It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Partnership between NSA and banks allows new government access to your accounts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

So it is with great interest to the American people that a new partnership being formed on Jan. 13 between the NSA and the major U.S. financial institutions to counter global hacking crime, could allow the government access to, and surveillance of, personal and business accounts residing in these institutions.

Partnership between NSA and banks

If there ever was any more of a smoking gun that our government is the banks, this should pretty much pull the trigger. Running an end-around the 4th Amendment, again, the NSA can now not only listen to your calls, but look at your financial transactions even easier!

I love this gem:

According to the NSA in a statement regarding this new partnership, they declined any specifics, but stated they intend to work in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

Riiiight, because they've been so careful to operate openly and transparently before!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
That's why you carry cash

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Carrying cash is becoming more and more of a red flag for law enforcement profiling these days. I think the solution is moving to local banks not affiliated (to the extent that major banks are) with such draconian measures.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Good point. Though to profile somebody for having 60$ bucks in their pocket.. Seems a bit hard to stick. They'd have to have some other reason to be profiled, no?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
reply to post by Son of Will

Good point. Though to profile somebody for having 60$ bucks in their pocket.. Seems a bit hard to stick. They'd have to have some other reason to be profiled, no?

Your profiled when you spend the cash and not by law enforcement, but by your fellow citizens. They have put out through media for the average Joe to be suspicious of those people who pay with cash because a "terrorist" would operate this way. I don't think there is any request or directive to take any action, but I think there is the assumption that if you suspect someone to be a terrorist you would report this to law enforcement.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by RooskiZombi

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Carrying cash is becoming more and more of a red flag for law enforcement profiling these days. I think the solution is moving to local banks not affiliated (to the extent that major banks are) with such draconian measures.

I use a local credit union. There are a couple of local-only banks that aren't in the Federal Reserve system that I would move to, though, if my credit union somehow went under.

But this is maddening. Especially when people like OWS decry the banks and want to marry the current dictator because he's so "open and transparent" and really, really cares about them.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dervish

I've never been looked at as a Terrorist for carrying cash, nor seen anybody look at someone this way, or even looked at someone myself in such way.

You have the choice to carry cash, or to rely on a piece of plastic that tracks your every move and spending habit, regardless if it belongs to a credit union or federal bank. Unfortunately there are no other options (that i'm aware of) but hey, maybe soon enough people will trade goods and services

new topics

top topics

join