It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our experience with a legend be it pterosaur, thunderbird ,pterodactyl,dragon, wyvern or combination

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
. Please let the rocks slide,
edit on 18-1-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

Very clever and witty pun.

I like this story sounds more realistic than some i have read apart from the whole monkey thing, i have looked at numerous pictures of Pterodactyls and Birds and i assure you in none of them from any angle do they look like monkeys.

But what kind of rocks do you collect. Don;t see the appeal but im always interested in learning new stuff. I prefer to collect stuff with monetary value.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

I just wrote a huge reply and my computer blipped. Anyway. After this sighting I started researching pterodactyl sightings particularly in the Southwest and lo and behold there were afew recorded instances and the children said it had a monkey like face. A lthough I dont see the connection. When I asked my son to draw it his head looked like a duck billed platypus whereas the one I drew looked like a spindly little narrow long head with afoot long beak but the wings were the same. Neither one of us remember a tail. But it was moulting and definitely a baby He said he thought of a flying monkey because of the wings and the arms extending into them. This thing was mad, scared and very awkward. later on I thought it was a clone or DNA experiment that escaped, I dont like being accused of lying Whats the point? This happened and maybe someday there will be proof Thanks again people. I have always believed what people say ; I dont understand why someone would lie and its in poor taste to suggest it. Rock hounding is fun and can be very profitable. luv to all------

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

I dont appreciate your correction of my paragraphs. I dont know how to type but I damn sure have better manners than you do..Does it make you feel like a "big man" to cut down others?The reason I didnt post this thread was because of the two year old mentality that some project.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Don't care bout writing as long as it tells the story. Was there anything else you noticed like any signs of nesting or anything else ?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Trackhunter

No ,there were no signs of a nest or fecal evidence because I was trying to remember everything about it. I have a hard time envisioning it taking flight. Its wings were so long for its skinny body that it would have to jump off a precipice of extreme heighth to become airborn. The feathers at the crown of the head were black and white about 3 or 4 inches tall and sticking straight up. And in my research some pterosaurs had feathers and teeth. But this one had no teeth. It was opening its beak repeatedly but no sound came out. I kept on staring at its eyes trying to read the expression but fear and anger was all I felt. The eyes were white with the pupils dark brown or black slits . but a wider slit than one usually sees. It was totally foreign to anything Ive ever seen before. I kept on thinking that beak my god look at that beak. It was almost the length of his entire body. I would hate to see it captured or caged because of me but the fact is it never occurred to me to contact anyone at that time

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by chardonnay

Interesting what you mention seeing is bit similar to Feilongus; early middle cretaceous pterosuar with wingspan of 8 feet and 5-10 pounds and long narrow beak. But can't say if it was a pterosaur or something else, a photo would have helped.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

Sorry
this is first thing I thought of reading your post.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Trackhunter

We tried to get one but my son said it didnt take. It was dark under the bridge and he said it looked like one white blob. I dont know what it was but I think a few pterosaurs survived. I read that one fell out of an excavation site and stood up and walked around for a few seconds then fell over and died. Maybe they hibernate for a couple thousand yrs. Who knows.If the thing stayed around,you would think the authorities would know.But I doubt they`d publicize it.And I didnt take offense at the joke either.Its much better than the comment on my compositional skills . Thanks All

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't understand why so many people are jumping all over the OP. there is a considerable amount of reports of thunderbirds /pterodactyl /evolutionary throwbacks of some type throughout the southwest.

Yes, many people collect rocks. That neck of the woods is known for producing some incredible crystal specimens.

Yes, things happen quickly and take people aback. Not everyone's first instinct is to whip out a camera.

It is fine to be skeptical, but if ATS members are this rude to people posting their experiences, I think it will simply scare off other people from opening up.

Thank you for sharing OP. I enjoyed your account.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

Yeah I don't know what is up with the 12 yr old mentality of some on here either, all I can chalk it up to is the new generation that thinks if they can't find it on their smart phone it obviously isn't true.

My family are a bunch of rock hounds and here you can find some awesome rocks, agates, geodes and assorted others that are pretty cool and pretty valuable. Just because you don't do it don't cut someone else down for their hobbies.

After seeing my own unbelievable animal in a huge sasquatch walking across the road in front of me I totally understand the lack of evidence. I didn't take a picture either, and I sure as heck wasn't about to stop and go chase it down trying to. I did go back later in the daytime to look for footprints/whatever, but didn't find anything and didn't honestly want to be there in the first place as this thing scared me and I been in the woods all my life.

