It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our experience with a legend be it pterosaur, thunderbird ,pterodactyl,dragon, wyvern or combination

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
My son and I were out looking for rocks as we often do. This episode took place outside of Tucson Az. My son decided to look under this bridge. I didnt want to go because Id have to walk back up and it was pretty steep. But went along anyway. We walked to the bottom of the ravine and were inspecting the ground when we both noticed movement in a darker corner under the bridge. This bird type thing rose up from resting on its elbows to try to threaten us. We both stared in total disbelief. It was a baby with a wing span on one side of at least 4 feet. The crown of its head had moulting feathers sticking straight up. But it was covered in a whitish soft down. The arms extended into the wings and you could see the hands at the end of the second joint of the wings. The head was long and narrow with an extremely long narrow beak.We were probably 12 ft. away from it. My son said " Is that a monkey?. I said a ffffin monkey? It was attempting to spread its wings to threaten us but was stumbling forward with each attempt. It had a skinny little body about 3 ft tall including the chicken like legs and these tremendous wings It couldnt balance very well, made no sound and I saw no sign of an egg After our initial shock my son tried to get a picture and then said I dont want to be here when mommy gets back. When we arrived back at the car ,I kept on saying that was a pterodactyl. Whether you believe it or not is up to you but I swear this took place about a year ago. My son is in his 30`s.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

You son was 29 and said "I dont want to be here when MOMMY gets back."?

maybe an eagle???

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

So your 29 year old son thought a pterodactyl was a monkey? They do look so similar ..... So, neither of you had a phone with you either so no pics of course. Very believable.
1/10

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

maybe an eagle???

I really dont think he meant his mommy, but the animal's as he did state it looked like a baby! No matter how old he is! I am 32 and if I come accross a baby grizzly, I will hope MOMMY isnt around also!

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I love going out to look for rocks with my kids (they collect them) I guess if they still do when are 30 and they ask me to tag along, I might just enjoy the reminescing...right!

Oh and to the OP! That picture would have been really nice! Maybe you can go back to the area to see if "it" still lives around there, and grad a quick (but clear) picture and post it for us!
I know I would love to see it!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

A pelican. I know its far fetched, but without a picture, it is the closest thing I could find that would have similarities with a pterodactyle. I read they CAN get pretty large in some areas of the world (not sure about where you are though) but if it was in a dark area, except for the "horn" type thing on the Ptero's head, and the feathers of course, they do sorta look a like. What do you think?

I know you said it was only 12 feet away, but for it to be mistaken for a monkey even for just a second by a 30yo, it must of been dark enough down there, no? (I say that cause a 30 yo would immediately notice if the creature had wings imo, thus would not make this kind of mistake in species)

Can it be a Pterodactyle that you saw? Chances are slim IMO but to say it is impossible....I wouldn't go that far (but almost). This is one hell of a big bird to go unnoticed for millions of years dontcha think? I do beleive you saw something under that bridge, but....what was it?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

1. Why were you looking for rocks ?

2. Why were you looking for rocks ?

3. Why were you looking for rocks ?

I don't believe your story.

I've been a rock hound since a teacher gave me a rock hammer and and a book on rocks when I was 10. But, I don't believe the story either.
Flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz maybe?
edit on 1/18/2013 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

maybe an eagle???

I think mommy was the bird thing.

And some of these replies are kinda harsh....just because people enjoy looking for rocks doesn't make their stories unbelievable. Lots of people are rock hounds, after all.

OP, I don't know what you saw. But have you tried going back to see if its still there?
edit on 18-1-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Should have called the cops (or Ranger, who ever is closest) with your cell phone and told them to bring a camera. I mean if what you say is true., you would not leave it like this. Sorry, I'm having a hard time with this story. It screams BS! ahhhhhh! IMHO

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Looking for rocks. Looking UNDER rocks for.. lizards, snakes? Who knows?

I can't believe a grownup would look for rocks/fossils/cool spiders/lizards/snakes/bugs that live under rocks.

Geez. Thats absolutely FAR FETCHED!!!

Noting the above sarcasm because I'm having a hard time swallowing that the intelligent people of the ATS community are focusing on someone rock-hunting (for whatever reason) as clues to a sham.

Oh, someone isn't as well-versed in grammar as others.. so the fact that there were no paragraphs, damn. Must be a hoax.

Really?

Point being that cryptoids of the flying kind are reported all over, so COULD it have been a pterodactyl? That I don't know. The point of this post wasn't to be a 'Do you believe me or not' but rather a 'What do you think it sounds like', so let's stick to the respectful end of the spectrum and roll with the thread.

I live in West Virginia and there are literally TONS of sightings of random/unknown creatures.

I told a girl at work that I want to start MHWV and try to take a deeper look at some of the focal sites for the reports that are being generated. Maybe I CAN find a thunderbird, or a bigfoot.

Her reply? - "Oh my god! I think I HIT mothman with my car? No, seriously. It was something huge. I got out of the car to check what it was because it rolled right over me and left a big dent on my trunk. There was nothing on the road. It was so weird..."

I went out and looked at her car when I was on lunch (not because I didn't believe her, but to see if said dent was really something that was caused by a large weight hitting it or just a rock-scuff). Sure enough, there was a dent that looked like someone cannon-balled right onto her trunk.

Just sayin.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Im not sure there was any proof that pteradactyls had feathers. maybe it was a turkey vulture they can have huge wingspans though they dont have the white chest feathers, it could be possible
www.birdweb.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
OP, I don't see what's so unbelievable about your story. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with anyone of any age being scared of being around when some crazy, unknown creature's "mommy" comes home. Actually, that just sounds like common sense to me. If baby is scary, logic says momma is probably going to be bigger and scarier. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about here. And I think it's also quite likely that when someone comes up against something unknown, the mind goes through known/common creatures in trying to identify what it's seeing before deciding that it is actually looking at something extraordinary. Granted, monkeys and pterodactyls aren't similar creatures but still...

I believe you, OP. I actually want to believe that it was a pterodactyl. I would love for there to still be a few of them alive and well out there.

ETA: I know plenty of people who look for rocks... I have an aunt who made it quite a hobby for a while. She uses them in her landscaping. Again, I don't see what all the fuss is...
edit on 1/18/2013 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You may want to try doing a search for large birds in Arizona. As some suggested it could be a turkey vulture. There are other birds that can get quite large that are in Arizona such as condors, hawks, eagles,and falcons to name a few. All can be found in Arizona.

By the way, I was a geology major in college. I never worked as one, but still am a rock hound.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Love stories like these dear OP. I'm on the fence. Did you ever consider returning to that place with a decent camera? I mean, if you're sincere, it would be the discovery of the century...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Lots of people look for rocks. My whole family likes to pick hiking areas based of locations for rock hounding. So, nothing odd about people in the desert looking for rocks.
I live in the phoenix area and have seen a group of three large birds extremely high up that based on cloud height I estimated at wing spans of 20 + feet. That seemed impossible but I saw them and checked ceiling height for that day. So, i believe it could of been a huge unknown species that you saw too.

I'd look up the bird species mentioned earlier and look for what the young look like to rule that out if I saw what you had.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
any logical person who was telling the truth would go back and get evidence, which there would likely be.
you didn't do that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join