crest? At this point I'm at a loss- -sounds kinda like a pteranodon, but I think if it was- -you would know it. All I can think of is some kind of new species.

Somebody mentioned looking up birds in your area- -Just an idea, but did you try looking in some bird books?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Wow... I'm at a loss... even though it might be unsettling, what a neat experience. You aren't alone (as I guess you found out).

Could you please give a general idea of the area of greater Tucson this happened in? I get that you want to maintain privacy and don't want this thing bothered or harmed, but just a vague idea of north or south, etc., would be nice for a variety of reasons.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Batan

I started looking up everything that could possibly come close to this creature. And nothing did .I said I thought it had feathers but I remember the feathers sticking up straight on the crown of the head but they werent very long. The problem here is I cant categorize it. It wasnt anything Id seen before.But it was closer to a pterosaur than anything else. Im too chicken to go back there without my son. And thankyou for the apology about our ages. I just ignore most misinformation anyway so its Ok.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Were either, or both of you on perscription medication by any chance? My guess is you unwittingly stumbled upon a stray chihuahua or something under the bridge, and you are exaggerating the whole story. Either that, or there was nothing there, just the excitement from 'collecting rocks' caused you to have a sort of mass hysteria/hallucination? Either way, I don't believe you for one second that there was a baby dinosaur under a bridge.

PS. What stopped your 29 year old son, who still calls his mother 'Mommy', from getting evidence/a picture?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by McCool

Wow, I thought we cleared up the whole mommy thing- -He was talking about the birds mommy.

P.S. If you don't wan't to add anything positive- -don't post.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by McCool

As a Brit, you may not realize that many Americans, particularly if they were raised in the South, continue to refer to their parents as mommy and daddy long into adulthood. I've particularly noticed this in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, west Texas, parts of Kansas, etc. in fact they frequently refer to all relatives in the same terms they used when they were small children.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Maybe your son just saw The Wizard of Oz,,,,"flying monkeys" et al.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by McCool

People dont usually have the same hallucination.I am simply relating the facts of an encounter we had..Why pick on me? As for the location--- at the base of the Catalinas on NW side.Thanks again

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Chardonnay, you describe the animal as very clumsy and unsteady. Do you nevertheless feel it could easily have reached you if you had gotten closer to try to lure it out where you could have seen it better? You and your son sound like you felt so threatened that your fear overrode your curiosity. After reading about what some birds in Australia are capable of, I do not blame you!

I'm trying to get a sense of what locomotion this creature could have been capable of at the time, and whether the lack of grace on ground is an indicator of age or of a species more comfortable in the air, when its plumage is in good order, that is. It was probably some known species rendered unrecognizable by moulting, but you never know. I wonder if it really was a baby or just looked like one because of the odd state it was in, having lost its feathers or having ragged plumage.

I don't doubt it was difficult to get photographic evidence. Last summer I saw very suspicious heat lighting repeatedly flashing in the same exact place over and over again over the ocean. Now it could have been a normal weather phenomenon but I had never seen anything like it and wanted to catalog it so more knowledgeable people could give me their take on it. I grabbed the iPhone and thought I was getting good video of it, only to find on playback I got nothing but inky black "soup" for visuals and the sound of my own breathing. But the fact I thought to break from my fascination and grab a camera at all is only because I've spent so much time on ATS and its kind of trained me to try and become a better observer and remember to reach for the camera more than I normally would.

I can't say snapping pictures comes second nature. And my experience with cell phone cameras and just taking pictures of my cat and kids is most of the photos are a blurred mess, so it's a good thing I live with these strange beings and can get multiple photo ops with them. If I ever do run across Sasquatch, it will just be a big brown blur on camera. If on video, it will be a video of the ground, my tennis shoes, and sounds of me running and screaming for MY mother. I've been deathly scared of the concept of Sasquatch since I saw a dreadful "documentary" on them in the 1970's when I was a little kid. Jason, Freddy Kreuger, Chucky never bothered me but Sasquatch, no thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Thanks for the location. The south base of the Catalinas was where I saw the odd bird, btw, and a friend swore he saw something like an adult version of your sighting through a telescope while watching mountain sheep on Pusch Ridge from Oro Valley 40 years ago.

I wonder what the deal is as a breeding population of these things just doesn't seem likely. The questions gush.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

You just gave me the eeweee jeeebies---- close to pusch ridge. This creature had to be more comfortable in the air.That skinny little body wasnt made to walk erect with those wings extended. It was proportioned totally wrong,Idont think it had much of a neck either. And for those of you doubting Thomas`s-----Methinks thou dost protest too much.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
My parents were driving across the desert of Utah in the late 60s on a two lane highway, and saw something to this day that they believe was a pterodactyl type creature. As they rounded a curve they could see a huge thing in the middle of the road, and as their car approached, it raised its wings which were wider than the entire two lane road surface and took ungainly flight. They can remember the shape, and looking at artists renditions of pterodactyls, they say yes, that is what they saw. My dad has seen buzzards and condors, and whilst big, were only dwarves in comparison to whatever it was that they saw. I have zero reason to not believe them or the other numerous accounts throughout current history which demonstrate that things are not as some scientists would have us believe today. Evolution demands that they died out a hundred million years ago - and any proof that they live sparsely in the world today, unchanged in that time span, nullifies the current beliefs of many. Marco Polo's accounts of dragons in the Far East are widely discredited as falsehoods, despite drawn maps of the area being used for nearly two centuries after his book's publication. People believed him then, just not today with the theory of evolution seeped as fact in our minds.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Where you able to get the photo? I know you said it was a blur, but I still think it would be cool to see.
Thanks- - -

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Batan

I will do my best to pester him about it. The creature didnt frighten me because it didnt even occur to me. Its wingspan and skinny body trying to stay erect under the weight of them prevented it from being frightening. It took a step or two towards us but almost toppled over with the attempt to appear threatening by spreading those massive wings. I dont even know how it got down there to begin with.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm still trying to find a rational explanation for what you and your son saw. Maybe it was a bat. Some of them can get to be 4 feet tall with wider wingspans. There is the Giant Golden Crowned flying Fox. It is a huge bat. It also might help how this flying thing had the body of a monkey. 9wows.com... Yeah, that creature is real!
Take a look at Chapin's bat. It has a crest head that could have looked like feathers. I can't find much info on this one. listverse.com...

Either of these guys would have had to have escaped from a zoo or a circus. I believe they are both tropical. Adapting to the local environment may have bleached their skin/fur to look more white. It's not so unbelievable. Don't they believe the Jersey Devil is a Hammer Head Bat?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mistressofspice

I kept on saying to myself "Look at the size of that beak! That beak! My god look at that beak! So no, It wasnt a bat. It did have feathers on top but they were shorter and fatter than the bats crest of hair but very similar. But this creature was white or ivory soft down. It just didnt fit into any category except pterodactyl. It made no sound and the eyes were not of this world' They were elongated with vertical slits. And it had no teeth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join