It is shocking to see something that does not fit into your version of "reality" and when it does, your first thought is not necessarily "I need to get this on facebook!" Contrary to popular belief seeing something unbelievable can be a scary and unsettling experience.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

Thankyou, Its nice to know there are supportive people here. It is unnerving to see something that doesn`t fit into our idea of reality. I would like to say to some people who whole heartedly believe in the bible " Picts Or It Didnt Happen!!! Ha Ha Ho Ho Hee Hee Hum Hum

------ an old song entitled ' They`re Coming To Take Me Away"

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by chardonnay

Posts like yours are should be encouraged, like a good mystery. On topic, do you plan to visit the site again ? If yes, do share it here.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Any of these close?

Could've be a heron or crane molting. Under a bridge it would be cool, safe place to hide. Lots of tasty things nearby to snack on.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Hmm. I live in Tucson and have seen a few (rather a s*&tload of) weird sights. Included was a large bird that looked pretty pterodactyl-like but was too far away to be sure of anything other than it was big, glided a lot and had pointy wings that didn't have the usual raptor flight feathers at the trailing ends.

In what general area did this happen? Even if it was a stork or wayward pelican, it's pretty neat since they are rare in these parts. If it was in fact a supposedly extinct dinosaur I hope they aren't thinking of populating greater metro Tucson as folks 'round here tend to pack heat and some don't take kindly to extinct flying monsters.

There has been a steady disappearance of family pets through the years, but I tend to think the probable culprits are coyotes and mountain lions -which cruise through the downtown area as I can attest to. Swooping pterosaurs are far cooler, though.

So I hope you were spot on with your observation and they're coming back along with the Jaguars.

Edit* Oh yeah, did it have feathers on the wings? Feathering and general colors? Down, etc.?
edit on 1/21/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/21/2013 by Baddogma because: afterthought and raptor.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
son was 29 --------------------------I am 32 yjis INFO IS TAKEN right from this duds replys!!!
so the guy whos 32 has a son whos 29 honstly i think thats a better conspersie then if they seen a bird

edit on 21-1-2013 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I think if more folks went rock hunting instead of dreaming up something bad to do the world would be a much
better place. I was worried the poor thing was lost or something as it seems out of place unless it's a vulture maybe. I know there is such a thing as a California condor so maybe there is an answer. We'd have to search for answers..how many babies does a condor usually hatch ? and so forth.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We may never know what it was. You could have tried take a pic of it. But that isn't news. Many people who saw pterodactyls were attacked by them. The Africans fear a lot those animals. A famous zoologist was also attacked by one. In 1910 a mine in Brazil was attacked by a huge pterodactyl like creature.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

So, when you said this animal was trying to be hostile, it certainly matches other sightings. The lack of evidences also makes sense. Their wingspan is huge. They probably don't even need to flap wings to fly. They probably stay on air for hours.

any logical person who was telling the truth would go back and get evidence, which there would likely be.
you didn't do that.

Would you try to enter in a jaguar lair's to proof they are again in the U.S.A? (fact). I wouldn't. Imagine trying to enter the lair of the Jersey Demon or even the Sasquatch.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Not even close.It was standing on two rather short skinny chicken like legs. The thing stood about 3 1/2 ft to 4 ft. tall. I am trying to draw it but havent succeeded. The wings had paws or handlike arms like a bat but I think there were feathers. What I am realizing is that my mind is trying to tuck this creature into an existing species and it just doesnt fit.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Here are some pics of a California Condor... Average height about 50 inches, wing span of about 9 feet....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
First: If you look at the BODY of a pteranodon it kinda resembles a monkey- -Strange, but true- -It's not like other birds.

Second: Can you tell any similarities between any known birds or the birds mentioned earlier and what you saw.

Third: Can you go back and look for any evidence.

Fourth: You said that your son said that the picture "didn't take", but then he said "it looked like one white blob". Is he talking about a photo that WAS taken, but just didn't come out good- -If so PLEASE post it anyway no matter how bad it is.

Lastly:

Originally posted by midnightstar
son was 29 --------------------------I am 32 yjis INFO IS TAKEN right from this duds replys!!!
so the guy whos 32 has a son whos 29 honstly i think thats a better conspersie then if they seen a bird

edit on 21-1-2013 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

Please explain this!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join